Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2219, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I wasn’t talking about actual gender but are you saying that you really think the scumteam could be either all ladies or all gents?

Beacause I don’t think that’s ever happened before in this kind of setup.
I believe the scumteam is random, so the odds of this happening are somewhere in the ballpark of 1/8. Just because it's never happened doesn't mean it's impossible.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:00 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 2225, Krazy wrote:I would support ank/rc tbh

Not sure either is that into it tho and I dont want to fuck with wim
I don't want to pair with someone with decent wolf equity
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2159, Something_Smart wrote:I don't see anything in the rules to suggest that the scum can't all be one gender.
They weren’t in Witches’ Ball. Can anyone who was in past FG dance games, confirm this? That none of the past FG dances were all 1 gender? Thanks.

I mean, I suppose it’s possible? \_0_/
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Krazy »

Alright im gonna take a shower and have some breakfast and then see what all I missed last night
vote conspiracy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Firebringer »

none of the previous dance games had all scum of one gender.
FG does a RNG for alignments among player list.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2219, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2158, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2154, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2066, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2020, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1997, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1951, Allomancer wrote:well me, pvt, and dt are all town so there's that
yo maybe this is the scum team
That isn’t possible. They can’t all be all gents or all ladies. I’m assuming that since we have 9 gents to 8 ladies, probably 2 gents and 1 lady?
This isn't true??? I don't think it's too important rn anyways, whilst I'm still working on reads like I am
What isn’t true? The scumteam can’t all be ladies or all gents and with a 9-8 ratio of gents-ladies, don’t you think 2 scum gents-1 scum lady, makes the most sense?
I mean the "all can't be one gender" thing. Pretty sure in past games FG has said it's possible.
I think Firebringer has the best track record of being in them so Fire can you back me up?
I wasn’t talking about actual gender but are you saying that you really think the scumteam could be either all ladies or all gents?

Beacause I don’t think that’s ever happened before in this kind of setup.
Yeah I don't think it's happened but I don't think it's impossible.
@Krazy reads are coming along, could you repost your read list so I can digest it?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:03 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

ND why haven't you commented on anything I've said or anyone's said about you this page lol
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Firebringer »

She posts like she is mathblade, what do u expect.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2165, RadiantCowbells wrote:At this point my partner choices are Taly/ND I think
So, that would mean, I likely get partnered with you or Krazy then, since both of you want Taly/me?

Dann/Urist/DT also needs to be paired up, as well.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2173, Vedith wrote:
In post 2172, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Krazy, you’re so bad.
Do you think anyone would ever fall for this?
No, of course not. You just don’t know Krazy. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2179, RadiantCowbells wrote:Moment, TheBrie, SS, Pvturists are my strongest wolf reads as of right now. I'm very uncomfortable with how closely that aligns with sorting by post count. Hopefully one of them does something to show me that I'm wrong?
I’m concerned about Brie being possible mislynchbait though. So many people were so quick to jump on her, so fast, it concerned me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2180, Firebringer wrote:I want to be one of ur strongest wolf reads ;(
Would you settle for being one of my strongest canine reads? :P
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2182, RadiantCowbells wrote:Taly I think is most likely village!
Yep, bleeding town.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2189, Firebringer wrote:has anyone read PinkBalls iso this game and just gone "wow this is a good read. 10/10 funniest best posts in this game".
Yeah, he’s mking this game fun. PB is the anti-moment.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2045, PvtUrist wrote:scum!Urist vs town!Dann; Urist attacking an universally read town and is making a dumb move.

scum!Urist vs scum!Dann; Urist attacking an universal town read and is making a dumb move.
Slept on it, and I think I figured out what was bothering me about this.

Scum can attack people who probably won't get lynched precisely because people can write it off as a dumb town tunnel. It gives you a template of how to play the game without actually having to risk suspicious pushes. Maybe that's too WIFOM. What really bothers me is the fact you tried to lampshade your play twice in a row without attempting to improve it.
In post 2236, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’m concerned about Brie being possible mislynchbait though. So many people were so quick to jump on her, so fast, it concerned me.
I don't really think theBrie is scum either.

