Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Slaxx »

Votecount 1.6

Future Fun Fact: Due to a post-scarcity economy, you indeed CAN always get what you want.

Gamma Emerald (4):
Vedith (104), Hopkirk (140), TemporalLich (167), Dannflor (235)
TemporalLich(3):
RadiantCowbells (77), ssbm_Kyouko (90), Lovebird (92)
Dannflor (1):
Mary Saotome (24)
DrDolittle(1):
Emperor flippyNips (157)
Radiant Cowbells (1):
Yumeko Jabami (247)

Not Voting (3):
xwing, DrDolittle, Gamma Emerald (102)
Last edited by Slaxx on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Slaxx »

I’ll get a VC up later today guys. Haven’t had access to PC.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 154, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 146, RadiantCowbells wrote:What's your read on me jw
Oh wow I must be high, didn’t put that together.

You’re leaning town now. In the beginning of the game you were scum leanin

Anyone else I forgot is a null leaning scum till proven innocent

But I said who I think is a good D1 kill as of right now. Unless someone else slips and they’re obvious scum but I think they’re good people to go for.

Only reason I haven’t changed my vote to someone I said is a good D1 is cos I haven’t gone over Gamma’s ISO. soon as I do that I’ll change my vote to where I see fit
How did you go from scum on RC to town. Can you talk about your progression on that?
What makes someone a good D1 kill? Could they be a good D1 kill, but not a good D2 kill for example?
In post 157, Emperor flippyNips wrote:Gamma isn’t a D1 but I’m still leaning scum on her.

VOTE: drdolittle I want some pressure on this person right now. They’re sus
Spicy! What do you think this vote is going to accomplish? If you're pressuring a town slot to make them post more the posts won't be as genuine BAKA. However you're saying they're sus. While I do agree drdolittle is sus. I think you're being a bit too transparent
In post 161, TemporalLich wrote:Emperor, Dannflor, DrDolittle, and Gamma all register as "potentially scum" to me.
Not bad. I agree with 2 of these and can understand how you have 3 of them. Maybe some of you do have some brains!
My life is mine! I won't hand it over to anyone!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:56 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 247, Yumeko Jabami wrote:Dann certainly is interesting, I'm all fired up over here. Can you tell? In any case, there's this one other player, they're just so very boring. Honestly, it's a drag. Good chance they're scum too. Hey, we should team up, let's get all the boring out of here. What do you say?

VOTE: Radiantcowbells
how do you want this game to go?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 165, RadiantCowbells wrote:Btw Mary

If you play with me engage with me talk to me I won't lynch you early no matter what. I can't promise I won't lunch you eventually but.

If you don't engage with me I'm prolly just gonna assume it's because you're wolf and I won't feel bad if it's wrong.

Don't be a stranger <3
Don't get your panties in a twist loser. I'm always willing to interact with one of my fans.
In post 172, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 169, Vedith wrote:
In post 167, TemporalLich wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
\o/
Lets speed lynch this!
No speedlynch

I'm 99% here to hit on Mary and she hasn't been here yet so
Why is Lichi outted scum to you? Also thank you I know I'm great.
In post 186, Dannflor wrote:I don't think them being new is AI
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
In post 194, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Her posts look like they are really in the moment,
and are more thought up.
Tell me more. Aren't all posts in the moment? You read something think of an answer and post. Not that hard~ If you think I'm making stuff up well that's a you problem Gamma! I look forward to our debate on this topic.
In post 198, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:{Lich, Hopkirk, (?)}

Lich Hopkirk seems too obvious, but maybe it's that easy. Yesterday had too many scumreads to focus on Hopkirk so I wanted to watch his play.

I still think we TLTL here. Turbo Lynch Temporal Lich, that is. But gotta see Xwing when monday rolls around
Hopkirk is obvious? Please explain that to the rest of the class! Turbo lynching is never a good idea unless the game is coming to a crawl. Hint hint, it's not. We can talk more about reads and get a lot more interactions if we don't turbo lynch. So I only see win-wins here.
In post 213, Dannflor wrote:UNVOTE: Lich
VOTE: Hopkirk

I don't see how Hopkirk expects his vote to help him get a better read on Gamma when he asked Gamma no questions about his actions
I knew I could count on you doc!
In post 215, Hopkirk wrote:I was expecting Gamma to acknowledge it since there's an obvious disconect between the two lines in my post.
Don't like that she didn't acknowledge it.

