Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17457  (isolation #0)  » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:37 am

hey its too expensive to pay the fem million for transgender troops medical costs, kick them out.

hey lets spend billions on something congress wouldnt give me money for to snub my nose at them.

he's a 2 year old
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17554  (isolation #1)  » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:39 am

In post 17517, IceGuy wrote:
In post 17513, GreyICE wrote:All taxes have drawbacks. The biggest issue with corporate tax, like Hebi said, is that corporations all dodge it. You can't dodge a VAT, and it's one of the lowest impact taxes.


Your average consumer who is employed can't dodge income tax, either, without emigrating.

In the end, what you're proposing is that one should tax those that can't put up a fight and leave the rest alone. The problem is that this leads to a regressive tax: the more money you have, the less you have to pay. Which is the opposite of how a good tax system should work.

lol. in my 5 years that I spent employed the entire year, I only paid taxes 3 of them. 2 of the years I got every dime I paid in taxes back. #easytodogeincometaxifyouspendallofyourmoneyfrivolouslyinexemptableways
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17576  (isolation #2)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 am

In post 17575, BROseidon wrote:The bikeshare bubble seems like a pretty good place to throw money rn.

They just put these up in my city with 0 cost to taxpayers with funding from businesses in the city. Its great
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17643  (isolation #3)  » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:37 am

What other basics does he have in using it. Like in what scenario does clueless trump have need of term sleepy eyes if not for the reason yo use as that slur. I've never heard someone use that phrase, slur or otherwise, so I totally get people not understanding it's a slur like I didn't know, but I never would have had reason to call someone sleepy eyes either.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17694  (isolation #4)  » Mon May 07, 2018 6:14 pm

In post 17672, TwoInAMillion wrote:https://www.newsmax.com/Headline/hillary-qualified-presidency-trump/2016/09/28/id/750617/

Hardly an overwhelming majority.

"Belief in trump's qualifications increase with age"

Oh good so the stupidity will die out before I will
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17697  (isolation #5)  » Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 pm

In post 17683, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 17679, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 17664, TwoInAMillion wrote:Also I think a lot of people think that ......... Not my opinion, just a lot of peoples.

Is this a new logical fallacy that Trump invented or did it already exist?

It's like "Argumentum ad populum" except it's not even popular. Like "truth by consensus" except there's no consensus. Or "Wisdom of the crowd" without the crowd. Or even wisdom.

TwoInAMillion wrote:There is a significant portion of people who think that Trump was more qualified than Clinton.

More people voted for Clinton.


My argument is that it's wrong to make a statement like "Clinton was more qualified" without looking at all sides of what voters are looking for in a candidate.

Empty promises. That's what we all want for in a candidate. And we all act so surprise when we get exactly what we want
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17794  (isolation #6)  » Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm

In post 17794, Psyche wrote:cant see how any other selection process results in a leader with political legitimacy

^^^

when i fully expound on my views of my country and my level of "patriotism" a lot of people are surprised by how much I dislike my country. But, I dislike my country less than I dislike any other country. Sure we do a lto of things ass backward, but I don't see anyone else doing it less-ass-backward, and i cant come up with an idea myself that is less ass backward. So therefore, I consider myself to live in the best place to live. Because all the options are shitty, and I'm in one of the least-shitty.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17838  (isolation #7)  » Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 pm

In post 17828, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 17795, Maruchan wrote:when i fully expound on my views of my country and my level of "patriotism" a lot of people are surprised by how much I dislike my country. But, I dislike my country less than I dislike any other country. Sure we do a lto of things ass backward, but I don't see anyone else doing it less-ass-backward, and i cant come up with an idea myself that is less ass backward. So therefore, I consider myself to live in the best place to live. Because all the options are shitty, and I'm in one of the least-shitty.

America doesn't even have universal healthcare how could you think it's #1 least shitty

because we have differing political views. I would like this yes, but it isn't #1 most important thing in my life. I am also biased by the fact I have free total healthcare, without ever paying for treatment so. If I were a member of society who had to pay for healthcare, I may be more or less vocal on the issue.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17840  (isolation #8)  » Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 pm

I think Universal healthcare is good, but there are enough other freedoms/rights/etc in USA That I think are as important or more important that make me think I'm living in the least shitty country.

(present leadership excluded ofc)
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17845  (isolation #9)  » Wed May 30, 2018 6:21 am

We have a decently stable economy with not-super-shitty job opportunities (not great but not the worst). This is better than half the "developed" nations I visited in a single 8 month deployment.

We have social rights, throughout most of the country it is possible for LGBT individuals to exist without explicitly breaking a law by existing, again better than half the countries I visited. Especially if you consider being trans isnt a crime and gay marriage is allowed.

(While I disagree with it) we have state funded retirement programs to help offset the minimum expenses of retirement (I am by far not saying g it is a livable amount of money dont get me confused)

We have the first amendment. I can legally share my displeasure with trump and his administration here and voice that I dont agree with his ideals. Anc I have signed s contract limiting my first amendment rights and can still do so to a lesser extent than you guys.

Yes most of the world leaders have similar policies but not all first world countries do. UK, Australia, France, Spain, Canada, etc the list goes on. There all pretty great places to live with slightly differing minutia on what they consider important but they all do a pretty overall decent job of it.

Sure some things I find important out country does not do well. Healthcare, while I disagree with fully state ran programs like in most of the commonwealth (waits for some specialists it Canada can be 2 to 3 years), I also disagree allowing a 100% free market setup like US before Obamacare is the right way. Affordable health care for everyone regardless of occupation or income would be nice yes. I also think how we handle government spending is a joke. (For me to walk into home depot to buy a single bolt is 1.50. For the government to buy that same bolt literally to a T is about 50 to 80 dollars because of the process they are required to take by law to get said bolt). I disagree with how much influence religion and christianity variants in specific have over our government. I dislike how apparently making sure I have the right to own 10 guns to defend myself when the government goes crazy and sends people after me to confiscate my guns (because me and my ten guns can outfight a multiple million person military/paramilitary strength *rollseeyes*) is more important than things like making sure people have the right to make their own decisions in life that dont affect their neighbors but the neighbors still get a say (gay rights, trans discrimination, abortion, etc.)

But while the 2nd through 10th best places to live in my opinion are within a fraction of a fraction of a percentage variance in quality of life compared to here they are all better than the bottom 2 thirds. So I'm happy with my shitty country.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17851  (isolation #10)  » Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 pm

In post 17848, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 17846, Maruchan wrote:while I disagree with fully state ran programs

um, you stated that you went into the military to receive fully state run healthcare
...

also fully state run healthcare is rare to non-existent in most of the world

Individual state run and fully state run are not the same. Also healthcare is nowhere near my list of reasons for joining but it is a perk I am glad I have. I joined because I didn't want staggering college debt, wanted a free ride to college. Wanted a pension not dependent on stock market. Didn't want to compete for my job at the entry level with no experience. Have no idea what I want to do with my life yet.

And yes most of the perks of living in the top ten percent of countries are rare to non existent in most of the world. We have a shitty planet with a lot of shitty situations all over on it
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17854  (isolation #11)  » Wed May 30, 2018 1:18 pm

But those same countries also might not let me be trans and transition medically, might not let me marry a girl one day post-finishing medical transition, and might require things like half my money in taxes
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17856  (isolation #12)  » Wed May 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Links to their immigration website where I can move there with no discernable skills or any redeeming qualities other than "I want to" and I'll apply kthanks
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17858  (isolation #13)  » Wed May 30, 2018 9:55 pm

In post 17858, N wrote:
In post 17795, Maruchan wrote:I dislike my country less than I dislike any other country. Sure we do a lto of things ass backward, but I don't see anyone else doing it less-ass-backward, and i cant come up with an idea myself that is less ass backward. So therefore, I consider myself to live in the best place to live. Because all the options are shitty, and I'm in one of the least-shitty.

