Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2623, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2613, Taly wrote:
Nancy
, say something positive or game-advancing and people will be more apt to listen.

Not that you're not doing this - but when you post something like
"this game is lost"
then it's a disconnect and a source for people to think you're producing a scum narrative.
I’m upset because I think they’re going to take each other out in 1st Dance, where as had they partnered with others, they’d have to convince others, so that would have been a lot less likely to happen, so I think we’re losing likely two top towns, right off the bat, so I don’t understand why people are telling me not to feel pessimistic about that.
we only have two pairings set up

there's still plenty of room to create a won gamestate
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Taly »

RC
and I have a lot of experience together and I just wanted to see if partnering with him would be optimal here.
Ankamius wrote:like

sorry for creating this situation and pissing a lot of you off

but I don't regret this, I think that it's better to have the damage be isolated to pre-dance rather than take over first dance.
eh. I could've reacted better. I see your stance. I have reason to think you're both town, even though I don't really like either of your approaches here.

"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2623, Nancy Drew 39 wrote: I’m upset because I think they’re going to take each other out in 1st Dance, where as had they partnered with others, they’d have to convince others, so that would have been a lot less likely to happen, so I think we’re losing likely two top towns, right off the bat, so I don’t understand why people are telling me not to feel pessimistic about that.
I think this whole fiasco has eased their paranoia, which makes it less likely for a yolo bombing to occur. If they're able to work together in the PT, the pairing could turn really good

Does anyone object to me asking Nancy to the dance? soon™
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2614, Krazy wrote:Nancy, I suggested Ank/RC because I was proposing it as a final 10 pairing.

So saying I suggested RC pair Ank for them to divebomb each other is unfair.
Weren’t you reading their posts to each other? You were basing it on your reads on them, INDIVIDUALLY, not how they would coordinate together and that’s why I’m doubling and tripling down on why that’s so important. The person you pair with, has tremendous power to impact the game, and that isn’t a good thing when two of your townreads scumread each other, is it?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2626, Taly wrote:
RC
and I have a lot of experience together and I just wanted to see if partnering with him would be optimal here.
Ankamius wrote:like

sorry for creating this situation and pissing a lot of you off

but I don't regret this, I think that it's better to have the damage be isolated to pre-dance rather than take over first dance.
eh. I could've reacted better. I see your stance. I have reason to think you're both town, even though I don't really like either of your approaches here.

I've always been open to being convinced that RC is town

I think the evidence supports otherwise, but I'm also well aware that I'm not exactly the best person to sort him

the part that really concerns me is if RC is town, I'm pretty sure this is the first time he has ever read me incorrectly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2617, Vedith wrote:
In post 2610, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:In what world am I wrong here? Do you honestly think that the two of them, just by magically sharing a PT, is suddenly going to change their reads on each other?
I don't care if Ank convinces RC that she's the Easter bunny, the fact people are dramatically over reacting to something and giving the town a massive negative attitude to already losing, or town being doomed is fucking tragic.
Even if they walk dance 1, dance 2, dance 15 or whatever, it doesn't mean shit right now.
It’s still bad for town, whether you see that or not.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2630, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:It’s still bad for town, whether you see that or not.
For a start, we don't know officially on alignments (as town, of course). secondly, there's no evidence that it will actually happen.
So no, I don't know if it's bad for town. It could be a blessing to town.
I claim scum \o/
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2618, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2615, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2608, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2601, Taly wrote:Your reasons are valid, but I don't see why you're pairing with
RC
if you're entertaining leaving in the first place?
I get where this confusion came from.

That changed when I started getting a sense of where the gamestate was at and how scum were fitting into it. I'm pretty confident now that I'll still be able to make a difference towards building a winning gametstate for town even without making it past first dance.
How so?
I don't think I'm that far off with my reads

the problem is more who in my PoE list is actually scum and who is just town that I can't see as town yet
A lot of slots aren’t posting, so that doesn’t help too much.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:38 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2620, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2619, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But by pairing up with him, you’ve handed him that power, don’t you see? Had he paired with me OTOH, he would have not had the power to take you out, because then he’d actually have had to persuade people to lynch you.
even if he doesn't actually succeed with that, it's still a huge diversion and you should know me well enough that I'm not going to just let him get away with that without getting up in his face back