TL is still the lynch.
Silly. Don't expect people to acknowledge it.
Force
them to do it. We're not here to make friends! If Gamma isn't reacting you do stuff until he does it. Pressure him case him call him out I don't know! Don't just sit back and ignore it. That makes it look like you just made of the post and dropped it. 'TL is still the lynch.' Is it?
VOTE: Hop
Let's fix that.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

It's interesting that a lot of the people I'm willing to vote are scumreading each other. Gamma, Hop, DrDolittle and ??? Who I won't name as I want to see how they're acting still.
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:04 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

In post 228, Lovebird wrote:
In post 126, Gamma Emerald wrote:Maybe it's the roleplaying but Mary Saotome's play seems very agenda-driven.
No, I think Mary is pretty towny
Of course I am! I mean have you
seen
my posts.
In post 235, Dannflor wrote:
In post 230, Lovebird wrote:IDK, that doesn't seem realistic. And, wouldn't that be towny anyways?
Don't think town cares as much about looking suspicious. Why doesn't it seem realistic?

Gamma, I fail to understand why you aren't using your vote to pressure/get reactions out of people. It looks like you're trying to play overly safe.

VOTE: Gamma
Good vote! I'm probably wrong on one of Hop/Gamma. Not that I really care given I'll trade 1 town for 1 scum anyday. I'm pretty confident in one of them flipping scum. I'll swing my vote around them. Unless RC can convince me why the other guy is scum.
Gamma Hop feel free to convince me why the other is scum. Have fun~
In post 246, TemporalLich wrote:Mary is strictly NAI with a side of fries.

Radiant's not really NAI but not really town either. Can't decide yet though so w/e.
In post 243, RadiantCowbells wrote:Here's my case he's a wolf

What am I supposed to case in his six posts

Sure I'll make a case
Yeah I'd like to hear your case.
Okay what reads
do
you have
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 247, Yumeko Jabami wrote:Furthermore, would you say DDN's playstyle holds a special exemption to what you said here, or do you think this isn't an applicable situation?
DDL and I have played one game together I believe. We were both town and I pushed him initially until I did a meta dive on him.

I would like to pressure this slot eventually and get a solid read but I don't think voting it right now is going to do anything so I'm waiting for him to actually start playing the game.

@RC, I know you think TL is still the best lynch, but opinion on Gamma/Hopkirk?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:38 am

In post 16, TemporalLich wrote:Gonna have to agree with Dannflor here.
In post 38, TemporalLich wrote:I definitely feel DrDolittle is trying to hide something. At least the random voters are honest and true.
In post 76, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 70, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'll concede it was basically page 1 (post 26, and the mod took the pagetop) but first you said you wanted to vote someone who hadn't been voted yet, then you said random, so which is it?

Let's get this wagon rolling folks
Since he said random, then that he wanted to vote someone who hadn't been voted yet, then random again... his vote is baseless and Lovebird is town. That's a complete 360 right there.

You know what this means...

VOTE: Emperor flippyNips
In post 71, RadiantCowbells wrote:Flippynips wagon is bad
I'm not sure about that...
In post 83, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 79, Dannflor wrote:How the hell do you get Lovebird is town from that
If Lovebird turns out to be scumbird then I will be very surprised.
Especially now since there are scumreads floating around and the vote isn't even pretending to be a scumread.
I'm going to define a new term here because I don't think it's something that's in the popular lexicon and I think it's really important to reading newbies in particular.
There's a lie detecting tell with people in real life where when they're lying they give extraneous details, overexplain things, etc.
The mafia equivalent which we see in these posts is all this excessive fluff added on to these votes.
I'm gonna call it "scum overwording" and it's one of the most tried and true scumtells when it comes to reading newbies.
Notably I have played with more newbies than anyone else in this game and probably in site history, so that should come up with a lot of force behind it.

