TIC TAC DOUGH - Game 12 (Signups Always Open)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

TIC TAC DOUGH - Game 12 (Signups Always Open)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 am

Post by Xalxe »

In a moment, the game that intrigued a nation. In a moment, the game of strategy, knowledge & fun. In a moment...

TIC
TAC
DOUGH

Overview

Tic Tac Dough is a gameshow where two contestants compete in a game of Tic Tac Toe. In order to claim squares, they must answer trivia questions. Money is added to the pot for each square claimed, and the winner takes home the pot and plays a bonus press-your-luck game.

Gameplay
  • The two contestants are presented with a board of nine categories. The returning champion plays X and chooses a category first.
  • A trivia question is asked, and the player has 24 hours to answer it. Get it right, and they claim the square and add money to the pot. Get it wrong, and the category is changed.
  • Claiming an outside square adds $500 to the pot. The center square, being the most valuable, is worth $1000. However, all center square questions have two parts, and both parts must be answered correctly to claim the square.
  • Normal squares have a blue background. Some squares will have red backgrounds, meaning that they are special in some way. Their specialness will be explained at the start of the game.
  • A game continues until a player wins by claiming three squares in a row. If a game results in a tie (all squares claimed without a win, or if it is impossible to achieve a win for either player), a new board is created and the pot carries over.
Bonus Game: Beat the Dragon
  • The winner of a game wins the pot and goes on to play the bonus game. They will be given a board with nine numbered squares.
  • Eight numbered squares will have monetary values hidden, while one will have the Dragon.
  • Players open one square at a time, adding that value to the bonus game's pot. If they reach $1000 or more, they win the bonus game and an additional prize package.
  • If, at any time, a player finds the Dragon, the Dragon burns all the bonus cash and the game ends.
  • Players may choose to walk away at any time without the prize package but with all the cash they have earned.
  • If a player visits five consecutive bonus games, their prize package during the fifth will include a brand new car.
Forum Rules
  • This is a trivia game, and as such, outside resources are
    prohibited
    . Where's the fun in that anyway? This is all fake money. Reconsider your choices.
  • There will be an ongoing queue, which may be joined any time. After a game concludes, the next player in line will become the challenger against the last game's champion.
  • If a player wins seven consecutive games, they may be asked to retire.
  • My questions are written from an American's perspective. As such, non-American players may struggle with questions on American sports, history, geography, etc. However, you may wildly outpace American contestants in questions about your native areas! I will try to minimize the number of America-centric questions per game, but the point is: caveat emptor.
Last edited by Xalxe on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 am, edited 12 times in total.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Xalxe »

Signups are always open!

Current Queue
  1. SleepyKrew
  2. Charles510
  3. xofelf
  4. Allomancer
  5. NotMySpamAccount
  6. Nancy Drew 39
  7. StrangerCoug
  8. BuJaber
  9. vincentw
  10. Flicker
  11. randomidget
  12. Cheery Dog
  13. puzzledan
  14. Chemist1422
Last edited by Xalxe on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:54 am, edited 36 times in total.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Xalxe »

From a snowy Internet Television City in northeast Ohio, it's everybody's game of strategy, knowledge & fun. It's
Tic
Tac
Dough
! And now, here's your host, the sinking realization that you're not getting any work done today,
Xalxe
!

Ah, thank you, thank you so much! He's wonderful, isn't he? Marvelous, just marvelous. You know, we auditioned dozens of announcers for this gig, and he was the only one we could get for free! Sensational. Fantastic.

Welcome, one and all, to our very first episode of Tic Tac Dough! Thank you so much for coming out, we've got a great show for you today, yes, yes we do. And two fantastic contestants, let's meet them, shall we?

They're an international person of mystery from a secret location, it's
hearthstone1235
!

And, our challenger, a woman of many words and fewer filters, it's
xofelf
!

Lovely, fantastic, they were, of course, chosen by random draw from our studio audience, and not here as part of a community outreach program, no sir. Anyway, let's take a look at today's board!

Look at that board. Look at it. It's gorgeous. Spent my whole month's allowance on it. So, here's how our game works, if you're new around here, which all of us are.

hearthstone
, can I call you hearthstone? I'm gonna. You're gonna pick a category, and I'm gonna ask you a question. Get it right, you get the square. Get it wrong, the square changes. The outside squares all are worth $500 each, which gets added to that pot up at the top of the screen for the winner. The center square, that beauty, she's worth $1000, but all center squares are two-part questions, so they're a bit trickier!

Now, most of our categories are the standard blue, but we've got two red categories up there for ya, lemme explain them real quick.

Our
Secret Category
in the lower right, that's a question about anything. Movies? Maybe! History? Perhaps! My life? Almost definitely not! Whenever that square's claimed, the amount in the pot
doubles
. So maybe don't pick it first? Or do, I'm not the boss of you.

Up at the top you'll also see that Company Logos is red. Now this game, that's a
Trivia Dare
. That sucker's got a multiple choice question under it. Whenever it's chosen, I'll read the question, and the player who picked it gets to decide if they want to answer it, or Dare their opponent to answer it. If someone gets Dared and they get it right, they get the square, but if they don't, their opponent does! Ha! We love a gamble!

All the other categories, they're exactly what it says on the tin. So, whaddya say,
hearthstone
? What's our first square?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh, alright, a gamblin' man! So, here's the question, you can either choose to answer it or force xofelf to give it a shot.

Company Logos

Which of the following is part of the logo of Australian clothing company Billabong?

A) Waves
B) Sun
C) Emu
D) Leaves

So, play, or Dare xofelf?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright,
xofelf
, you're up! Answer this question to claim the square, but get it wrong and hearthstone gets it.

Company Logos

Which of the following is part of the logo of Australian clothing company Billabong?

A) Waves
B) Sun
C) Emu
D) Leaves
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Xalxe »

You absolutely should! I love you!

xofelf
says it's
waves

And she's correct! Control of the square and the board is yours. We've also put $500 in the pot for the correct answer. What's next?

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

Unsurprisingly, you've chosen the category for nerds! No passing this one off, you've got to get it right or you get nothing.

Book Series

What series of novels, originally by Robert Ludlum and later continued by Eric Von Lustbader, includes books with the words Legacy, Betrayal, and Deception in their titles?

Remember that one time last weekend I was supposed to get to play Betrayal Legacy and then I missed out? Sad times!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Xalxe »

xofelf
, I am afraid...

that is correct! The Bourne series was three books by Ludlum and then, like, twelve by Lustbader, which I have to assume are just, like, hardcore fanfiction or something.

hearthstone
, the board is yours. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but xof's got two in a row and if she gets the third, she wins. So...I mean...

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #26 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:09 am

Post by Xalxe »

Shocking, I tell ya! Just shocking!