Like other people have mentioned, my readslist are correlating somewhat with postcount. I'm pretty confident in some of my town reads though, so I'd say it's possible this is just a more town controlled game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2191, Something_Smart wrote:As long as people talk about the game, sorting will be possible. Doesn't mean you need a complete moratorium on discussing townreads but if most people don't do it (or at the very least, if people don't say which townreads are their strongest), it will be hard for scum to know where town's collective head is at.
I still think unless you have an actual hierarchy or lynch order, it’s not going to make that much of a difference to scum but if people are making questionable reads for not really great reasons, that I think, is still the best way to sort people, Do you disagree with that?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:20 am

In post 2189, Firebringer wrote:has anyone read PinkBalls iso this game and just gone "wow this is a good read. 10/10 funniest best posts in this game".
I was in agreement until I got to the part where he said he didn't like U2. :shifty:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:21 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2147, Something_Smart wrote:Okay not sure how far you wanted me to read but I disagree with both suggestions. Even if skipping the first dance is technically optimal, in practice 8 days is not enough time to solve a game.

And town's pre-dance reads are not going to be worth very much, so I think it's much more important that each person get a partner they can read, so they know when to leave the dance, or more importantly when NOT to leave the dance.
Both of these points seem false, and I'm not sure what it tells me about S_S's alignment here but it doesn't make me feel better about that slot

-Long deadlines tend to favor scum more than town
-In Halloweens' Ball, the solve was primarily determined in pre-dance, so it's not like it can't happen

I think treating dance 2 like a blitz is still fine, although again, if we get a red flip early in dance 1 we can actually play it out from there without worrying about vedith nearly as much
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2241, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:it’s not going to make that much of a difference to scum but if people are making questionable reads for not really great reasons, that I think, is still the best way to sort people, Do you disagree with that?
Honestly this is where my scum reads on Pvt and Allo come from. They both feel similar to "having reads just for the sake of having reads"

Nancy, what are Pink Ball's favorite flowers?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:23 am

In post 2241, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I still think unless you have an actual hierarchy or lynch order, it’s not going to make that much of a difference to scum but if people are making questionable reads for not really great reasons, that I think, is still the best way to sort people, Do you disagree with that?
I will grant that preferred sorting methods differ from person to person. I don't think that "questionable reads for not really great reasons" is something easy to sort based off of, but maybe other people have had success with that method.

And you don't need to give a hierarchy to give information to scum... any statement of "X is obvtown", "X is locktown", "I'm never voting X", etc, gives scum a hint for who to IC.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2194, Something_Smart wrote:In this case it can help both town and scum.

Or maybe an interesting twist is: don't talk about your read on your partner unless you strongly scumread them and are considering leaving. That way, if scum IC a townie with a strong townread on their partner it might turn into a town autowin.
Could be but coming from someone who was fooled by scum in a hood in Labrynth, I’m not sure how much confidence the rest of town ought ought to have on that read, if the majority disagree with it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2175, Firebringer wrote:How the hell is Alisae scummy?!?
Fire can you expand on what you townread from Alisae?
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:25 am

In post 2243, Krazy wrote:-Long deadlines tend to favor scum more than town
To a point, sure. But I for one have a life and don't want to be forced to solve in 8 days. If I did I'd have joined a blitz game :P
-In Halloweens' Ball, the solve was primarily determined in pre-dance, so it's not like it can't happen
Yes, it can happen, but in my experience it's the exception rather than the rule. Definitely not something I'd like to count on.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:25 am

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 2244, Dannflor wrote: Honestly this is where my scum reads on Pvt and Allo come from. They both feel similar to "having reads just for the sake of having reads"
Oh no. No no no.

Can't bait me if I have my mouth closed :shifty:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”