Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Krazy »

I want Gamma paired and I have no idea which gent would work for her given she's clearly been struggling to keep up/engage with the game. I'm not sure if that means we should pair her with someone quiet who is also working on catchups like moment, or someone that might help her keep track of what's going on... like... idk Pvt?

My tonal townreads on Gamma can be wrong though, but I'm still feeling pretty decent about her this game albeit off a low sample size of posts.
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

Tbh Taly I think there's not much to do about it by this point

I really just want you to be aware that he could be trying to play the long game here, which involves the scumteam predominantly pocketing their partners of choice.

FTR if RC is legitimately scum here, I would be far more suspicious of Krazy than I already am since my presence would be the biggest danger for him and it would make RC's overall play with this make perfect sense.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

Honestly my reads are different enough from the majority that I really doubt I'll be able to push town in the right direction if what I believe is going on is actually truly what's going on, so it's probably better if I step back and let you all do whatever.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Krazy »

I luv u too Ank :3
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

Plus since it's a guarantee I'm not going to survive past the beginning of first dance, my influence is pretty much negated.

Now I'm starting to think that this was a no win situation for me in the first place. SHRUG.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

@Allo,
which gent would you choose to leave behind?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2947, Pink Ball wrote:I expect the scumteam to have me as null in this game, specially after pairing with dr worm who, despite being townread now, it's easy to "change their mind" about him and mislynch us. Guess what fuckos: not gonna happen
Yea I'm going to be defending this pair. Extremely wary of people's scum reads on Dr Worm and the quality of those reads
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2903, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2898, Taly wrote:I don't understand why Krazy-scum would bring up 3+ strategies and weigh each of them out accordingly while being very forthcoming with how the town thought about it.
Well, there's an obvious answer, which is "to look town."

Perhaps an even more blunt answer is "that's what he would do as town."

Besides, I saw you in Echo Bay Grits. It's a totally valid scum strategy to play the town leader and try to direct the use of mechanics.
Who are you implying is playing “town leader” here? Certainly not Taly?

This is probably irrelevant but IC!RC in Witches’ Ball, was self-appointed town leader but of course, being mod-confirmed IC, did kind of gave him that right but true, I have seen scum employ that strategy as well.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2956, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2947, Pink Ball wrote:I expect the scumteam to have me as null in this game, specially after pairing with dr worm who, despite being townread now, it's easy to "change their mind" about him and mislynch us. Guess what fuckos: not gonna happen
Yea I'm going to be defending this pair. Extremely wary of people's scum reads on Dr Worm and the quality of those reads
Keep an eye on how people treat Moment and TheBrie too. I'd bet money on both of them being town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2957, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Who are you implying is playing “town leader” here? Certainly not Taly?
Krazy. I'm comparing his play to scum-Taly's in a previous game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2905, Dannflor wrote:I don't see a scenario where scum would *want* a scum/scum pairing unless they were forced into it.
Yes because unless all 3 scum make the F2, I don’t see how they’d win.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Krazy »

So Ank, your meta on Gamma isn't too bad, but if you even remember Ircher's game, I correctly made the argument that she is *typically more engaged as scum*.

That being said, I have seen Gamma bring some strong reasoning as town and I have seen Gamma flake out as scum. Generally her mood has a lot more to do with gamestate/team than it does her alignment. So I'm inclined to call that NAI.

I think it's more useful to analyze her based on her relevant thoughts about the game in question and the quality of those thoughts--and you are welcome to scumcase those

but let me look at her iso and see if I can remember what I liked
vote conspiracy
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Vedith »

Anything happen? I haven't been able to get on today.
I claim scum \o/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2960, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2905, Dannflor wrote:I don't see a scenario where scum would *want* a scum/scum pairing unless they were forced into it.
Yes because unless all 3 scum make the F2, I don’t see how they’d win.
Here's my question to you Nancy: what is scum doing to ensure they can get to endgame?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2907, Pink Ball wrote:The only pairing that could want s/s is RC going against the expected and fucking us over 'cause he has enough scum equity sitewise to do something like that and win. But that's not the case 'cause he's town so don't bother to think about that.
Yeah, no way are Ank and RC ever distancing here. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 2949, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, now that I'm paired I can freely claim my coinage: I'm the 5 coin lady
you gave dr worm 5 coins? oh fuck no oh god
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Ankamius »

I have 4 coins if it helps
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2913, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2715, Allomancer wrote:I have nothing to say to her. Only you, Ank, and fb are townreads.
Brie, PB, and GE are null-reads;
i wasn't really sure about the order.
In post 2909, Allomancer wrote:Okay looks like people are pairing. I better hurry up. I know Taly won't pair with me, so
I'm going with my second highest townread unpaired lady

TheBrie, dance with me?
Brie, you can do better. This is desperate.
Depending on who Taly chooses, one of Krazy/DT/Urist, I think?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Krazy »

Actually I went to towncase Gamma and realized this read is more complicated than I thought lol

I think I can see where the skepticism of this slot is coming from
Spoiler: Gamma's Iso in Review -- long
In post 183, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 29, Vedith wrote:
In post 24, Pink Ball wrote:Shit you have a car?!?!!?? You should've started with that!
Maybe we can go to McDonalds after my
date
dance with Nancy,
Mate.
Eugh this feels mildly squicky, why the mate at the end.
Could just be reacting like Donna does here though.
I think Gamma does a lot more emphatic skepticism of non-issues as scum so this is actually mildly concerning
In post 191, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 51, Krazy wrote:
In post 0, FakeGod wrote:First dance will end if there are 12 players or fewer left alive or deadline is reached.
So I'm just rereading the ruleset

uh, do we just do nothing first dance?