Alright hearthstone, for the block:

Food

What food product is most notably associated with the brands Hebrew National, Nathan’s Famous, and Ball Park?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #29 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:53 am

Post by Xalxe »

hearthstone
says donuts...

and that is...

incorrect! I'm so sorry. All three of those companies are actually notable for their
hot dogs

As a question was answered incorrectly, we need a new category, and that new category is:

Snack Foods
!

Alright xof, once again control of the board is yours. I suspect I know the answer, but I must ask anyway: which question would you like?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #32 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:21 am

Post by Xalxe »

who COULD have SEEN this COMING

certainly not I!

Alright, for the win, your question:

Snack Foods

First sold in 1966, what caramel popcorn and peanuts snack food briefly replaced Cracker Jack at Yankee Stadium in 2004, before public outcry led to a reversal?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #34 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Xalxe »

xofelf says it's Crunch 'N Munch...

and she is...

...absolutely
correct
! Congratulations, that's Tic Tac Dough!

(pretend the lights are flashing please!)

hearthstone, thank you so much for joining us for our first-ever game. Feel free to join the queue again, but for now, we must bid you a fond farewell.

xofelf, you've won $1500, and you're headed to the bonus game! But first, a word from our sponsors!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #36 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Xalxe »

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #37 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, we're back, and it's time to play our bonus game with our first champion, xofelf!

xof, how are you feeling about this win? Fantastic, and thank you so much for the compliment!

Now, here's how our bonus game works. First of all, that $1500 you won in the main game, that's safe, that's in your pocket, that's not going anywhere. Let's take a look at our Bonus Board.

Behind eight of those spaces are cash values from $50 to $500. Open one of them, it'll get added to the pot at the top of the screen. Your goal is to meet or beat $1000. Do that, and you'll win our prize pack.

But one of those spaces hides the DRAGON! *audience boos* Find the Dragon, he burns your cash and you get nothing.

Announcerman, tell her about today's prize package!

Well, in honor of the release of Kingdom Hearts III, we've got a fabulous Kingdom Hearts prize package!
First, a Playstation 4 and a copy of Kingdom Hearts III, valued at $380
And then, of course, a trip for four to Walt Disney World! Resort stay and park passes valued at $2800 for a total prize package of $3180!

Lovely! So, xof, what's our first square?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #39 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:37 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, behind square number 7 we have...

Oh no! The Dragon!

burning sound effects play

Gee, if I'd known you were going to pick him right off, I wouldn't have written out that whole prize package. Still, thank you so much for playing! You'll be our champion, and once we have a challenger we'll get started with our second game. So don't go away folks, we'll be back after These Messages!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #43 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:13 am

Post by Xalxe »

Aaaaaaaand we're back! Two games in one episode, how's THAT for a deal! Let's meet our contestants for game 2!

Our returning champion, who won game 1 in a clean sweep and is currently sitting on $1500, it's
xofelf
!

And our challenger, a Sudoku enthusiast from North Southchester, it's
puzzledan
!

Thanks for joining us here today puzzledan, great to have you. I know xofelf's a formidable opponent, but I believe in you! Now, let's take a look at today's board:

Ah, she's a beauty. Gorgeous. Square 4 there is
Decorations
by the way, it's just too long to fit on the monitor!

Now, as always, the outside squares are worth $500, the center square is worth $1000 for a two-part question. There's two red squares up there as well. The Secret Category is the same as always: could be about anything, and it doubles the pot when answered correctly.

The other red there, 2010s TV, that's a
Challenge Category
. When you pick that square, without seeing the question, you choose whether you're going to answer the question or your opponent will. If you challenge your opponent and they fail, you get the square! But if they get it right, they keep it, so it's a bit of a risk!

Now, as our returning champion,
xofelf
, you're up first. Let's play!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #45 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:54 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, we begin in square 4!

Decorations

What decorative material that mimics the effect of ice has a name from Old French meaning “sparkle”?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #47 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Xalxe »

Ha! I see what you did there! Tinsel goes on trees! Oh, we have fun here.

Anyhow, you are...absolutely
correct
! And for the first time, there's an X on the board!

Alright
puzzledan
, you're up. What category speaks to you?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #50 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, here we go, center square! Now remember, this is a two-parter, and you have to get both parts right to get the square. Here's the first part:

Pro Wrestling

Who has held the WWE Championship a record 13 times - the first time in 2005, and most recently in early-2017?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #52 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Xalxe »

John Cena Xalxe? Don't know him, I'm so sorry!

[theme music plays]

But the correct answer is JOHN CENA!

Now, for part 2!

Pro Wrestling, Part 2

Who is the current WWE Champion?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #54 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:55 am

Post by Xalxe »

That...

is absolutely
correct
! Well done! $1000 added to the pot, and you've claimed the center square!

xofelf
, I hope that didn't throw too much of a wrench into your plans. Where are we headed?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #56 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Xalxe »

You've got it!

Movie Names

In what film does Jim Carrey play a title character whose last name is Burbank?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #59 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Xalxe »

She says The Truman Show...

and she...

is right! Well done! Another $500 for the pot there, and a corner square for you.

puzzledan
, I am legally required to ask, where would you like to go next?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #61 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Landmarks it is! Remember, if you miss it, xofelf will still have to answer a question to get the square.

Landmarks

Enlightening the World
is the last part of the official name of what major landmark?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #64 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:26 am

Post by Xalxe »

Don't worry, you absolutely spelled that right!

Unfortunately, that is not the correct answer! We were looking for the
Statue of Liberty
, whose full name is
Liberty Enlightening the World

Let's get a new category on the board, shall we?

Games
! That's fun. xofelf, which category would you like?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #66 (isolation #25) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Xalxe »

Groundbreaking. For the win...

Games

How many “A” tiles are available in a standard English-language game of Scrabble?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #69 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 am

Post by Xalxe »

The joke is on you, you won't find out until I get home!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #70 (isolation #27) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by Xalxe »

xofelf declares that there are nine "A" tiles in her Scrabble set...

and she is absolutely right! X gets the square, and the win! That's another $2500 to add to your winnings.

puzzledan, thank you so much for playing, you've been wonderful. Feel free to join our studio audience to play again! Now, xofelf, if you'll just follow me over here to the bonus board...
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #71 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Here we are, once again, at the bonus board.

You remember the rules, yes? Find money, don't hit the dragon? You weren't so good at it last time, here's hoping this time goes better. Prize package is the same because I'm very lazy.

Pick a square, any square! Just not the dragon one!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #74 (isolation #29) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:26 am

Post by Xalxe »

Behind square number 9 we find...

$200! See,
that's
what money looks like on this board.

Now, at any time, you can walk away with the money you've earned, or keep going knowing the Dragon is lurking...and hungry. What's your next choice?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #76 (isolation #30) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:24 am

Post by Xalxe »

Tempting fate, I see...

And another $150! Remember, your goal is $1000, play or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #78 (isolation #31) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh, you're naughty! What's behind number 4?

Ooh, big money! Play or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #80 (isolation #32) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, xofelf adds another $700 to her pot!

