He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:29 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i saw these 2 great movies that i think u should see asap

godfather and godfather part 2
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

lol I have seen them. they are good films. not sure I feel like watching them again rn
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Taly »

RC
<3

I want to replay this setup with you if it's not the reason for your lack of motivation
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 am

it's not you lol

i had a fantasy that this town would actually engage with my alignment in good faith after some of the stuff that was said earlier and when that was taken away with me i rly don't have any desire to play anymore
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:39 am

ppl are mad at ankamius but not even for a good reason. they're mad at her because she scumreads me. that's not the issue. the issue is that she's willing to lie and twist things to support her case because she knows her case doesn't have solid enough ground. if she knows her case doesn't have solid enough ground and she doesn't think she can get me lynched off of reality and she knows she can't read me well... she really has no business going after me. i can handle being scumread fine, it just so happens that most of the people who scumread me on this site scumread me for incredibly dishonest reasons as a masquerade to hide the fact that they really just don't like the idea of scum me winning.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

ohh come on rc.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

when I say let go this is really not what I mean buddy, you are just resigning to not play the game.
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 am

come on yourself. i'm not mad about it. i'm over it. i'm just making sure that my departure isn't misrepresented as anything besides what it is.
when I say let go this is really not what I mean buddy, you are just resigning to not play the game.
there's no point in playing the game. i know my reads get sketchy when i'm emotionally frustrated, I know you don't want me setting up endgame pairs, i know me/ankamius will never be an endgame pairing, so there's no benefit to doing anything besides just leaving at the earliest opportunity.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:44 am

it's not negotiable, if you have a problem with what i'm doing you can take it up with me after game. i don't want to play with people who deal with my slot in bad faith.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 am

i might as well avoid some kind of speedlynch bullshit from scum onto an actual endgame pairing tmrw being the major + to this line of play
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Firebringer »

dude I know you are unhappy with this situation. u don't seem at all over it.
do you need a v/la or something?

Like yes I don't want u organizing pairings. Why can't we have a middle ground of you putting in some effort while not taking the game seriously to shit post and just enjoy the fact this is a game and realize the absurdity of it being like a completely serious thing all the time to where it impacts the game in a negative way? or am I being stupid unreasonable with this idea?
Show

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:48 am

i'm not over this shit. i won't ever be. but i'm certainly capable of being over the individual games in which it occurs and i'm doing that.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:49 am

Post by Firebringer »

u know I want u to be happy right? and its frustrating for me to help u when all I see is things that are hurting u and what u want seems to be something that just hurts u more.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Firebringer »

*sigh* at some point I should probably just stop assuming I know what will be best for ur mental health.
Show

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

:igmeou:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2879, RadiantCowbells wrote:ppl are mad at ankamius but not even for a good reason. they're mad at her because she scumreads me. that's not the issue. the issue is that she's willing to lie and twist things to support her case because she knows her case doesn't have solid enough ground. if she knows her case doesn't have solid enough ground and she doesn't think she can get me lynched off of reality and she knows she can't read me well... she really has no business going after me. i can handle being scumread fine, it just so happens that most of the people who scumread me on this site scumread me for incredibly dishonest reasons as a masquerade to hide the fact that they really just don't like the idea of scum me winning.
This is the single most annoying thing you've said yet if you are actually town.

I believe defending Nancy is something you would do as either alignment. I believe you would be expected to do that as town, and understand that enough to do it as scum.

Your reads are sketchy. Your scumreads are... slots that have very little to no impact on the game, and me, somebody who you have had no trouble ever seeing as town when I was town before.

You didn't take the path to the easiest win and when I pressured you about it, you did this ridiculous commentary about how my scumgame is not worth it instead of simply saying that your reads are not to where you are confident in them enough to commit to that. <--
THIS
would've been a town response and I would have backed off. Instead, you got incredibly defensive at pressure that wouldn't phase someone who genuinely thought they would easily win against me, so no shit I turned up the pressure.

