Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 76, Gamma Emerald wrote:This game is remarkably shorter thanI would’ve expected lol
Way shorter than I was expecting also.

VOTE: Clemency just in case.

Vote is pretty serious for reasons I believe are obvious since Cerb went and pointed them out and snatched away an opportunity to see who would react to me being serious
and
voting so early on day 1.

I'm not completely sure how I feel about that. Cerb's posts are otherwise in line with expectations. Taking away a very good opportunity to get some early ideas on people who have played with me before is
certainly
something he knew he was doing, after the amount of reaction our early voting prompted in Overkill 2.

So ... do I think town!Cerb is here and was trying to head off that kind of useless crap again ... or is this !town!Cerb killing a sort opportunity?

The problem with playing with Cerb so often in hydra is that I legitimately can't decide which to prefer here. There's no rationale that makes one choice preferable to the other.

@Cerb - Get to it. *Need More Pylons*
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 88, Asking for a friend wrote:Because when it comes to games with multiple neighbourhoods and possibly people being in multiple hoods (I’m in 3) I want to create a network of private communication.
Ofc I probably won’t care in about 24 hours depending on certain things the duck tells me
My baseline expectation with the knowledge that multiple hoods exist is something like so:

1.) Every hood has scum; share nothing in hoods but try to get people talking and generate some reads if possible. They are otherwise safe only for crap that's not important.

2.) Our mod may have played one level higher and decided to make one hood a pseudo-masonry if the players involved are able to come to trust one another enough. This would reward good town play so it's
maybe
worth investing effort into firming reads on everyone in your hood(s).

The problem that I see is there is no list of who is in each hood, which makes 2 significantly less likely. No group of players could ever know there wasn't some silent watcher (barring some role which can produce a list of people in each hood, which would be useful in this scenario so maybe exists).

So umm ... I think the proper thing to do here is not to use the hoods for anything all that important. I don't see a tremendous upside to just vomiting out who is with whom either. As far as I can tell, the only way the hoods will be useful (without a role intervening) for any kind of sorting is if each hood has some very strong common thread which can be reasonably deduced as the game progresses.

And even that only has value if the scums don't also deduce what that common thread is and include it in any fake claims.

So ... marginal at best.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 34, Asking for a friend wrote:I think hoods should be claimed early.
BnL should pick up a new role pm tonight.
Aside from that I am probably going to let the duck post on my behalf, atleast for D1. This is bound to be a clusterfuck and I want to just post funny memes until we get some flips going.
In post 100, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 92, Torque wrote:Oh yeah so about the hoods: those are likely to be based on different genres of anime the characters in the hoods are from so like... theres probably no correlation on the number of wolves in each hood whatsoever.
I think we disproved it isn’t by genre in mine.
Disproved it was not = proved it was

I'm not certain if that's what you intended to say.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:41 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 137, BNL wrote:
In post 39, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 9, BNL wrote:
I am a miller

VOTE: Dunnstral
In post 10, Clemency wrote:oh yeah same btw
In post 11, Clemency wrote:this is what happens when you pick antagonists
I dislike the interaction above, and think it reflects poorly on Clemency.
Hard disagree. I think the way Clemency claimed is very town indicative.
So first Clemency goes on an epic shitposting spree, ignoring declared serious vote ... until magically someone else comes in to respond to me ... and only
after
this post quoted does Clemency resume actually playing.

That's not suspicious ... at all. /s (because it's actually necessary sadly)
In post 145, BNL wrote:By the way based on how hoods are generated this game I don't think any hood is more likely than another to contain scum. In fact, even an all scum hood isn't implausible.
This REEKS of too much information. How could you possibly know the specifics of how the hoods were generated with enough certainty to declare that? You can't.

Winrar, Winrar, Chicken Dinrar?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

So,

I think neighborhoods should be claimed now. A list of everyone who posted before this post should be provided. A note should be made of anyone who posted after about 8 hours ago when it became clear that not posting might end up revealing them.

I don't see any upside (yet) to talking about what might be the common thread, but we may find a small number of players who were just being voyeurs, and I think at this point that bears some explanation from them.

I also feel like when we do these lists, people should post any thoughts they have FROM said hoods and the people on the list. May be some useful bits there in the initial impressions. This goes extra for someone whose tone or style is dramatically different here in the main game thread as compared to their hood.