Another major thing is the lack of newbie unconfidence with the reads. There's no explanations behind things. He just kinda comes up with reads. SSBM town, no explanation. Lovebird town was complete what the fuck and though that kind of overreading into associatives is reasonably common from newbies the original read that lovebird came from was totally out of nowhere.
In post 122, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 120, Dannflor wrote:What do you two think about Lovebird's entrance and subsequent wagon hop? Scummy or just lazy town?
Definitely just lazy town, though I don't see scumreads as implausible.
this too is inconsistent in and of itself: 'definitely town' but the scumreads aren't implausible. wolfy out the ass.
In post 161, TemporalLich wrote:Emperor, Dannflor, DrDolittle, and Gamma all register as "potentially scum" to me.
this is just a pretty typical scum readslist sooo

yeah

no they're just scum. we can lynch them at any point. i wouldn't mind stalling out the day phase but they're gonna be in antispew indefinitely and if it means that we're even slightly likely to end up not lynching temporallich it's better to just take the scum flip and move on to tomorrow.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 am

@Vedith i do not read you as scum but if you're going to hard defend a wolf i will probably want you lynched sometime before endgame. nothing personnel, kid, but this is ick.

@Yumeko I do read you as scum. I think that your tone is awful and I see your vote as very likely to have been an outright chainsaw. if that is not the case i strongly advise that you reconsider your current line of play because right now i'm planning to go after you tomorrow. on top of all this if the calling me boring and appealing to mary specifically to vote me wasn't explicitly intended to piss me off then you should be aware that that's going to piss me off
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 247, Yumeko Jabami wrote:
Ahahaha, you're being silly. What's the point of Rvs if you don't want other people to judge you off of it? Did you think people just voted each other for giggles? While that certainly sounds like fun, Don't you think it's a little hypocritical of you to say that coming after you for, in your opinion paraphrased: 'essentially nothing' while you've placed a vote on lovebird for 'actually nothing' and hadn't moved on yourself?

This isn't a dig at you, people aren't coming after you because you voted lovebird, they're coming after you because you showed hesitation - yes, a moment of weakness and they jumped on it. Well, that's the kind of game we're playing though.
Well if they saw it as hesitation I understand a bit more now. But like I had said I was being lazy no hesitation involved
Mary Saotome
Mary Saotome
Goon
Mary Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Mary Saotome »

Not bad RC. Not bad at all
I think I might join you on that...later of course as I'm not done with everyone here yet. You have me sold for the time being though.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm reconvinced.

Stalling out the day, for at least a little longer, is good though. xwing won't be here until Monday, and DDL and Yumeko need to engage
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:25 am

Post by DrDolittle »

Sorry been busy with some wedding stuff. Will catch up and engage by tonight after a nap.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Vedith »

I had a tournament today so I might post later but I'm pretty mentally drained.
I claim scum \o/
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:07 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 258, RadiantCowbells wrote: I'm going to define a new term here because I don't think it's something that's in the popular lexicon and I think it's really important to reading newbies in particular.
There's a lie detecting tell with people in real life where when they're lying they give extraneous details, overexplain things, etc.
The mafia equivalent which we see in these posts is all this excessive fluff added on to these votes.
I'm gonna call it "scum overwording" and it's one of the most tried and true scumtells when it comes to reading newbies.
Notably I have played with more newbies than anyone else in this game and probably in site history, so that should come up with a lot of force behind it.
You seem to be very confident with declaring me a wolf with very little substance, so it's not like the ball is in my court.
In post 258, RadiantCowbells wrote:Another major thing is the lack of newbie unconfidence with the reads. There's no explanations behind things. He just kinda comes up with reads. SSBM town, no explanation. Lovebird town was complete what the fuck and though that kind of overreading into associatives is reasonably common from newbies the original read that lovebird came from was totally out of nowhere.
There is nothing that suggests SSBM could be scum. Fight me.
In post 258, RadiantCowbells wrote:this too is inconsistent in and of itself: 'definitely town' but the scumreads aren't implausible. wolfy out the ass.
As in I don't think reading Lovebird as scum would be completely unjustifiable, but as of now lovebird is town and something would have to happen for lovebird to not be town.
In post 258, RadiantCowbells wrote:this is just a pretty typical scum readslist sooo

yeah

no they're just scum. we can lynch them at any point. i wouldn't mind stalling out the day phase but they're gonna be in antispew indefinitely and if it means that we're even slightly likely to end up not lynching temporallich it's better to just take the scum flip and move on to tomorrow.
Antispew? What even?
time will end
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:31 am