Now, because you didn't find the dragon, before we end this episode, we're going to do one final round. First, we need a random member of the studio audience. Come on down,
mallowgeno
!

applause, cheers, music sting

Now, we've got a very special opportunity for you. You've got one chance at this game which we're calling Find the Dragon! That's right, it's exactly the opposite of the normal Bonus Game. Pick one of the squares xofelf didn't choose. If you find the Dragon, we'll send you home with $200 and this limited-edition "I Found the Dragon" hat!

So, take a look at the board and pick your square when you're ready.

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #82 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Xalxe »

Is the Dragon behind square 8?

Oh, no! As it turns out, the Dragon was in square 3. Better luck next time!

That's it for us on this episode of Tic Tac Dough. Tune in next time for more trivia strategy action! Until then, I'm your host, Xalxe, and don't forget to spay and neuter your kids! Goodnight!

outro music plays
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #84 (isolation #34) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Xalxe »

From a wet and miserable Internet Television City in northeast Ohio, it's everybody's game of strategy, knowledge & fun. It's
Tic
Tac
Dough
! And now, here's your host, a right shoe that was left on the freeway for months,
Xalxe
!

Thank you! Thank you so much! Thank you all! Wow, look at this crowd? Did we add more seats to this studio? I mean, wow! It's just amazing how many people we can fit in here now!

Thank you all so much for joining us today, we've got a lovely episode planned for you. Some great questions, some lovely contestants, let's meet them, shall we?

First, our returning champion, with a two-game total of $4700, it's
xofelf
!

And her next challenger, a Betrayal at House on the Hill enthusiast from the west coast, it's
Charles510
!

Great to have you both with us today, you're definitely here by choice, yes. Let's have a look at today's board!

What a stunner, I tells ya. Now, xofelf, as our returning champion, you're up first. You'll pick a category and answer a question. Get it right, you add money to the pot and claim the square. First to get three in a row wins! The outside squares are worth $500 each, while the center is a two-parter and worth $1000.

Now as always, we have a couple of red squares up there for you. The
Secret Category
, that's our old standby. There's a question about anything under there; get it right, it doubles the current value of the pot.
Politicians
is also red, and this time that means it's a
Double or Nothing
question! If you get it right, you get to pick another square to answer. Get both right, you claim both squares, but if you miss the second question, you lose control of the first square as well. Ha! We love a gamble around here, yes we do.

So, xofelf, you're up first, what's your choice to start us off?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #85 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Xalxe »

(also as a note on the Double or Nothing: you don't
have
to use the power, you can just opt to keep the square and not go for two)
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #87 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, our first question on Musicals!

Musicals

Rex et Ego is the name in Latin of what Rodgers and Hammerstein musical?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #89 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Xalxe »

Do
you
wanna come over here and host the game?

Anyway, you are, of course, absolutely correct.

Charles
! Welcome to the show! What category looks most fun to you?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #92 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, audience, behave yourselves!

Politicians

What position did Dick Cheney hold in President George H.W. Bush's administration from 1989 to 1993?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #94 (isolation #39) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Xalxe »

You've answered (guessed?) Secretary of Defense...

and you are...

absolutely
correct
!

Now, here's the question: do you want to keep that square, or go for Double or Nothing and try for a second square, knowing you could lose both if you get the next question wrong?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #96 (isolation #40) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh he's a gambler! I like it!

Secret Category (Netflix)

What is the name of the Netflix Original series that premiered in February of 2018 about an A/V Club and a Drama Club at Boring High School in mid-1990s Oregon?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #98 (isolation #41) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Xalxe »

Not even a guess?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #100 (isolation #42) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Xalxe »

Hey, you never know! It could be right!

I mean, it is not, but it's always better to make an attempt! No, the correct answer is
Everything Sucks!
, unfortunately. So that means you've lost control of that square you had. Let's put two new categories up there!

Sickness and Candy, that's a combo!
xofelf
, you're up again, where are we headed?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #102 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, good luck!

Video Games

What company released the successful Intellivision video game console in 1980, and released the much-less successful HyperScan video game console in 2006?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #104 (isolation #44) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Xalxe »

How sure are you about that answer?

I mean, you're correct, I just wanna know.

Charles
, sort of a moot point as you're on defense now, but where would you like to go?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #107 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Xalxe »

For the block!

Actresses

What actress has appeared in all of the following films?

The House Bunny, Zombieland, The Help
, and
The Amazing Spiderman
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #109 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 am

Post by Xalxe »

Charles says it's Kirsten Dunst...

but that is incorrect! It was actually
Emma Stone
. I know, easy to get white ladies confused. Let's get a new category!

Alright xof, what'll it be?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #111 (isolation #47) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Xalxe »

For the win!

State Borders

Of the eight U.S. states that border Missouri, which one comes last alphabetically?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #113 (isolation #48) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:32 am

Post by Xalxe »

Well, it appears we've finally found your weakness! I'm afraid the correct answer is the great state of
Tennessee
, so sorry. Jeeves! Another category!

Charles
, you're up again!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #116 (isolation #49) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:16 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oops. That should say Books.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #118 (isolation #50) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Xalxe »

For the block!

Books

Peter Mark Roget is best known for publishing what kind of reference book?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #120 (isolation #51) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Xalxe »

What's a synonym for absolutely correct? How about you've got the block!

xofelf
, some choices coming your way now. Where are we headed?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #122 (isolation #52) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Xalxe »

You got it!

Words

What seven-letter word is both a brand of dishwashing detergent and can be used to describe one of a series of small waterfalls?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #124 (isolation #53) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Xalxe »

Well, I mean, naturally, you are correct!

Charles
, once again you're on defense, unless you think Candy's too hard a category.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #126 (isolation #54) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Xalxe »

Truly, whom amongst us does not?

Candy

What Hershey’s candy bar that is made with chocolate, caramel, and peanut- flavored crisps has used the slogan “More Than a Mouthful”?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #128 (isolation #55) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh, no, I'm so sorry!

The answer actually is...uh...I don't...um...it was...oh what was...ah yes,
Whatchamacallit
!

Let's get another category on the board!
sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped

Ah, just jokes, we've got loads of questions primed and ready to fire.
xofelf
, where to?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #130 (isolation #56) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Xalxe »

xof this isn't the Discord, everyone can see this

Moons

Titan, the second-largest moon in the solar system, orbits which planet?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #133 (isolation #57) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:32 am

Post by Xalxe »

xofelf
said that Titan orbits Saturn...

and that is...

absolutely
correct
!

Congratulations xofelf, that's a third win under your belt! Charles, thank you so much for playing, I suspect you made xofelf sweat a couple of times there. Feel free to rejoin our studio audience!

xof, you're headed to our bonus game once again, follow me!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #134 (isolation #58) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

This board is a familiar sight for you, isn't it
xofelf
? This is your third consecutive trip to the bonus game! Stop showing off!

