Newbie 1913 - game over!!

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #30  (isolation #0)  » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:42 pm

In post 26, hearthstone1235 wrote:Volxen. Im wondering how fast is your typing speed. It felt weird that transition from lynching the mod to starting a random vote. And it all happened in seven minutes. Why didnt you include both in same message or was that an afterthought. Or did you do that to seperate the joke from the real part. Still I find it a little fishy that that happened in seven minutes.

VOTE: volxen
hmmm..feels reachy, but meh..



I agree with this being a reach for the stars.

VOTE: hearthstone1235

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #37  (isolation #1)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:41 am

In post 32, brassherald wrote:For the record, you do not need to actually unvote. I don't know if the worst prefers that you do, but it is not a requirement


Thanks for that, I'm pretty new to this so honestly was about to do an unvote and then vote again.

[/vote]Blank[vote] Because he's quiet, do people ever get upset and not post because they get a role they don't like?

Also on that note, especially for the more experienced players and Brass, what are your favorite roles to play?

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #38  (isolation #2)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:42 am

In post 37, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 32, brassherald wrote:For the record, you do not need to actually unvote. I don't know if the worst prefers that you do, but it is not a requirement


Thanks for that, I'm pretty new to this so honestly was about to do an unvote and then vote again.

[/vote]BlankVOTE: Because he's quiet, do people ever get upset and not post because they get a role they don't like?

Also on that note, especially for the more experienced players and Brass, what are your favorite roles to play?


Meant to do [vote]Blank, oops.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #44  (isolation #3)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm

That's fair, actually. Best thing would be to not change your play style, right?

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #51  (isolation #4)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:40 pm

In post 45, brassherald wrote:
In post 37, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 32, brassherald wrote:For the record, you do not need to actually unvote. I don't know if the worst prefers that you do, but it is not a requirement


Thanks for that, I'm pretty new to this so honestly was about to do an unvote and then vote again.

[/vote]Blank[vote] Because he's quiet, do people ever get upset and not post because they get a role they don't like?

Also on that note, especially for the more experienced players and Brass, what are your favorite roles to play?

I strongly prefer town. In this set up, I always like getting cop or Vanilla Townie the most. Though outside of this set up, I do have to admit Vigilante is fun. A town sided Night Kill is the dream


Thanks for sharing :)

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #55  (isolation #5)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 pm

In post 54, the worst wrote:quack



Is this what we say about opinions?

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #57  (isolation #6)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:03 pm

I figured, just thought it was an amusing moment to read "quack" after what you said.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #106  (isolation #7)  » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 pm

In post 101, brassherald wrote:
In post 57, SaintAngelDFE wrote:I figured, just thought it was an amusing moment to read "quack" after what you said.

What are your thoughts on the game so far?


I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, actually! Most of my experience is with town of salem, but I was referred here by a friend that used to play on these forums.

I'm definitely starting to agree with the push on Roo, he hasn't said anything as of late.

VOTE: Roo

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125  (isolation #8)  » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:37 pm

In post 120, xwing wrote:@l8:
i feel like saint's got no original reasoning, mainly pushing what others have stated..
his first vote on hearth was echoing what i thought..
his second vote was on blank (not sure if it technically counted coz of the formatting, but the intent was there), who was inactive/site flaked..
his third vote on roo was echoing what others were saying..
he's not even engaging tried to engage them..
so his votes also feel opportunistic and just wanting a lynch instead of trying to sort..


For the most part I'm trying to figure out how forum mafia works honestly, as stated before I've only really played Town of Salem which is much more fast paced than this, trying to learn as I go. I'm not trying to lead for any lynching based on the fact that I'm not sure how well any scum reading I might be able to pick up would actually be.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #141  (isolation #9)  » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:57 pm

In post 131, L84Dnr wrote:
In post 125, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 120, xwing wrote:@l8:
i feel like saint's got no original reasoning, mainly pushing what others have stated..
his first vote on hearth was echoing what i thought..
his second vote was on blank (not sure if it technically counted coz of the formatting, but the intent was there), who was inactive/site flaked..
his third vote on roo was echoing what others were saying..
he's not even engaging tried to engage them..
so his votes also feel opportunistic and just wanting a lynch instead of trying to sort..


For the most part I'm trying to figure out how forum mafia works honestly, as stated before I've only really played Town of Salem which is much more fast paced than this, trying to learn as I go. I'm not trying to lead for any lynching based on the fact that I'm not sure how well any scum reading I might be able to pick up would actually be.


Same here. I'm used to a 24 hour day cycle, which is much faster paced. Posting will help you with that.

Right now I have to agree with xwing.

VOTE: SaintAngelDFE

So tell us, what are your reads? On Day 1 they're always weak, so no worries there.