Sorry I was about to vomit out some setup stuff that hinged around how much I hate the coins and then I realized simply not lynching anyone was an option.

Or alternatively,
@FakeGod, is No Lynch an option for first dance?
I don't know how to feel about this, weren't you in the last one Krazy?
I've been thinking about whether I like this question or not and actually I think it's fine, although it's a bit funny given the questions below
In post 197, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh boy so the IC is deferred to later. That's interesting and negates the chance of it getting killed. I like.
funny considering she just gave me shit about asking about NL BUT I don't think this makes her scummy, I just find it amusing
In post 214, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 98, Krazy wrote:However, given that a mountainous in dance 2 can be really exhausting for town, I do think there is merit in going with at least some of the logic of scenario 2 -- have the top 4 coin ladies choose a man they townread that they can enjoy solving with or enjoy sorting rather than having it be over-determined by group consensus
Reminder that deadline doesn't reset off a lynch in Dance 2
So with that plan we'd have 8 days to sort 14 players
This is the main post that I've been townreading Gamma for. I wish it was more about a player's alignment but I don't recall Gamma getting as much into pro-town setup spec as scum in my memory
In post 216, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 101, Krazy wrote:So basically, top 4 coin ladies still get to pick their partners. *town does not pick for them*, but *town can by consensus reject a pairing*?

That is, top 4 ladies just have 1 extra step.

1. Dude offers
2. If Lady likes the dude, Lady asks, "who all scumreads this guy?"
3. If it's less than half the town, she accepts. She only rejects if more than half the town rejects the pairing

whereas the other 4 ladies are just like
1. Dude offers
2. Lady decides

something like that?
If we do this let the wealthy ones pick first for wider selection.
more pro-town thought processes although this one is kinda obvious/easy
In post 239, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 154, Vedith wrote:
In post 152, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Gamma no, you’re better than that. You’re going to allow this rogue to disrespect you like this?
Don't listen to her! You're not better than that!
waow
Someone is desperate. Don't think I like that in a man.
seems fine
In post 253, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 201, Allomancer wrote:also i just got a pagetop and i didnt realize it ^
haha
HUH?
This is another very minor ping for me just because I do feel like Gamma gets hung up on random shit more as scum
In post 780, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like everyone is ignoring me rn which concerns me
NAI
In post 1317, Gamma Emerald wrote:Could you not spam the thread
FOR FIVE MINUTES?
NAI
In post 1774, Gamma Emerald wrote:This has officially bypassed what I'm capable of catching up with, go guys
In post 1775, Gamma Emerald wrote:That was supposed to say "gj guys" but tbh I'm kinda whatever on pairing rn. I've got 6 coins though so I'll be a little choosy.
maybe townie?

So I can get why this slot is getting some shit but I still overall lean town here
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2963, Ankamius wrote: Here's my question to you Nancy: what is scum doing to ensure they can get to endgame?
Yea this is what I'm really worried about concerning the current state of teh game. The bottom people just aren't... doing enough. Which as town they should be trying to prove their towniness but also as scum they should be trying even harder to prove their towniness. So it makes me uneasy that there's a lot of players just going with the flow.
In post 2965, Allomancer wrote:you gave dr worm 5 coins? oh fuck no oh god
Can you answer my question about what gent you'd leave behind, Allo?

Also, what is the basis of your Dr Worm scum read? Is it just his posting style?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Krazy »

I'm slightly warming up to this slot going early regardless of alignment
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2956, Dannflor wrote:Yea I'm going to be defending this pair. Extremely wary of people's scum reads on Dr Worm and the quality of those reads
So Nancy, one thing I want from you is evaluating as the game goes on whether Dann is "too right about everything"

I feel like I just like his reads too much and it makes me nervous

I'm not shading, I'm just saying keep sorting as the flips develop

I still like him more than the other gents
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2969, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2963, Ankamius wrote: Here's my question to you Nancy: what is scum doing to ensure they can get to endgame?
Yea this is what I'm really worried about concerning the current state of teh game. The bottom people just aren't... doing enough. Which as town they should be trying to prove their towniness but also as scum they should be trying even harder to prove their towniness. So it makes me uneasy that there's a lot of players just going with the flow.
Can you answer my question about what gent you'd leave behind, Allo?

Also, what is the basis of your Dr Worm scum read? Is it just his posting style?
Are you seeing how I'm approaching the game now

There's no obvious plan the scum have for this game if you take the game at face value, and that's a sign that there's either trickery going on or the scumteam is just doomed from the start.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2971, Krazy wrote:So Nancy, one thing I want from you is evaluating as the game goes on whether Dann is "too right about everything"

I feel like I just like his reads too much and it makes me nervous
I'll take this as a compliment :lol:

For real though, the longer this pre-dance goes on the more paranoid I'm getting about my reads because of my aforementioned problems with the game state. If I am "too right about everything," scum is likely in a very bad spot, and they don't seem to be doing anything about it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2965, Allomancer wrote:
In post 2949, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, now that I'm paired I can freely claim my coinage: I'm the 5 coin lady
you gave dr worm 5 coins? oh fuck no oh god
Dr Worm is definitely not the most impulsive person here.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”