Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
talah
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19575  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:51 am

In post 19556, Ginngie wrote:I think if we work on it, we can come together and find a message that tells me to go fuck myself but also boosts your self-worth as well.

inte
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19576  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am

i think it's a huge privilege that white ppl can insert them into conversations that are ranting about the abuses of the majority and not have a sense of association with that majority but take the criticism personally
Show

talah
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19577  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:20 am

I think you have a valid point, but I rant about the abuses of the majority because I don't feel an association with them.
(Even while being notionally associated with a privileged group - my family was and is poor but I'm white and haven't been subject to any discrimination.)

I feel myself marginalised because I don't agree with most social norms at all and quite assertively stand up for others outside of my own would-be selfish sphere.

YellowSnow
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #19578  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:04 pm

I am white and I understand the history of race relations in the united states and why miorities feel abused by the system. My only issue is that it looks like a conflict with no endgame and that perhaps minorities do not really want a peaceful coexistance at all and/or are not willing to compromise on a solution. An example of this is the NFL, where no matter what the NFL does the black community continues to make an example out of them even though the NFL did not cause the race problems. Sure, they are not helping by not hiring Kaepernick, but he is just one player and the NFL is a business. I understand that it is an inequitable system but I don't feel like there is a desire to meet anyone halfway or recognize progress that has been made in the last 50 years.

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19579  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:15 pm

this is what it always boils down to

They should be appreciative of the scraps we drop from the table because we could be beating them instead.

And if they don't like the scraps, it's up to them to find a solution that doesn't put us out because slavery and racism were their faults in the first place.

/s
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19580  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Where are all the compromise solutions being proposed by white people?

Why is the onus on the repressed to solve the problem and smile while doing it?
Last edited by u r a person 2 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19581  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Like holy shit

I can't imagine the anger of a teenage black man in this country. I'd probably be burning down banks
103-11 0-2

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19582  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:24 pm

No one is saying minorities should be appreciative or enjoy being beat down.

I'm saying if 1 Trillion dollars were made in reperation payments it would not solve the problem.

If a black organazation, like the NAACP or NFLPA, would say exactly what they are looking for it would be one thing, but they aren't.

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19583  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:25 pm

dignity, respect, and a fair shot at the american dream

that's the goal

it's been the goal for as long as there has been a goal
103-11 0-2

Creature
Of Habit

Post Post #19584  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Glad we share the same goal.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19585  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Why is it on them to come up with a solution? They are not in power. They are not the benefactors of generations of injustice. Why is the white power structure unaccountable?

And how do you know what would or would not change anything? By saying "there can be no solution" you're relieving yourself of the responsibility of working towards a solution.
103-11 0-2

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19586  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:27 pm

I'm saying 1 Trillion in reperation payments would not solve thie problem in all likelyhood.

Creature
Of Habit

Post Post #19587  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Anyone said about 1 trillion?

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19588  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:32 pm

If you had a 500 billion amount you'd have people complaining about the amount being low. I think 1 trillion is amount where neither side could complain about a low amount, but it's not going to solve the underlying issue.

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19589  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 pm

The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.

Vision Statement
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.

Objectives
The following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution – the principal objectives of the Association shall be:

To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP’s Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.

https://www.naacp.org/about-us/ this wasn't hard to find
103-11 0-2

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19590  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Apparently President Obama opposed reparation payments while NAACP supports it so there's not even agreement in the black community as to if it's a good thing.

schadd_
Smooth Operator
Smooth Operator

Post Post #19591  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:48 pm

In post 19591, YellowSnow wrote:Apparently President Obama opposed reparation payments while NAACP supports it so there's not even agreement in the black community as to if it's a good thing.

oh man wait till you hear about the white community
newbie 1950, day 2 mini normal 2088. day 5. check out my micro in signups perhaps ? mystery box of silver six.
todays featured user: Papa Zito

what love got to do with it when you don't love yourself?

Ginngie
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19592  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:50 pm

In post 19579, YellowSnow wrote:perhaps minorities do not really want a peaceful coexistance at all and/or are not willing to compromise on a solution.

this racist bro
Eddie Cane

Creature
Of Habit

Post Post #19593  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:02 pm

In post 19589, YellowSnow wrote:If you had a 500 billion amount you'd have people complaining about the amount being low.

500 billions invested only in the reparative system is still too much.

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #19594  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:03 pm

In post 19587, YellowSnow wrote:I'm saying 1 Trillion in reperation payments would not solve thie problem in all likelyhood.

yah this is true people and systems would also have to stop being racist
"Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

SleepyKrew
Snark Attack

Post Post #19595  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:05 pm

In post 19579, YellowSnow wrote:perhaps minorities do not really want a peaceful coexistance at all and/or are not willing to compromise on a solution

ex cu se me
To be clear: this is not allowed

Creature
Of Habit

Post Post #19596  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:06 pm

I wonder if he did mean they don't want the reparative programs.

YellowSnow
Goon

Post Post #19597  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm

In post 19595, Psyche wrote:
In post 19587, YellowSnow wrote:I'm saying 1 Trillion in reperation payments would not solve thie problem in all likelyhood.

yah this is true people and systems would also have to stop being racist

I'm not saying social justice is not a worthy goal I just don't think realistically it's something that can be solved overnight and pointing fingers at businesses like the NFL doesn't really help anything.

AniX
UCalled

Post Post #19598  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Who is pointing fingers at the NFL specifically for problems larger than than the NFL? The kneeling during the national anthem is about police brutality, not the NFL. The backlash the NFL receives specifically is how they react to the protests.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK! PLAYS BY SENSE OF SMELL! ONE TRUE ADMIN OF MAFIASCUM! LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR! RADICAL SEX-NEGATIVE ASEXUAL! KING SCAR APOLOGIST! FOE OF SKIRTS AND DRESSES! DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM!

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #19599  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:44 pm

maybe
just maybe
this is about something that cant be monetized

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion