Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:46 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 228, Egix96 wrote:It's just that where Guilty says things like 'calling it a "logic leap" to paint Bambi negatively' and 'I find all their [Bambi's] reasoning pretty straightforward.' I feel like he's trying to either defend a scumbuddy or to get on your good side. I'm not really seeing the town motivation for that.
I was/am pushing back on the hydra's Bambi scumread to figure out whether it's a genuine scumread or a reactionary OMGUS, because I'm townreading Bambi. Why don't you see that as town motivated?

And am I wrong about the fact that the hydra was explicitly trying to make Bambi look bad? Like do you actually disagree with the points that I made?

I think BuJaber is town, Bambi is town. Not sure what to make of the hydra slot, a couple of their posts did feel vaguely townie and I like that they were townreading BuJaber as well. At the same time the fact that their two scumreads are the two people who applied pressure to them is pretty lazy
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

The more I think about it the more I think calling it "an indirect defense of Bambi more than a scum case" is bullshit. It's a case centered on the premise that the hydra's push on Bambi was done for self-serving purposes of discrediting/hyperbolizing rather than genuine town sorting. Yes in effect that works out to
also
be an indirect defense of Bambi, but the main point was clearly that the hydra's push itself was under scrutiny.

I don't see how you can honestly interpret that as *not* a scumcase. Fabricated scumreads, or scumreads out of an agenda, are scummy behavior. Thats the key point I was making with my . I happen to think Bambi' s town here, but even if I didn't, the logic of that post would still apply.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Votecount 1.1Bambi Jay (1) "Antihero"
"Antihero" (1): Bambi Jay

Not Voting: Clemency, Akagami Shanks, Egix96, mcqueeh, pidot, BuJaber, DoubtingThomas, rosterfoster, brassherald, GuiltyLion

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2019-02-24 12:30:00)

Day 1 officially starts! All vote since the start time were counted.

Will send out prods to those who have not confirmed.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by ajfefijsleifjsa »

Woah, plot twist
Petpets is better than neopets. Brought to you by NordVPN. We are young. Preferred abbreviation:
ajfefijsleifjsa

Join this 81 player mafia game
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 229, Bambi Jay wrote:You gotta think of this game differently, Egi, because otherwise you fall apart.
Ooh, sounds cryptic. Surely it can't be all that different from a regular game, right? I'm not gonna play differently from how I normally do just because it's multiball. I'm just thinking of the Werewolves as being the "true" Mafia team (since they have the KP) while the "Mafia" are really just a trio of Evil Masons as far as I'm concerned.
If anyone other then me or Applejack gets lynched I'll be disappointed.
Why should we restrict the choice of D1 lynch to just two slots so early in the game? That kind of thought is too narrow-minded IMO.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 231, Clemency wrote:hot take, ashjslfdjghnsporigöasirgunb and bambi are both scum
:igmeou:
I doubt that you seriously, unironically think that.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 242, Bambi Jay wrote:No, a Promise means a lot to me and I promise you and me aren't scum partners, but I'm not using it to say I'm not scum here otherwise I literally can do that anytime and it's bullshit and unfair to the spirit of the game.
I don't get it. Deception and intrigue are core themes of the Game of Mafia, so how is it BS to say stuff like "I promise that I'm not scum"? It's not as if the phrase "I promise" holds any actual weight in the game anyway. Even if you have personal raisins for not doing it, it's not as if you're gonna get *ahem* od-may illed-kay for angle-way ooting-shay.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:46 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 255, Egix96 wrote:
In post 231, Clemency wrote:hot take, ashjslfdjghnsporigöasirgunb and bambi are both scum
:igmeou:
I doubt that you seriously, unironically think that.
you never know what bambi and asidjehwhgehrbrnekeowhqvgwhrjroroekb3b3g2gtwtqgs could pull off
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 257, Clemency wrote:you never know what bambi and asidjehwhgehrbrnekeowhqvgwhrjroroekb3b3g2gtwtqgs could pull off
Okay, but to me it seemed more like a tinfoil hat theory than an actual, honest opinion.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 am

Post by Clemency »

im just looking for excuses to say asjdjdhwbwvhwkekfbbrbehwisiaikqlqlqoaosusuhehehehrgefqy7w828292jdbehwja8w8ai11h
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 250, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 228, Egix96 wrote:It's just that where Guilty says things like 'calling it a "logic leap" to paint Bambi negatively' and 'I find all their [Bambi's] reasoning pretty straightforward.' I feel like he's trying to either defend a scumbuddy or to get on your good side. I'm not really seeing the town motivation for that.
I was/am pushing back on the hydra's Bambi scumread to figure out whether it's a genuine scumread or a reactionary OMGUS, because I'm townreading Bambi. Why don't you see that as town motivated?

