Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2915, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2904, Taly wrote:
S_S
, do you believe
Krazy+Me
is scum/town or even scum/scum?
Statistically speaking it's probably not scum-scum. Krazy doesn't seem easy to read so I don't really think I'm qualified to read there.
Better yet, if you believe
Krazy
IS pocketing me, then how do you think pairs should go?
I'm fine with you pairing with Krazy as long as you think you'd eventually be able to see through his pocketing, because by definition as long as he is alive you will also be alive to catch him and leave on him.

If you wouldn't feel comfortable reading him, there don't seem to be any other townread gentlemen left. Probably pick one that you at least have a decent idea is town and think you can read pretty well, and then regardless of what other people say if you end up townreading him you won't be lynched.
Who do YOU want to pair with?
First of all, not someone who's overtly scumreading me, for instance even if Allo offered I'd refuse because if town he'd probably just leave immediately.

However, I do want to pair with someone who is a pretty easy lynch (though not necessarily widely scumread), because that seems to be how my slot is treated. (I still have the feeling that this is mostly because I'm the only replacement... discrimination :o ) That way, if we do end up getting mislynched at least two question marks will be removed at once, and if the person I pick turns out to be scum we get to see scum squirm to try to keep us alive for as long as possible.
In post 2905, Dannflor wrote:I don't see a scenario where scum would *want* a scum/scum pairing unless they were forced into it.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. If two scum are confident in their ability to make it far, a scum-scum pairing allows scum to win with a town-town pairing still alive, which could be a huge boon.
In post 2912, Dannflor wrote:@S_S, you've been in the game a fair bit now that I think you should have been able to form some reads based on what you've seen so far. You don't have to be explicitly detailed or super confident, I just want to hear your thoughts on the players who've made the most impression on you. Your ISO is a lot of fluff, useless questioning, and a little bit of setup spec. I need to see something more concrete.
Sure. Bear in mind that my reads are still nebulous. I can make them look concrete, but don't expect me to stick to them.
Townreads are, in playerlist order, RC, Allo, Worm, Vedith, Ank, Taly.
Nulltowns are Moment, Thomas, Pink.

is a post I randomly came across while looking through stuff. Noting it here because it is the source of both my Allo and my Vedith townreads.
I think it’s ideal to have as many slots paired up as possible - particularly with this mechanic. It was different in Witches’ Ball, where neither scum nor bad town, had the opportunity to yololynch. The best scenario for town, is for all 8 ladies to be paired up, so the coin mechanic in the wrong hands, doesn’t wind up costing us the game.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2900, Pink Ball wrote:My problem with Ank is that right before Taly is going to accept Krazy she says Krazy may be scum, and right after I accept Dr. Worm she says my reads are bad. Is like she's trying to set up WIFOM and future lynches.
I very slightly didn't like this post but it doesn't move PB at all in my order

maybe I'm just not used to people who don't know me that well defending me

Although I did mean to ask-- PB, you said last game that my being in the signup sheet was a reason you wanted to play? Have I played with your main then? I haven't really prioritized mainhunting you since I think you have several games on this account but I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing there
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 2974, Something_Smart wrote:Dr Worm is definitely not the most impulsive person here.
this might be the first thing SS has said this game I liked LOL
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2932, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2928, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I accept!

What a lovely bouquet.
omg yay!

uh I mean *stoic nod*

Let's do this
:lol:

I think it’s done now.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2965, Allomancer wrote:
In post 2949, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, now that I'm paired I can freely claim my coinage: I'm the 5 coin lady
you gave dr worm 5 coins? oh fuck no oh god
What do you even care if you're not townreading me
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2976, Krazy wrote:
In post 2900, Pink Ball wrote:My problem with Ank is that right before Taly is going to accept Krazy she says Krazy may be scum, and right after I accept Dr. Worm she says my reads are bad. Is like she's trying to set up WIFOM and future lynches.