Right now? My reads are that xwing is likely town, he is jumping around a lot and searching from information.
Brass makes me nervous because he is experienced, I'm not sure I'm ready or even able to make an accurate claim on him yet.
The vote on Roo was more or less trying to see if he could have been trying to talk to other mafia before he responded? But unfortunately the response he gave seemed genuine and not rushed. It was a reach and I should have voiced it.
I don't have too much of a read on Volxen based on similar issues as Brass, however I feel a little more sure that he's town.
Yellow is neutral to me, I'm not picking up on anything going either direction.
DoubtingThomas is talkative and definitely trying to push forward to get information, but he hasn't really pushed for any. I think that's suspicious, but like I said I'm still learning.

My suspects right now are between Volxen and DT. VOTE: volxen

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #163  (isolation #10)  » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:45 pm

In post 142, brassherald wrote:
In post 141, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 131, L84Dnr wrote:
In post 125, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 120, xwing wrote:@l8:
i feel like saint's got no original reasoning, mainly pushing what others have stated..
his first vote on hearth was echoing what i thought..
his second vote was on blank (not sure if it technically counted coz of the formatting, but the intent was there), who was inactive/site flaked..
his third vote on roo was echoing what others were saying..
he's not even engaging tried to engage them..
so his votes also feel opportunistic and just wanting a lynch instead of trying to sort..


For the most part I'm trying to figure out how forum mafia works honestly, as stated before I've only really played Town of Salem which is much more fast paced than this, trying to learn as I go. I'm not trying to lead for any lynching based on the fact that I'm not sure how well any scum reading I might be able to pick up would actually be.


Same here. I'm used to a 24 hour day cycle, which is much faster paced. Posting will help you with that.

Right now I have to agree with xwing.

VOTE: SaintAngelDFE

So tell us, what are your reads? On Day 1 they're always weak, so no worries there.



Right now? My reads are that xwing is likely town, he is jumping around a lot and searching from information.
Brass makes me nervous because he is experienced, I'm not sure I'm ready or even able to make an accurate claim on him yet.
The vote on Roo was more or less trying to see if he could have been trying to talk to other mafia before he responded? But unfortunately the response he gave seemed genuine and not rushed. It was a reach and I should have voiced it.
I don't have too much of a read on Volxen based on similar issues as Brass, however I feel a little more sure that he's town.
Yellow is neutral to me, I'm not picking up on anything going either direction.
DoubtingThomas is talkative and definitely trying to push forward to get information, but he hasn't really pushed for any. I think that's suspicious, but like I said I'm still learning.

My suspects right now are between Volxen and DT. VOTE: volxen

Wait, Volxen you are more sure is town than me, and he's a top suspect?

Your reads don't match your vote, explain ASAP


My bad for the late response to this one - long day at work. I had been typing this in between a couple of meetings and must have honestly gotten mixed up while reading it back through, no real excuse as to why I added Volxen or voted him.

I need to start re-reading what I type, especially if I'm going to try and post while at work apparently. My only "scum read" is on DT honestly, but I'm not completely sure about Yellow or Brass still.


VOTE: DoubtingThomas

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #247  (isolation #11)  » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:06 pm

In post 165, xwing wrote:
In post 163, SaintAngelDFE wrote:My bad for the late response to this one - long day at work. I had been typing this in between a couple of meetings and must have honestly gotten mixed up while reading it back through, no real excuse as to why I added Volxen or voted him.

I need to start re-reading what I type, especially if I'm going to try and post while at work apparently. My only "scum read" is on DT honestly, but I'm not completely sure about Yellow or Brass still.

sorry saint, im not sold on your explanation..
if it was a mistype or mix up, then you should had have just one scum read and not two?
also, DT and volxen are waaaay too distinct from each other to have them mixed up..
lastly, your reads are almost all null or back tracking..
like what's your case on DT? he's "pushing forward for info but then not really pushing"? i dont get what you're saying..


I have no particular excuse outside of repeating the fact that I had meetings in between typing my post, my mind was in two different places. It was likely that I had meant to include Yellow at the time instead of Volxen and merely gotten mixed up, but I'm not completely sure at this point.

My read on DT was just that he is essentially beating around the bush, he wants information but at the time he hadn't particularly pushed on anyone like others have. Reading posts since then I want to say that his wall of text was either him getting too "into character" or an attempt at misdirection of some sort, I'm not sure how to read that one yet.