And am I wrong about the fact that the hydra was explicitly trying to make Bambi look bad? Like do you actually disagree with the points that I made?

I think BuJaber is town, Bambi is town. Not sure what to make of the hydra slot, a couple of their posts did feel vaguely townie and I like that they were townreading BuJaber as well. At the same time the fact that their two scumreads are the two people who applied pressure to them is pretty lazy
- It simply hadn't occurred to me that that might have been what you were aiming to achieve. Is THAT something I could see as town-motivated? Of course. But did I realise that you might be doing it? Obviously not.

- I can see that ajfe were criticising Bambi's thought process, but it doesn't read to me like their primary purpose was just to shade her, but rather to try and make her reconsider her stance on them.
ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:02 am

Post by ajfefijsleifjsa »

Honestly, I want to know how you managed to type an umlaut in your keyboard mash.
Petpets is better than neopets. Brought to you by NordVPN. We are young. Preferred abbreviation:
ajfefijsleifjsa

Join this 81 player mafia game
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:18 am

Post by Clemency »

i'm
finnish
from jupiter
it's part of our alphabet
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 am

Post by rosterfoster »

I decided not to interfere in that stupid hydra discussion. Entirely pointless.

Guilty is overexplaining everything. Bambi is town, hydra IDK. I'm going to find that difficult if they don't sign their posts. Particularly when 3 or 4 of them are attacking Bambi at once.

VOTE: Guiltylion
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 260, Egix96 wrote:- It simply hadn't occurred to me that that might have been what you were aiming to achieve. Is THAT something I could see as town-motivated? Of course. But did I realise that you might be doing it? Obviously not.
Aight, this is fair.
In post 260, Egix96 wrote:- I can see that ajfe were criticising Bambi's thought process, but it doesn't read to me like their primary purpose was just to shade her, but rather to try and make her reconsider her stance on them.
I can definitely see the latter as well, I guess we had different interpretations what the "primary" purpose was. Even the latter is still vaguely scummy to me though as town
should
be less concerned with being townread and arguing against scumreads on their slots. However a lot of town players are way too over-defensive in this way, which is why I tried a reach out in

how do you feel about Clemency? I'm not at all impressed with his ISO so far and I agree the "they're both scum" post was empty posting.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 264, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not at all impressed with his ISO so far
if i had a penny for every time i've heard this
i'd probably have half a dollar
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 am

Post by mcqueen »

hi again VOTE: Clemency
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 263, rosterfoster wrote:I decided not to interfere in that stupid hydra discussion. Entirely pointless.

Guilty is overexplaining everything.
Bambi is town, hydra IDK. I'm going to find that difficult if they don't sign their posts. Particularly when 3 or 4 of them are attacking Bambi at once.

VOTE: Guiltylion
:?:

bolded/red = everything I've been saying so far this game. You agree entirely with my takes, yet you think I'm scum because I'm "overexplaining" them?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Clemency

choo choo
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 am

Post by BuJaber »

That entire roster post is iffy.

Also regardless of what GL flips this game I think I will name my next hydra / alt account Town[something].. it's foolproof.
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 267, GuiltyLion wrote:bolded/red = everything I've been saying so far this game. You agree entirely with my takes, yet you think I'm scum because I'm "overexplaining" them?
My concern is mostly about this:
In post 250, GuiltyLion wrote:I was/am pushing back on the hydra's Bambi scumread to figure out whether it's a genuine scumread or a reactionary OMGUS, because I'm townreading Bambi. Why don't you see that as town motivated?
It reads to me like 'oh look at me I'm being proactive!'

Also this
In post 251, GuiltyLion wrote:Yes in effect that works out to also be an indirect defense of Bambi, but the main point was clearly that the hydra's push itself was under scrutiny.
It's the whole meta-analysis of your own posts which I find a little scummy, not what your conclusions are.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by brassherald »

Oh, hey, I'm in this game and have not been replaced despite having no internet last week at all.

I'll read tomorrow.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by brassherald »

Oh, hey, I barely missed anything, Day 1 just started!

Hardclaiming flying spaghetti monster.

VOTE: Egix
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 264, GuiltyLion wrote:-snip-

how do you feel about Clemency? I'm not at all impressed with his ISO so far and I agree the "they're both scum" post was empty posting.
He's null for me. S***posting is NAI for Clem as far as I know.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

this game should not be this slow on D1 with this many people

I don't agree with rosterfoster (since I was pushing back on Egix when analyzing myself and my own posts) but I don't see it as productive to push further and I can also loosely see how a town!him would read it that way, so I'm waiting to see how he engages with other slots. not sure what else there is to do right now until other players jump in.

Return to “Completed Open Games”