Wolfy reaction btw
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am

Post by xwing »

yeah im here and wow it's quite the read already so below are my thoughts based on my skim..

dann is obvtown for me..hopping all around and trying to engage everyone..same vibes as our last game..
gamma is certainly exerting effort compared to last game, but i dunno if it's AI..like her initial suspicion on emperor i found to be townie (where she called out emp's seemingly random vote as scummy, i saw her point because what she's saying is emp said he wanted to do a "random" vote but voted on someone with 0 votes in them and she found it scummy)..at best i can say she's trying to scumhunt compared to our last game..

i got pinged on emperor's statement about "there's nothing scummy..rvs bla bla.." coz it seemed too preemptive..i think dann's clear on him due to emp providing a very shallow reason was too hasty coz i think both scum and town will give this reason esp since it was so early in the page..but multiple people are clearing him so not a priority for now..also emp's statement redirecting focus out of him and his "innocent RVS" to scumhunt can swing both ways for me, so im not convinced of his townieness yet..

im getting confused with the japanese sounding girl names..will need to reread but i think i like ssbsm_kyoko for town..she's scumhunting and questioning people she finds suspicious..maybe i subtly like her slot coz i found the same people she found as suspicious (e.g. vedith, emp, TL)..

vedith said he was new, but i dont buy it based on his posts and join date..so scummy for lying..

TL seems scummy..the way he worded the statement that lovebird is town seemed too certain (TMI)..the interaction between emp and love was too minimal by that time to know if it's TvT or TvS or SvS..he then backtracks to lovebird being "potentially town" to try to insert uncertainty..also i dont think switching to wagons of the same number clears him, i just think he's switching to whoever seems to be the more viable lynch..

by that same vein i think RC is town for casing TL and pushing for his lynch..i dont think there's scummy agenda here..
the rest of the players i dont have much of an opinion so far..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:15 am

Post by xwing »

waiting for VC before voting TL so i dont accidentally QH, too lazy to count current votes..unless someone tells me it's safe to vote (e.g. it would not be hammer)..
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 265, TemporalLich wrote:There is nothing that suggests SSBM could be scum. Fight me.
What suggests that SSBM is town to you?
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:48 am

Post by xwing »

In post 269, Dannflor wrote:
In post 265, TemporalLich wrote:There is nothing that suggests SSBM could be scum. Fight me.
in addition, i dont think RC even said anything about ssbm being scum..did i miss anything?
and the "fight me" here is icky..
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

Yea, I'm not sure I like the instinct to get confrontational vs. ... actually explaining his reads.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 am

Post by xwing »

@lovebird: are you insinuating you are informed, and backing up the miller claim?

@mary: i think this slot is someone we wouldn't want to mess around with in RL :P
since you obviously wanted to discuss this, why did you claim VT?
also, i think you're town, and i like how you're teaching others to not be too transparent, but im not liking the tone, but mostly play style differences i guess..
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 109, Mary Saotome wrote:
In post 27, DrDolittle wrote:But let's discuss a more important issue that's critical to finding scum. Is it OK for a mod to amend vote counts to account for votes that occur after the vote count post?
Baka. What is this useless question for? The answer here is obviously no. Of course, it's not okay to do this. You bringing up this topic in the first place is dumb! You could've talked about my vanilla townie claim or something else of relevance.
It's because the mod did that immediately before my post numbnut
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 269, Dannflor wrote:
There's nothing scummy in his ISO. Of course, nothing scummy is merely neutral at worst.

To add some weight to the town_Kyouko theory, he seems to be of the confident demeanor so he won't back down if the pressure were to ever fall on him.
time will end

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”