Although I did mean to ask-- PB, you said last game that my being in the signup sheet was a reason you wanted to play? Have I played with your main then? I haven't really prioritized mainhunting you since I think you have several games on this account but I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing there
We haven't played together with my main, but I really apreciate you because of reasons I can't say right now.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2943, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2940, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2915, Something_Smart wrote:Townreads are, in playerlist order, RC, Allo, Worm, Vedith, Ank, Taly.
Also, I thought you were scum reading Taly. But maybe I misunderstood something.
I was nullreading Taly. But I townread Ank and she seems to have a pretty strong grasp on Taly's meta.
When you want to sort me without relying on someone else's meta, lmk.

^And to be clear, this is not "suspicion" I'm casting, I'm being truthful.
In post 2945, Krazy wrote:Taly any progress on bottom two ladies/bottom three gents? Given a few people listed Allo as their top fos, and he has offered a dance to Brie, do you feel Allo should be paired?
I'm not feeling strong enough on anyone being 100% ruled out, especially early-phase scumreads.

And I don't have strong scumreads, so what value is me giving bottom 2 ladies and bottom 3 gents?

I have more bottom gents than bottom ladies, though.
In post 2951, Ankamius wrote:Tbh Taly I think there's not much to do about it by this point

I really just want you to be aware that he could be trying to play the long game here, which involves the scumteam predominantly pocketing their partners of choice.

FTR if RC is legitimately scum here, I would be far more suspicious of Krazy than I already am since my presence would be the biggest danger for him and it would make RC's overall play with this make perfect sense.
*shrug* RC
is town to me.
Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2913, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2715, Allomancer wrote:I have nothing to say to her. Only you, Ank, and fb are townreads.
Brie, PB, and GE are null-reads;
i wasn't really sure about the order.
In post 2909, Allomancer wrote:Okay looks like people are pairing. I better hurry up. I know Taly won't pair with me, so
I'm going with my second highest townread unpaired lady

TheBrie, dance with me?
Brie, you can do better. This is desperate.
Depending on who Taly chooses, one of Krazy/DT/Urist, I think?
I'm literally seconds away from accepting
Krazy
, do you think it's too early?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2937, Taly wrote:The only reason I'm not accepting
Krazy
RIGHT NOW
is because I want to give
Ank
a fair hearing... even though I strongly doubt my view will change.

Also, I want
Krazy
to be present when I do it but that's not a requirement.
I think that’s wise.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2976, Krazy wrote:

I was iffy on the post too, but I didn't see value in pointing it out since my read hasn't changed either.

Also because part of my earliest paranoia of
Ank
was for the reason
PB
listed here.

p-edit

I don't know if
Ank
has anything else to say before I make my decision?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2941, Pink Ball wrote:I'm really happy for Nancy and Dann :)
<3 And I’m happy for you and Worm. You two make a cute couple.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2944, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2942, Something_Smart wrote:I think that post only comes from Allo if he actually is desperate, which he could still be as scum-- but I also think he'd be more likely to hide it.

Especially if, as you're saying, he might be putting on an act, it'd be weoyto abruptly drop the act and show his genuine fear.
This makes sense. I guess I just find the progression from frustration that people are yolo-pairing and repeated assertions that people should wait as long as possible to pair, to suddenly asking a null read to dance without really interacting with her or doing anything else to be very jarring.

You're right though, it could be town desperation too, and that's how I read Vedith's early game play as well. I guess the difference is Vedith was honest with his desperation from the start.
This whole pre-dance mechanic is kind of stressful. Last go round, I had a solid offer in McQueen, so I really didn’t feel it so much.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

Go ahead Taly

I'm pretty much tapped out of the game now
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

All I really have to say is don't lock him as town.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2950, Krazy wrote:I want Gamma paired and I have no idea which gent would work for her given she's clearly been struggling to keep up/engage with the game. I'm not sure if that means we should pair her with someone quiet who is also working on catchups like moment, or someone that might help her keep track of what's going on... like... idk Pvt?

