Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:39 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Like if me/ND goes through regardless of my alignment if we don't get killed we are essentially de facto the endgame pairing. No one gets me lynched at that point. I would expect opposition from Krazy on the grounds that I'm an unsafe candidate for an endgame pairing: if I'm wrong on all of this Krazy you're welcome to talk more about this and help me understand where you are at.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:39 am

In post 2200, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like if me/ND goes through regardless of my alignment if we don't get killed we are essentially de facto the endgame pairing. No one gets me lynched at that point. I would expect opposition from Krazy on the grounds that I'm an unsafe candidate for an endgame pairing: if I'm wrong on all of this Krazy you're welcome to talk more about this and help me understand where you are at.
In post 2199, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2114, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2109, Krazy wrote:
In post 2106, Ankamius wrote:the hopeless romantic in me wants to agree to that but the rational part of me if slapping that other part of me down to the ground
you might want to sleep on it although, given I've been listening to his recommendation of music from , I'm liking Pvt on a personal level right now

I mean my read isn't more solid but he seems like a cool guy regardless of alignment
sure but I don't want to be stabbed in the back because I wasn't careful enough :(
I feel way more confident about Urist being town than Moment fwiw. I might even consider pairing with him myself, if you don’t want him.
Nuh uh

You're mine
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

How good is Nancy at reading you?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2132, PvtUrist wrote:
Spoiler: 2086
In post 2086, Something_Smart wrote:I am a beautiful lady :D

However, it is hard to follow Alisae... I definitely won't do eir slot justice. But I will try my best :]

Spoiler: 2089
In post 2089, Something_Smart wrote:However, what I won't do is read 83 pages. I'm usually fine going forward on replacing in, but my catchup reads are trash. I bet I'll do better keeping a clear head and an open mind.

Spoiler: 2091
In post 2091, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2087, Krazy wrote:Hi Something_Smart!

your predecessor claimed miller before she replaced out, would you like to confirm that roleclaim?
Oh really, Alisae only claimed the miller part? I'm actually a deathproof miller survivor dayvig. :shifty:

(And more importantly, I read open setups before replacing into them :P)

Spoiler: 2103
In post 2103, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2097, Krazy wrote:momentum
*rimshot*

Also, I've been thinking. Scum get to make someone an IC. It would help immensely if they couldn't pick someone everyone already knew was town. So it's probably not a good idea to be very vocal about your townreads. Hmm, if only there were some other thread you could post them in... :thonk:

So, yeah. Whoever dances with me, this is what we are going to be talking about. Ideally, I'd like it to be someone who also prefers townhunting to scumhunting.

FB, which one of these posts felt town to you?
I’d say NIA for now.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2195, RadiantCowbells wrote:I truly don't believe that Krazy takes a viewpoint that it's good for me to come to second dance as town

Maybe I'm seeing misplaced negativity that should take be there
Bear in mind I've had pretty good games with you on a stealth alt so if you're assuming I should be pushing you because you think I dislike you, you would be mistaken. Although no, I was not thrilled with your scum tactics in red flag, but that only matters if you rolled scum here.

Additionally, I have currently a 3/3 rate for early game reads on you. I have correctly sorted you in every game I have played with you where I did not know your alignment. What we have struggled with is working together (and you not advocating your own lynch, ie epic duel)
vote conspiracy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2200, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like if me/ND goes through regardless of my alignment if we don't get killed we are essentially de facto the endgame pairing. No one gets me lynched at that point. I would expect opposition from Krazy on the grounds that I'm an unsafe candidate for an endgame pairing: if I'm wrong on all of this Krazy you're welcome to talk more about this and help me understand where you are at.
stop planning end game shit
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:45 am

In post 2204, Krazy wrote:
In post 2195, RadiantCowbells wrote:I truly don't believe that Krazy takes a viewpoint that it's good for me to come to second dance as town

Bear in mind I've had pretty good games with you on a stealth alt so if you're assuming I should be pushing you because you think I dislike you, you would be mistaken. Although no, I was not thrilled with your scum tactics in red flag, but that only matters if you rolled scum here.

Additionally, I have currently a 3/3 rate for early game reads on you. I have correctly sorted you in every game I have played with you where I did not know your alignment. What we have struggled with is working together (and you not advocating your own lynch, ie epic duel)
I'm not taking personal. Strictly business. Do you really want me paired with someone who gives me a fairly easy walk to endgame if we both survive?

We will have to agree to disagree on your equity reading me, there are a lot of people over the years who have asserted that ability and all have failed the acid test of actually taking games off me
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2144, Allomancer wrote:
In post 2140, Taly wrote:
Allo
, there are multiple people you've said you want to partner with but they wouldn't accept

Why haven't you tried to mend that? And in the same breath, why are you wanting to wait close to deadline before pairs occur?
I don't know how to mend that. Also, I think the longer we have to form reads, the better. Not quickpairing is the same reason you don't quicklynch in mafia.
There’s a happy medium, I think? Equally unwise to pair too early and wait until near deadline.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Krazy »

My concern with nd/rc initially was that they do not survive intermission

But I've been warming to the idea, particularly since nancy is still getting at least some shade

Still it seems risky
vote conspiracy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Firebringer »

RC I am very worried about u pairing with someone who isn't at all willing to leave u at all. Because I am worried about you pocketing the person in case I am wrong about you. And don't you want to pair with someone you think has a mid chance of being scum so that it lowers your NK chances not increases the chances?

