DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 3247, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3220, DoubtingThomas wrote: by some miracle you post whenever i am in the thread which is a rare occasion
Here is the lie. You say I post when you're in the thread, which SHOULD make the inverse true (you post when I'm in the thread). Despite this I remember 0 of your posting. So that does not compute.
dude i am nto fucking lying. maybe you can iso me and see how many times i saw your post/commented about you which is a lot in terms of how many different times i entered the thread (only 3, 4 days tbh)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3247, Gamma Emerald wrote:Here is the lie. You say I post when you're in the thread, which SHOULD make the inverse true (you post when I'm in the thread). Despite this I remember 0 of your posting. So that does not compute.
Not necessarily. Some people are really forgettable.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 3246, Something_Smart wrote:Yelling at you for calling him scum.
unreal read

is it cuz u scum read me or because her 'emotion' was real?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I was a little shy @Krazy :oops:
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3251, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3247, Gamma Emerald wrote:Here is the lie. You say I post when you're in the thread, which SHOULD make the inverse true (you post when I'm in the thread). Despite this I remember 0 of your posting. So that does not compute.
Not necessarily. Some people are really forgettable.
I agree but claiming something like that makes sirens blare for me.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3253, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was a little shy @Krazy :oops:
damn wish you'd said it, I would have LOVED to see Gamma Emerald fight Nancy Drew for my hand!

:lol:
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:37 pm

In post 3252, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 3246, Something_Smart wrote:Yelling at you for calling him scum.
unreal read

is it cuz u scum read me or because her 'emotion' was real?
Latter. I wouldn't expect scum in the already precarious position she is in to be making more enemies.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Krazy »

Gamma who should be your beau?
vote conspiracy
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 3234, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3233, PvtUrist wrote:inb4 Allo and SS both flip town
Wtf is this supposed to mean?
it's pretty clear what it means. Urist thinks both me and you are town. I disagree.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1319, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 1317, Gamma Emerald wrote:Could you not spam the thread
FOR FIVE MINUTES?
scummy
In post 3156, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 3154, Krazy wrote:Your remaining options are TheBrie, Gamma Emerlad, and Something_Smart

Do you have strong reads are any of the three?
i dont even remember reading something_smart

i dont think i liked gamma's pop ins like 3 / 3 times ive read her posts but i only read 3 of her posts lol

TheBrie uhhhhh i read her posts but then i forgot what they were about

i think if i see her avatar i can remember the general vibe ive gotten from her previously
In post 3191, DoubtingThomas wrote:wheres gamma
All direct mentions before this interaction. Its consistent with the story, but I still fail to understand how one can claim to be in the thread so close to when I am and miss me entirely. Missed Him By That Much is beyond my Willing Suspension of Disbelief.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3257, Krazy wrote:Gamma who should be your beau?
Well I'm not pairing with DT lol. Dr. Worm would have been a good second imo but that's also taken. Out of the rest I need to look over Moment, Allo maybe, and Urist I guess I'd be okay with.
<Embrace The Void>

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Krazy »

Well some people were talking about leaving Allo out of the dance so if you have a strong tr there you should convince us

I believe in you Gamma! Find at least one town in those three! Is Moment Town? Is Urist? Let's find out in this week's episode of -- Who is Gamma going to the dance with?
vote conspiracy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3261, Krazy wrote:Well some people were talking about leaving Allo out of the dance so if you have a strong tr there you should convince us

I believe in you Gamma! Find at least one town in those three! Is Moment Town? Is Urist? Let's find out in this week's episode of -- Who is Gamma going to the dance with?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Moment you still haven't answered the question I asked you a while back.
<Embrace The Void>

PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Intro; already felt off/ungenuine by the second post, don't know what 33 meant.
Spoiler: 29, 30, 33
In post 28, Dannflor wrote:Hello, ladies and gentlemen!

Here's hoping this isn't a high school drama redux
In post 30, Dannflor wrote:I don't have a car but I look good in a suit and I'll buy you flowers
In post 33, Dannflor wrote:A little out of my element, I can't adopt my usual strategy of standing by the food and swaying occasionally.

Cute comments that does nothing for the game, this doesn't stop happening either.
Spoiler: 40, 49
In post 40, Dannflor wrote: You're a bit of a player, aren't you?
In post 49, Dannflor wrote:
In post 44, Nancy Drew 39 wrote: Vedith is starting to remind me of every bad boyfriend I’ve ever had. :(
But maybe this time you can change him!