Now, you know how this works by now, I presume. You'll open squares one at a time. Your goal is to get to $1000 without finding the Dragon. You can, of course, walk away at any time with your winnings. Let's hear about today's prize package!

Well, in honor of the release of Kingdom Hearts III, we've got a fabulous Kingdom Hearts prize package!
First, a Playstation 4 and a copy of Kingdom Hearts III, valued at $380
And then, of course, a trip for four to Walt Disney World! Resort stay and park passes valued at $2800 for a total prize package of $3180!

Beautiful! Not a repeat at all. So,
xofelf
, what'll it be for the first square?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #137 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

Behind square 5 we've got...

Alright, money on the board! Go again or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #139 (isolation #60) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Xalxe »

What's behind square 6?

Alright, you're up to $400! Play or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #141 (isolation #61) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Xalxe »

In square 1 we have...

Hey, up to $750! So close to the $1000 goal, play or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #143 (isolation #62) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Xalxe »

I am too lazy to get off the couch and update the board but that's another $100! So close! But the Dragon will burn it all if you find him! What'll it be?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #145 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Xalxe »

Well, I can tell you that this is the last square you'll have to open. Either you'll find the Dragon, or you'll get an amount that'll put you over the top.

Show us what's behind square 4!

Congratulations! You've won the prize package worth $3,180!

music, confetti

While xofelf celebrates, let's bring down a random studio audience member! Today's random selection is...
Aurathebirb
!

Now, Aura, xofelf didn't find the dragon on the board, but we'd like you to take a shot at it. You get to open one square. Find the dragon, you'll win $200 and this limited-edition I Found the Dragon hat! So, what's your choice?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #148 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Behind square 3 we have...

Oh, no Dragon! Once again, he was hiding behind square seven. Thanks for playing Aura, and we'll see you real soon for the main game!

We've got a new challenger ready to go, we'll get them going against our champion after These Messages!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #149 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #150 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back! Welcome back, welcome back one and all. We've got a great game in store for you folks, so let's jump right in with our contestants!

Our undisputed champion, with three wins under her belt and nearly $11,000 in winnings, it's
xofelf
!

And, aiming to unseat her, a MishMash staple that holds us together, it's
pablito
!

Let's take a look at the new board!

What a beauty. Now, there are, as always, a couple of red squares up there. You both know what that
Secret Category
does: question about anything, doubles the pot, etc etc etc.

Number Please
, now that's a new one. Behind that is a question with a numerical answer. The player who chooses it will be asked to give an answer. Their opponent will then be asked to guess whether the
correct
answer is HIGHER or LOWER than the answer given. If their prediction is correct, they get the square, but if it isn't, or if the contestant manages to guess the answer dead-on, then they get the square.

So, as always,
xofelf
will go first. Which category speaks to you this time?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #152 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Ah, the 90s! I mostly don't remember them.

90s Movies

In what 1997 film is the song "I Say a Little Prayer (For You)" sung by the cast as a whole and, separately, a character played by Rupert Everett?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #154 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Well, of course it is!

pablito
, you're up, welcome to the show! What's your fancy?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #156 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Okay! Remember, all the center questions are two-parters, and you have to get both to claim the square.

US History

What was the last U.S. state to be admitted to the union?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #158 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Has Tulsi lead you astray?

She...has not, you are correct! Now, here’s Part 2:

US History

What year was it admitted to the Union?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #160 (isolation #71) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I, um...
does quick finger calculations
I have some questions after the show?

Anyway, is the answer 1948?

buzzer noise

Oh no, I'm sorry! The answer was actually 1959. We make that center square tricky for a reason! Let's get a new one, shall we?

Hmm, this center square seems familiar somehow...I'm sure it's nothing.

xofelf
, you're up, what'll it be?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #163 (isolation #72) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Xalxe »

vizIIsto wrote:
*whispers to Xalxe, in fear of otherwise interrupting the show*:
Can I make a remark when this episode has ended?
Sure!

Here's Albums for xof.

Albums

Green River, Willy and the Poor Boys, and Cosmo’s Factory were albums released in 1969 and 1970 by what four-member rock band?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #165 (isolation #73) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Xalxe »

Why yes, it absolutely is!

pablito
, you're up. Where to?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #167 (isolation #74) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:01 am

Post by Xalxe »

please don't say things like that we need the sponsorships thanks

Fast Food

What fast food chain, founded in Wichita, Kansas in 1921, has a Cravers Hall of Fame that honors its superfans?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #169 (isolation #75) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Xalxe »

I...I don't understand. Are you communicating in code? Having a stroke? I'm very confused.

Anyway, it hardly matters, because you are absolutely
correct
!

xofelf
, your turn, where to?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #171 (isolation #76) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Xalxe »

It's very rude to play with your food, xof.

Video Games

What survival video game, published by Epic Games, released a free-to-play Battle Royale mode in September 2017, which the publisher said makes it “the biggest PC/console game in the world” right now?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #173 (isolation #77) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Xalxe »

does fortnite dance or something, I dunno, memes

That is correct!

pablito
, you're up!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #175 (isolation #78) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Xalxe »

But have we considered: Communism is good, actually?

70s TV

Keith, Laurie, Danny, Christopher, and Tracy were siblings in what 1970s sitcom?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #177 (isolation #79) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Xalxe »

I...I feel as if you're not guessing here?

Anyhow, you are, of course, absolutely correct!

xofelf
, pablito is really proving to be a formidable opponent. Where to now?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #180 (isolation #80) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:25 am

Post by Xalxe »

Finally

Just a reminder: once you answer, pablito will choose whether the correct answer is HIGHER or LOWER than the answer you gave. Whoever's right gets the square!

Number Please

To the nearest million dollars, how much would $1 million USD in 1900 have been worth in 2017?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #182 (isolation #81) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I’m taking 25 million as your answer, I guess?

pablito, is the correct answer HIGHER or LOWER?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #184 (isolation #82) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Xalxe »

pablito
says the answer is HIGHER than $25 million...

The correct answer is...

That $1 million in 1900 money...

Would have been worth, in 2017...

$30 million! pablito gets the square!

Well now, this is a brand new situation.
pablito
is one square away from a win to dethrone our champion! Now, this is an important decision, so think about it carefully. Where to next?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #186 (isolation #83) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Xalxe »

You have such interesting stories, I do hope I get to hear more of them soon.

Tourism

Montego Bay is a tourist destination in what country?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #188 (isolation #84) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Xalxe »

Jamaica, Aruba, ooh I wanna take ya...

to the bonus game, because that is absolutely correct!

xofelf, thank you so much for playing, you were quite the force to start our show off, and you're still taking home a prize pool worth nearly $11,000. Congratulations!

Now, pablito, follow me over here to the bonus game...
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #189 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

pablito, congratulations on your win, and welcome to the bonus game, Beat the Dragon. Here's how it works.

