PRO WRESTLING THREAD!!!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #69  (isolation #0)  » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:50 am

I meander in and out of different wrestling eras/countries/styles/sizes. But I've always been a fan of wrestling. Bret Hart is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. I also will mark out for the Undertaker (though not the American Badass run), La Parka, Mr. Perfect, Norman Smiley, Christopher Daniels, American Dragon, Colin Delaney, and many others. Anyone who can tell a good story in the ring is alright by me.

I just watched the first Lucha Underground show and I really liked the TV drama presentation of it all. Stryker is annoying on commentary and Blue Demon Jr. stunk up the ring, but it was a good show. Will be watching more.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #72  (isolation #1)  » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:05 pm

In post 71, Sudo_Nym wrote:
In post 70, Panzerjager wrote:Lucha Underground is really good. I'm still in season 1 tho

Where are you watching it? DVD?

I don't know about Panzer but it's a 7-letter word beginning and ending with "t". Yarr.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #77  (isolation #2)  » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:31 pm

In post 74, Panzerjager wrote:I've been thinking about signing up for New Japan World tho, but a) The english content page was not english enough, B)I don't like that it is match by match instead of event by event, and c) because it's an overseas transaction the bank might be like nah son, and I'd have to call the bank and be like "yo, let me watch the wrasslin'" which is a little embarrassing and a lot of work.

Yeah, I kinda Yarr it for the same reasons. Usually I have to watch it in Japanese, but who's who is very clear and they can tell good in-ring stories. When things don't make sense, then either it's funny or net recaps can fill in the details.

Also, they have a lot of American wrestlers just blabbing in English sometimes. So it's fine.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #79  (isolation #3)  » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Yeah, but solution: net recaps and/or fast forward button.

NJPW shows also have intermissions too where the commentators just run down what happened and what's coming up. >>

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #88  (isolation #4)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Ugh. I just do not have the time to watch 12 hours of wrestling in one week. Though I'd love to.

I'll post a review of this 1999 FMW card I've been watching when I'm done though.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #90  (isolation #5)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Neither Pogo nor the Headhunters are on the card. But the Funks are.

But there is a Loser leaves "FMW 13,000 Volt Thunderbolt Cage Death Match" that I'm looking forward to being bemused at.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #92  (isolation #6)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:30 pm

That's Necro Butcher. He "retired" this year.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #97  (isolation #7)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:43 pm

Ted DiBiase was fucking awesome.

Thanks Zach, I've never seen those.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #100  (isolation #8)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:00 am

In post 99, kuribo wrote:Virgil can currently be seen on twitter posting about Olive Garden and fuck money.

I've heard that Mike Jones (Virgil/Vincent/Curly Bill) still has the Million Dollar Belt and brings it to all the signings he does. Reportedly it's barely held together with duct tape and metal wiring.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #121  (isolation #9)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:03 pm

What do you listen to podcast wise?

I enjoy Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling and I like to listen to the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast because the internet is letting me re-live my nostalgia.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #162  (isolation #10)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm

In post 153, kuribo wrote:You can mostly skip a lot of them if you google Scott Keith's rant and reviews for the stuff you're not watching.

Oh god. Netcop. Everytime I remember he was really big, but everytime I read one of his rants today (they are on 411mania.com) I just roll my eyes at what he gets annoyed by and how swarmy he is sometimes.

I remember really loving CRZ's recaps for the WWF stuff and DDTdigest for the WCW stuff.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #176  (isolation #11)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:51 pm

In post 173, Sudo_Nym wrote:Still a little mad they hyped the shit out of a main event "dream match" that was over in 87 seconds, though.

They might be building to a WM rubber match.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #182  (isolation #12)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Okay, I finished watching Survivor Series.

Why did Shane McMahon HAVE to be involved? Why did he have to go through such lengths to put himself over instead of an actual fifth wrestler? Why couldn't he just be pinned by Reigns instead of kicking out and be "stretchered" out a minute later?