In post 17857, Maruchan wrote:Links to their immigration website where I can move there with no discernable skills or any redeeming qualities other than "I want to" and I'll apply kthanks

that changed quickly

becasue those links likely wont materialize, meaning this country also lets me live there, meanings its the least shitty of the shitty options (Y) Becasue I'm allowed to exist in it.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17893  (isolation #14)  » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:41 pm

Baby Trump!
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17914  (isolation #15)  » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:36 pm

Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17927  (isolation #16)  » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:17 pm

gosh darn them canadians! how dare they burn the white house down hundreds of years ago before canada exists! We must immediately begin provoking them with economic sanctions!
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17933  (isolation #17)  » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:06 pm

god their hands are just hanging their all willy nilly like. not in a closed fist tucked into their sides with the thumb pointed down.

so unprofessional.

#militarybearing
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17949  (isolation #18)  » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:20 am

page unavailable
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #17970  (isolation #19)  » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 am

In post 17970, T-Bone wrote:Science actually.

Please tell me you live in a super small tiny town where he has influence over an extremely small number of people and that's why they hired a dimwitted science teacher?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18038  (isolation #20)  » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:00 am

In post 18021, Ginngie wrote:A gay rights repeal would literally be political suicide tho

the justices aren't politicians though, so like immune to political fallouts?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18042  (isolation #21)  » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:30 pm

In post 18041, AniX wrote:I think it would be extremely hard to put the genie back in the bottle on gay marriage in a way I don't think it would be for abortion. Abortion isn't ongoing. It happens or it doesn't happen. Whereas a ruling to retract gay marriage creates a legal mess where there is a class of gay people with a special class of rights relative to other gay people if they managed to be in a position to get married in the time it was legal. Other than Prop 8, has there ever been a time when a right was given, taken away, and the people who benefited from it in the meanwhile were grandfathered in due to the difficulty in taking it back from them? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

It was a mess when California did it. It would be a true and outright clusterfuck if it was tried in multiple states at the same time.

That's how trumps new rule on military trans service is played out if it passes the courts
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18045  (isolation #22)  » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:19 pm

I'd say it works for conservatives too.

"Reckless endangerment: A person commits the crime of reckless endangerment if the person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person."
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18047  (isolation #23)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:18 am

Oh I thought you were ironically saying he only gets charged when it's against liberals not ironically stating he gets off easy when it's against liberals
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18055  (isolation #24)  » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:29 pm

In post 0, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I like him, and voted for him in the Texas primary

That explains so much in consideration of this then
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18088  (isolation #25)  » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:49 am

In post 18081, Prof Fridays wrote:
T-Bone wrote:Okay, but he was extrapolating "it's good for me, so it is probably good for everyone else". That's really not that malicious.

^QFT, though I might say, "It's good for me, so it seems plausible that it would be good for most other people."

Not good for me. He has deliberately tried to fire me from my job, said I'm not deserving of fighting for my country, rolled back support of legal protections nationwide and supported doing so at the state level for those who are similar to me, continuously eroded governmental support of the LGBT community at every level.

I've had a p bad trump experience personally
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18098  (isolation #26)  » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:09 pm

does that really say "No WAY did I have someone steal evidence against me. Almost as unlikely that there EVER was evidence against me. But I promise I didn't do anything to warrant evidence!"?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18140  (isolation #27)  » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:58 am

In post 18139, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 18135, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 18133, Frozen Angel wrote:Why did you guys choose Trump as president for real? the guy is posting in all caps threatening another country with a nuclear attack! Were you Americans all drunk when you chose this man as president?

Before you paint "you Americans" with a broad brush please keep in mind that the majority of people voted for the other candidate.


Yeah well

fix your voting system ffs

"but if I am as equal as he is, then those 100000000 other people who think I am wrong are always going to win! That's not fair! I deserve to win just as often as they do!" hence our voting system. (Y)
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18141  (isolation #28)  » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:00 am

like the literal entire reason for our voting system so far as I understand it is to give the people as a whole in the rural counties and communities as much of a voice as the people as a whole in the cities. But really it makes the single voice of a person in the rural communities and counties more valuable than the single voice of the person in the cities, which is stupid.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18184  (isolation #29)  » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:47 am

In post 18181, Porkens wrote:we are in big trouble - he is talking about starting wars

The capsragetweet or something new?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18210  (isolation #30)  » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:09 pm

He said that? -.-
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18245  (isolation #31)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 pm

So my mom still supports trump. And she wonders why I thought she wouldn't take me being trans well.

Image
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18247  (isolation #32)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 pm

when the POTUS did it


eyyyyyyoooooo
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18253  (isolation #33)  » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:14 am

Oh my gosh I got 2.6 whole percent? Enough to ALMOST combat inflation? I nearly have the same buying power next year as I had this year? Thank you president trump! Thanks so much!

Fuck outta here with "biggest raise in years". Itd not a fucking raise it's an inflation adjustment that doesn't keep pace with inflation
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18283  (isolation #34)  » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 pm

"Individual-1, who then became president of the united states"

there has been only one president of the united states in the time frame after january 2017. that anonymity aint helpin shit
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18289  (isolation #35)  » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:50 pm

i liek RB's plan. if we can put the entirety of trump's cabinet and his running mate right next to him too, that'd be great.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18316  (isolation #36)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:31 am

In post 18314, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 18292, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 18288, rb wrote:i mean i think hilary belongs in jail with trump

Wait, why? She's one of the most thoroughly vetting politicians this country has had and they couldn't pin a single crime on her. Stop the Republican lie that she's "crooked" or "corrupt".

killed Vince Foster for one


These kinds of comments just demonstrate how effectively the 30 year smear machine has been

I mean I'd be in jail for discussing classified info on an unsecure personal email server. So regardless of anything else, this breaks the law and would put me behind bars with a dishonorable discharge.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18320  (isolation #37)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Dont have an official source just wiki but in first paragraph "Those official communications included over 100 emails which contained classified information (but did not have classification markings) at the time they were sent, as well as 2,093 emails which were not marked classified but would retroactively be ranked as "confidential" by the State Department."

Sending of information that is classified without classifications markings would get me sent to jail.
Sending of classified information on a non secure email server would get me sent to jail.
Doing both would get me sent to jail.
Defending my case with the argument "they weren't labeled classified therefore no broken laws" would get me laughed at and maybe extra charges before being sent to jail.

Idgaf about anything else she did it didnt do or any justifications from either side.

Hillary clinton should be in jail.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18328  (isolation #38)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:59 pm

In post 18322, kuribo wrote:Whether Hillary should be in jail is a completely different subject than the fact that we have a criminal president.

Whether Hillary commited a crime, or gets arrested or punished, does not affect the fact that Donald Trump has committed crimes.

Never said it did. Someone claimed she was not guilty of crimes and I was just explaining how she was.

Like I said, I support the both of them in jail concept
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18329  (isolation #39)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:00 pm

In post 18323, AniX wrote:Sure, in the same way the behavior of most politicians would get an ordinary person sent to jail. Political behavior has to be considered within its context or you end up with people like Trump who don't have a political corruption paper trail simply because they have never been in politics before and their crime paper trail is a little more private.

Depending on the context a crime isnt a crime?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18330  (isolation #40)  » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:03 pm

In post 18328, Kublai Khan wrote:I understand that wikipedia has standards on what they allow to be on their pages, but it's still not a source that I allow 8th graders to use to explain photosynthesis. Hillary has been investigated by the FBI and no charges were filed. So either it's a massive conspiracy or she's not actually guilty and shouldn't be in jail. Given that she's been the subject of 30 years of misinformation, lies, smears, and attacks I'm disinclined to believe the "massive silent conspiracy" angle.