I gotta say that Mastina's entrance was nauseating to me. I can't really imagine a world where Mastina lists me as a near top town read on so few posts. I also don't like the continued assertions of stuff that almost certainly isn't true (See: Steven Universe and many other games).

I also can think of at least a couple reasonable mechanical reasons why scum might be informed. The argument that it's not alignment indicative is also
really
bad. Any competent town player with role provided information would not make posts showing they have extra information (barring a specific type of gambit, and I don't believe that is what was on display).

It
could
be just a bad assumption or assuming too much from the game information posts; however, if it is actually TMI due to a role ... there's no reason to suppose that it's NAI.

I'm patently shocked that we're under 300 posts at this point btw.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Drixx »

So ... do I think Torque and that one hydra totally missed that my TMI post was more than that? Did
anyone
see the other connection?

Maybe look where my vote is and the interaction between the slots in question.

O/T: Patriots baby! Number six!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 520, Spike and Jet wrote:
In post 29, Clemency wrote:i'm just waiting for all the nerds to show up
Ever found it weird how 1³ + 2³ + 3³ + ... + n³ = (1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 4)²?
Prove by induction. Extend the proof.

Don't be teasing up in this thread.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 695, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 693, Vedith wrote:
In post 691, Pink Ball wrote:Page 14 now. Clem and Toog are town. mastina makes me paranoid but I think she's town. Joan of Arc at first I thought "man this is the easiest scum catch of them all" but now I think she's town. Spike and Jet probtown. No good reads on other players 'cause they're far better than me (Near x Mello, Dunn, Morality and A50; I have good vibes on all 4 of them, but I can't be trustful there yet). Gamma Emerald scum gutread. Didn't like SSBF's entrance but not one of my top scumreads. Torque and Elena Fisher both scummy.
Reasons will be a good shout. :up:
Of course, I will when I'm fully caught up since this are preliminary reads that could be outdated.
Seeing your progression on reads is useful.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 697, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 696, Drixx wrote:
In post 695, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 693, Vedith wrote:
In post 691, Pink Ball wrote:Page 14 now. Clem and Toog are town. mastina makes me paranoid but I think she's town. Joan of Arc at first I thought "man this is the easiest scum catch of them all" but now I think she's town. Spike and Jet probtown. No good reads on other players 'cause they're far better than me (Near x Mello, Dunn, Morality and A50; I have good vibes on all 4 of them, but I can't be trustful there yet). Gamma Emerald scum gutread. Didn't like SSBF's entrance but not one of my top scumreads. Torque and Elena Fisher both scummy.
Reasons will be a good shout. :up:
Of course, I will when I'm fully caught up since this are preliminary reads that could be outdated.
Seeing your progression on reads is useful.
Hey Drixx, let's play mafia.

Pretend we're masons/a hydra, and tell me the thoughts you'd be telling me now with regards to your reads, that you keep secret from everyone until fully developed. I want something with crunch to actually engage with, instead of the fluff that's pervaded the game so far.

Thanks! <3

-Yukiteru
Sure.

But first ... I need to know:
people in any hood with Mastina please respond

Was Mastina more, less or equally as active in your hood as in the game thread up until the post I quoted from Cerb? It's important.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm almost 200 posts behind (that's more like it!) and catching up as I can.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

Mastina (if town) would know that the hood could be compromised. I don't think it makes much sense to say any more on that line of thinking atm.

I
am
a bit concerned with Mastina slot but it's going to be another 18 hours before I have time to post seriously.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

So here's my concern: In every game where town!Mastina and I played together, and Mastina had some kind of role she believed or wanted to pretend she believed made her more informed ... she clubbed the game up side the head with it.

For example: In our first game together, SMITE, I replaced into a scum slot which had fake claimed 3P. Mastina had a pretty good (but ultimately flawed) plan with a modified goo spreader role. She played this up
to absurdity
in the game thread, and it gave me an opening to use her for cover while I ran with the fake claim I replaced into to a win.

And then there's Steven Universe 1, where we (Cerb and I as Reasonably Rational) were Steven and had the ability to pop IC on day 3. Mastina was a Steven.Friend and was informed she would gain access to a neighborhood with Steven a day earlier, and thus declared in the game thread that she would be IC on said day, because she (wrongly) assumed that the hood would be all good (turned out that a scum was also given that hood).