Dumb.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #187  (isolation #13)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:05 pm

In post 186, Sudo_Nym wrote:So Roadblock was reasonably okay.

Also, I've been watching NXT week to week, since it's on the network, and I think No Way Jose has been on every episode I've watched so far.

?? Roadblock sucked.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #190  (isolation #14)  » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:04 pm

In post 188, Sudo_Nym wrote:idgi

Roadblock was a shitty late 90s WCW Wrestler and I live in the past and make silly connections.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #200  (isolation #15)  » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:10 am

In post 198, kuribo wrote:
In post 196, Sudo_Nym wrote:I'm thinking about signing up for New Japan World just for Wrestle Kingdom 11.

Naito vs. Tanahashi might be worth the price by itself

I've been watching the finals of the NJPW World Tag League. Coincidentally the Tanahashi/KUSHIDA v. Naito/Rush match.

Tanahashi is kinda a little boring. Naito vs anyone is worth the price by itself.

....tranquillo...

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #202  (isolation #16)  » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:29 am

Road trip?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #205  (isolation #17)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:07 pm

RIP Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka (May 18, 1943 – January 15, 2017)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #206  (isolation #18)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:42 pm

In post 205, Kublai Khan wrote:RIP Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka (May 18, 1943 – January 15, 2017)

Hmm.. reading about how he probably killed his girlfriend kinda puts a damper on my good memories of him.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #208  (isolation #19)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:10 pm

I was just reading about it on his wiki page. He was going to stand trial, but he had dementia and a terminal illness so they didn't prosecute and he died a month later. Kinda.. ugh.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #214  (isolation #20)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Yeah, that was the fourth "I".

Inevitable.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #218  (isolation #21)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:40 pm

In post 216, KuroiXHF wrote:Like, given his travelling history, he should have probably died like forty-one years ago.

FTFY

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #220  (isolation #22)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:57 pm

In post 219, KuroiXHF wrote:Oh shit. I just realized Kurt Angle went back to WWE. This makes the HOF stuff make so much more sense.

Yeah, that's pretty much a requirement to be in the WWE HOF.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #277  (isolation #23)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Omega vs. Orton. Book it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #316  (isolation #24)  » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:59 pm

It would be the Hart Memorial Trophy.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #319  (isolation #25)  » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:38 pm

Jack Swagger has requested his release from WWE.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #365  (isolation #26)  » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:57 pm

In post 196, Sudo_Nym wrote:I'm thinking about signing up for New Japan World just for Wrestle Kingdom 11.

Just finished watching this. The Okada/Omega main event match was really, really good, but making up a 6 stars rating is pushing it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #382  (isolation #27)  » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:52 am

I play TEW as well, but I haven't had and probably won't have time until summer.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #391  (isolation #28)  » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:41 am

In post 390, Panzerjager wrote:Aj vs Shane is an awful use of talent,

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/i ... ajvslarry/

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #430  (isolation #29)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:04 pm

In post 428, Nexus wrote:I mean that's basically everything - Facebook, Twitter, here, reddit.

I don't think I'll be able to manage over 48 hours...

Uh.. You really need to switch off every once and awhile.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #435  (isolation #30)  » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:57 pm

In post 433, Nexus wrote:
In post 430, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 428, Nexus wrote:I mean that's basically everything - Facebook, Twitter, here, reddit.

I don't think I'll be able to manage over 48 hours...
Uh.. You really need to switch off every once and awhile.
Why?
If the idea of being without something for a very short amount of time causes you stress, then that thing has too much control over your life.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #506  (isolation #31)  » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm

In post 377, kuribo wrote:So, I decided to hire the game's three wrestling bears. (Yes, if you're not aware, this was a thing in the 60s and 70s, people wrestling trained bears) I put two of them in a tag team and I'm grooming one of them to hopefully give him a credible run as NWA World Champion. Meanwhile, on the tag team side of things...

How are the bears doing?