This feels very scary to me.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Krazy what are your reads rn and why? I want all of them and substantial explanation.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2206, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2204, Krazy wrote:

I'm not taking personal. Strictly business. Do you really want me paired with someone who gives me a fairly easy walk to endgame if we both survive?

We will have to agree to disagree on your equity reading me, there are a lot of people over the years who have asserted that ability and all have failed the acid test of actually taking games off me
I never said I could get you lynched lol

I read you as scum in red flag and then replaced out because I can't stand your scum play.

So I haven't beaten one of your scum teams yet and I'm not even saying I could, I just have no reason yer to doubt my ability to sort you individually
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2147, Something_Smart wrote:Okay not sure how far you wanted me to read but I disagree with both suggestions. Even if skipping the first dance is technically optimal, in practice 8 days is not enough time to solve a game.

And town's pre-dance reads are not going to be worth very much, so I think it's much more important that each person get a partner they can read, so they know when to leave the dance, or more importantly when NOT to leave the dance.

(If everyone could perfectly read their partner, unless scum paired with each other the game would be a perfect town win.)
I have to agree with this. This is making me feel better about SS and worse about Moment, since he doesn’t seem to get the importance of pairs coordinating well with each other.

If pairs don’t get along, what information will be gained?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 am

Oh we probably don't but there's other pairings I can (possibly) set up that I think are locktown

Fire you know I was town in the last game and my approach was to take a locktown player. I am doing the same thing here. The fact that I think ND will basically never walk out on me is a plus from the POV of me being town, no?

Not to assume anything fypov ND but I think that like Taly could prolly be easily swayed by scum to dump me in late game
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I agree 100% with RC and trust Nancy to leave the dance as soon as she feels RC is going on a rampage.

PvtUrist should start talking with Gamma.

DanceFloor should kiss me already.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't trust Nancy to leave someone unless she actually wants to. She is the most stubborn player here.
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:53 am

In post 2215, Firebringer wrote:I don't trust Nancy to leave someone unless she actually wants to. She is the most stubborn player here.
I know that I'm town though.

Why wouldn't I want someone who isn't going to walk out?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2210, Gamma Emerald wrote:Krazy what are your reads rn and why? I want all of them and substantial explanation.

I don't think my list from a while back has dramatically shifted. Alisae scumlean, thebrie null but lowest no so default to null-scum, still thinking about pb

Worm went up a bit, still working on bottom gent order, dt kinda sitting at the bottom with moment but I kinda doubt they're both scum and aren't even feeling great I have 1 in the 2, just a poe basically

How are you on reads rn? Who is your bottom ladies/gents?
vote conspiracy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2216, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2215, Firebringer wrote:I don't trust Nancy to leave someone unless she actually wants to. She is the most stubborn player here.
I know that I'm town though.

Why wouldn't I want someone who isn't going to walk out?
You can want it. I am just saying this is a concern for me because first of all I think ur more useful paired to someone that you could kill if you figured out they were scum.

Also as Krazy suggests if both of u and nancy are town. U are 100% dying.
Show

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2148, Taly wrote:
S_S
do you have a read on
Allo
or could you look at him? Since you'd have a less biased eye, being a replace-in.
In post 2158, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2154, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2066, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2020, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1997, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1951, Allomancer wrote:well me, pvt, and dt are all town so there's that
yo maybe this is the scum team
That isn’t possible. They can’t all be all gents or all ladies. I’m assuming that since we have 9 gents to 8 ladies, probably 2 gents and 1 lady?
This isn't true??? I don't think it's too important rn anyways, whilst I'm still working on reads like I am
What isn’t true? The scumteam can’t all be ladies or all gents and with a 9-8 ratio of gents-ladies, don’t you think 2 scum gents-1 scum lady, makes the most sense?
I mean the "all can't be one gender" thing. Pretty sure in past games FG has said it's possible.
I think Firebringer has the best track record of being in them so Fire can you back me up?
I wasn’t talking about actual gender but are you saying that you really think the scumteam could be either all ladies or all gents?

Beacause I don’t think that’s ever happened before in this kind of setup.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:56 am

If I can soak up the nightkill I've done my job

If scum thinks some other pairing is unlynchable whereas I can be paranoia fucked to death then maybe I won't.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Krazy »

I just think nancy is more useful sorting someone in a pt who is less town than herself

But there is merit in pairing her with someone that will give her high wim
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2220, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I can soak up the nightkill I've done my job

If scum thinks some other pairing is unlynchable whereas I can be paranoia fucked to death then maybe I won't.
Yeah, bear in mind tho I would prefer if one of you and nancy is alive in dance 2

I don't want to pair you with nancy because that is like asking nancy to probably die
vote conspiracy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Firebringer »

it helps the game state in a lot of ways if they die imo. that might be a little mean.
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:59 am

There's other obvtown people to carry the torch after were gone though

I wish Firebringer paired with me but

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”