Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2595, Moment wrote:
In post 2479, Krazy wrote:like if Moment is just going to be completely inactive in your PT, like he is in thread, why wouldn't you just continue sorting and playing the game?
I'm not "inactive" this game. I have a reasonable level of activity for any game other than one in which upwards of thirty posts are made every twenty four hours and I resent the implication otherwise.

In no way can I be called inactive. Sorry that I don't have a three page ISO and respond to every garbage post in the thread like Nancy Drew does. My first post in this game came before I would even be in prod range and there were already 35 posts.
:roll:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Taly »

If anyone feels pessimistic about the game, then they should probably give it a break, otherwise they're just mixing emotionally counterproductive thoughts into the game narrative.
Ankamius wrote:
In post 2586, Taly wrote:
In post 2582, Ankamius wrote:Like I think people are forgetting that RC literally said that he would specifically look to get me lynched once the dance starts, and yet there is enough support for me to get a relatively town partner that having that go down would be even worse than both of us dying at the start of first dance.
What part of this is specific to
RC's scumrange
?

To an extent, you're letting your pre-game disconnect muddle your thinking, and I think my indignation is pretty well-justified. :mad:
???

Do you think my reasoning is inherently wrong?
Your reasons are valid, but I don't see why you're pairing with
RC
if you're entertaining leaving in the first place?

And if I'm wrong here, then your reasons for your scumread(or read at all) on RC and the reason you paired with him are both unclear to me.
Ankamius wrote:IF WE ARE BOTH TOWN

THEN US NOT PAIRING TOGETHER IS ALSO BAD FOR THE GAME
So... You don't actually have a definite read on
RC
?

This is a yes or no question.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2587, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why? I think the game just got lost.
Attitude like this to 1 pairing, I can see why the game was restarted from so many replace outs.
That's a magnificent 4 :down: :down: :down: :down: from me!
I claim scum \o/
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Moment »

In post 2597, Ankamius wrote:Moment what do your reads looks like currently?
{Dannflor, Dr Worm, Vedith, Ankamius, Firebringer, SS, TheBrie, Taly} town.

That leaves {PvtUrist, Krazy, RC, Allomancer, DT, Nancy, Gamma, Pink Ball}.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:13 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 2517, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can everyone in their next post rank the ladies and gentlemen from towniest to least? Give reasons for top 4 at least
Gents

Allo
Thomas
Moment
Urist
Krazy
Dann
Worm
Vedith
RC

Ladies

Taly
fb
Ank
TheBrie
PB
GE
SS
ND
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2604, Allomancer wrote:Worm
Vedith
Beaten by a worm! AN ACTUAL WORM! :cry:
I claim scum \o/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2601, Taly wrote:So... You don't actually have a definite read on
RC
?

Not now, no

I thought RCs reentrance into the game today was incredibly scummy, the pairing and post-pairing content is just pushing it more towards the null line.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2599, Ankamius wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2391, Ankamius wrote:RC here's what I'm confused about, not going into your scumread on me which I mentioned is really fucking weird.

If your other wolfreads are not going to reach endgame, why are you that opposed to pairing with me since you can ensure I die that way?
In post 2392, Ankamius wrote:Thats dissonance and I really really REALLY do not like that

RC is probably scum.
In post 2394, Ankamius wrote:It's kind of telling that your stance on it is that you don't want to match someone with scum equity instead.
In post 2401, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2323, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't townread ankamius and I'm going to be hard angling to kill her in first dance while I'm definitively alive to make it happen tbh

All my other wolfread aren't going to endgsney
Then what is this RC
In post 2405, Ankamius wrote:What does that matter? Either I'm getting to endgame or I'm not. Which is it?
In post 2410, Ankamius wrote:You literally said you "all my other wolfreads aren't getting to endgame"

And then you say you won't pair with me because I won't get to endgame.

How is any of that disingenuous.

yeah I didn't have any of my own reasons for that nancy
Don’t you think I could have gotten through to him? But everyone always underestimates me. I hydra’d with RC. I would have been able to convince him. What I forsee happening is that based on what I’ve seen so far, the two of you, will just implode. Prove me wrong. Taly is completely right to be pissed.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2601, Taly wrote:Your reasons are valid, but I don't see why you're pairing with
RC
I get where this confusion came from.

That changed when I started getting a sense of where the gamestate was at and how scum were fitting into it. I'm pretty confident now that I'll still be able to make a difference towards building a winning gametstate for town even without making it past first dance.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2606, Ankamius wrote:
RC
?

Not now, no

I thought RCs reentrance into the game today was incredibly scummy, the pairing and post-pairing content is just pushing it more towards the null line.
Then I'm at a loss at trying to understand your read progression on him, but focusing on this now isn't helpful because you and
RC
are NO longer partner opportunities even WHEN both of you haven't FULLY analyzed and made a stance in this game.

I need a break from this conversation and I need to respond to other posts here, and finally pump out a readslist so I can have a shred of coherency.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2602, Vedith wrote:
In post 2587, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why? I think the game just got lost.
Attitude like this to 1 pairing, I can see why the game was restarted from so many replace outs.
That's a magnificent 4 :down: :down: :down: :down: from me!
In what world am I wrong here? Do you honestly think that the two of them, just by magically sharing a PT, is suddenly going to change their reads on each other?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2607, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2391, Ankamius wrote:RC here's what I'm confused about, not going into your scumread on me which I mentioned is really fucking weird.

