Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I've actually had a completely opposite experience re: self-voting, so maybe that's why I'm viewing this the way I am
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 2015, Pink Ball wrote: Don't be lazy. Have you read any game with me in it in order to scum toneread me? And gut why? You're just not giving a chance to reply to your read on me
1)Your read on Nancy at the beginning of the game were conflicting, it's no longer the case and I should've taken that into account.

2)Your current read on Dann.

3)Your pocket on me, then I read through your ISO and realised it was genuine.

tone/gut read came from 1), something that's redundant that I've forgot. 3) is BS from me now that I've realised. 2) still stays, but it's not enough for a scumread.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2012, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 2001, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1985, Pink Ball wrote:Urist is obvtown tho. But RC is your best match, I read your cards and he's in your not so distant future
Why is RC my best match?
From my point of view, because you're one of my biggest townreads and I want RC paired with town. Because of his reputation, people will WIFOM him whenever they get the chance, so it's better having him with someone difficult to lynch. If RC is scum, I trust in your ability to catch him in your exclusive PT since you're good at reading players' intentions and you're not easily pocketed.
Well Krazy has pointed out, that our pairing could possibly put an NK target on our backs too, so there’s that to think about as well.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Hi sexy

P-edit damn it let me flirt with daddy DanceFloor you guys
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2024, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:VeridanCleric’s ISO was lkke 95% mech talk.
true, but Varsoon also used mech talk as a way to break town cohesion so it's worth watching for, that's why I more want to see Moment's reads from deeper into the thread, feel like it's pointless to interrogate his reads when they don't even exist yet
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2028, Pink Ball wrote:Hi sexy
p sure they should rename that ariana grande song God is a pink ball
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2030, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2028, Pink Ball wrote:Hi sexy
p sure they should rename that ariana grande song God is a pink ball
Jokes aside, you made me explode in laughter
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2025, Dannflor wrote:I've actually had a completely opposite experience re: self-voting, so maybe that's why I'm viewing this the way I am
I think the timing and purpose matters

Scum self-vote:
1-To anti-spew
2-To spike AtE or play up how "real" their emotions are

Town self-vote:
3-To take the piss
4-Because they legitimately believe their flip will help town

If you buy Worm's reasoning, and I kinda do rn, he felt more like #4.

Ank is pretty skilled but she felt a littttle bit closer to the third than the second for me.
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2021, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 2017, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1992, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1986, Taly wrote:
PB
, humor me, who is my best match?
Krazy
In post 1995, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1991, PvtUrist wrote: posts of DT that felt genuine.

It's nothing solid, and again consists of 1) seems genuine, and 2) no scum pings yet.

Besides, DT doesn't add up into my {PB, Dann, Moment} scum team theory.
Ah, I see you've taken the tinfoil hat road by thinking my interactions with Dann are svs. Welcome to the club. I'm pairing with Dann as soon as he has the guts to invite me to dance, do you think that would be wise coming from an svs?
RC doesn’t even intend to ask me and i think I should be paired with either Dan or Krazy. I would not be opposed to any of those 3, however.
RC said that the mechanically correct pairing for him was you, so I think there's intention. And you keep implying Dann or Krazy who I don't think either has intended to pair with you since Krazy already invited Taly and he's waiting that reply, and Dann is, in all seriousness, my best pairing, since we're not an obvtown pair and scum will likely push us and we could get some cool interactions out lf it. Also, as far as I know, he trusts me as mucho as I trust him
He wants to pair with Taly or Alisae, not me. Well that’s my point, Obvtown should, ideally pair with either townlean or null. Do you disagree with that?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm trying to figure out if Pvt's hard tunnel on me and the fact that it's done so poorly is more town or scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2032, Krazy wrote:4-Because they legitimately believe their flip will help town
If I'm able to see this and believe it's genuine, I'll town read it. I've read Ank as pretty genuine and I don't think she believes she'll be of use in the next dances
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2029, Krazy wrote:
In post 2024, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:VeridanCleric’s ISO was lkke 95% mech talk.
true, but Varsoon also used mech talk as a way to break town cohesion so it's worth watching for, that's why I more want to see Moment's reads from deeper into the thread, feel like it's pointless to interrogate his reads when they don't even exist yet
But that’s what mainly concerns me about Moment. I clearly wasn’t doing that here.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

I think if RC pairs Alisae he for sure survives to second dance but I'm not sure how I'd feel about him making final 4 at that point so mixed feelings overall

I'm okay with him pairing with a nullread, that might be best even, but I'm not sure Alisae is null for me rn

I'd rather Alisae pair with a consensus scumread or nullread at this point ngl

I love her to death tho and hope she comes back to bring some fun memes

<3 u alisae I just kinda think maybe you rolled scum

is alisae my only actual scumlean rn? she might be 0.o
vote conspiracy
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2026, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 2015, Pink Ball wrote: Don't be lazy. Have you read any game with me in it in order to scum toneread me? And gut why? You're just not giving a chance to reply to your read on me
1)Your read on Nancy at the beginning of the game were conflicting, it's no longer the case and I should've taken that into account.