And now the only thing I can think of with how you are playing right now is that your plan to pocket someone and ride that to endgame has failed and you are playing to give town as little as possible to get your buddies to endgame.

Your game here has had a
scumgame
approach to it and frankly, I would have much higher expectations of your towngame than to let me chain you down and destroy your spirit entirely regardless of my alignment, because if this is your towngame in the first place, what would you have done if I ended up flipping town after you death tunneled me for the entire first dance?

I really don't care if you leave at the start of the first dance, tbh for scum you that's probably smart. But for town you, I'm very disappointed that you wouldn't give me enough credit to believe that I don't make this level of push on people I don't have good reason to believe has a good chance of flipping scum, and if that one little push is going to break you, then you really shouldn't be playing mafia in the first place right now.

You're acting in the same way now that you accuse me of doing. Either put your back into the game and get back into the groove of it, replace out, or just do whatever that doesn't involve complaining about how shitty of a person I am, because that helps a grand total of nobody in any way.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

I've had my heart broken once already because I waited too long. Time to stop being a coward.

Nancy, will you go to the dance with me?

Spoiler: Flowers!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Dannflor »

Ank, can you elaborate on the Krazy scum-read, or are you waiting to engage with Krazy himself on it?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:23 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think the point of his early game setup spec was to set up scum being able to pocket their partners

And lo and behold... he pushed to do that himself for Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:24 am

Post by Ankamius »

And it worked brilliantly, people got so caught up with the coin mechanic that nobody ever noticed that what he was suggesting was going to make it very easy for scum to coast through just fine by just pocketing one person.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:27 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm curious why early game setup spec enabled that vs. scum just... doing that

Wasn't his initial idea to randomize pairings?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 am

don't remember where i called you a bad person

do recall where i said you were engaging with my slot in bad faith, don't remember making personal attacks against you for it. it's not like i don't understand where it's coming from, i just can't play with it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Ankamius »

I see, I take that back then
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Taly »

I don't understand why
Krazy
-scum would bring up 3+ strategies and weigh each of them out accordingly while being very forthcoming with how the town thought about it.

It seemed the most thoughtful approach of the setup, and I feel like scum would stick further to an agenda and a set plan, and control HOW people talked about the setup rather than give suggestions. - - - - -

Plus, I haven't played with
Krazy
before, but our personalities mesh very well. I never felt like he was pocketing me, and he NEVER pushed this onto me.

1)
- he veiled that he didn't expect me to immediately accept, it told me he asked NOT just because he wanted to pair with me... but this post implies that he didn't EXPECT me to accept, because he trusted his townread on me, and for me to NOT opportunistically jump at the first chance I get invited.

It told me that his townread of me was more genuine, rather than a strategy to get into a pair with a highly townread person.

2)
I wasn't even widely townread until around the 2000 post marks, I'd say, around the
S_S
came in was when people actively voiced their reads of me on a broad scale - - -
(and other posts that I'm not taking forever to look)
, and I felt that
Krazy
-scum would've waited for that interval to say he wanted to dance with me.

3)
Though he didn't, he made his thoughts clear to me early on in - - - - - and from this point since, has worked with me as if any partner would, and has consistently checked up on my reads and thoughts of the game.

Yes,
Krazy
has put a LOT of energy focusing on a pairing with me, but I fail to see any scum-motivation, and working with him in a PT would help my view of the game better as opposed to multiple other gent options.
Ankamius wrote:I think the point of his early game setup spec was to set up scum being able to pocket their partners

And lo and behold... he pushed to do that himself for Taly
This was my BIGGEST concern stated in the game, and I thought I made this very clear.

Please point out to me any fallacy in my logic - that I'm being misled or pocketed by
Krazy
. I want to hear you out because I thoroughly don't see it.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh good god

I'll get to that when I'm at a desktop

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”