If your other wolfreads are not going to reach endgame, why are you that opposed to pairing with me since you can ensure I die that way?
In post 2392, Ankamius wrote:Thats dissonance and I really really REALLY do not like that

RC is probably scum.
In post 2394, Ankamius wrote:It's kind of telling that your stance on it is that you don't want to match someone with scum equity instead.
In post 2323, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't townread ankamius and I'm going to be hard angling to kill her in first dance while I'm definitively alive to make it happen tbh

Then what is this RC
In post 2405, Ankamius wrote:What does that matter? Either I'm getting to endgame or I'm not. Which is it?
In post 2410, Ankamius wrote:You literally said you "all my other wolfreads aren't getting to endgame"

Don’t you think I could have gotten through to him? But everyone always underestimates me. I hydra’d with RC. I would have been able to convince him. What I forsee happening is that based on what I’ve seen so far, the two of you, will just implode. Prove me wrong. Taly is completely right to be pissed.
honestly, I have no real qualms of working with him if he decides to try to work with me, and I've already stated multiple times that at the very least, I'm not going to consider suiciding until we reach second dance (and more than likely, it would probably be when there's only 3 pairings left or roughly that ballpark if I do at all).

the bigger pressing issue with that is that he is so convinced of his scumread of me that he's willing to suicide
at the start of first dance
to take me out.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2604, Allomancer wrote:
In post 2517, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can everyone in their next post rank the ladies and gentlemen from towniest to least? Give reasons for top 4 at least
Gents

Allo
Thomas
Moment
Urist
Krazy
Dann
Worm
Vedith
RC

Ladies

Taly
fb
Ank
TheBrie
PB
GE
SS
ND
<3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Taly »

Nancy
, say something positive or game-advancing and people will be more apt to listen.

Not that you're not doing this - but when you post something like
"this game is lost"
then it's a disconnect and a source for people to think you're producing a scum narrative.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Krazy »

Nancy, I suggested Ank/RC because I was proposing it as a final 10 pairing.

So saying I suggested RC pair Ank for them to divebomb each other is unfair.
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2608, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2601, Taly wrote:Your reasons are valid, but I don't see why you're pairing with
RC

That changed when I started getting a sense of where the gamestate was at and how scum were fitting into it. I'm pretty confident now that I'll still be able to make a difference towards building a winning gametstate for town even without making it past first dance.
How so?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2609, Taly wrote:
In post 2606, Ankamius wrote:
RC
?

Not now, no

Then I'm at a loss at trying to understand your read progression on him, but focusing on this now isn't helpful because you and
RC
are NO longer partner opportunities even WHEN both of you haven't FULLY analyzed and made a stance in this game.

I need a break from this conversation and I need to respond to other posts here, and finally pump out a readslist so I can have a shred of coherency.
I only pressed the issue because RC specifically tried to sidestep the issue when I asked him about that dissonance instead of giving me a straight answer
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2610, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:In what world am I wrong here? Do you honestly think that the two of them, just by magically sharing a PT, is suddenly going to change their reads on each other?
I don't care if Ank convinces RC that she's the Easter bunny, the fact people are dramatically over reacting to something and giving the town a massive negative attitude to already losing, or town being doomed is fucking tragic.
Even if they walk dance 1, dance 2, dance 15 or whatever, it doesn't mean shit right now.
I claim scum \o/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2615, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2608, Ankamius wrote:
RC

How so?
I don't think I'm that far off with my reads

the problem is more who in my PoE list is actually scum and who is just town that I can't see as town yet
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2611, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2607, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Spoiler:

RC is probably scum.

Then what is this RC

honestly, I have no real qualms of working with him if he decides to try to work with me, and I've already stated multiple times that at the very least, I'm not going to consider suiciding until we reach second dance (and more than likely, it would probably be when there's only 3 pairings left or roughly that ballpark if I do at all).

the bigger pressing issue with that is that he is so convinced of his scumread of me that he's willing to suicide
at the start of first dance
to take me out.
But by pairing up with him, you’ve handed him that power, don’t you see? Had he paired with me OTOH, he would have not had the power to take you out, because then he’d actually have had to persuade people to lynch you.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2619, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But by pairing up with him, you’ve handed him that power, don’t you see? Had he paired with me OTOH, he would have not had the power to take you out, because then he’d actually have had to persuade people to lynch you.
even if he doesn't actually succeed with that, it's still a huge diversion and you should know me well enough that I'm not going to just let him get away with that without getting up in his face back

that's essentially the same thing, except with a lot more thread vomit attached
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Taly »

RC/Ank
can be town/town...

I actually had a good reason to think
RC
was town and debated offering him a dance tomorrow or later had
Krazy
gone with someone like
Nancy

Ank
no longer makes sense as scum or town to me; but I think only town would make me feel this way.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

sorry for creating this situation and pissing a lot of you off

but I don't regret this, I think that it's better to have the damage be isolated to pre-dance rather than take over first dance.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2613, Taly wrote:
Nancy
, say something positive or game-advancing and people will be more apt to listen.

Not that you're not doing this - but when you post something like
"this game is lost"
then it's a disconnect and a source for people to think you're producing a scum narrative.
I’m upset because I think they’re going to take each other out in 1st Dance, where as had they partnered with others, they’d have to convince others, so that would have been a lot less likely to happen, so I think we’re losing likely two top towns, right off the bat, so I don’t understand why people are telling me not to feel pessimistic about that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

a better focus is to get two pairings as close to locktown as possible, that way it's still genuinely hard for scum to win this game

you don't need a huge amount of scumhunting power as long as the post-intermission gamestate is not in a bad spot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”