NAI mech talk;
Spoiler: 60, 70, 78, 89, 94
In post 60, Dannflor wrote:To add to what Taly said, pairs should probably be decided near end of the pre-dance so we have the most info when making them. ...or we just pick a date we think is cute.
In post 70, Dannflor wrote:I mean ladies know how many coins they have yea? Can we just pair town read gents with high coin ladies, or am I missing something?
In post 78, Dannflor wrote:The idea of “do no sorting pre-dance” seems all sorts of wrong. If we keep coin mechanics in mind when we make our pairings I think we’re safeish?
In post 89, Dannflor wrote:The risk is pairing Mafia men with high coin ladies, yea? Is the solution not to claim coin totals and keep those in mind when making our town pairings (if we scum read the high coin ladies it could make the pairs messy but it would help eliminate the risk)?

Pedit: I’ll think about it more when I get home at a computer. There’s merit to discussing this, but my gut feeling is we shouldn’t just throw out reads for the first half of the game

More NAI mech talk;
Spoiler: 94, 106, 110, 113
In post 94, Dannflor wrote:I think reads can still be pulled out of pre-dance well, it’ll just be a little harder and take more time than a normal game due to all the fluff
In post 106, Dannflor wrote:
In post 101, Krazy wrote:1. Dude offers
2. If Lady likes the dude, Lady asks, "who all scumreads this guy?"
3. If it's less than half the town, she accepts. She only rejects if more than half the town rejects the pairing
I like this quite a bit

No lynching after the first day also gets us down to an odd number of pairs after the NK, yea?
In post 110, Dannflor wrote:
In post 105, Krazy wrote:So if I'm focusing a lot on setup spec rather than reads right now, it's because *one scenario in setup spec means we don't even talk about reads* which I know sounds really counter-intuitive and maybe dumb.
I'm not following that scum have as much power as you say they do in the first dance, even considering worst possible scenario coin totals. Won't the orchestration of a lynch on a pair that's been universally agreed to be town essentially reveal the entire scum team?
In post 113, Dannflor wrote:Like if town agrees on the town pairs, then it'd be obvious if one of them gets lynched by the scum team

Complains of fluff when his own posts are NAI. Townread on Vedith.
Spoiler: 211
In post 211, Dannflor wrote:
In post 190, Ankamius wrote:
In post 186, Allomancer wrote:
In post 177, Ankamius wrote:I agree that high coin ladies should claim since I did it last game

But I vehemently deny that skipping first dance is a good idea in any stretch
I agree
In post 180, Ankamius wrote:Dann is a scumread too btw
I disagree
He's done nothing that's town and the way he's dancing around the setup discussion feels too "scum trying to post a lot to hide how little they're saying" for my taste
A lot of people are posting a lot, very few people have said anything of value.

Vedith’s self preservation is town, also

Gets called out for posts that don't advance the game.
Spoiler: 213, 218
In post 213, Ankamius wrote: Your posting specifically is wooden and doesn't even look to be advancing that discussion like everybody else's is

Why is that if you are town?
In post 218, Dannflor wrote:Well I disagree my posting is wooden :(

I think the setup discussion was necessary to have and get out of the way early. I disagree everyone else is advancing discussion, in fact there’s been a lot of redundant posts/discussion along the lines of what you’re criticizing me for. I’ll explain what I mean when I get home

First readlist;
Spoiler: 237, 268, 307
In post 237, Dannflor wrote:
In post 155, Allomancer wrote:Vedith is seeming kinda scummy here.
This is scummy
In post 268, Dannflor wrote:I didn’t find it scummy because you didn’t supply reasoning, Allomancer. That’s a bit of a leap. I’ll explain when I get home because my phone is about to die
In post 307, Dannflor wrote: I don't like this because it's a lazy read. I don't like the "seeming kinda" wording to begin with, but aside from that, I think scum reading Vedith is easy but doesn't really make sense if you think about it. I don't think scum shows as much desperation to get a dance as he does. Worst case scenario, scum can buddy and pair up if they have to. Probably not optimal, but their strategy is probably closer to pocketing one person and not really worrying about being the odd man out. The motivation behind that behavior (even joking behavior) comes from town imo

Also, I don't like Allomancer's immediate defensiveness of not justifying his reads and pointing to previous games as "look I'm matching my town meta!" Doesn't seem like a town response