Eyyo the FBI said the emails contained classified info apparently. Sooo, she should be in jail.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... l-defense/

Her defense? "I didn't want to carry two phones, one for official and one for personnel!" Yeah you and every government employee at my place of work. But they followed the law and did it anyways.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31806907
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18339  (isolation #41)  » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:56 am

In post 18334, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 18331, Maruchan wrote:
In post 18328, Kublai Khan wrote:I understand that wikipedia has standards on what they allow to be on their pages, but it's still not a source that I allow 8th graders to use to explain photosynthesis. Hillary has been investigated by the FBI and no charges were filed. So either it's a massive conspiracy or she's not actually guilty and shouldn't be in jail. Given that she's been the subject of 30 years of misinformation, lies, smears, and attacks I'm disinclined to believe the "massive silent conspiracy" angle.

Eyyo the FBI said the emails contained classified info apparently. Sooo, she should be in jail.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... l-defense/

Her defense? "I didn't want to carry two phones, one for official and one for personnel!" Yeah you and every government employee at my place of work. But they followed the law and did it anyways.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31806907

And the FBI said that no prosecutor would bother filing a case on it. I think it's fair to say there's circumstances that we don't know about and it may not be as cut and dry as you think.

Because some people are above the law. It's really that cut and dry. Classified information needs to be sent on a classified network. Being military that is made abundantly clear to us. She doesn't like 2 cell phones? Try two computers sitting side by side on which is ID coded long in and one which is id card login with a second secure pin card login for secure network communications. With two web addresses for every website you need to use for official purposes, one .mil one .smil.mil and two email addresses one @navy.mil and one @navy.smil.mil. we deal with it daily so can she.

Just because no prosecutor would care enough to pursue it doesn't mean it isnt breaking a law. They said her emails contained classified info. In my line of work that's a ticket to the brig.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18367  (isolation #42)  » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:54 pm

In post 18341, Psyche wrote:meh, i think you need a bit more humility in your analysis
you're no lawyer or legal expert. i'd bet money you haven't read any of the documents relating to the investigation, let alone enough to understand the bureau's decision. i haven't seen any evidence to make me think comey or his subordinates lack the integrity you say he does.

I never said he lacks integrity. He can have all the integrity in the world. The problem is the perception of the rich and famous that kublai Kahn has, that most people share. Since our legal system requires you to convince a jury of numerous individuals that beyond a doubt without a minute shred of possibility otherwise, the defendant committed a crime. That means that if one person feels there's a doubt she gets off. That's why it wouldnt go to court. Not because there wasnt a crime but because getting a conviction is unlikely. FBI specifically said the emails contained classified info. Therefore it's a crime.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18431  (isolation #43)  » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:33 pm

I didn't see haylen's letter when all this happened. I'm glad I got to see it now thank you kuribo. I hope she got help with healing from this shit.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18446  (isolation #44)  » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:43 am

Holy fuck
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18455  (isolation #45)  » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:08 pm

In post 18455, Porkens wrote:The us president is threatening americans with violence if they vote against him.

Us citizens are being stripped of their passports and their birth certificates are being invalidated.

I am not making this shit up!!

It's all going very wrong and if americans acquiesce and the gop/gru stays in power, there will be violence.

Ice is the SS.

Links? I use you guys for my political news
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18468  (isolation #46)  » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 am


A fake Twitter handle that helps the president's stupid claim of fake news on everything he dislikes?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18491  (isolation #47)  » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 pm

In post 18479, Porkens wrote:
In post 18475, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 18474, Porkens wrote:Why does that make it fake tho

It lacks the official blue checkmark.

So that means someone who is not Donald Trump (or on his staff) is writing those tweets. It's meant to trick people who don't pay close attention to the name.


How do you know it's not Donald Trump? I mean my real name isn't Porkens.

because yeah the president is so worried about the public opinion of his REAL twitter handle, he made a SECOND twitter handle with a misspelling just to troll people so he could say "it isn't me!" when it really is.

because he cares about his image THAT MUCH

Trump.



lmfao

this is why the left gets made fun of by the media, they reach something godawful.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18493  (isolation #48)  » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:49 pm

I understand it.

but would trump?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18500  (isolation #49)  » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Literally random woman comes up talks to him and he leaves then she turns around and smiles while clapping.

What the actual fuck.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18502  (isolation #50)  » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Yes I got her role shaft.ed. I'm saying random as in "wtf how the fuck did that just work irl?"
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18517  (isolation #51)  » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:13 pm

are there pictures/videos?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18520  (isolation #52)  » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 pm

In post 18519, shaft.ed wrote:yes

that was me asking to see them.


Can someone please link said pictures/videos?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18570  (isolation #53)  » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 pm

In post 18569, Majiffy wrote: corruption,

Got into q heated debate with a lesbaian 17 year old POC coworker of my roommate because she said in 100% seriousness that she supports trump because hes the only politician who can't be bought and that's apparently the most qualifying factor for a politician.



In all honesty it's because her dad is a highly ranked navy senior enlisted and her brother is military and her mom is very bible-thumper anti-LGBT far right so shes been indoctrinated into her parent's politics.


I got told I was small minded for saying "anyone who is a LGBT female and supports trump is a dumbass", because those arent disqualifying factors from supporting him.


It made me lose all hope for murica
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18572  (isolation #54)  » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 am

"hahaha, you believe that shit? Nah that's just a bunch of dumbasses trying to sling mud at him. He *literally* CAN'T be bought."
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18575  (isolation #55)  » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Tried explaining that he literally wants to pull her rights away and she just shut down and started ignoring me.

Idk how the fuck to get through to her like blew my mind
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18586  (isolation #56)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Big surprise, some of the linked sources have started being pulled down.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18657  (isolation #57)  » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:41 pm

in a perfect world gingie, you'd be right. We could all go wherever we please. However, in that perfect world, there would be no need to leave our home country, as our home country would have the same perfect laws as the country we are going to, so why would I ever leave?

It's an imperfect world though, and different countries do exist with a hell of a difference in their laws and rulers and policies. To keep the world from all just immigrating to the best country and destroying it because of overpopulation and lack of resources to handle it and failed infrastructure, we need to have borders, and laws about how to cross them. (no i am not saying the US is the "best country" in this example. I plan to immigrate out of the US one day)

So borders (while made up by humans and "imaginary") are kind of important to good order in the world.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18760  (isolation #58)  » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 pm

ITT(and every other thread): Creature expounds on subjects he knows nothing about as if he knew everything about it
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18762  (isolation #59)  » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 pm

In post 18762, Creature wrote:
In post 18761, Maruchan wrote:ITT(and every other thread): Creature expounds on subjects he knows nothing about as if he knew everything about it

I know some.

In post 18757, Creature wrote:Remembers me about Communism's pretty much motto: "what if we end killing millions of innocent? It's for the greater good"

This begs to differ
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18766  (isolation #60)  » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:56 pm

In post 18766, Creature wrote:No, an actual thread about discussing new ideologies if you have one good alternative for capitalism.

pure communism sounds pretty great, too bad humans have never (and likely will never) implement true communism because we are shitty.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18768  (isolation #61)  » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 pm

do me a favor, google "communism", maybe read a wiki page on it, then come back and rephrase your question. The true theory of communism, if implemented in it's pure form, and not in the flawed way humans have "implemented" it in the past, would be an amazing thing. I won't explain to you what that theory is, or why I think it would be amazing, until you can come back and tell me what I mean by true communism.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18807  (isolation #62)  » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:02 am

In post 18782, Creature wrote:Brazil (and Latin America in general) has great examples of public companies failing hard while private companies striving.

I don't think you properly understand the meaning of the differentiation of the private sector and the public sector. the public sector is typically seen as government entities, whereas the private sector is businesses (even if the business is publicly traded)
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18808  (isolation #63)  » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 am

In post 18787, Creature wrote:...things we consider absurd nowadays (...s and even satanism)...