Eight of those squares have monetary values, ranging from $50 to $500. Find them, they get added to the pot. Your goal is to meet or beat $1000 and you'll win our prize pack for the day.

One of those squares has the Dragon. Find him and you'll lose everything you've earned here, but your $3500 from the main game, that's safe, no touching that!

You can walk away at any time if you think you've earned enough or think the odds aren't in your favor.

Announcerman, tell him what today's prize package is!

Well Xalxe, in honor of The Lego Movie 2, we'll be sending you and three friends to Legoland Orlando!

You'll stay in the luxurious Orland World Center Mariott, be treated to a Gold Brick VIP Legoland experience, including the new Lego Movie Land, and get a special exclusive screening of The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part! Total cash value is $2,755!

Well that sounds wonderful.
pablito
, what's your first pick?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #192 (isolation #86) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Xalxe »

You, uh...okay, sure, why not!

Hey, big money! Now, are you playing or walking away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #194 (isolation #87) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

That Dragon's been behind 7 twice so far, is this the third time?

He is not! Another $250! Play or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #196 (isolation #88) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Xalxe »

Yes Mx. Dragon, are you behind #5?

Oh no, just more money! Press on or fall back?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #198 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, going for the Tic Tac Dough! Behind square 8...

roaring, burning sound effects

Oh no, the dragon! Well, no bonus winnings, but you've got your $3500 and a spot as our new Champion on our next episode!

Thanks everyone for joining us on this episode, we've had a lovely time. Hope you'll come play with us next time. I'm your host Xalxe, and until next time, stay turnt!

outro music plays
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #199 (isolation #90) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Xalxe »

As a couple of housekeeping notes before I get the next game started:

a) I'm really bad at coming up with ideas for the prize packages; if you have clever ideas, or even just inspiration to bounce off of, PM/DM me!
2) Now that xofelf isn't the only one on the leaderboard I wanted to publicize that this exists.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #201 (isolation #91) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

From a bone-chillingly cold Internet Television Studio in northeast Ohio, it's everybody's game of strategy, knowledge & fun. It's
Tic
Tac
Dough
! And now, here's your host, a d20 that only seems to roll well on Perception checks,
Xalxe
!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you all so much! You're lovely, you really are, I love you all. You're spectacular. Never change.

Last episode we saw our seemingly undefeatable juggernaut fall at the hands of our brand new champion. What will we see today? Let's find out!

First, our returning champion, with a win under his belt and $3500 in his pocket, it's
pablito
!

And our new challenger, a semi-professional Xalxe impersonator, it's
Allomancer
!

Wonderful to have you both with us today, thanks for ditching your parole officers to be here. Let's take a look at today's board!

She's beautiful, ain't she? Now, pablito, as our returning champion, you're up first. You'll pick a category and answer a question. Get it right, you add money to the pot and claim the square. First to get three in a row wins! The outside squares are worth $500 each, while the center is a two-parter and worth $1000.

And of course, there's a couple of red categories up there for you. The
Secret Category
is the same as always, it could be a question about anything! Get it right and you double whatever the current pot is.
Number Please
is special to us, it's what let pablito defeat the legendary xofelf. The player who chooses it answers a question with a numerical answer. Their opponent then declares whether the correct answer is HIGHER or LOWER than the answer given. Get it right and you get the square!

So,
pablito
, you're up first as our current champion. What piques your interest?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #203 (isolation #92) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Xalxe »

It is my absolute pleasure to have you back. Alright, Actors! Remember that all the center squares are two-part questions worth $1000.

Actors

Rapper and actor O’Shea Jackson, Jr. portrayed his father in what 2015 biopic?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #205 (isolation #93) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Ah, I'm sorry, the answer was actually Straight Outta Compton! He plays his dad, who you may know as Ice Cube.

Let's get a new center square!

Families, okay!
Allomancer
, you're up, welcome to the show!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #207 (isolation #94) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Xalxe »

You sound so confident! Don't be nervous, I know the studio lights are warm and bearing down on you, but you get used to it!

Holidays

Which two months of the year have multiple U.S. federal holidays?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #211 (isolation #95) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I'll permit the time travel this time, but you're on thin ice, detective!

You are also, of course, absolutely correct! And you named the holidays too!

pablito
, you're up again. What's your counter?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #213 (isolation #96) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Xalxe »

To food we go! You're gonna share, right?

Food

What four-letter French term refers to a paste or spread made of finely ground meat, usually served as an hors d'oeuvre?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #215 (isolation #97) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:05 am

Post by Xalxe »

Indeed, the answer is paté! We'll give you credit even without the fancy letters.

Allomancer
, back to you!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #217 (isolation #98) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:07 am

Post by Xalxe »

You can say whatever you want, my dude, as long as it isn't "giving the other players answers or strategy tips."
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #219 (isolation #99) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Xalxe »

airhorns sound

Alright, the Secret Category! Come through!

Secret Category (Wars)

Fought in the 20th century, the Second Indochina War is much better known by what name?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #221 (isolation #100) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Xalxe »

Is it the Opium War?

buzzer sound effect

I'm sorry, we were looking for the Vietnam War! Yeah, that little-known conflict. Let's get a new category!

I got the Juice!
pablito
, where to?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #223 (isolation #101) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Well, as long as you're doing it on purpose.

Design

In typography, what term describes the process of adjusting spaces between characters?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #225 (isolation #102) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Hey, we never said what KIND of design!

Anyway, your yearning is earning some big cash!

Allomancer, back to you, going for the block or wanna play elsewhere?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #227 (isolation #103) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, here we are at Hits! But it might not be the kind you're expecting!

Hits

Name either of the players who have had over 4,000 career hits in Major League Baseball.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #229 (isolation #104) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Show me Babe Ruth!

X

Hang on, that's not even this show! But I'm sorry, we were looking for Pete Rose or Ty Cobb. New category!

Ooh, Architecture!
pablito
, what's next?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #232 (isolation #105) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Surprise, this category is about the technology of arc welding!

Architecture

Angle, clasping, lateral, and flying are all types of what architectural structure that gives support or stability to a wall?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #234 (isolation #106) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Xalxe »

If you get to it before I do, why not?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #237 (isolation #107) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I'm losin' to a
bird
!

But you're getting the question correct!

Allomancer
, this board isn't looking great for you. What's next?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #239 (isolation #108) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I don't know why on earth you think I'd do that to you twice.

Bands

What do Pittsburghers call rubber bands?

What American rock band’s top 20 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 include “Sugar, We’re Goin Down”, “Dance, Dance”, “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark”, and “Centuries”?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #242 (isolation #109) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I Didn't Recognize Any Of Those But Centuries
by Panic! at the Disco will be released in fall of 2020.

Anyway, you're correct!

pablito
, you're back up!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #247 (isolation #110) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Xalxe »

We love a stalemate!

Juice

What line of juices has featured actress Jane Krakowski in advertising, and is named in part because it has less sugar and fewer calories than regular juice?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #250 (isolation #111) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:23 am

Post by Xalxe »

Is it Trop50?