I think Vedith, Gamma, Ankamius, and Alisae are town

Don't like Allomancer, Nancy or Tally tbh

Krazy is mixed but leaning town

tl;dr Initial posts are fluff disguised as mech talk. Agenda of appealing rather than actually benefitting town. Intro is NAI/scum-lean.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Scumreads Nancy and Taly for "empty posts", which ofcourse is unlike what he's been posting.
Spoiler: 312, 315, 318
In post 312, Dannflor wrote:Nancy, what are your reads at this point?
In post 315, Dannflor wrote:Because you ask a lot of (imo seemingly empty) questions but don't seem to be following through/drawing any conclusions from them.
In post 318, Dannflor wrote:
In post 304, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Because he didn’t state a reason for his Vedith scumread?
Why is this such a sticking point? No one ever said not stating reasons was scummy, that's not what this is about

Spoiler: 331
In post 331, Dannflor wrote:
In post 319, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why not Taly? He seemed pretty damned townie to me?
ISO is surface level fine, but it's mostly just repeating and restating stuff that has already been said and asking some empty questions.

Implys that he doesn't scumread Nancy,
Spoiler: 339
In post 339, Dannflor wrote:
In post 312, Dannflor wrote:Nancy, what are your reads at this point?
In post 315, Dannflor wrote:Because you ask a lot of (imo seemingly empty) questions but don't seem to be following through/drawing any conclusions from them.
Could you answer this?

Mostly, I consider asking a lot of questions without there being an actual point to them a scum tell. Also, your weird defense of yourself saying you're only being scum read because you town read Allomancer? I don't think anyone said that and it's a weird conclusion to jump to. It doesn't correlate with people saying you seem off

So what's this then?
Spoiler: 325
In post 325, Dannflor wrote:
In post 319, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Okay, so apparently I’m scum for not automatically being convinced Allo’s scum here, got it., :roll:
No. That's not at all why I scum read you.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Are you still scumreading DanceFloor, PvtUrist?? Oh, you!!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Let's do this instead: find his partners and I'll give you a cookie. Maybe two. 'cause you're not getting him lynched while dancing with Nancyng
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Taly »

skimmed up the thread... last thoughts of the day

ugh. I get and feel all the points on
Allo
-scum but then he makes posts like and I'm like
"well damn, if this flips town, I'm going to feel stupid as fuck"
, and I think ANYONE who townreads
Allo
should towncase him.

Right now, I don't know who I'd rather leave out in the dance, but I do still think
DT/TheBrie
are the towniest of their role pools, and thus, top priority to pair.

Not as sure about
Gamma
right now, they've been the least effective out of the lower posters in the thread tonight - but this is based off skimming.

I don't get the constant
PvtUrist V Dannflor
dichotomy bullshit being made, but it doesn't feel natural anymore; I don't want to cultivate more uncertainty over those two, but the TvT vibe about them has partially dissipated - I need to sleep on this.
(Pink, you townread them both, yes? Help me here.)

I think anyone pointing major scumreads right now versus thinking about pairs deserve an eyebrow raise. Might not be scum-indicative, but unhelpful.

"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:19 pm

In post 3267, Pink Ball wrote:Let's do this instead: find his partners and I'll give you a cookie.
This is a terrible idea please don't do this.

Don't scumhunt off of associatives with living players.

(And before anyone says anything, no this is not what I did with Allo and Dann.)
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

fml closed a post to ninja
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 3268, Taly wrote: I don't get the constant
PvtUrist V Dannflor
dichotomy bullshit being made, but it doesn't feel natural anymore; I don't want to cultivate more uncertainty over those two, but the TvT vibe about them has partially dissipated
Good. That's the intention.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 3271, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 3268, Taly wrote: I don't get the constant
PvtUrist V Dannflor
dichotomy bullshit being made, but it doesn't feel natural anymore; I don't want to cultivate more uncertainty over those two, but the TvT vibe about them has partially dissipated
Good. That's the intention.
In what world is this town-motivated?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3268, Taly wrote:I think anyone pointing major scumreads right now versus thinking about pairs deserve an eyebrow raise. Might not be scum-indicative, but unhelpful.
I feel like the two go hand-in-hand don't they?

Thinking about the bottom pairing directly effects how we imagine dance 1 playing out

also kinda confused why you'd be annoyed that Pvt finally did something this game
vote conspiracy
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 3267, Pink Ball wrote:Let's do this instead: find his partners and I'll give you a cookie. Maybe two.
'cause you're not getting him lynched while dancing with Nancyn
g
and that furthers my issue with mech that I've previously explained.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”