Do you even know what the fuck satanism is to be makign this statement?

oh my fucking god


he thinks satanism is about worshiping satan


satanism is not something anybody who understands would truly consider absurd. 203-9wquyah0s[r8hjyaerjsrtdkj


EDIT: Did you know the Satanic Bible has had more reviews on Amazon than any rendition of The Bible? It also shares the same high rating, 4.4/5 stars.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18815  (isolation #64)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:20 pm

In post 18571, Maruchan wrote:
In post 18569, Majiffy wrote: corruption,

Got into q heated debate with a lesbaian 17 year old POC coworker of my roommate because she said in 100% seriousness that she supports trump because hes the only politician who can't be bought and that's apparently the most qualifying factor for a politician.



In all honesty it's because her dad is a highly ranked navy senior enlisted and her brother is military and her mom is very bible-thumper anti-LGBT far right so shes been indoctrinated into her parent's politics.


I got told I was small minded for saying "anyone who is a LGBT female and supports trump is a dumbass", because those arent disqualifying factors from supporting him.


It made me lose all hope for murica

In post 18573, Maruchan wrote:"hahaha, you believe that shit? Nah that's just a bunch of dumbasses trying to sling mud at him. He *literally* CAN'T be bought."

In post 18576, Maruchan wrote:Tried explaining that he literally wants to pull her rights away and she just shut down and started ignoring me.

Idk how the fuck to get through to her like blew my mind

"Hey I have a question for you. Now that Trump's lawyer has plead guilty to campaign finance fraud dealing with russians, and others have plead guilty to ACTUALLY HAVING MEETINGS WITH RUSSIANS, what's your stance on the 'Trump can't be bought' front?"

"Like, I meant by political groups and lobbyists. He's too rich to be bought by special interests groups."

"So what about Russia?"

"I mean, I guess they're rich enough to buy him yeah. But as long as he can't be bought by special interests groups he's still my favorite president."
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18817  (isolation #65)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:06 pm

I've stopped trying to reason with her. I mentioned the "republicans think it's more important to "stick it to the libs" than be honest" article and she responded "hell yeah. Sticking it to a lib is the highlight of my day".
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18839  (isolation #66)  » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 pm

???
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18850  (isolation #67)  » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:29 pm

It's never funny watching millions of people suffer in my opinion. But hey you do you
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18869  (isolation #68)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 pm

In post 18868, T S O wrote:the dumber ones (Anix, who believes not only that gender isn't binary but also that sex isn't binary,

this sounds like you have an issue with trans folks there
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18880  (isolation #69)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 pm

In post 18879, Creature wrote:
In post 18870, Maruchan wrote:
In post 18868, T S O wrote:the dumber ones (Anix, who believes not only that gender isn't binary but also that sex isn't binary,

this sounds like you have an issue with trans folks there

Not really. They choose being male or female.

not choose no

And I read his post history and see his opinion on the fact. Not as horrible as I was expecting from the wording of the post I quoted, but still slightly cringeworthy. At least willing to refer to people by the pronouns and names they ask to be referred to as (as long as they are within the binary he accepts). Better than most right-wing americans.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18882  (isolation #70)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 pm

that is a much better word choice yes. :P And I'm glad you are aware, many do believe that they choose to be the way they are. Even TSO recognizes the idea that "why would anyone choose that, it's like saying someone who is depressed chooses to be depressed", which is a nice change of pace.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18925  (isolation #71)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:48 am

In post 18912, Creature wrote:
In post 18910, rb wrote:TSO is unabashedly transphobic

I don't think considering sex and gender both binaries is transphobic. Did I miss something else?

Iso TSO and search page 2 for "gender".

You'll get to read his views quite verbosely
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18926  (isolation #72)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:53 am

Spoiler: "TSO Trans Views"
In post 15775, T S O wrote:I don't think I'm a transphobe, but I have no fear of being called one. To clarify a few things, here are my beliefs.

There are only two genders. Gender fluidity is an outright mental illness, any gender other than male or female is mental illness. Otherkin is beyond mental illness - if you think you are a dog or cat you probably need to be locked away for your own good. Anyone who uses pronouns such as "xer" or "xe" is outright deluded, and I've always thought that this is a desperate cry for help and attention rather than anything else. If anyone believes any of these, I pity the person. But in the same way that you would not entertain someone telling you that other people live in their head, you would not entertain these fallacies either.

I think transgenderism is a mental illness as well, but grouped closer to depression, and not with things like gender fluidity. The latter has no basis in reality, whereas transgenderism does exist. In the same way that no-one would choose being depressed over not being depressed, no-one would choose being transgender over not being transgender. To be clear - I don't think any surgery or hormones can actually change your gender. But if you simply can't live as you were born, and you're 100% sure, then you can have the surgery, take the hormones, and l'll respect that and refer to you by your new name. I'm dubious to whether the supposed cure - surgery and hormones - is at all effective, as suicide rates are as high post-op as pre-op - the official line on this is something about oppression which is ludicrous. I have read somewhere that the transgender suicide rate is matched only in history by Jews under Nazi Germany, so it isn't that. I do firmly believe that if you think you are transgender then you should be committed enough to it to undergo surgery.

I will admit something that I'm sure will go down poorly - the uncanny valley is definitely real for me with relation to transgender people. It's undeniably true. Sorry, but there you go.

In post 15776, T S O wrote:That should trigger quite a few people. Excellent.

In post 15824, T S O wrote:
In post 15815, Accountant wrote:
In post 15814, Dwlee99 wrote:I find it interesting that in TSO's post it is implied that the proper reaction to someone who is mentally ill is derision. (Specifically the way he talks about gender fluidity and non-binary people)

What else do you expect from a reality sympathizer


I agree.

In post 15826, T S O wrote:I don't hate people who think they are gender fluid, or whatever other term they're using. But I don't understand why we should enable this kind of delusion. The analogy with schizophrenia does present itself. There aren't people talking to you, and your visions aren't real. In the same way, you cannot be non-gender, no matter how much you wish it to be true.

In post 15946, T S O wrote:I didn't say I was going to throw you in a mental hospital for thinking. You can think whatever you want. You can think that you are neither male or female, just as you can think that you are a dragon. But I'm not going to enable your mental confusion by agreeing with it or condoning it as okay.

In post 16143, T S O wrote:If I told you that I had an imaginary friend, and that he wanted you to say hello to him, should you? If I told you that you had to say hello to him because you were being rude, then should you?

In post 16144, T S O wrote:I'm not trying to create a "gotcha" scenario here. I'm genuinely curious to the responses, and I'm not going to mock them.

In post 16172, T S O wrote:It doesn't have anything to do with transgenderism.

In post 16173, T S O wrote:I see why you'd link the ideas, but no. I'm not looking to reduce the comparison down to anything. Take the imaginary friend at face value. That's all it is.

In post 16174, T S O wrote:The point is that the imaginary friend is indisputably not real. There is no argument among any rational people that this person's imaginary friend exists in any way other than inside his head. Knowing that, do you say hello? I personally don't think that saying hello is a particularly compassionate thing to do.

In post 16175, T S O wrote:Just to reiterate, I'm not going to use this in any other argument. The imaginary friend works as an example because its veracity is not debatable.

In post 16176, T S O wrote:And I don't think it's any closer to religion than to xe-style pronouns. Faith is a large part of religion, and it's impossible to outright prove it wrong. The imaginary friend doesn't have any such argument with which to back its existence.

In post 16177, T S O wrote:I just don't think that it's actually the morally correct thing to do. It's the easy moral action to take, but that doesn't make it right. If you walk by a homeless man and give him ten dollars, you might feel like you have been a moral person. But if that person is a raging drug addict, your money will just go to fuelling their addiction. You would have been better off, in order, doing nothing, buying them food, or even offering them a job in exchange for them attending rehab. I think my point is evident.