As a side note/rebuttal:
Mastina and I have played together a LOT. Smite and SU2 are the notable times I was scum (although she and others point to Nahdia's Civilization even though I replaced out due to fatigue/conflict during Night 1). Also been town/town and town/scum with Mastina. Also been a 3rd party faction in a game with Mastina where Cerb and I were in hydra and we had a town compatible win con which we achieved (so we won and town won), but it was through a LOT of deception, so perhaps she thinks of us as scum that game.

Of those games ... Mastina didn't make any posts in the game prior to me killing her in SMITE that noted she believed I was scum. Post game there was a lot of "I would have caught you!" talk but there's no evidence to back that up. I will note that I could not have won the way I did if Mastina had remained in the game: I literally told another player to go look in a specific place for evidence of my guilt. That player (and the rest of the game) assumed I would never point someone to my guilt and basically cleared me for it. Mastina would have looked.

Mastina admitted in SU2 that there was no real reason to believe we were scum (Cerb and me in hydra) and it was a toss up and she would rather lose with us than TO us (and yes: that still sucks all this time later ;p).

So ... to make a very long story short: Mastina is not behaving as expected when having or pretending to have an informed role. There is nowhere near enough decisiveness early and the "I'm informed!" has all but disappeared. While it is technically true that Mastina has treated neighborhoods like masonries in the past ... that's a half truth and I don't think town!Mastina would have even responded ... especially because I made it pretty clear I had an idea what town!Mastina would be doing with a hood and thought it was better not to talk about it.

I suppose it boils down to ... something isn't right about what Mastina is saying and HOW it is being expressed.

As for other thoughts (before I go back through the thread and refresh my notes):

The pace of this game feels really off. I'm not sure what precisely is pinging me so hard but it feels REALLY disjointed. I'm hoping I'll spot some specific people/posts on reread.

A50 is either having a laugh as an informed/scum role or has somehow managed to be over the top nonchalant as town since the last time I played with him as town.

Vedith strikes me as a bad wagon. A combination of going from the wrong slots and NOT going from other slots.

I actually like the Alisae slot at the moment. Sad that Alisae replaced out.

More when I can.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1048, singletonking wrote:On iso I think I don't like Drixx
He seems too focused on certain events
I know right? It's almost like I'm trying to separate wheat from chaff and evaluate things which might actually help me solve the game.

Silly me.

Also ... /side eye at morality throwing out that post @ Mastina
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1054, singletonking wrote:Ok

I
really
don't like Drixx popping in to say that and leaving immediately
It’s called checking in before work. Just like right now I’m checking in at lunch.
In post 1057, singletonking wrote:Ok now only 10 pages behind

This game needs some direction so
VOTE: Drixx

I don't think Gamma is scum here; what are the cases on him so far?
This is somehow only the second worst post and vote of the game. Voting me for “direction” when I’m one of very few slots actually doing ANY analysis in a pretty stagnant game with many other slots having done literally nothing: that reeks.

But somehow it’s not the worst post and vote so far because ...
In post 1072, Torque wrote:
VOTE: Drixx
This opportunistic jump on is literally so bad I am stuck in WiFoM arguing with myself about whether it’s too scummy to come from scum.

It will be seriously detrimental to town to day one lynch me over actual inactive and scummy slots. I’m working a lot of hours right now so consider this my claim to role importance.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1076, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Drixx
post reads or die, that's where I'm at with you rn
Fuck off. I already posted thoughts on specific people AND you know I don’t donteads lists. Literally gdiaf with that shit Gamma.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1078, Spike and Jet wrote:VOTE: drixx
you have the lowest post count in the game you dont get to call others inactive
Quality over quantity (spam). Sporadic spam posting isn’t activity.

Back to work.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 995, Drixx wrote:So here's my concern: In every game where town!Mastina and I played together, and Mastina had some kind of role she believed or wanted to pretend she believed made her more informed ... she clubbed the game up side the head with it.

For example: In our first game together, SMITE, I replaced into a scum slot which had fake claimed 3P. Mastina had a pretty good (but ultimately flawed) plan with a modified goo spreader role. She played this up
to absurdity
in the game thread, and it gave me an opening to use her for cover while I ran with the fake claim I replaced into to a win.

