Newbie 1916: Epic Music [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Birdy
Birdy
Townie
Birdy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Birdy »

Here to confirm my presence. I see there's a bit of discussion going on already. See you all tomorrow.
Birdy
Birdy
Townie
Birdy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:50 am

Post by Birdy »

In post 55, Skellen wrote:
In post 48, teacher wrote: 1. Pocketing as an actual thing can only come from scum. It means to give town (generally leaders/influences) town reads in the hope of receiving the same. But as you noted later in thread, Clem's explicit use of the word in is "just that blatant." Put another way, it is too blatant to be a scumslip, at least from a player as good as Clem. His use of it here is a NAI joke consistent with the personality in his avatar. I took it as a way of sharing a townread on you and me with the board, but not as informative of his own alignment.

[cut]
1. Well yeah, I interpreted his post also like that, the way he phrased that still strikes me as weird, why even doing it so ambigious? I got by your little interaction with him that this might be his thing in terms of play style, therefore I am hesitating. Guess I will give it the benefit of doubt for now and watch where he goes with that, however personally I am not really fond of the "too scummy to be scum" card as it is a good way to cause confusion.

cut
This post reads as town to me. There's no ability for an actual push on Clem to be made, but Skellen maintains his line of "I don't know, it seems scummy to me". I suspect mafia would have been more likely to let this go, not willing to fight.
Birdy
Birdy
Townie
Birdy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:00 am

Post by Birdy »

In post 47, TemporalLich wrote:UNVOTE: roomy

roomy and Skellen currently strike me as soft town.
This was said in reaction to post 44 through 46. Roomy didn't do anything before then to warrant a town read, but I agree with the Skellen town read on that post.
In post 64, TemporalLich wrote:Clemency is pretty much my only possible townread,
the rest seem to be neutrals
This is what Lich is currently being suspected for, reneging on his townreads and "beetlejuicing". I don't agree that beetlejuicing is a legitimate scumread this early in the game, with individual posts being spread out over the course of one or two days.
In post 68, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 67, teacher wrote:The second beettlejuice answer, combined with the retreat from an expression of earlier copied town-reads especially when Skellen has not regressed in thread presence seems like a good enough reason for me.

VOTE: TemporalLich
Beetlejuice answer? That's something I've never heard before.

I'm taking the L due to the accidental slip, trying to cover it up is pretty much just game throwing.
I believe Lich is just naive town here. Reading his ISO feels like someone more trying to figure out what is going on than anything else. I do not believe that forgetting his townreads is a significant mark against him.

VOTE: CatStar to L-2 to force activity.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”