It absolutely is!

Allomancer
, as you know, your only option to win now is forcing a tie and going into a brand new board. So, what'll it be?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #252 (isolation #112) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright! Remember, it's a two-parter.

Families

King Randor and Queen Marlena are the parents of two children in a media franchise that debuted in the 1980s. Name either of those children.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #255 (isolation #113) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Xalxe »

It is! We're not in the business of messing around!

The answers were Prince Adam and Princess Adora, who you may know better as He-Man and She-Ra. New center square? Don't mind if I do!

90s Hits!
pablito
, what strikes your fancy?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #257 (isolation #114) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

could you stop burning my center squares I don't have as many of those

I mean, uh

90s Hits

Name one of the two top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 by Sugar Ray, both of which were released as singles in 1999, following their success with “Fly”.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #259 (isolation #115) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 am

Post by Xalxe »

Every Morning is correct!

90s Hits (Part 2)

Name the other one.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #262 (isolation #116) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:32 am

Post by Xalxe »

Well, the hits start comin' and they don't stop comin'! You're correct!

Allomancer
, two choices left.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #264 (isolation #117) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

Y'all really scared of that Number Please, huh?

Cemeteries

In what Pennsylvania city was the cemetery originally named Soldiers’ National Cemetery dedicated in November 1863?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #266 (isolation #118) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Xalxe »

It is Gettysburg! I got dehydrated there once!

Alright
pablito
, one square left. You'll give a numerical answer, Allomancer will declare if the correct answer is HIGHER or LOWER than your answer. Whoever gets it right gets the square.

If pablito claims the square, he wins the game and goes to the bonus game. If Allomancer gets it, we're tied and we reset with a new board but the same pot.

Number Please (Presidents)

How many days did Warren G. Harding serve as US President?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #271 (isolation #119) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Xalxe »

pablito says Harding served for 2/3 of a year year...

Allomancer says it's even less than that...

Harding actually served for...

881 days! pablito gets the square, and the win!

Allomancer
, thank you so much for playing, you were fantastic and we'd love to have you again.
pablito
, follow me over here to the bonus game, after These Messages!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #272 (isolation #120) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Xalxe »

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #274 (isolation #121) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Xalxe »

Okay
pablito
, welcome back to our bonus game, Beat the Dragon. Eight squares have monetary values, ranging from $50 to $500. Get to $1000 at any point and you'll win our Prize Package. Find the Dragon, he burns your cash. You can also walk away at any time if you want. What square would you like first?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #276 (isolation #122) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Xalxe »

Almost none of that fantasy is correct but you do you! What's behind square 8?

Money, technically, though not very much. Next square? Or are you content with a mere $50?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #279 (isolation #123) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh honey, oh honey, I've never met a dragon that wasn't shady!

Hey, there's $400 for you! Much better. Keep playing or pass?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #281 (isolation #124) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Xalxe »

I do not know what you mean and I shan't pretend otherwise!

Another $200! Play or pass?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #283 (isolation #125) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Xalxe »

Behind square 5, which you appear to have named Jenny, we have...

Another $50! Still $300 away from your goal, play or walk?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #288 (isolation #126) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Xalxe »

Sorry fam, busy day! What's behind #3?

Another $100! Press on or fall back?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #290 (isolation #127) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by Xalxe »

This has gotta do it for you, right?

I...listen. When I drew the numbers for this board, I knew it was a cruel board. But this...this is next level, and I'm so sorry.

Here is what I will tell you: the next square will end the bonus game. Either you'll crack $1000 or hit the Dragon. So...what'll it be?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #292 (isolation #128) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, we've finished the number, let's call up Jenny!

Well...it worked?

Thanks for playing, and we'll be back shortly with your next opponent!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #294 (isolation #129) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Aaaaaaaand we're back! What a lovely commercial break that was. Let's meet our contestants for our next game!

Our current champion, whose two-game winnings total $8500, it's
pablito
!

And our new challenger, a game show aficionado, it's
StrangerCoug
!

Welcome gentlemen, welcome. Let's take a look at your board.

Gourgeous! Two red categories as always.
Secret Category
, same old hat. Doubles the pot, could be about anything.

Dickens
, that's also red, and that's a Trivia Dare. Select it, and you'll be shown a multiple-choice question. You can choose to answer it and try to snag the square, or DARE your opponent to answer it. If they get it right, they get the square, but if they get it wrong, you get it instead!

pablito
, you're the champion, you're up first. What'll it be to start us off?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #296 (isolation #130) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Alright! This question is actually about Music from California--no, I kid, come back! Here's part 1.

Musicals

"My Boyfriend's Back", "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You", and "Rag Doll" are three of the songs in what production that won the Tony Award for Best Musical?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #298 (isolation #131) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Jersey Boys...is correct! Now for the second part.

Musicals (Part 2)

What Academy-Award winning actor is a character in this musical?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #300 (isolation #132) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Joe Pesci is absolutely correct! He was a good friend of the Four Seasons.

StrangerCoug
, you're up, welcome to the show! What's your first choice? Remember, this will determine the tone of your contestantship!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #302 (isolation #133) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:06 am

Post by Xalxe »

Yes, this seems very in character.

Species Names

What species of archaic humans was given a name meaning “upright man”?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #305 (isolation #134) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh, we don't stand on ceremony around here, but I like your attitude! And I don't know about you, but I have certainly met some very furry men
audience laughter

Homo erectus
is correctus!

pablito
, back to you. What's next?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #307 (isolation #135) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

Si, senor!

Film Series

Introduced in 1979, what series of films has subtitles including
The Motion Picture
The Undiscovered Country
, and
Nemesis
?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #309 (isolation #136) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Xalxe »

It's Jean-Luc Picard but I'll let that slide. You are correct!

StrangerCoug
, you're officially on defense now, where to?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #311 (isolation #137) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by Xalxe »

you think I read your posts fully??

I don't recall you saying anything egregiously wrong or I would've mocked you for it probably
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #313 (isolation #138) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:01 am

Post by Xalxe »

I believe in you!

TV Openings

During its first season, what TV series had an opening sequence in which a character named Rita Repulsa declared “After 10,000 years, I’m free! Time to conquer Earth!”?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #315 (isolation #139) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Xalxe »

The power is on your side, you're correct!

pablito
, back to you.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #317 (isolation #140) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:13 am

Post by Xalxe »

Classic!

Nursery Rhymes

In one version of a popular nursery rhyme, what kind of animal is chased around a mulberry bush by a monkey?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #319 (isolation #141) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:37 am

Post by Xalxe »

All around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel!

StrangerCoug
, where to?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #321 (isolation #142) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by Xalxe »

A bold strategy! Let's see if it pays off.

Famous Pets

What specific kind of animal is Bubbles, who was famously the pet and companion of Michael Jackson until 2004?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #323 (isolation #143) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Don't worry, we don't need a breed of dog.