that's essentially the same thing, except with a lot more thread vomit attached
The point is that he doesn’t have the same power to get you lynched. Leaving one’s partner, is equivalent to a desperado type of thing.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2633, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2620, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2619, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But by pairing up with him, you’ve handed him that power, don’t you see? Had he paired with me OTOH, he would have not had the power to take you out, because then he’d actually have had to persuade people to lynch you.
even if he doesn't actually succeed with that, it's still a huge diversion and you should know me well enough that I'm not going to just let him get away with that without getting up in his face back

that's essentially the same thing, except with a lot more thread vomit attached
The point is that he doesn’t have the same power to get you lynched. Leaving one’s partner, is equivalent to a desperado type of thing.
I don't doubt that regardless of whether he succeeds or not, he will waste a lot of effort on trying
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2627, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2623, Nancy Drew 39 wrote: I’m upset because I think they’re going to take each other out in 1st Dance, where as had they partnered with others, they’d have to convince others, so that would have been a lot less likely to happen, so I think we’re losing likely two top towns, right off the bat, so I don’t understand why people are telling me not to feel pessimistic about that.
I think this whole fiasco has eased their paranoia, which makes it less likely for a yolo bombing to occur. If they're able to work together in the PT, the pairing could turn really good

Does anyone object to me asking Nancy to the dance? soon™
Probably Allo and Moment. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2631, Vedith wrote:
In post 2630, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:It’s still bad for town, whether you see that or not.
For a start, we don't know officially on alignments (as town, of course). secondly, there's no evidence that it will actually happen.
So no, I don't know if it's bad for town. It could be a blessing to town.
How could it be a blessing?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2636, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:How could it be a blessing?
How could 1 of them being scum and the other walking out be a blessing?
Not really sure how to answer this so I'll just pretend you never asked.
I claim scum \o/
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2350, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2260, Taly wrote:
Nancy wrote:I think if you pair with Taly over me, the chances of that happening increase exponentially.

I think Taly is the most widely obvtownread lady - if not player - in this setup. Not a single person in this game, has said otherwise.
Literally this is the one thing I was trying to avoid lol... cue paranoia.

Why am I town again?
No one appears to scumread you so far. Nothing you have said has even remotely pinged me. I’m not sure why you’d be paranoid about
my
townreading you, in particular?

And you know I can’t elaborate on that.
It's not your townread in particular, it's the universal townread.

This is a game where pocketing - more than usual - a viable strategy. If I'm being townread without much stated reason OR protest, this tells me multiple things:

1)
Scum know exactly what they want to do with me... Either IC me, NK me, or keep me alive to generate suspicion or WIFOM.
2)
I lose the ability to filter out people's reads and motives since everyone sees me in the same manner, that is - if they don't reason their townread on me.
3)
I become neutralized and predictable - with it being increasingly difficult for me to tell if I'm being pocketed or sweet talked....

...which is very possible, since I've had at least 1 game experience with half the playerlist here.
In post 2451, RadiantCowbells wrote:Taly what are your thoughts on Dannflor?
Spoiler: Here Is What I've Written On My Readslist About Him
Dannflor *Volatile*

+
Read progression is very natural with
me/Urist
, as he's shifted his thoughts without letting a disagreement or opinion influence them.
+
Reevaluating thoughts and continually putting forth more thinking on both reads, pair ideas, and setup without unnecessary guard.
+
Engaging with a lot of people and not sticking to a certain topic or niche in the game
+
I don't have strong reasons for this townread, but nothing has struck out to me as scum

Dann
is a volatile read because I want one-on-one speak with him a bit more so I can sort and understand his viewpoint further.

I probably forgot to note anything else, but he's in the
"Town To Some Degree"
category, and while not my first partner pick, I guess he's an option?
In post 2454, Pink Ball wrote:Nancy with Krazy and Taly with PvtUrist is pretty good
Why
Me+PvtUrist
? And
Krazy+Nancy
, if you thought
Krazy
was my best option?
In post 2491, RadiantCowbells wrote:Dann/Taly is a locktown pairing I think

We just need to decide on one more
Can you tell me how
Dann
is locktown from your perspective?
In post 2494, Something_Smart wrote:I sincerely doubt that Taly is obvtown.
Can you stop pretending that the last 100 pages don't exist? It reads as very disingenuous, and if you're not understanding people's viewpoint of me now, then how about you ask questions or ISO?
In post 2505, RadiantCowbells wrote:Dann / x
x / Taly
Firebringer / Vedith
ND / Krazy?