In post 16181, T S O wrote:The thought experiment is meant to see people's thoughts on saying things they know to be false in order to prop up other people's false reality. It was less a case of "well, this can also apply to transgenders" rather than "how far are you willing to take it".

In post 16182, T S O wrote:Though it's been somewhat ruined now, so there you go.

Can you link what you were paraphrasing? The quote is unclear to me.

In post 16348, T S O wrote:
In post 16335, T S O wrote:Let's talk about two interesting issues. The utter unpopularity of a single payer health system in America, and the curious correlation in Poland between no migrants and no terror attacks.


Hmm. This post somehow went unnoticed. Curious indeed.

In post 16337, Psyche wrote:your posts are just spin


Which ones?

In post 16338, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 16334, T S O wrote:Your party's belief in more than two genders - a belief you share - is equivalent to flat earth theory in its stupidity and anti-science nature. But if you want to get those sweet sweet LGBT votes, you have to tell them that their beliefs can warp reality to their needs, right?

Do you agree that each person can have a different mix of masculinity or femininity, and that each person isnt 100% masculine or 100% feminine?


Sure. But even the most feminine man is still a man. Your level of masculinity or femininity is not related to your gender. It's simply not a social construct. I'm sure you've had that line rammed down your throat for years to the point of indoctrination, but it's not true.

In post 16340, AniX wrote:
In post 16334, T S O wrote:Your party's belief in more than two genders - a belief you share - is equivalent to flat earth theory in its stupidity and anti-science nature. But if you want to get those sweet sweet LGBT votes, you have to tell them that their beliefs can warp reality to their needs, right?


Gender isn't a scientific concept. It is largely the social manifestation of performance of social traits/customs/norms


No. Gender is a scientific concept. You are born a man or woman, and you can't change it. It's obvious to everyone in a thousand different ways - your face, your bone structure, your genitals, your body's natural hormones.

But even if you are just being lazy with terminology, there aren't even two SEXES.


This is not even flat earth territory anymore. This is something else entirely.

What constitutes sex? Chromosomes? There are more than two sex chromosome combinations. Genitals? More than two ways to have genitals, including neither and both. Something else that magically vindicates you? Let's hear it.


Chromosomes, genitals, hormones... there are a million differences between males and females. You being able to provide an example of someone with both a penis and a vagina doesn't disprove anything. I've read about a girl who doesn't feel hunger because she's missing a chromosome. We do not divide humans into hunger-feeling and not-hunger-feeling.

I understand the line of argument, though. If only one thing defines a gender, and you can provide a counterexample, your argument might be able to hold itself up a little. Sadly, gender is not defined by any single thing, so it's much harder to find a "gotcha!" to it.

In post 16341, T-Bone wrote:I do love when people like TSO argue about the problems that the ACA created that either A) the law doesn't actually have an effect on B) the Republicans picking the law apart with budget reconciliation ACTUALLY caused the problems of C) the problems exist in the healthcare system independent of the ACA.

But let me bite from the stupid apple. Suppose we lived in a world where the ACA caused premiums to skyrocket. Medicaid expansion had NOTHING to do with it. Why does the GOP solution have to include taking away Meidcaid from 20 million people?


Can you explain what exactly the GOP did to cause the death of the ACA, and why it would have worked if the GOP hadn't done it?

In post 16342, GreyICE wrote:
In post 16334, T S O wrote:
In post 16308, GreyICE wrote:But I guess this is what blind partisan ideology gets you, a voter base so fucking retarded they literally cannot parse reality.


Your party's belief in more than two genders - a belief you share - is equivalent to flat earth theory in its stupidity and anti-science nature. But if you want to get those sweet sweet LGBT votes, you have to tell them that their beliefs can warp reality to their needs, right?


Cargo cult science is a blind adherence to the appearance of science without the intellectual rigor. As the cargo cults build things in the shape of airfields with faith that airdrops would spontaneously occur, so does cargo cult science make things in the shape of scientific beliefs in faith that science is science because it sounds scientific. The right has taken enormous liberties with this. They've realized that cargo cult science is simply easier to understand - that by telling people things that are simple in terms that sound scientific they are liable to believe it. Just as Newton's theory of motion was far simpler than Einstein's theory of relativity - mass changing and time slowing based on relative velocities is quite frustratingly complex - the truth is not necessarily the simplest explanation.


This was beautiful to read, but I didn't feel particularly enlightened after having done so.

So spitball for me, how many different chromosomes do you think people can have?


Why do you think that matters?

In post 16343, GreyICE wrote:Oh and if TSO is in favor of single payer over the unbelievable piece of shit that is our current health system I've found one thing I agree with him on.


I'm afraid not. I was referring to the overwhelming negative response to single payer in Colorado of all states.

I do agree that your health system is awful though.

In post 16357, T S O wrote:
In post 16351, Dwlee99 wrote:https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/


Some of the article's conclusions don't make any sense to me. The boys experiencing gender dysphoria (what does that even mean? Are they all experiencing it strongly? Are some experiencing it more than others) reacted like girls, but the girls experiencing gender dysphoria... also reacted like girls? This is completely inconclusive, unless your conclusion is that only men can be transgender. What exactly does "relatively thin" mean in context of brain structure? The article is bizarrely vague. It's admittedly easy to poke holes and think you've won, but I really am not sure what this article is meant to prove.

If you've been doing your research, then you must have also came across this and this. What did you think of them? What did you think of this study showing their suicide rates? The suicide rates are rather similar - uncommonly high - whether the people around them knew they were transgender or not. I'm sure you've read the famous 2011 study from Sweden showing that transgender suicide rates do not decrease post-op. Dr. Paul McHugh of Johns Hopkins frequently writes that the vast majority of children experiencing gender dysphoria do not continue to experience it throughout adulthood. Transgender people also seem to commonly harbour other mental disorders - this article is anecdotal, but serves to prove my point. I don't have any studies off the top of my head that prove correlation between gender dysphoria and severe childhood abuse, but like this former transgender I'd be willing to bet my life that it's true.

Most of the people who think they are some form of third gender are also transgender. It doesn't appear to me - from mental health statistics, suicide statistics, etc. - that their perception of the world is always correct. I'm not saying that there are no rational people among them; Sesq has always seemed rational to me, for example. But as a group, I don't think that their testimony on the existence of this third gender is very reliable. And I don't think the compassionate thing to do is to humour a delusion, whether it's schizophrenia, split personality, or using non-binary pronouns.

In post 16358, T S O wrote:I'm sure that linking scientific articles and opinion pieces by regretful transgenders will have me skating close to a ban on this website for some variant of hate speech. In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18942  (isolation #73)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Intersex is a condition of biological sex that isnt based on self identification. Sre you aware of what intersex is Creature?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18944  (isolation #74)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 pm

In post 18944, Creature wrote:
In post 18943, Maruchan wrote:Intersex is a condition of biological sex that isnt based on self identification. Sre you aware of what intersex is Creature?

Yes. You don't self-identify as intersex, you're born as intersex.

Also the color analogy used seems to be wrong. I think painting house in blue and yellow would make more sense as an analogy.

So is intersex a mix of male and female like green is a mix of blue and yellow or is it its own separate third category is AniX's my point i then. The analogy works just fine for self identification of gender as for biological sex
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18978  (isolation #75)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:42 pm

In post 18973, Creature wrote:
In post 18959, Psyche wrote:Can't help but see the argument about gender identity as really similar to the one about gay marriage. One party thought marriage was defined as being between a man and a woman and opposed changing that conception to improve the social status of same-sex couples in society, and the other thought that a different definition would make the world better off by improving the status of same-sex couples in society. In the same way, people like TSO and Creature seem really attached to traditional conceptions of gender and I can't help but think it's because of either a really inflexible notion of language or a more direct opposition to improving the social status of trans people or both with one of these appropriated to buttress the other.

Actually talking about gay marriage would be interesting, but now I'm as uninspired as I am to talk about gender.