Mostly cause it's not right, sorry! Bubbles was a chimpanzee!

Let's get a new category on the board.

Ooh,
Settlements
! So,
pablito
, which strikes your fancy?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #325 (isolation #144) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Xalxe »

It's not that kind!

Settlements

L'Anse aux Meadows, an archeological site of a former Viking settlement, is located in what is now what country?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #327 (isolation #145) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 am

Post by Xalxe »

pablito guesses France...

But he is incorrect! It is actually located in present-day Canada, the only confirmed Viking settlement outside of Greenland.

Boy, this corner is tough, let's see what's next for it.

Gaming, interesting!
StrangerCoug
, does that appeal to you?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #330 (isolation #146) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Xalxe »

Let's find out what flavor it is!

Gaming

The game World Class Track Meet was released alongside what Nintendo Entertainment System accessory?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #332 (isolation #147) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Xalxe »

Ah yes, the NES Zapper, or the Beam Gun as it was known in Japan.

Unfortunately that's not right, we were looking for the
Power Pad
! Someday we'll vanquish this corner.

Theme Songs
is the new category, and
pablito
's up.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #334 (isolation #148) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, work that corner!

Theme Songs

According to its lyrics, what movies and TV title character “is the man that would risk his neck for his brother” and “the cat that won’t cop out when there’s danger all about”?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #336 (isolation #149) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Xalxe »

Secret-aaaaaaaaagent man! Secret...aaaaaagent man!

No, it's not that, sorry, we were looking for
Shaft
! I will not repeat any of the rest of the song here.

Eventually I'm just gonna throw up Number Please to annoy you further, but for now:

Seals
!
StrangerCoug
, how does that make you feel?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #339 (isolation #150) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Xalxe »

barking noises

Seals

What eight-letter “P” word refers to a carnivorous, semiaquatic marine mammal such as a seal, sea lion, or walrus?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #341 (isolation #151) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Ah, well, that's a shame. It's
pinniped
, by the way, in case anybody ever pins you down for an answer.

pablito
, you're up, and there's a new square for
City Nicknames
!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #343 (isolation #152) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Xalxe »

how dare that man cover robyn when the original was F L A W L E S S

City Nicknames

What major Midwest U.S. city is nicknamed the “City of Fountains”?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #345 (isolation #153) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:09 am

Post by Xalxe »

It will probably not be a shock to you when I tell you that it is not Madison. In fact, the correct answer is Kansas City, Missouri, which has over 200 fountains. Now I know how Gilbert Gottfried felt.

Children's TV has taken up residence in the Doom Corner,
StrangerCoug
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #347 (isolation #154) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Xalxe »

I think my board has started glitching out!

Children's TV

What is the title of the Nickelodeon TV series that aired original episodes from 2005 to 2011, and had a jaguar sidekick, a helpful llama, and two troublesome spider monkeys as recurring characters?
Last edited by Xalxe on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #349 (isolation #155) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:54 am

Post by Xalxe »

Judges?

Yes, indeed you are correct! The corner has finally been claimed!

pablito
, you've got a choice now. What'll it be?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #351 (isolation #156) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

Hooray!

Secret Category (Country Music)

Name either of the country music superstars who performed the 1983 duet, “Island in the Stream.”
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #354 (isolation #157) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Xalxe »

Dolly Parton...is correct! That's Tic Tac Dough!

You had the wrong Kenny, the other was Kenny Rogers, but it hardly matters. StrangerCoug, thanks so much for playing, you were wonderful and we hope to see you again! pablito, if you'll just follow me over here, we'll play the bonus game after These Messages!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #355 (isolation #158) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Xalxe »

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #356 (isolation #159) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright
pablito
, welcome back to the bonus game. I should note, by the way, that your $7000 win in the main game puts you officially at the top of our leaderboard, so congrats on that! That money's safe no matter what happens here.

You know the drill. Eight of these squares have money behind them. One has the love of your love, the Dragon, who will burn your money. Your goal is supposed to be to reach $1000 to win the prize package but I suppose you can aim for whatever you like.

What's your first pick?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #358 (isolation #160) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Xalxe »

Let's start with some big money behind number 8!

That's not big money! Try again!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #360 (isolation #161) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Xalxe »

Yeah, who needs money! Behind 6 we have...

Another $100! Where next?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #362 (isolation #162) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Xalxe »

It is a good thing I am so scrupulously fair or else nobody would ever win the prize!

The money keeps growing! Where next?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #364 (isolation #163) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Xalxe »

I am
shocked

Wow, real big money!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #366 (isolation #164) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Yes, let's hope!

Hope is crushed, as usual. Play on or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #369 (isolation #165) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, what's behind square 1?

Hey, big money makes you a winner! Congratulations, you've won our prize package and a trip to LEGOLAND!

Now, to close our our episode, we've selected a random studio audience member for a special game. Come on down,
Nancy Drew 39
!

Here's the game, it's very simple. pablito left three squares unchosen there. One of those squares has the Dragon. Your goal is to find it. Do that, and you'll win $200 and this limited-edition I Beat The Dragon hat! So, when you're ready, pick a square!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #375 (isolation #166) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Xalxe »

[sound of power going out]

Well, my computer may be disabled, but I can still tell you if you found the Dragon! Nancy, you chose square 4...

and the Dragon...

was actually behind square 9! So sorry, but thanks for playing, and we'll see you soon.

That's it for us on this episode of Tic Tac Dough. Tune in next time for more trivia strategy action! Until then, I'm your host, Xalxe, and don't forget to spay and neuter your friends! Goodnight!

outro music plays
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #379 (isolation #167) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 378, pablito wrote:You should still be in the queue in the same spot. Your dragon game was just a bonus game by random draw to earn extra money while waiting for your game to come up.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #381 (isolation #168) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Xalxe »

From a wet 'n wild Internet Television Studio in northeast Ohio, it's everybody's game of strategy, knowledge & fun. It's
Tic
Tac
Dough
! And now, here's your host, three triple-A batteries that need to be charged,
Xalxe
!

Thank you! Thank you all so much! Hey, what are you doing here? No way! Thank you!

Thanks everyone for tuning in to another episode. Last episode we had quite the showdown to close us out, and we gave away another prize package! Let's meet today's contestants, shall we?

Our returning champion, on a three-game winning streak, it's
pablito
!

And our new challenger, a numbers man from Texas, probably, it's
racefan12
!

Lovely to have you both with us, thanks for using some of your precious minutes to be here. Let's have a look at the board!

Isn't she something? For the record, we do know how to spell Shakespeare, we just don't have enough room on the television for it.

Now, pablito, as our returning champion, you're up first. You'll pick a category and answer a question. Get it right, you add money to the pot and claim the square. First to get three in a row wins! The outside squares are worth $500 each, while the center is a two-parter and worth $1000.