Need to fill in those xs
I'm lonely D:
In post 2521, Krazy wrote:What don't you like about them Taly?
I don't know what prompted people's changes in ideal pairings? I don't disagree? But I don't know what happened?

I'm still considering you as a partner?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2638, Taly wrote:It's not your townread in particular, it's the universal townread.

This is a game where pocketing - more than usual - a viable strategy. If I'm being townread without much stated reason OR protest, this tells me multiple things:

1) Scum know exactly what they want to do with me... Either IC me, NK me, or keep me alive to generate suspicion or WIFOM.
2) I lose the ability to filter out people's reads and motives since everyone sees me in the same manner, that is - if they don't reason their townread on me.
3) I become neutralized and predictable - with it being increasingly difficult for me to tell if I'm being pocketed or sweet talked....

...which is very possible, since I've had at least 1 game experience with half the playerlist here.
To note; I'm happy with the townreads??? As long as I understand them... and can tell if they're genuinely guessed or disingenuously informed.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Krazy »

Have you considered accepting?

I think my original reasoning still holds true
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2637, Vedith wrote:
In post 2636, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:How could it be a blessing?
How could 1 of them being scum and the other walking out be a blessing?
Not really sure how to answer this so I'll just pretend you never asked.
Well you’re assuming that’s the case, I’m not.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nancy

do you still think we are both town
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 2641, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well you’re assuming that’s the case, I’m not.
When the fuck did I assume it?
I claim scum \o/
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Spoiler:
In post 2638, Taly wrote:
In post 2350, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2260, Taly wrote:
Nancy wrote:I think if you pair with Taly over me, the chances of that happening increase exponentially.

I think Taly is the most widely obvtownread lady - if not player - in this setup. Not a single person in this game, has said otherwise.
Literally this is the one thing I was trying to avoid lol... cue paranoia.

Why am I town again?
No one appears to scumread you so far. Nothing you have said has even remotely pinged me. I’m not sure why you’d be paranoid about
my
townreading you, in particular?

And you know I can’t elaborate on that.
It's not your townread in particular, it's the universal townread.

1)
Scum know exactly what they want to do with me... Either IC me, NK me, or keep me alive to generate suspicion or WIFOM.
2)
I lose the ability to filter out people's reads and motives since everyone sees me in the same manner, that is - if they don't reason their townread on me.
3)
I become neutralized and predictable - with it being increasingly difficult for me to tell if I'm being pocketed or sweet talked....

In post 2451, RadiantCowbells wrote:Taly what are your thoughts on Dannflor?
Spoiler: Here Is What I've Written On My Readslist About Him
Dannflor *Volatile*

+
Read progression is very natural with
me/Urist
, as he's shifted his thoughts without letting a disagreement or opinion influence them.
+
Reevaluating thoughts and continually putting forth more thinking on both reads, pair ideas, and setup without unnecessary guard.
+
Engaging with a lot of people and not sticking to a certain topic or niche in the game
+
I don't have strong reasons for this townread, but nothing has struck out to me as scum

Dann
is a volatile read because I want one-on-one speak with him a bit more so I can sort and understand his viewpoint further.

I probably forgot to note anything else, but he's in the
"Town To Some Degree"
category, and while not my first partner pick, I guess he's an option?
In post 2454, Pink Ball wrote:Nancy with Krazy and Taly with PvtUrist is pretty good
Why
Me+PvtUrist
? And
Krazy+Nancy
, if you thought
Krazy
was my best option?
In post 2491, RadiantCowbells wrote:Dann/Taly is a locktown pairing I think

We just need to decide on one more
Can you tell me how
Dann
is locktown from your perspective?
In post 2494, Something_Smart wrote:I sincerely doubt that Taly is obvtown.
Can you stop pretending that the last 100 pages don't exist? It reads as very disingenuous, and if you're not understanding people's viewpoint of me now, then how about you ask questions or ISO?
In post 2505, RadiantCowbells wrote:Dann / x
x / Taly
Firebringer / Vedith
ND / Krazy?

