Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:12 am

Post by brassherald »

I know I said I'd be reading today, but I woke up with a stomach bug, and I'll leave it at that. I'll be active for reals tomorrow, pinkie promise.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 274, GuiltyLion wrote:this game should not be this slow on D1 with this many people
Yeah. Doesn't help that a quarter of the playerlist haven't even posted.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

I'm not hearing any compelling cases going on. Even from the 4 headed Hydra. You'd think with everything that's happened, we'd be chatting and figuring out the game.

Still here if someone wants to convince me they have a better strategy day 1 then what I've proposed.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 am

Post by ajfefijsleifjsa »

hey Clem were you joking when you said we were scum with bambi
Petpets is better than neopets. Brought to you by NordVPN. We are young. Preferred abbreviation:
ajfefijsleifjsa

Join this 81 player mafia game
ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 am

hi bambi
Petpets is better than neopets. Brought to you by NordVPN. We are young. Preferred abbreviation:
ajfefijsleifjsa

ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 am

In post 277, Bambi Jay wrote:I'm not hearing any compelling cases going on. Even from the 4 headed Hydra. You'd think with everything that's happened, we'd be chatting and figuring out the game.

Still here if someone wants to convince me they have a better strategy day 1 then what I've proposed.
EYEROLL
ajfefijsleifjsa

ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:52 am

hey can people who haven’t posted post because it’s pretty sad when the largest content I was able to produce was asking if an obvious shitpost was a shitpost
ajfefijsleifjsa

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

you all could vote Clem, just throwing that idea out there
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 am

okay
VOTE: clem
ajfefijsleifjsa

mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by mcqueen »

controversial opinion time: the game is dead because most of you tried to replace RVS with pre-game antics, which isn't reliable and shouldn't be the basis for reads
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

Well first of all: I did it to not let it happen in later more important days. Secondly, I jumpstarted an idea since day 1 is a day with no actual information to start with. There's a decent amount of blind luck the hydra rolled scum and it also gets rid of a troublesome slot to sort later on where it is indeed possible for there to be 5 town and 5 scum tommorow.

Applejack sure as heck hasn't won my favor despite me shutting up mostly to let them prove themselves.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 284, mcqueen wrote:controversial opinion time: the game is dead because most of you tried to replace RVS with pre-game antics, which isn't reliable and shouldn't be the basis for reads

It's not like role PMs will change

People be postin, town should be sortin.

Is the case on clem that he said "both are scum"?
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Post by Clemency »

In post 278, ajfefijsleifjsa wrote:hey Clem were you joking when you said we were scum with bambi
clearly
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 235, Clemency wrote:like seriously i could see them deciding to bus one-another
this is also meant to be "clearly" a joke post?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 286, BuJaber wrote:Is the case on clem that he said "both are scum"?
I would say it's a bit more than that, yeah "both are scum" was an empty shit post but it's emblematic of the larger pattern of him being active and posting in the thread but not actually doing anything at all to sort or pressure anybody. no reason to townread that and in a game like this with more scum than normal he's a good vote/wagon
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 284, mcqueen wrote:controversial opinion time: the game is dead because most of you tried to replace RVS with pre-game antics, which isn't reliable and shouldn't be the basis for reads
nah, it's simpler than that

a few players haven't posted and need to be replaced + scum don't have incentive to solve and don't generally want to post and take the lead, there's more scum than normal therefore there's more lurking than normal
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 290, GuiltyLion wrote:scum don't have incentive to solve
Not necessarily. The Mafia/Werewolves still need to figure out who the Werewolves/Mafia are in order to win.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:33 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 285, Bambi Jay wrote:Well first of all: I did it to not let it happen in later more important days. Secondly, I jumpstarted an idea since day 1 is a day with no actual information to start with. There's a decent amount of blind luck the hydra rolled scum and it also gets rid of a troublesome slot to sort later on where it is indeed possible for there to be 5 town and 5 scum tommorow.

Applejack sure as heck hasn't won my favor despite me shutting up mostly to let them prove themselves.
just to let you know, I didn’t read the pre-game, nor do I intend to. There’s blind luck that everybody could’ve rolled scum.

Do you actually want to play, or are you going to tunnel a hydra because they’re annoying?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:34 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 286, BuJaber wrote:

It's not like role PMs will change

People be postin, town should be sortin.

Is the case on clem that he said "both are scum"?
you can post scummy things during pre-game and expect not to get pushed for it. yeah, I’m sure there’s some accuracy, but I’d rather not focus on events that occured before the game started. Pre-game is for shits and giggles
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

mcqueen is there a clear delineation in your mind of where pregame ended and where the game started? Where did you start reading?

I assumed there was some motivation behind your clemency vote based on stuff he had posted (including pregame), was that wrong?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Auro replaces Akagami Shanks!
Replacing DoubtingThomas and pidot.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Auro »

Hello! :D

Will catchup in a while.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Auro »

In post 32, Bambi Jay wrote:What you call a "Policy Lynch" is actually a strategic pre-emptive strike against a (set of) player(s) dealt a strong hand if they make it past today, which hold more power then they should in a game with this many scum.
On the flipside, I think a 4-headed hydra can also be easier to read - faking dissonance as scum is easier said than done, and you have the ability to interact with all 4 different heads. I have a feeling you're going by your experience playing alongside my TGW hydra in Lynchpin, is that correct? I think it took quite some effort to stay townread there, and from a very very loose read of the early pages it seems like the hydra is kinda freewheeling here.

The "50%" argument applies for any slot in the game, I don't think it should be justified towards settling on a deathtunnel. If both of you are town, you'd make this pretty easy for scum. I'll read up if there's any... actual case made on the slot in later pages.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Vedith replaces pidot!
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Auro »

In post 194, ajfefijsleifjsa wrote:
In post 193, Bambi Jay wrote:By not spamming the thread, for one.
activity is nai
In post 196, GuiltyLion wrote:Activity may be NAI but spamming the thread with this worthless unusable garbage is certainly anti town behavior. I want other people to give reads on this situation and both of you to chill out.
Agree with Hobbes here; the amount of low-quality spam is horrifying. Blaming someone else for "90% of the posts" and refusing to sign is also pretty bad. Of the heads I'm most interested in Allomancer, I'd like him specifically to sign his posts at least.

On the other hand, I don't feel that hydras go all-out spam this early when they're being pressured and are aware that they'd look scummy for it. Clogging the thread intentionally to prevent town from working isn't something I see this slot doing. Very mild townlean on the slot.

I don't find the analysis in convincing for the slot to warrant scumreads - defensiveness should not be really AI, and it seems pretty clear there's some emotion mixed in with their "logic".
In post 100, GuiltyLion wrote:it's pretty obviously 50/50 from their hypothetical town!POV, this question serves no purpose other than to again discredit. Yes to a townie Bambi is not confirmed town, but obviously she's going to present as town regardless of her alignment. that's not something AI or worth posting about.
Didn't like this part of the analysis. Bambi's presenting as town regardless of alignment, *sure* - but Bambi was trying to sell the idea that lynching 4heads was okay because 50-50, and it's not unreasonable for 4heads to point out that that argument doesn't hold for other slots.

Return to “Completed Open Games”