Volxen, as for your referencing me calling it "unfortunate" that Roo's answer seemed genuine and unrushed, I only called in unfortunate because my attempt at getting a read ended in nothing more than "Possible town." I understand that this can be seen as a good thing, but our goal here is to figure out who is scum, so in my opinion while a town read is helpful it was not what I was hoping for in the long run, as it would have been more fortunate to get a possible scum read, at least short-term.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #278  (isolation #12)  » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:07 am

In post 256, hearthstone1235 wrote:In post 181, hearthstone1235 wrote:In post 141, SaintAngelDFE wrote:The vote on Roo was more or less trying to see if he could have been trying to talk to other mafia before he responded? But unfortunately the response he gave seemed genuine and not rushed. It was a reach and I should have voiced it.Yellow is neutral to me, I'm not picking up on anything going either direction.Don't you find it suspicious that Yellow hasn't done that much? Can you elaborate on the red part?


By the red part I had meant that I should have explained why I was voting him when I did, I realize now that it would have been more helpful for getting the information I was hoping for.

@Volxen, do people really get friends to coach them in matches? That kind of defeats the purpose of a learning curve in my eyes. The most I've ever gotten were stories and a small explanation on the difference between this game and Town of Salem (Not including the duration, that much was obvious) and then basically told the only way I'll really learn is by playing.

@Hearth, long term/short term is based on my being used to a faster paced game, I'm much more used to trying to find as accurate a scum read I can before pushing someone, because in the game I'm used to a bad lynch can easily cost you the game, there's not enough time for a full discussion on each slip going either way so if I wagon one person it would normally lead to one to two other mislynches, usually ending in a loss. In the short term I want to find scum as fast as possible and be completely sure about it, but long term I understand that confirming town will end in a win if the game is played out near perfect. It's looking like gameplay on this level there is no real short term, as long as I get good then I should be able to get accurate reads early. It's basically just how I'm used to playing versus how I should be playing that influenced my calling it unfortunate.

Like I said, I definitely have a town lean from Roo, and repeating my possible scum reads; I'm still not trusting DT and I definitely understand the wagon on Yellow, but I am hesitant to vote on him (Putting him at L-1 I believe) and I would like to see more posts explaining some of his behavior like I've been pushed/trying to do.

Still no confident reads from Brass, but that's likely me being intimidated as a newer player and knowing that if he is town, he could be crucial for us later in the game.

Let me know if I missed any questions, I try to reread through recent posts as I make my replies to check for that, but there's always that chance.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #310  (isolation #13)  » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:36 pm

In post 302, hearthstone1235 wrote:saint wrote:Like I said, I definitely have a town lean from Roo, and repeating my possible scum reads; I'm still not trusting DT and I definitely understand the wagon on Yellow, but I am hesitant to vote on him (Putting him at L-1 I believe) and I would like to see more posts explaining some of his behavior like I've been pushed/trying to do.

What do you think of DT being a little more active during the end, does that change your read on him?

Why were you hesitant to vote on him? bold part gives town vibes

saint wrote:Still no confident reads from Brass, but that's likely me being intimidated as a newer player and knowing that if he is town, he could be crucial for us later in the game.

Or, He could be scum. Your way of treating Brass's case is not going to help later in the game.


My read on DT has changed, I'm looking at him as closer to null to null/town at this point, I'm definitely liking a bit of his content but still think the wall he posted using self-meta could have been a tell.

As for the vote on yellow - I by bringing up that I could put him at L-1 I was trying to add pressure without saying that I had intent to lynch, I think it's a good lynch but he definitely deserves time to defend himself like I was able to and I'm curious to see how it goes.

On to Brass. I saw another post asking how I would read him if he wasn't the IC. I think if me and brass were assumedly at a similar level of experience with just as many games played I would give him a null/town vibe, if not a little more in favor of town. He has been consistent with his posts, digging for information and doing his best to find as accurate a read as he can. I haven't particularly noticed any scum-tells or the like, so I would like to trust brass until I or someone else notices something significant enough to change my read on him.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #314  (isolation #14)  » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:35 pm

In post 312, YellowSnow wrote:I don't care if I'm lynched. I'm pretty sure there is scum on my wagon so town wins either way. I'll get a reads list done tomorrow.


Assuming you ARE town (Which after this post I find it unlikely) please be sure to mention who on your wagon you believe to be scum specifically? This post is not what I would expect from a town player, honestly, especially when it's been stated by 6 people that a lynch on you is in sight.

If the scum are on your wagon that only really narrows it down to two players who aren't suspected. If you're town, why not try to talk yourself down at this point? I am confused.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #404  (isolation #15)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:59 pm

In post 392, YellowSnow wrote:In this case I disagree on a lynch being better than a no lynch. I think we are narrowing down who the scum are and can afford one no lynch and I can be a valuable player.


I'm definitely with Brass on questioning this one, as a semi-experienced player you would know how that works better than most of us, excluding Brass. A mislynch confirms a townie, it reduces the number of claims and can make it easier to locate scum merely by decreasing number of unconfirmed.