Need to fill in those xs
I'm lonely D:
In post 2521, Krazy wrote:What don't you like about them Taly?
I don't know what prompted people's changes in ideal pairings? I don't disagree? But I don't know what happened?

I'm still considering you as a partner?

Yes, given things I can’t discuss, I now totally understand your paranoia here.

Sorry, if the formatting is messed up here. :/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2638, Taly wrote:Dann is a volatile read because I want one-on-one speak with him a bit more so I can sort and understand his viewpoint further.
Hi! I'll engage with you

I'm trying not to do full reads lists anymore because I'm not so sure outlining those helps town more than it hurts now that we're nearing the end of the pre-dance, however, I'll answer specific questions about anyone or anything if you have them.
In post 830, Dannflor wrote:Okay, so Taly is really really town from the last few pages if somebody still hasn't caught that yet.

Regardless of your thoughts on Nancy, he's been purposefully trying to quell the rabid circular fighting surrounding Nancy without stemming any actual discussion. Continuing to basically flame each other while Nancy has (theoretically?) placed out is just going to go in circles and not accomplish anything. It's similar to how the Allo/Vedith interaction was going earlier. Firebringer/Nancy engaging is never going to produce anything useful, and continual focus on this one point is just going to grind things to a halt if Nancy is indeed replacing out. His concern with the direction of the game too is a very town way of looking at the game.

I'm comfortable slotting this into confident town reads now tbh
This is the original reason I started town reading you btw. More recently, I like the way you've approached giving out reads and how careful you're being. I don't think it's motivated by scum!"I gotta be careful with how I word and place my reads here," but more town!"I want to be helpful and analyze the game but I don't want to give scum too much information."

Also, your paranoia about getting town-read town-pings me too. If you're scum, I don't think you make as big of a deal about it because it makes it easy for you to coast through the game and then just defend yourself using the WIFOM argument later.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2645, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2638, Taly wrote:Dann is a volatile read because I want one-on-one speak with him a bit more so I can sort and understand his viewpoint further.
Hi! I'll engage with you

I'm trying not to do full reads lists anymore because I'm not so sure outlining those helps town more than it hurts now that we're nearing the end of the pre-dance, however, I'll answer specific questions about anyone or anything if you have them.
In post 830, Dannflor wrote:Okay, so Taly is really really town from the last few pages if somebody still hasn't caught that yet.

Regardless of your thoughts on Nancy, he's been purposefully trying to quell the rabid circular fighting surrounding Nancy without stemming any actual discussion. Continuing to basically flame each other while Nancy has (theoretically?) placed out is just going to go in circles and not accomplish anything. It's similar to how the Allo/Vedith interaction was going earlier. Firebringer/Nancy engaging is never going to produce anything useful, and continual focus on this one point is just going to grind things to a halt if Nancy is indeed replacing out. His concern with the direction of the game too is a very town way of looking at the game.

I'm comfortable slotting this into confident town reads now tbh
This is the original reason I started town reading you btw. More recently, I like the way you've approached giving out reads and how careful you're being. I don't think it's motivated by scum!"I gotta be careful with how I word and place my reads here," but more town!"I want to be helpful and analyze the game but I don't want to give scum too much information."

Also, your paranoia about getting town-read town-pings me too. If you're scum, I don't think you make as big of a deal about it because it makes it easy for you to coast through the game and then just defend yourself using the WIFOM argument later.
Tbf to Taly, I completely understand where his paranoia is coming from, so I don’t scumread him for it. I unfortunately cannot explain my reasoning for it though.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:02 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2646, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Tbf to Taly, I completely understand where his paranoia is coming from, so I don’t scumread him for it. I unfortunately cannot explain my reasoning for it though.
I town read him for his paranoia anyways
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2647, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2646, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Tbf to Taly, I completely understand where his paranoia is coming from, so I don’t scumread him for it. I unfortunately cannot explain my reasoning for it though.
I town read him for his paranoia anyways
If people who had no meta with me, townlocked me, I’d probably be wondering as well. In my case, I’m far more likely to get wrongly pushed by scum, frequently to their detriment. :twisted:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2648, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:If people who had no meta with me, townlocked me, I’d probably be wondering as well.
This is a good thing to watch over that I didn't initially think about.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”