Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2195, RadiantCowbells wrote:I truly don't believe that Krazy takes a viewpoint that it's good for me to come to second dance as town

Maybe I'm seeing misplaced negativity that should take be there

But I kinda see Krazy as the kind of player who would pull a Mathdino and try to prevent me bring paired with townreads and just try to get me lynched in the Poe pool

Maybe I'm reading imagined stuff into it but that's where my head is at

I'm also uncomfortable with the argument between his/ank but in that case I have problems with it happening at all on both sides and not really sure who the scummy one is? but I do get the distinct gut impression that at least one side of that debate was a wolf
I dunno, I currently townread both of them, especially Ank. She is my strongest townread, based on meta.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2246, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Could be but coming from someone who was fooled by scum in a hood in Labrynth, I’m not sure how much confidence the rest of town ought ought to have on that read, if the majority disagree with it.
I mean, it's your prerogative to not use your hood. If you're afraid of being pocketed by it, then it's understandable.

I didn't solely mean that we should pair with people we can read
in a hood
, but rather just people we can read in general.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Taly »

Phonepost

Meh S_S felt dodgy with his reply, referring to only Allo's posts since he replaced in... I'm not convinced of him either way yet and I'd like to see the rationale for him to be town there.

RC, why do you think I'd be a good partner choice?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 am

In post 2244, Dannflor wrote:Honestly this is where my scum reads on Pvt and Allo come from. They both feel similar to "having reads just for the sake of having reads"
I don't think that's actually a scum trait. Town feel the pressure to generate reads as much as scum do.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2197, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 2192, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2189, Firebringer wrote:has anyone read PinkBalls iso this game and just gone "wow this is a good read. 10/10 funniest best posts in this game".
not being sarcastic. PB iso is delicious.
Nancy I know you got some beef in the past with this bitch (female dog) but she's OUR bitch now
I tend to trust anyone who has a good sense of humour in general, so there’s that. :P

What I do know is this: A game with moment and not you, is a game I don’t want to be in.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:31 am

In post 2252, Taly wrote:Meh S_S felt dodgy with his reply, referring to only Allo's posts since he replaced in...
Context is everything.

If I have no context, I have nothing.

I do not want to have nothing.

Ergo, I won't take stuff out of context :P

If you want to point me to specific posts or sections and give me enough context to understand what's going on, you're more than welcome. But that might violate the "unbiased eye" specification.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2253, Something_Smart wrote:I don't think that's actually a scum trait. Town feel the pressure to generate reads as much as scum do.
I think town are more willing to admit their reads are bad/lazy or that they just don't have strong reads on anyone.

To be fair, Pvt has been more open on this than Allo, but that's why he's higher for me
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2198, RadiantCowbells wrote:Dannflor iso is fakeable but definitely veers heavily to town

Anyone hav scum dannflor meta?
In post 2200, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like if me/ND goes through regardless of my alignment if we don't get killed we are essentially de facto the endgame pairing. No one gets me lynched at that point. I would expect opposition from Krazy on the grounds that I'm an unsafe candidate for an endgame pairing: if I'm wrong on all of this Krazy you're welcome to talk more about this and help me understand where you are at.
So, you disagree with Krazy that we would be the most likely NK then? That would be my main concern with pairing with you.

I think if you pair with Taly over me, the chances of that happening increase exponentially.

I think Taly is the most widely obvtownread lady - if not player - in this setup. Not a single person in this game, has said otherwise.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2179, RadiantCowbells wrote:Moment, TheBrie, SS, Pvturists
can you talk more on Moment and Pvt when you get a chance
In post 2226, Something_Smart wrote:I believe the scumteam is random,
SS might be scum
In post 2248, Something_Smart wrote:If I did I'd have joined a blitz game
you joined a game that MUST end within 26 days, and that usually ends in around 20. Right now this game is likely to match that within 2 days, if Dance 1 goes at the pace I have proposed it go at. I am not asking you to solve the game in 8 days, I'm asking you to solve it in 18.
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:38 am

In post 2256, Dannflor wrote:I think town are more willing to admit their reads are bad/lazy or that they just don't have strong reads on anyone.
That's a good point. I guess the way it works is, if you're in a situation of having no good reads, you can either admit it or force some. Town in that situation are more likely to do the former. But it might be that town are also more likely to get into that situation in the first place? Because town have to form reads off of what they believe, but scum can form reads off of things they believe or things they don't.