Like, I'm talking about sex (not gender) in biology terms. I'm trying to definite sex through something totally empirical (the same way we can tell whether the Earth is round or not). Yet, it feels like I'm being shot down for talking about scientific facts.

Also, I still keep having this feeling that whenever I try to discuss with a leftist they say "you can't understand that". Most christians use that same fallacy to convince atheists to believe in god.

Mkay pure biooogy.

In humans people are born with XX, XY, XXX, XXY, and etc mutations of sexual chromosones.

Some of those born with purely "male" chromosomes (xx, xxx, xxxx, etc) have (gasp) purely "femsle" genitalia and primary/secondary sex characteristics. They identify as female, feel like a female, look like a female, but if you were to look a their biology you'd define them as male.

How's that for discussing sex in purely biological matters?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18983  (isolation #76)  » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:47 pm

In post 18982, Creature wrote:
In post 18979, Maruchan wrote:Some of those born with purely "male" chromosomes (xx, xxx, xxxx, etc) have (gasp) purely "femsle" genitalia and primary/secondary sex characteristics.

Were they born like this?

Also I'm pretty sure XX, XXX, XXXX, etc is actually female.

Sorry I'm phone posting. Pretend there was a y in all of those and yes they are born that way
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19159  (isolation #77)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:55 pm

In post 19114, Creature wrote:I would be pretty pissed if I was being taxed more than 70% of my income.

70% marginal tax bracket for income over 10 million dollars will never mean you are taxed 70 of your income.

do we need to rehash marginal tax brackets?

Also, would you be pissed that you can only buy 10 megayachts, instead of 35? I thought you just recently said you thing that is excessive?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19160  (isolation #78)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:57 pm

In post 19126, Creature wrote:
In post 19124, Slaxx wrote:
In post 19122, Creature wrote:
In post 19118, Psyche wrote:
In post 19114, Creature wrote:I would be pretty pissed if I was being taxed more than 70% of my income.

the proposed 70% rate is marginal
do you know what that means

Yes, profit. I don't think anyone would have a 10 million dollars wage anyway.


Which is why capital gains tax needs reformed too. Put it in brackets.

Considering I could've gained a profit of 10 million dollars, losing 7 million is already pretty saddening. Increase that ammount and you'll see good people giving up about growing their business while bad people finding ways to tax fraud.

if you make 10 million dollars

you
wont
lose
7
million.


that is not how this thing works. We ALREADY discussed this.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19161  (isolation #79)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:03 pm

In post 19161, Maruchan wrote:
In post 19126, Creature wrote:[..]Considering I could've gained a profit of 10 million dollars, losing 7 million is already pretty saddening. Increase that ammount and you'll see good people giving up about growing their business while bad people finding ways to tax fraud.
[..]We ALREADY discussed this.

In post 50380, Maruchan wrote:
In post 50309, T-Bone wrote:
In post 50304, Creature wrote:
In post 50293, T-Bone wrote:No I mean this. Creature, there is this new law of a 70% marginal tax rate in place. You make 10 million dollars this year. Give me a ballpark, how much of that money are you paying to the government in taxes?

7 million.


I understand why you think that because 70% of 10 million is 7 million.

However, the first 10 million dollars of your income is not taxed at 70%. The first 15,000 dollars you make have zero taxes. From 15k to 75k is like 10%. From 75 to 125k is like 12.5%. From there to 250k, it's about 15%. From there to a million its 17.5%. After a million is 20%. When you get to the higher tax bracket, new taxes aren't taken out of the money you've already made.

So in my example, someone who makes 10 million dollars a year keeps 8.5 million of it.

(Please note I am ball parking it, not using exact numbers)

I'm going to use exact numbers because I can't believe how many times I have to explain this for him to not get it.


Brackets here: https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/taxes/f ... -brackets/
for a person that makes 100,000,000 under the current tax bracket:
First 9,525 government takes 10% (952.5)
Next 29,175 government takes 12% (3,501)
Next 43,800 government takes 22% (9,636)
Next 75,000 government takes 24% (18,000)
Next 42,500 government takes 32% (13,600)
Next 300,000 government takes 35% (105,000)
next 999,500,000 government takes 37% (36,815,000)

So, if you made $100 Million in Federal Income, you would have paid $36,965,689.50 in Federal Income Tax, meaning you still had $63 Million Dollars.

That's our current tax setup. Lets add a SINGLE marginal tax bracket of 70% Income Tax over 10,000,000 and see how that would affect it:
First 9,525 government takes 10% (952.5)
Next 29,175 government takes 12% (3,501)
Next 43,800 government takes 22% (9,636)
Next 75,000 government takes 24% (18,000)
Next 42,500 government takes 32% (13,600)
Next 300,000 government takes 35% (105,000)
Next 9,500,000 government takes 37% (3,515,000)
Next 90,000,000 government takes 70% (63,000,000)

Leaving you after earning 100,000,000 Income, paid 66,665,689.50 in taxes, a TOTAL AMOUNT ADDED TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT: $33 Million.


Please tell me how you are making them less rich?

If you make $10,000,001 with a 70% marginal tax bracket at 10 million dollars, you will pay $3,665,670.20. Not $7 million. $3.6 million.

Please

quit

misunderstanding
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19216  (isolation #80)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:29 pm

They must protect their white european heritage

as they laugh at europe and britain and think they are better than them, and make "world started in 1776" memes.

meaning it's not about the european heritage that they dislike, it's about the white heritage
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19473  (isolation #81)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 pm

In post 19273, Creature wrote:
In post 19272, u r a person 2 wrote:In this country one party considers homophobia and transphobia absolutely intolerable

If by homophobia and transphobia you mean something like this site's rule, then surely a lot of people would be hella scared that their humour sense could get themselves arrested.

or just you know, not firing me because of a quirk of life I was born with that you don't like because "God!". I mean, is that unreasonable to ask for? :shrug:
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19474  (isolation #82)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:32 pm

In post 19281, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 19277, YellowSnow wrote:Well, there are a multitude of issues for voters to consider and I think most republicans(and liberals for that matter) consider social justice just one issue out of many.

Wouldn't it be republicans and democrats. Either that or conservatives and liberals.

nope. I get lambasted as much as any democrat for being not-republican, even if there are ideas on both sides I agree with, because I am more vocal about the ones that affect me directly (LGBT right), and the ones more important to me than others (pro-choice).

So I'm a "stinkin lib" because I don't toe the republican line. it lets them bypass the excuse of "But I'm not a democrat, and these are the democratic ideas I disagree with: ..." with "but you're still a lib compared to me!"
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19476  (isolation #83)  » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:55 pm

In post 19357, YellowSnow wrote:so I think that even minorities could benefit in some areas under Trump when it comes to unemployment, wages etc.

Well let's see. Donald Trump tried to fire me by tweet, and has spent over a year continuing that effort.
Donald Trump wants to take away my ability to be seen at a hospital, because the doctor/nurse objects to my lifestyle.
Donald Trump wants to allow me to be fired by any employer for a quirk of my birth.
Donald Trump denied a congress-requested military pay raise to match inflation, and instead gave us 2 percent (this 1 is different from the rest because of the wages part of your comment).


SO yeah no, I don't think that this minority could benefit in some areas under trump.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19489  (isolation #84)  » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:25 am

In post 19479, YellowSnow wrote:My favorite is when people act like white people can't be minorities themselves and race is the only indicator of minorityism.

Hi.

I'm white.

That's not the minority I was alluding to.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19523  (isolation #85)  » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:11 am

15 years ago a 20 oz of mountain dew was less than a buck and a quarter. today a 20 oz of mountain dew is over 2 bucks.

this is the only product i was buying over 15 years ago that i still buy today.

the cost of my single constant cost of living over the past 15 years has increased.

