How do you develop charisma?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 am

Post by Firebringer »

if your trying to get people to sheep u after your death I think ur going to be sorely disappointed with any attempts to improve your charisma in order to get those results. very few players are ones to blindly sheep dead players reads, even fewer are going to sheep those reads very long. Even the most charismatic of players don't really get a person to completely sheep them once they are no longer present to guide them to pushes.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 36, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 32, Ankamius wrote:
In post 31, mhsmith0 wrote:Not sure what ank answer will be, but my advice would instead be to work on your cases and work on communicating clearly before trying to sidestep the work of making cases and actually explaining why someone is scum (or, for that matter, why someone is town). Your reads and read bases, as presented, in that game mainly shouldn't have been sheeped. That you were correct about persivul being a wolf I don't think changes the answer. just my $0.02 though *shrugs*
One thing I will say is that it's easier to get lynches through casing if you are good at communicating your thoughts through words effectively.

Nancy is one of those people that has a very hard time with that from my experience, which is why she usually doesn't get sheeped or even taken seriously despite being right.

That requires sidestepping I think, because even fixing that problem directly would require a major mindset shift either way since her brain is wired in a way to be less skilled at it than other people. Even with a lot of effort, I still think the result would be below what would be enough to make it worth that effort.
That sounds really depressing, I don’t think my communication is anywhere near that bad?

Maybe, my rep for having superior reads, will eventually catch up with me, as brainbomb noticed. \_0_/

:(
Unlikely.
Literally everyone thinks they have superior reads.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

And that kind of proves the point of you being a bad communicator tbh.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I can't hear what ur saying Ankamius, are you saying that Hitler was right? Because that is fucking gross and you should be ashamed.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 46, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 44, Firebringer wrote:And that kind of proves the point of you being a bad communicator tbh.
Your post wasn’t helpful to the topic. It isn’t about the accuracy of my reads, it’s about selling them.
Yeah and you missed my point that having better reads in general doesn't do much for increasing peoples use of them in of itself and definitely won't help you once you are dead because players almost never follow dead players reads, no matter how charismatic they are.

So you missed all my points, then told me I missed the topic. You are not being very good at listening right now.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 48, Ankamius wrote:
In post 47, Firebringer wrote:I can't hear what ur saying Ankamius, are you saying that Hitler was right? Because that is fucking gross and you should be ashamed.
Get the paste out of your ears and pay attention you butt smacker
So you are saying that I am very good at listening and I have a cute butt? <3
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 51, Ankamius wrote:Btw not being able to sell your reads and becoming known for having good reads is the worst case scenario

It means you end up dying for no reason a lot
true but if u have good reads and are known as mislynch bait, they might just lynch u instead.
people definitely don't listen to reads of people they lynch lol
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #66 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Firebringer »

So Nancy Drew, I am going to try to be as charismatic as possible with this post. Be patient I have -5 in charisma stat

So I think your original goal here as you said it is to sell your reads. What I would say is you want to convince people to sheep your reads. Because you see yourself as correct. I am not gonna tell you are wrong in your read record, because I think that is irrelevant to any point of how to be more charismatic and thus doesn’t matter for how to get what you want here.

So given that is your goal. People here have laid out a few different things to consider on how they think you would be more convincing. I am unsure about if that is what advice you want because you haven’t seemed to consider them a lot. I see a lot of posts that gets you off the goal that you want. I get why you would lose focus, someone says you play bad or something easy to lose focus on what you are trying to do when you are originally.

Then you also went into your opinions on what is important in Charisma. You gave your opinions on Charisma in a way in which I thought “Well wait. If you have these opinions, why are you asking how to be more charismatic. Are you actually seeking to be more charismatic if you already have these thoughts? Do you think you could be missing something here? Do you think theres a missing ingredient you are not getting?”

So I am confused and wondering if you have those opinions on what is charisma and you are just voicing these out in almost like talking to yourself in the shower to see how it sounds. Like I am unsure what you learned here from others and what you wanted from this because I am not seeing you gaining anything here in a way to help improve anything you didn’t already think beforehand.

Do you see yourself as rejecting the thoughts of the players too fast without thought? Or have you gotten closer to your goal so far in your approach?

I want to help you here but I am really unsure what capacity I am useful for here cause me is confused what you want.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 93, Krazy wrote:Having studied this issue at length I believe that the most important things in developing charisma are having a cute avatar and occasionally using catchphrases.
no u
Show

Return to “Mafia Discussion”