[FEBRUARY CHALLENGE] Voting!

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #86 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:03 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

Face Eaters

3 Face Eaters
1 Town Patroller
1 Town Widow
1 Town Face Recognizer
1 Town Dentist
1 Town Janitor
1 Town Make-up Artist
1 Town Stomach Pumper
1 Town Vengeful Face Licker
1 Town Face Psychiatrist

(12 players)

Face Eaters can communicate during the Night, but they do not have a factional kill. Instead, every Face Eater can target any number of town-aligned players, alive or dead, to guess their starting roles. Face Eaters can't target the same player simultaneously, and the faces of the targeted players must still be intact. If all guesses by all Face Eaters are correct, the Face Eaters independently devour the faces of the players they targeted, killing them and gaining their starting abilities. If any Face Eater makes an incorrect guess, nothing happens. By default, players flip with their starting role name. Players killed by face removal just flip as Town. The consumption of dead players' faces is silent and does not trigger an additional flip.

The Patroller targets two living players, learning whether their first target targeted their second target in the same Night.

The Widow can visit a living player and a dead player every Night to determine whether the former targeted the latter in the same Night.

The Face Recognizer can target another living player to guess their starting role. The guessed role has to be town role. The result is "Correct" or "Incorrect".

From Night 2 onward, the Dentist can target a living player and a dead player to determine whether the former ate the latter's face in a previous Night.

Every Night, the Janitor may target at most nine living players to guess their starting roles. All guesses must be for unique town roles. If the role of the lynched player was correctly guessed by the Janitor on the Night before, the player just flips as Town.

The Make-up Artist can give a living player a make-over. To do so, the Make-up Artist must guess the player's real role and specify their apparent role. If the guess is correct, the targeted player will flip as the specified role when lynched or vengekilled. Because the make-over occurs in the dark while the target is sleeping, the target is unaware of it and the Make-up Artist receives no indication of its success. This overrides the Janitor's ability.

The Stomach Pumper can target a living player. If the target is a Face Eater, they lose all abilities gained from other players, as well as any abilities they would have gained that Night.

The Vengeful Face Licker can target another player during the Night. That player is informed their face is licked. When lynched, the Vengeful Face Licker can kill one player with a licked face (a Face Eater with this ability is informed of all licked living players when lynched).

The Face Psychiatrist can target another player to determine whether they have face-related frustrations. A Face Eater has face-related frustrations if they have never successfully eaten a face and they are not in the process of successfully eating a face.

Lynches are compulsive. Face Eaters can use all of their abilities in one Night.
Last edited by Bicephalous Bob on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:52 am

If your face gets eaten, you die.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:04 am

the vengeful face licker probably should have face-related frustrations. as should the face recognizer when they haven't recognized any faces. don't know about the balance though.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 am

ah that's great, I removed the associative group to make place for more interesting roles. I can fix this.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:58 am

In post 99, callforjudgement wrote:Town could probably break the Face Eaters setup by dividing the roles into three groups of three, then having every player claim which group they're in. This gives town a huge amount of information, without giving the Face Eaters much additional opportunity to get a large set of guesses correct at once.
Does this really break the setup? It gives the town a huge amount of information, but all groups only have three players. It makes it easier for the Face Eaters to eat specific roles (i.e. the Vengeful Townie role and the Face Recognizer). I'm thinking of increasing town power and making face eater failures independent, but this increases swing on two levels: scum get less guesses as they lose members and roles are generally stronger.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:00 am

If I do make failures independent, I should allow face eaters to eat their dead team mates' faces, gaining a second guess.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 am

In post 104, Jingle wrote:you get a 1/4 chance of lynching scum D1
This is the default chance of lynching scum D1. Three out of twelve players are face eaters.

I think what CFJ is getting at is that lynching the face eater clears all players in the group, that teams are ruled out, etc.

What I meant by independent failures is that one face eater making a wrong guess doesn't impact the success of another face eater, meaning that face eaters get three shots at eating faces every night.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:52 am

That's something I did think of:
In post 86, Bicephalous Bob wrote:Face Eaters can't target the same player simultaneously, and the faces of the targeted players must still be intact.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”