My tonal townreads on Gamma can be wrong though, but I'm still feeling pretty decent about her this game albeit off a low sample size of posts.
The men get the voting power from the ladies based on coinage, so the 5,6,7 coin ladies need to choose wisely, so they don’t pair with a scum gent who can yolomislynch.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:37 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2984, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2941, Pink Ball wrote:I'm really happy for Nancy and Dann :)
<3 And I’m happy for you and Worm. You two make a cute couple.
Love wins. I feel like George Harrison and you being Eric Clapton
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2951, Ankamius wrote:Tbh Taly I think there's not much to do about it by this point

I really just want you to be aware that he could be trying to play the long game here, which involves the scumteam predominantly pocketing their partners of choice.

FTR if RC is legitimately scum here, I would be far more suspicious of Krazy than I already am since my presence would be the biggest danger for him and it would make RC's overall play with this make perfect sense.
Why does scum!RC pair up with you over me/Taly?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2958, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2956, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2947, Pink Ball wrote:I expect the scumteam to have me as null in this game, specially after pairing with dr worm who, despite being townread now, it's easy to "change their mind" about him and mislynch us. Guess what fuckos: not gonna happen
Yea I'm going to be defending this pair. Extremely wary of people's scum reads on Dr Worm and the quality of those reads
Keep an eye on how people treat Moment and TheBrie too. I'd bet money on both of them being town.
I can maybe see Brie but why Moment? I’m still null on her.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2959, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2957, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Who are you implying is playing “town leader” here? Certainly not Taly?
Krazy. I'm comparing his play to scum-Taly's in a previous game.
Oh okay, that makes more sense.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2991, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2958, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2956, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2947, Pink Ball wrote:I expect the scumteam to have me as null in this game, specially after pairing with dr worm who, despite being townread now, it's easy to "change their mind" about him and mislynch us. Guess what fuckos: not gonna happen
Yea I'm going to be defending this pair. Extremely wary of people's scum reads on Dr Worm and the quality of those reads
Keep an eye on how people treat Moment and TheBrie too. I'd bet money on both of them being town.
I can maybe see Brie but why Moment? I’m still null on her.
don't think anything I can say on that will matter

I doubt moment is making it very far regardless
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2961, Krazy wrote:So Ank, your meta on Gamma isn't too bad, but if you even remember Ircher's game, I correctly made the argument that she is *typically more engaged as scum*.

That being said, I have seen Gamma bring some strong reasoning as town and I have seen Gamma flake out as scum. Generally her mood has a lot more to do with gamestate/team than it does her alignment. So I'm inclined to call that NAI.

I think it's more useful to analyze her based on her relevant thoughts about the game in question and the quality of those thoughts--and you are welcome to scumcase those

but let me look at her iso and see if I can remember what I liked
I initially townread her. It’s more of a null for me at this point. I’vd noticed that a scumtell for her, is to be very self-referential, which I haven’t seen here so far but I know that activity reads are frequently misleading in general, so I’m leery of putting too much stock in that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2963, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2960, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2905, Dannflor wrote:I don't see a scenario where scum would *want* a scum/scum pairing unless they were forced into it.
Yes because unless all 3 scum make the F2, I don’t see how they’d win.
Here's my question to you Nancy: what is scum doing to ensure they can get to endgame?
Plotting mislynches, I’d assume. Isn’t that what scum usually does?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2981, Taly wrote:When you want to sort me without relying on someone else's meta, lmk.
Do you think her meta argument is inaccurate?
In post 2509, Ankamius wrote:He feels a lot more like the one town Taly I played with years ago than the over the top scum Taly that I strongly believe he would have opened with like Echo Bay Grits and Labyrinth

The difference is very jarring and its a lot easier to see the genuineness in what he's posting when he plays this way.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2965, Allomancer wrote:
In post 2949, Pink Ball wrote:By the way, now that I'm paired I can freely claim my coinage: I'm the 5 coin lady
you gave dr worm 5 coins? oh fuck no oh god
Worm isn’t going to yololynch anyone. C’mon. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2995, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2963, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2960, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Yes because unless all 3 scum make the F2, I don’t see how they’d win.
Here's my question to you Nancy: what is scum doing to ensure they can get to endgame?
Plotting mislynches, I’d assume. Isn’t that what scum usually does?
does that matter if there's two all-town pairings that will reach endgame before everyone else
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2966, Ankamius wrote:I have 4 coins if it helps
That’s what I had last time.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”