At this point I'm starting to believe that you would be a safe lynch in any case, even without a good read, because as you stated in your post #393 "I think you know from our newbie game that I am not a town liability in normal circumstances." and followed up stating that you haven't been able to be active due to IRL, meaning this isn't normal circumstances. Even if they were to lynch me, if your current playstyle continues it would be hard not to (mis)lynch you anyways due to the scum-reads people are already seeing from you.

You've been posting more frequently the last couple of days, but nothing substantial has come from you other than calling to lynch me instead or claiming that you can be valuable to town.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #427  (isolation #16)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:58 pm

In post 418, L84Dnr wrote:I'd also like to hear from Saint.

VOTE: Saint

Saint, your ISO looks awfully lurky. Is there a good reason for that?


My lurking, especially in the last week, has been mostly work related. I plan on being a lot better about posting from here on out, my apologies.

I'll be posting a detailed read list in the next couple of hours after I have a chance to read back through day one a bit, I'd like to make sure I've got everything right before I make a mistake like I did last time. I'm thinking I'll try and get as accurate read I can on the SE's and the IC because like L8 said, it's kind of weird that they survived when I think scum would have wanted to get rid of someone more capable of calling them out.

Was there anybody that Hearth was particularly suspecting? I didn't notice anything specifically aimed at anyone until the wagon on Yellow, but I'll be rereading again just in case, not saying they're scum it's just something I want to look back on.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #477  (isolation #17)  » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 pm

In post 473, L84Dnr wrote:@Saint Do you have any thoughts on why BlurryX wasn't voting at the end of Day 1? To be precise, if you are town, then this vote count looks like scum paradise:

vote count 1.18

hearthstone1235 (0) :
YellowSnow (4) : volxen, hearthstone1235, L84Dnr, brassherald
L84Dnr (0) :
BlurryX (1) : SaintAngelDFE
Roo (0) :
SaintAngelDFE (3) : xwing, Roo, YellowSnow
volxen (0) :
xwing (0) :
brassherald (0) :

not voting: BlurryX


All that BlurryX had to do was hop on your wagon to produce two town wagons, both at L-1 with just a few hours until end of day. Chaos abounds and some poor townie mislynches another townie. If he's lucky, you hammer YellowSnow, which pretty much sets you up to be a guaranteed Day 2 mislynch. Can you think of a good reason why he might not have seized that opportunity?


Honestly looking at blurry's voting history (or lack thereof) I'm guessing that either he thought that voting to lynch me would be seen as hopping onto a wagon - which may have been overthinking it seeing as he joined in roughly 48 hours before EOD which would have made it understandable - or he might have been trying to make a play by pushing me day 2 to guarantee a mislynch since I was/am already suspected as scum by a majority of the rest of the town.

To touch on some of the points brought up by others, I am noticing when I read back through that a lot of any Brass/DT interactions have been essentially hot potato, they mention eachother or call eachother out a little and then seem to just move on without particularly pushing. This could have also been because of DT's rather intense self-reads and (now) obvious misdirection by using knowledge none of us would be able to have due to this not being his first forum for mafia/werewolf.

I'd also like to look into the interactions between xwing and the DT/BlurryX slot? Reading back through there are little to NO interactions between the two except where xwing seemingly misread one of DT's posts and gave him a town read, at least until he was called out and claimed a slip, and then xwing was one of Blurry's earliest town leans, after which there were next to no interaction between them. Is there any reason for this outside of the heavy push for my lynch?


VOTE: xwing

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #478  (isolation #18)  » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:27 pm

xwing is now at L-1, nobody vote him until we can get answers please. I'd like to see some answers to the questions L8 and myself have posted.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #505  (isolation #19)  » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:43 pm

My scum lean is still xwing. People were making reads based on the interactions between brass and DT, but nobody mentioned the fact that outside of the single post from xwing there have been maybe two or three posts between the two slots. To me, this looks like a scum v scum distancing done to the extreme. I'd like to look deeper into this, but it's not looking like I'll be able to stay off the noose long enough to see it through.
I have no scum reads from Roo or L8, at this point they're both still hunting past me while xwing has been b-lining for my lynch since d1.

SaintAngelDFE
Townie
 
Joined: January 14, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #528  (isolation #20)  » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:48 pm

Honestly the kills on Hearth and Volxen were designed because they were the ones that suspected me the least - I was trying to make a play play on xwing but my active lurking because of my nerves coming to play with my inexperience made it hard for me to know what to post, and after that first mix up I ended up freezing to a point. Complete luck that they were PR's, but after the kill on Hearth (We RB'd Volxen that night) I suspected that Volxen might have been a PR due to nobody coming out saying something about being a Cop (Which ended up being a wrong guess on my behalf) but he ended up being the jailor. I wonder who he jailed N2? Curious.


[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games