2)Your current read on Dann.

3)Your pocket on me, then I read through your ISO and realised it was genuine.

tone/gut read came from 1), something that's redundant that I've forgot. 3) is BS from me now that I've realised. 2) still stays, but it's not enough for a scumread.
Sounds like you're townreading me :lol:

I'm not the only one townreading Dann, so why am I his partner? And I get that you could feel pocketed, but strategically speaking, from all the playerlist, why would I try to pocket you?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Taly »

ugh.... just finished categorizing reads

i already dont like them on a broad level but its where im at rn.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2035, Dannflor wrote:I don't think she believes she'll be of use in the next dances
or rather she believes that it'll be more helpful for the gamestate if she's gone in the pre-dance if I understand correctly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2039, Taly wrote:ugh.... just finished categorizing reads

i already dont like them on a broad level but its where im at rn.
oooh boy I have such

vote conspiracy
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2034, Dannflor wrote:I'm trying to figure out if Pvt's hard tunnel on me and the fact that it's done so poorly is more town or scum
Read some posts from newbie 1905 between pvt and foodcoats and you'll get your answer
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 1982, Pink Ball wrote:@Allo I asked you twice about your reads on Brie and Moment, but instead of replying me directly, you just posted much later that Moment is townie and that Brie is probtown. Why are you ignoring me? Or worse, why are you not reading the thread?
I skim in my catchup and only directly reply to things that stick out to me. When I saw your post, I realize I didn't have a read on Brie and Moment not because they hadn't posted enough for me to read them, but because they hadn't posted enough for me to really notice them. With how much posting is going on in this game, someone who only posts now and then is easy to miss. So I made a kind of mental note to myself to pay more attention to their posts, and it was when I saw posts from them later that I started forming a read becuase I was specifically looking out for posts from them.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2032, Krazy wrote:
In post 2025, Dannflor wrote:I've actually had a completely opposite experience re: self-voting, so maybe that's why I'm viewing this the way I am
I think the timing and purpose matters

Scum self-vote:
1-To anti-spew
2-To spike AtE or play up how "real" their emotions are

Town self-vote:
3-To take the piss
4-Because they legitimately believe their flip will help town

If you buy Worm's reasoning, and I kinda do rn, he felt more like #4.

Ank is pretty skilled but she felt a littttle bit closer to the third than the second for me.
Based on my experience, I’d have to strongly disagree with that. I have self-voted as both alignments. As town (on MU), I did it twice, because I got pissed at being wrongly scumread and as scum (in Ok 1) I did it, because I knew I was doomed anyway and lost patience with being dead scum walking, so I decided to lolcat and take my own fate in my hands.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Let's straight this out;

scum!Urist vs town!Dann; Urist attacking an universally read town and is making a dumb move.

scum!Urist vs scum!Dann; Urist attacking an universal town read and is making a dumb move.

which leaves;

town!Urist vs town!Dann; If this is the case, then there shouldn't be any issues, seeing as everybody else town reads Dann. It's just some crazy lad who needs to make reads better.

town!Urist vs scum!Dann; RIP town.

pedit; I know PB, I'm also thinking of the foodcoats situation. If it's TvT, no biggie. If it's TvS, I'll just need to learn to be more convincing.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i'm taking the day off because of rough irl circumstances pls don't pair before I can play tomorrow!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 535, TheBrie wrote:Allomancer is a little bit lazy.
I feel like with TheBrie I just still have questions, like -- what did this have to do with the quoted material in that long post
In post 547, TheBrie wrote:Could be a good idea. But short deadlines can be annoying because I'll likely be asleep for half of it.
While this is probably true I kinda just didn't like it as a potential setup to lurk in second dance if she's still alive

so I think with TheBrie I mostly just didn't have a great first impression
In post 1771, TheBrie wrote:I might be onboard if enough people think it's a good idea. I'm not convinced of Vedith being scum, but I'll believe those who say he can't be relied on to use his lynch power well. I'm glad I don't have anything like that.
I guess later on I still feel like she isn't really processing posts, given she was kinda agreeing with this but wasn't really thinking about *who* she would sacrifice herself to exclude. This was more a "oh I'm being kinda scumread by people, guess I could just die" response which... idk how I feel about

so yeah nothing here makes me go "zomb lockscum" but I do seem to have a shortage of reasons to townread brie at this point outside of some wifomy stuff

I don't necessarily dislike any of the positions she's taking though? So I'm not trying to demoralize her and I hope she gets into the game a bit more
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 2046, RadiantCowbells wrote:i'm taking the day off because of rough irl circumstances pls don't pair before I can play tomorrow!
stop standing in the way of our love :P
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2042, Pink Ball wrote:Read some posts from newbie 1905 between pvt and foodcoats and you'll get your answer
I checked it out and I see a lot more effort gone into casing there as opposed to here

but, as PvT just said, I'm not quite seeing scum motivation for the tunnel

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”