That question isn't a simple one like the others. Regardless though your answer was good.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Taly »

Nancy wrote:I think if you pair with Taly over me, the chances of that happening increase exponentially.

I think Taly is the most widely obvtownread lady - if not player - in this setup. Not a single person in this game, has said otherwise.
Literally this is the one thing I was trying to avoid lol... cue paranoia.

Why am I town again?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2257, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I think Taly is the most widely obvtownread lady - if not player - in this setup. Not a single person in this game, has said otherwise.
I claim scum \o/
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2201, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2200, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like if me/ND goes through regardless of my alignment if we don't get killed we are essentially de facto the endgame pairing. No one gets me lynched at that point. I would expect opposition from Krazy on the grounds that I'm an unsafe candidate for an endgame pairing: if I'm wrong on all of this Krazy you're welcome to talk more about this and help me understand where you are at.
In post 2199, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2114, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2109, Krazy wrote:
In post 2106, Ankamius wrote:the hopeless romantic in me wants to agree to that but the rational part of me if slapping that other part of me down to the ground
you might want to sleep on it although, given I've been listening to his recommendation of music from , I'm liking Pvt on a personal level right now

I mean my read isn't more solid but he seems like a cool guy regardless of alignment
sure but I don't want to be stabbed in the back because I wasn't careful enough :(
I feel way more confident about Urist being town than Moment fwiw. I might even consider pairing with him myself, if you don’t want him.
Nuh uh

You're mine

Spoiler:

You haven’t issued me a formal invitation yet? :wink:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:40 am

In post 2258, Krazy wrote:you joined a game that MUST end within 26 days, and that usually ends in around 20. Right now this game is likely to match that within 2 days, if Dance 1 goes at the pace I have proposed it go at. I am not asking you to solve the game in 8 days, I'm asking you to solve it in 18.
What is the pace you currently think Dance 1 should go at?

I haven't read much of your ISO, only the beginning.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2263, Something_Smart wrote:What is the pace you currently think Dance 1 should go at?
Unless we get a red flip in the pre-dance exclusion, I think the first lynch should happen within 12 hours of daybreak.
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2202, Something_Smart wrote:How good is Nancy at reading you?
RC hasn’t said anything that strikes me as remotely agendy. I’ve never played with scum!him but I just don’t think this is it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 2264, Krazy wrote:
In post 2263, Something_Smart wrote:What is the pace you currently think Dance 1 should go at?
Unless we get a red flip in the pre-dance exclusion, I think the first lynch should happen within 12 hours of daybreak.
no no no no no why
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:46 am

Oh, here's a question about the mechanics that I was thinking about. To Krazy, but anyone can answer. How often do you think we should utilize lynching versus leaving?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:47 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Say you're mine
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2267, Something_Smart wrote:How often do you think we should utilize lynching versus leaving?
ask firebringer

we should always lynch

and that is definitely something that will not happen
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

Leaving is probably only for extreme circumstances. Over relying on it probably means we have less associative tells to work with
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 am

In post 2265, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’ve never played with scum!him but I just don’t think this is it.
Scum-RC's basically a god of scumplay. No, he's not ACTUALLY a god of scumplay, but he's BASICALLY a god of scumplay...

RC is a very strong scum player. Since you haven't played with him as scum, I'd recommend you not allow him to get above null-town unless you're explicitly sheeping someone else who knows him better.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:51 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 2271, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2265, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’ve never played with scum!him but I just don’t think this is it.
Scum-RC's basically a god of scumplay. No, he's not ACTUALLY a god of scumplay, but he's BASICALLY a god of scumplay...

RC is a very strong scum player. Since you haven't played with him as scum, I'd recommend you not allow him to get above null-town unless you're explicitly sheeping someone else who knows him better.
Who knows him better again?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2208, Krazy wrote:My concern with nd/rc initially was that they do not survive intermission

But I've been warming to the idea, particularly since nancy is still getting at least some shade

Still it seems risky
I think RC/Taly doesn’t survive until endgame, if RC’s town. Like you said, I am not the most obvtown read lady in this setup, so scum can still try to push either of us. You disagree?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:51 am

I'm not sure how I feel about leaving because it is obviously very powerful if done right. I definitely agree that nobody should leave without asking permission from at least a few people first.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”