(i'm only using this as an example, because at the age of 9/10 there wasn't much I was buying, but I do remember the cost of bottles of mtn dew from when i was 11)
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19525  (isolation #86)  » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:13 am

In post 19524, Maruchan wrote:(i'm only using this as an example, because at the age of 9/10 there wasn't much I was buying, but I do remember the cost of bottles of mtn dew from when i was 11)
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19614  (isolation #87)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:18 pm

NFLPA = national football league players' association?

If so why does it being politcal organization = it being black organization? P sure NFL isn't exclusively for black players.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19630  (isolation #88)  » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:58 pm

It's unfair well drats. Not oike weve ever asked something of those proteating that was unfair to gove them a reason to protest snd cause unfairness towards me roght? Phew. Close one
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19646  (isolation #89)  » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:58 am

I think what most people who use open borders mean is lax immigration and not physically open borders. Better immigration laws while still having secure borders = good
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19725  (isolation #90)  » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:23 pm

In post 19724, T-Bone wrote:
In post 19721, Kublai Khan wrote:Yeah, I think we're getting into the economic indicators that Trump doesn't know what he's doing. It's the beginning of the end for the "The economy is great because of Trump" arguments.


It's the Democrats fault for not giving Trump enough money for the wall.

the wall would have physically stopped the money from flowing out. It's like putting water in a cup. The cup is The Wall. The Water is Money. Makes perfect sense. TrumpTM
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19756  (isolation #91)  » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am

In post 19752, u r a person 2 wrote:I think I like you.

So congress passes the law - in this case, that law is basically "wall bad"
and then trump is going to veto that law - allowing the wall to go forward under his emergency declaration.
Congress could override his veto - veto his veto - but they need more votes than they can get

but I don't think it's going to be long before we get to that point.

You heard it here first, trump will not be president on Jan 1, 2020.

Things are going to start moving fast.

I don't want President Pence. Can't we keep Trump for 1 more year? Pence is smart. Trump isn't
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19763  (isolation #92)  » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am

In post 19763, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm not 100% sure this is legal

i think it is

https://www.predictit.org/
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19834  (isolation #93)  » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:50 pm

In post 19834, theplague42 wrote:I read it as implying this guy simply doesn't exist.

This.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19837  (isolation #94)  » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:08 pm

no more because the specific instance he was referring to was "Opted not to give their last name". meaning he specifically was talking about an individual who he KNEW had a last name, and didn't share it "for anonymity". Meaning he wasn't slighting people who had no last name, he was disparaging the news article using a (presumed) fictional source in it's article.


context clues.


they exist.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19847  (isolation #95)  » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:13 am

In post 19846, Mina wrote:Jesus, people. As if this argument weren't absurd enough, he's not LITERALLY homeless. He obviously meant his political beliefs didn't have a home in either major party.

I didnt get that impression at all O.o interesting interpretation
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19854  (isolation #96)  » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:46 pm

mina is the smartest of us all.

we should elect her president.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19945  (isolation #97)  » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Guys I think Trump watches 9-1-1 on FOX on Monday nights. In it in last nights episode they used a water bombing plane to put out a neighborhood of home gas explosions. Then Trump tweets we should do it later that night? Coincidence?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #19947  (isolation #98)  » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm watching it right now on Hulu, it airs at like 8 or 9 eastern on Monday's
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #20225  (isolation #99)  » Mon May 06, 2019 7:44 pm

In post 20202, Fluminator wrote:I find it amusing so many people took offense to hearing "a large amount of pro choice men don't actually care about women." when the pro choice side's entire stick is that pro lifers hate women.
Not the intended point when j said that, but maybe you know how pro lifers feel when hearing that now.

Also, phrasing it as pro-choice anti-choice is as useful as framing it as pro-life and anti-life.

Not true. I am for the choice existing for other people but for bringing any life I create into this world. Pro-abortion and anti-life dont apply to me. Pro choice does.

Pro life doesnt apply to pro lifers because they could care less about the life of the child after its born. Or the life of the mom if it's at risk. They are against giving women a choice in the matter. Pro choice anti choice works best
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #20227  (isolation #100)  » Mon May 06, 2019 7:58 pm

P much same for me. In my situation, I'd tell my SO my opinion is against an abortion eleven if I am unready to be a parent. But A: not my decision B: my decision in my situation has nothing to do with other people
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #20561  (isolation #101)  » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:16 am

President Trump is better than president pence. Pence is smart and horrible. Trump is just horrible.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #20853  (isolation #102)  » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:20 pm

In post 20838, Persivul wrote:
In post 20833, shaft.ed wrote:who's taking what too far?

SJWs are taking identity politics and demonization of their opponents too far.

Literally what trump is doing
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21170  (isolation #103)  » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:49 pm

In post 21089, chennisden wrote:i dunno.

i just think it's VERY disingenuous to say "math is important guys!!" and then teach geometry and pretend anyone will EVER need that. teach geometry for the sake of geometry, not for some "real world application" which doesn't exist.

I used pythagorean theorem tot Ryan to explain to my girlfriend why turning right where I told her was a shorter quicker distance than turning right where she want to and she didn't understand and couldn't figure out why and eventually turned where I told her to because I. Toke her to and she didn't want to fight about it and it made me hate her teachers so much.


Math is important, in DAILY routine tasks. Including geometry
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21172  (isolation #104)  » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:01 pm

In post 21171, chennisden wrote:i concede every point i've made in this thread and i apologize for being a dick

:]

i will also stop posting in this thread

No.

This isn't the right response. We aren't trying to drive you away, were trying to understand you and help you to understand us so we can move forward in life together and solve issues instead of resent each other over issues.

The debate is good. Don't just say "I was wrong g'bye all" and walk away. Nobody wins in this scenario. You aren't giving us a win. We all lose on this acenario
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21178  (isolation #105)  » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:14 pm

In post 21175, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 21172, Maruchan wrote:No.

This isn't the right response. We aren't trying to drive you away, were trying to understand you and help you to understand us so we can move forward in life together and solve issues instead of resent each other over issues.

The debate is good. Don't just say "I was wrong g'bye all" and walk away. Nobody wins in this scenario. You aren't giving us a win. We all lose on this acenario

wtf
if he wants to disengage from the thread then he has that right it's not about winning or losing
he doesn't owe the masses a "win"

I am bad at words.

I was trying to say it wasn't about winning it losing. His post read very much like "I'm tired of trying to prove why I'm right but still think I'm right so I'm just going to back out to stop the conversation and never come back". Stepping back from a debate is OK. Not at all trying to say it isnt. But dont try to "in wrong you're right I'm done bye" when you're fed up with the debate. That's attempting to frame your being fed up as giving the win to the other side. The otherside doesnt want a win. They want an educational debate where they can see the situation from both sides and wnst you to see the situation from both sides so we can figure out how to move forward together.

If you cant continue a conversation "hey I need to step back and take a break" is OK. If you havent changed your mind, and can't continue a conversation, "hey I was wrong you were right I'm leaving now kbye" is not what anyone wants. So I was trying to explain, if you're thinking you're giving someone what they wants by doing that to end a conversation, you really arent.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21266  (isolation #106)  » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:58 am

In post 21265, Persivul wrote: Bill Clinton had a successful presidency and he's a rapist.

Did I miss something somewhere?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21268  (isolation #107)  » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 am

Well then you wanna provide a link?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21272  (isolation #108)  » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:43 am

In post 21269, Persivul wrote:Not really. I doubt your sincerity.

I'm sorry I'm 25
I wasnt alive and reading the news during the clinton presidency like you were.

I have never once been anything but 100% genuine on this site and I dont understand why you by default paint me with a brush of dishonedty.


However, I googled it and I didn't miss anything. He hasn't been convicted of any crimes apparently which is what I thought you were implying. He's as much a rapist as trump is, so yeah they're both bad guys. (Y)


Thanks for being a dick to me pointlessly when I genuinely asked a question because I had to seen any articles about a rape conviction, but considering the big child sexual abuse scandal going on lately I wouldn't have been surprised if there had been one.

