RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:38 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Why are you asking specifically
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 am

I really don't understand where you're coming from with most things Krazy
Why are you trying to convince me not to take ND
If it's a worry of her getting pocketed or nightkilled why not ask her
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Krazy »

Your Taly read is kinda unexplained and there are some holes in your reads right now
vote conspiracy
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 am

Post by Vedith »

Okay, here's my 2 pence. RC with either SS or Taly. \o/
I claim scum \o/
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:41 am

I don't think that unexplained reads are scumtells

How do you define 'holes'
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2244, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2241, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:it’s not going to make that much of a difference to scum but if people are making questionable reads for not really great reasons, that I think, is still the best way to sort people, Do you disagree with that?
Honestly this is where my scum reads on Pvt and Allo come from. They both feel similar to "having reads just for the sake of having reads"

Nancy, what are Pink Ball's favorite flowers?
I have no idea, sorry. I’ve already said mine are lillacs. My dad planted a lillac garden for me.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2329, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think that unexplained reads are scumtells

How do you define 'holes'
search your iso for "Gamma"
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:42 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2328, Vedith wrote:RC with ... SS
That would give me very unpleasant Lone Wolf flashbacks.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2245, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2241, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I still think unless you have an actual hierarchy or lynch order, it’s not going to make that much of a difference to scum but if people are making questionable reads for not really great reasons, that I think, is still the best way to sort people, Do you disagree with that?
I will grant that preferred sorting methods differ from person to person. I don't think that "questionable reads for not really great reasons" is something easy to sort based off of, but maybe other people have had success with that method.

And you don't need to give a hierarchy to give information to scum... any statement of "X is obvtown", "X is locktown", "I'm never voting X", etc, gives scum a hint for who to IC.
But then. on what basis do you suggest we pair up?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 am

If you think I'm a wolf why not try to convince ND to not pair with me as opposed to trying to convince someone acting in bad faith to make a different decision for... I'm not sure what town or scum me is supposed to get out of not pairing ND

I don't have a gamma read
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2329, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't think that unexplained reads are scumtells
I don't think I accused you of being scum so this is kind of an odd statement
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2249, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 2244, Dannflor wrote: Honestly this is where my scum reads on Pvt and Allo come from. They both feel similar to "having reads just for the sake of having reads"
Oh no. No no no.

Can't bait me if I have my mouth closed :shifty:
Huh?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:45 am

In post 2333, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But then. on what basis do you suggest we pair up?
Pair with someone you can work well together with and someone you can read.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:45 am

In post 2335, Krazy wrote:
I don't think I accused you of being scum so this is kind of an odd statement
Ok so if having holes in my reads is not a scumtell

And you don't think that I'm scum

What precisely is your objection to me pairing Nancy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:45 am

And/or, I suppose. But both would be preferable.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2251, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2246, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Could be but coming from someone who was fooled by scum in a hood in Labrynth, I’m not sure how much confidence the rest of town ought ought to have on that read, if the majority disagree with it.
I mean, it's your prerogative to not use your hood. If you're afraid of being pocketed by it, then it's understandable.

I didn't solely mean that we should pair with people we can read
in a hood
, but rather just people we can read in general.
Well, it’s a shame I can’t pair with Ank, in that case.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2334, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not sure what town or scum me is supposed to get out of not pairing ND
town you gets Nancy Drew alive second dance to be partnered with a townpair you're confident in

I guess I don't get why you're acting like you will definitely be alive second dance or why you want to be paired with someone who is widely townread

in halloween's ball you picked someone that you thought was being unfairly scumread and thus the scum nightkill was focused on you and that player was prevented from being mislynched

so I don't see why it feels like you are shifting strategies when you had one that worked well I guess
vote conspiracy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:47 am

In post 2341, Krazy wrote:halloween's ball you picked someone that you thought was being unfairly scumread and thus the scum nightkill was focused on you and that player was prevented from being mislynched
This is inaccurate

I picked someone who was 100% town and I picked them early because I saw they were getting upset and I wanted to keep them happy.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2256, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2253, Something_Smart wrote:I don't think that's actually a scum trait. Town feel the pressure to generate reads as much as scum do.
I think town are more willing to admit their reads are bad/lazy or that they just don't have strong reads on anyone.

To be fair, Pvt has been more open on this than Allo, but that's why he's higher for me
I view that as NAI. I’ve seen both town and scum do that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:48 am

I certainly don't think it's a good idea for everyone to try to pair up with someone they townread.

People who are obvtown as town should pair with other townread players. But people who are not often or easily townread should pair with other people like that. In particular, if two common scumreads pair with each other it becomes very awkward for scum if one of them is scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:48 am

If I wanted to pick someone who I thought was being wrongly scumread I would have picked Maria. Sakura Hana being unfairly scumread was unrelated to her being locktown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:49 am

If I had not been conftown I would have pretended to townread LLD, paired with her, and immediately left.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2342, RadiantCowbells wrote:I picked someone who was 100% town and I picked them early because I saw they were getting upset and I wanted to keep them happy.
ok that's fair, and as I said, if Nancy is just uninterested in a different dance partner that's fair

I just don't think it's wise to put all our eggs in one basket, but I'm not like deathly opposed to this

although I would like to see you sort Gamma since I'd just like your opinion on that slot regardless of other matters
vote conspiracy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:50 am

I don't consider it putting all our eggs in one basket
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2344, Something_Smart wrote:I certainly don't think it's a good idea for everyone to try to pair up with someone they townread.
I mean the pairings should be informed by some kind of read otherwise the pre-dance is uninformative for town

This is like the 4th thing you've said now that seemed ??? btw
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”