And of course, there's a couple of red categories up there for you. The
Secret Category
is the same as always, it could be a question about anything! Get it right and you double whatever the current pot is.
Opponent's Choice
is a new one and it's fun. When you choose that square, your opponent is shown two categories and chooses which one you'll answer. If you get it right, you get the square, but if you get it wrong, the square just gets reset.

So,
pablito
, you're the first up. What's your choice?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #383 (isolation #169) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 382, pablito wrote:square off
[audience chuckles]

Public Transit

What do the letters “B” and “A” stand for in BART, the public transportation system that connects San Francisco, Oakland, and surrounding areas?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #387 (isolation #170) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Xalxe »

It is indeed the Bay Area Rapid Transit!

racefan12
, you're up, welcome to the show!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #389 (isolation #171) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright, do let's!

Thermodynamics

What two-word term was coined by James Thomson in 1873 to describe the temperature and pressure at which a gas, liquid, and solid can coexist in equilibrium?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #391 (isolation #172) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:22 am

Post by Xalxe »

And you believe correctly!

pablito, back to you, where to?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #393 (isolation #173) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Xalxe »

I mean, that's not really a block yet until he has a second in a row, but sure!

TV Families

On Orange is the New Black, what is the relationship of Daya Diaz to Aleida Diaz?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #395 (isolation #174) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Xalxe »

Judges? Mhmm, yes.

We're gonna need you to be a little more specific as to which of them is which.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #397 (isolation #175) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Xalxe »

That is indeed correct!

racefan12
, back to you.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #399 (isolation #176) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Xalxe »

You and my boyfriend both!
[laugh track]

Cleaning

Formula 409, Pine-Sol, and Tilex are all brands of household cleaning products owned by what company?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #401 (isolation #177) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Xalxe »

Ah yes, Johnson & Johnson, the family company!

Unfortunately the answer was actually the
Clorox Company
. Alas! Let's get a new category up there.

Ooh,
Cartoons
, fun!
pablito
, where to?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #403 (isolation #178) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Xalxe »

They're not all swerves!

Cartoons

Mr. Jinks, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon cat introduced in 1958, was constantly at odds with what two mice with rhyming names?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #405 (isolation #179) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

C'mon man, those don't even rhyme! Their names are actually Pixie and Dixie.

Flags
is our new category for
racefan12
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #407 (isolation #180) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Xalxe »

This one really isn't that hard.

Flags

Which U.S. state has a state flag that is pennant shaped?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #409 (isolation #181) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Xalxe »

Man, what is it with these corners? I'm sorry, the correct answer is the great state of
Ohio

Taglines
is the new category, pablito, though you're free to venture anywhere you like.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #411 (isolation #182) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 am

Post by Xalxe »

Listen, I love to watch you guys suffer, but...

Taglines

What 2011 film starring Simon Pegg used the tagline, “Who’s up for a close encounter?”
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #413 (isolation #183) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Xalxe »

Paul...is correct! It was...not a good film.

racefan12
, you're back up.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #419 (isolation #184) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Ah yes, the bard!

Shakespeare

How many different King Henrys are title characters in history plays by Shakespeare?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #421 (isolation #185) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I don't think that's how plurals work? Though I did consider "King Henries."

And again, a guess that is so close! There were actually four: Henry IV, V, VI and VIII. I guess the seventh wasn't that interesting!

The new category is
Body Parts
for
pablito
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #424 (isolation #186) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

Body Parts

What is the common mythological name for the calcaneal tendon in humans?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #426 (isolation #187) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Xalxe »

It is indeed the Achilles tendon (or heel), and that's
Tic Tac Dough
!

racefan12
, you've been great, thanks for playing and feel free to rejoin the studio audience.
pablito
, you're off to the bonus game again, after These Messages!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #427 (isolation #188) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 am

Post by Xalxe »

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #428 (isolation #189) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Xalxe »

Alright pablito, welcome back to the bonus game! You know how it works by now: 8 squares have money, one has the Dragon, hit $1000 without finding the Dragon and you win. You can walk away at any time with the money you've earned. Announcerman, what's today's prize package?

In the spirit of love, we've got a couples package for two!
First, a gift certificate for a date night cooking class at Sur la Table! Enjoy private instruction as you and a friend learn how to cook delicious food at home anytime.
Then, we're sending you on a trip for two to Maui! You'll enjoy a four-day, three-night stay at Honua Kai Resort & Spa in an oceanfront villa. Airfare and auto rental included, for a total value of
$2,662
!

Wow, sounds wonderful! So,
pablito
, what's your first pick?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #430 (isolation #190) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:39 am

Post by Xalxe »

Unfortunately, only the dragon is programmed to respond to you, so you'll have to decrypt what the rest are trying to say.

Behind square 8 we have...

$100! Play again or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #432 (isolation #191) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Xalxe »

Based on a true story?

Another $50! Go on or walk away?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #434 (isolation #192) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Let's see what square 7 has to say!

[roaring, flame sound effects]

Oh no, the Dragon! There goes that trip to Maui. Ah well, maybe next time!

After this quick break, we'll welcome our next challenger, stay tuned!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #437 (isolation #193) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Xalxe »

And we're back, folks! Welcome, welcome, lovely to see you all again, let's get right into it!

Our returning champion, with a four-game winning streak and over 20 grand in the bank, it's
pablito
!

And our new challenger, a fearless individual, it's
BuJaber
!

Let's have a look at the board!

Lovely as always, my dear. Two red squares up there:
Secret Category
, same as always, doubles the pot and could be about nearly anything.
TV Characters
is red because it's Play or Pass. When you choose that, you'll be given a question, which you may either answer or Pass on. If you Pass, you'll be given another question in the same category which you must answer.

pablito
, you're our champion, you're up first. What tickles your fancy?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #439 (isolation #194) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Okay! Remember that this is a two-parter.

World Capitals

Name one of the three world capital cities that have names that include the letter “K” twice.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #441 (isolation #195) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by Xalxe »

That is correct, the capital of Thailand!

World Capitals (Part 2)

Name the capital of any country that shares a land border with Thailand.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #443 (isolation #196) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:24 am

Post by Xalxe »

That is correct! Kuala Lumpur is Malaysia's capital, which does share a land border with Thailand.

BuJaber
, you're up, welcome to the show! What category looks good to you?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #445 (isolation #197) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:00 am

Post by Xalxe »

Oh yes, let's turn up the heat, shall we?

Temperature

Measurements on the Kelvin scale are obtained by subtracting 273.15 degrees from other scale?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #448 (isolation #198) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 am

Post by Xalxe »

What? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. What a crazy idea!

Anyway you are, of course, correct!

pablito
, back to you.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #450 (isolation #199) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:45 am

Post by Xalxe »

You got it!

TV Characters

Townsend Coleman, Patrick Warburton, and Peter Serafinowicz have all voiced or portrayed what title character on TV?

You can answer it or pass for another question in the same category.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”