Sorry for assuming you were making your statements in good faith and based on the court of law and not vilifying an innocent until proven guilty American in the court of public opinion.

Won't happen again, I'll stop giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not just spouting rhetoric and hyperbole to stick to your preconceived notions.


Oh and fuck you.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21273  (isolation #109)  » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:45 am

In post 21269, Persivul wrote:Not really. I doubt your sincerity.

On second thought you doubted my sincerity because you knew your statement was inaccurate and expected me to be calling you on it rather than being genuinely curious as I was.

Guilty conscious much my guy?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21278  (isolation #110)  » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:57 pm

In post 21274, Persivul wrote:
In post 21273, Maruchan wrote:On second thought you doubted my sincerity because you knew your statement was inaccurate and expected me to be calling you on it rather than being genuinely curious as I was.

Guilty conscious much my guy?

No, I doubt your sincerity. If you follow politics and were around during the Clinton years, you heard of Juanita Broaddrick's allegations. If you don't believe her, that's fine. But I'm not going to dick around with someone who's playing dumb.

Read my previous post dipshit. I wasn't even in grade school in Clinton years. I wasnt playing dumb, I'm just not as old as you grandpa
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21279  (isolation #111)  » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:01 pm

In post 21275, Persivul wrote:Sorry - missed this:
In post 21272, Maruchan wrote:
In post 21269, Persivul wrote:Not really. I doubt your sincerity.

I'm sorry I'm 25
I wasnt alive and reading the news during the clinton presidency like you were.

OK, look up Juanita Broaddrick.
I have never once been anything but 100% genuine on this site and I dont understand why you by default paint me with a brush of dishonedty.

People anywhere to the right of center on this site tend to assume they're being baited with every question. Most of the time they're right.

However, I googled it and I didn't miss anything. He hasn't been convicted of any crimes apparently which is what I thought you were implying. He's as much a rapist as trump is, so yeah they're both bad guys. (Y)

Exactly. I can consider their presidencies apart from their personal faults.
Sorry for assuming you were making your statements in good faith and based on the court of law and not vilifying an innocent until proven guilty American in the court of public opinion.

Won't happen again, I'll stop giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not just spouting rhetoric and hyperbole to stick to your preconceived notions.


Oh and fuck you.

I wasn't talking to you in the first place you know. I was talking to people who quite freely make charges against (Republican) presidents even though there's been no conviction on such charges in a court of law.

In the future, don't jump into the middle of a conversation using different standards than those employed in that conversation. You'll avoid confusion that way.

I didnt jump in the middle of a conversation, I completely ignored the conversation, because I wasnt a part of the dogpile on you, and asked a simple question about a statement because I took your words at face value. And they confused me and I question my knowledge constantly instead of assuming I know better than everyone around me. So I thought you had knowledge I could benefit from, and ignored any political differences we have (which you are unaware of because you dont know my political leanings and ideals) to ask you a simple question and was attacked for it
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21280  (isolation #112)  » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:11 pm

In post 21275, Persivul wrote:Sorry - missed this:
In post 21272, Maruchan wrote:He hasn't been convicted of any crimes apparently which is what I thought you were implying. He's as much a rapist as trump is, so yeah they're both bad guys. (Y)

Exactly. I can consider their presidencies apart from their personal faults.

So being a rapist doesn't disqualify oneself from the presidency. What does?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21337  (isolation #113)  » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:07 pm

They can still vote for him in the general? They can literally vote for a candidate who has a possibility of winning the election. This isn't taking away any votes....
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21534  (isolation #114)  » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:51 pm

In post 21465, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 21450, Panzerjager wrote:
In post 21442, Inferno390 wrote:And of course you have a moral stake in the matter. What if you want to have sex with your other but don’t want to deal with potentially the baby that comes along with it?


Image


Condoms fail.
You're welcome.

You're on the anti-choice side and making this point? Holy shit.

OK. So me, as a responsible adult in a sexual adult relationship. We use an IUD, daily birth control pills, a condom, and the day after pill every time we have sex.

We still end up pregnant, what do we do? We clearly didn't want a kid. Aren't ready to have a kid, and took every conceivable step to avoid having a kid. What's your magical solution?

Toss in that the kid is a mixed baby, and has a visible birth defect so adoption is off the table.

Are we supposed to just suck it up and raise this kid and hope it never finds out that its parent resent if for it's very existence? Let alone provide a shitty job of parenting because we broke AF and weren't ready to patent kids?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21592  (isolation #115)  » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:50 am

In post 21560, Persivul wrote:
In post 21387, Panzerjager wrote:Healthcare + no guns, sign me up

If you guys really thought that Trump was a fascist dictator who intends to remain in power after 2024, you wouldn't want to take guns away.

We're not stupid enough to think a bunch of cowboys with guns can stand up to the armament of the US Militsry.

Invalidated point
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21642  (isolation #116)  » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:37 pm

In post 21618, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 21592, Maruchan wrote:
In post 21560, Persivul wrote:
In post 21387, Panzerjager wrote:Healthcare + no guns, sign me up

If you guys really thought that Trump was a fascist dictator who intends to remain in power after 2024, you wouldn't want to take guns away.

We're not stupid enough to think a bunch of cowboys with guns can stand up to the armament of the US Militsry.

Invalidated point

Dude you've seen firsthand how fuckin broken all the cheif's shiny toys are

I've seen firsthand how much firepower we have too and how you can control our weapons from the other side of the godson world sitting at a desk if everything is logged into the remote command and control systems
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21913  (isolation #117)  » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm

while im not downplaying that trump is a security risk, and that i dislike him and his presidency,

the clinton emails thing was a legitimate security leak, and she should have been held accountable. just because the FBI determined it wasn't worth prosecuting, that does *NOT* mean she didnt do something against the rules.


if I, with my security clearance, had done what clinton had done, with hers, I would be in prison right now.
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21916  (isolation #118)  » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:14 pm

What he said. Move on from clinton. Trump vs clinton ended in 2016 and we get on republicans about their whataboutism with obama. Quit perpetuating that it's still Clinton VA trump or how much better it worse clinton would have been. She isnt president. What if doesnt matter. End of story
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #21960  (isolation #119)  » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:12 pm

I wonder if that defense will hold up if a draw a 100 dollar bill on construction paper with a smiley face for the president face
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #22114  (isolation #120)  » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:51 pm

In post 22031, Persivul wrote:
In post 22027, Flubbernugget wrote:There's many reasons to like the US. I would definitely rather live here over China, Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia just going off of free speech and censorship alone.

Yep. We have faults, but awful is ridiculous.

If it isn't awful, why did it have to get made great again?
Show

Maruchan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 06, 2011
Location: Norfolk, VA
Pronoun: She

Post Post #22132  (isolation #121)  » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:02 am

In post 22095, Persivul wrote:
In post 22092, Equinox wrote:There are many factors to immigration that are not conducive to the decision-making process that you have outlined here. Quality of life may be a part of the decision to go to the United States, but oftentimes it's not a matter of deciding between Canada, Germany, or the United States; it's a matter of "I have connections in the U.S., so it is the U.S. or nothing". Choosing a country is not a luxury that many immigrants to the U.S. have.

That just begs the question, why do they have connections in the US and nowhere else? Their connections aren't moving from the US back to the other country for a reason.

Besides, my snark was directed at the choice of a metric being an objective process; it is not. Choosing a metric for X reasons is subject to biases such as assuming that immigration-related decisions occur in a vacuum and are 100% free choices.

This certainly isn't completely objective, but it's more objective than simply saying the US is awful because they've interfered with other countries.

I wanna emigrate from the US

I have connections nowhere

I am very limited in my choice

guess I'm stuck with the US ohwell
Show


[ + ]

Return to General Discussion