And then there's Steven Universe 1, where we (Cerb and I as Reasonably Rational) were Steven and had the ability to pop IC on day 3. Mastina was a Steven.Friend and was informed she would gain access to a neighborhood with Steven a day earlier, and thus declared in the game thread that she would be IC on said day, because she (wrongly) assumed that the hood would be all good (turned out that a scum was also given that hood).

As a side note/rebuttal:
Mastina and I have played together a LOT. Smite and SU2 are the notable times I was scum (although she and others point to Nahdia's Civilization even though I replaced out due to fatigue/conflict during Night 1). Also been town/town and town/scum with Mastina. Also been a 3rd party faction in a game with Mastina where Cerb and I were in hydra and we had a town compatible win con which we achieved (so we won and town won), but it was through a LOT of deception, so perhaps she thinks of us as scum that game.

Of those games ... Mastina didn't make any posts in the game prior to me killing her in SMITE that noted she believed I was scum. Post game there was a lot of "I would have caught you!" talk but there's no evidence to back that up. I will note that I could not have won the way I did if Mastina had remained in the game: I literally told another player to go look in a specific place for evidence of my guilt. That player (and the rest of the game) assumed I would never point someone to my guilt and basically cleared me for it. Mastina would have looked.

Mastina admitted in SU2 that there was no real reason to believe we were scum (Cerb and me in hydra) and it was a toss up and she would rather lose with us than TO us (and yes: that still sucks all this time later ;p).

So ... to make a very long story short: Mastina is not behaving as expected when having or pretending to have an informed role. There is nowhere near enough decisiveness early and the "I'm informed!" has all but disappeared. While it is technically true that Mastina has treated neighborhoods like masonries in the past ... that's a half truth and I don't think town!Mastina would have even responded ... especially because I made it pretty clear I had an idea what town!Mastina would be doing with a hood and thought it was better not to talk about it.

I suppose it boils down to ... something isn't right about what Mastina is saying and HOW it is being expressed.

As for other thoughts (before I go back through the thread and refresh my notes):

The pace of this game feels really off. I'm not sure what precisely is pinging me so hard but it feels REALLY disjointed. I'm hoping I'll spot some specific people/posts on reread.

A50 is either having a laugh as an informed/scum role or has somehow managed to be over the top nonchalant as town since the last time I played with him as town.

Vedith strikes me as a bad wagon. A combination of going from the wrong slots and NOT going from other slots.

I actually like the Alisae slot at the moment. Sad that Alisae replaced out.

More when I can.
One last thing before I gotta work work.

Gamma looks
incredibly
bad asking for my views on specific people when this was like the most recent thing in my ISO.

Just saying.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by Drixx »

Cerb: Martina, A50 and Torque. Go.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1152, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1130, singletonking wrote:Vedith role seems town
Agreed.
I have reason to doubt Vedith’s claim. It’s possible, but if he’s being honest, be scared of what kind of setup needs my role /and/ that role.

As for Cerb’s questions... that’s NAI. There’s no world where Cerb doesn’t ask those questions, regardless of alignment.

Given that I’m counterclaiming a ramping doctor role, you all should definitely look at the shit wagon that tried to go on me 24 hours ago after I’m dead.

I would prefer Martina but that’s not gonna till I don’t think so...

VOTE: Vedith
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1157, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 1156, Drixx wrote:
In post 1152, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1130, singletonking wrote:Vedith role seems town
Agreed.
I have reason to doubt Vedith’s claim. It’s possible, but if he’s being honest, be scared of what kind of setup needs my role /and/ that role.

As for Cerb’s questions... that’s NAI. There’s no world where Cerb doesn’t ask those questions, regardless of alignment.

Given that I’m counterclaiming a ramping doctor role, you all should definitely look at the shit wagon that tried to go on me 24 hours ago after I’m dead.

I would prefer Martina but that’s not gonna till I don’t think so...

VOTE: Vedith
Prefer Mastina over someone making a claim of dubious legitimacy based on the existence of your role? Care to elaborate on how *that* makes sense?

-Yukiteru
Who but me is seriously going to push Mastina? Once I flip then Vedith gets roped I think. QED I would prefer what I view as the more difficult and dangerous slot.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Drixx »

I should have just waited before countering bleh. Have a one off Vampire the masquerade RPG session tonight and wasn’t sure I’d have time to get back.

FML sometimes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”