Also, how's your midget division?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #524  (isolation #32)  » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:28 pm

In post 523, kuribo wrote:
In post 520, Sudo_Nym wrote:All other tag teams have been made OBSOLETE!

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

They will find themselves... DELETED

They will be given a... THREE MINUTE WARNING

Wait, what are we doing here?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #571  (isolation #33)  » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm

In post 568, Sudo_Nym wrote:
In post 567, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 565, Majiffy wrote:Oh no please don't do the Broken Hardyz I like Team Xtreme :(

Limited shelf life for Team Xtreme, tbh. There's only so long a straight nostalgia act can go.

It's why the Dudleys didn't stick around in their most recent run.

And the New Age Outlaws.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #585  (isolation #34)  » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:49 am

In post 584, KuroiXHF wrote:"Supafly

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #608  (isolation #35)  » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:14 pm

I think I've got tickets to a taping of WWE NXT coming up.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #610  (isolation #36)  » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:18 pm

The ref counted to three.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #615  (isolation #37)  » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Had a fun time. Will post some pics later

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #617  (isolation #38)  » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 pm

In post 609, Panzerjager wrote:please no spoilers

You mean don't reveal who won or don't reveal anything at all. I think there were like two debuts.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #619  (isolation #39)  » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:25 am

In post 618, Panzerjager wrote:Don't reveal anything at all if it was a taping and not a house show.

Pretty sure it was a taping. Or I think they tape everything, then release only some of it...

I think i'll just make a spoilered post in a bit.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #620  (isolation #40)  » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:43 am

First. I apologize for the android camera work. I didn't setup my camera for action shots or anything else, so it's just auto. But I'm only going to show entrances here so as to not ruin finishes. I had my 7 year old and it was his first wrestling show, so I wasn't totally focused on photography. I was worried about it being his first show and I prepped him that some people were going to act really mean to each, but that it was fake. I felt a little funny breaking kayfabe like that, but really kayfabe isn't important to enjoying wrestling.

I also really appreciated for the first time that it was family friendly. One wrestler had a bloody mouth after a match, but that obviously was accidental. No wrestlers cursed or gave the finger (instead there's a strange "I raise my pinky at you" maneuver). Some of the crowd yelled lewd things to the women wrestlers, but WWE can't control that. Overall, it was a good show to bring a kid.
Spoiler: The NXT show (lots of pictures with no endings spoiled)
These were our seats. Front row, opposite the entrance but a camera was mounted to the ceiling and they often posed there, so I assume it's camera side. But the Venice Community Center only holds about 100 people or so. So a real indy feel. There were four towers with bright lights and all entrances were just light & sound.

Hey it's Chris Hero Kassius Ohno! Man... I really like Ohno and I liked the Kings of Wrestling. But man, Ohno looked pudgy and kinda slow. I kinda understand why he hasn't climbed higher and is curtain jerking on NXT.

His opponent.. Adrian Jaoude. Never heard of him. Played the heel pretty well though. Impressive physique though his crowd work and mannerisms was a little generic. My son started getting comfortable with the idea of booing someone and cheering someone else.

A lot of arm work in the match.

This is Kimberly. Who is guess is pretty unknown. She was playing the face and gradually won people over with splits-based moves.

Next up, Lana with Mary Kate. Lots of people cheering Lana which was a little confusing to my kid because I was trying to get him to cheer the face. It's weird but fun yelling "Boo! You rule-breaker! You cheater!" to wrestlers. Playing along is awesome. Smart marks are officially lame.

This is... Cutler and Blake. I don't think I caught a team name. Very much a rough Texas biker gimmick going for them. They were drinking from paper bagged cans, but when they threw those down in from of us it was actually Monster energy drinks.

The team of Heavy Machinery. Otis Dozovic and Tucker Knight. A guy behind his was giving them crap for their tights looking like too much like Owen Hart which is a fair comment. Lots of big strongman fat guy splashy moves. Very entertaining.

Next a Chinese guy called Yanbo “Boa” Wang explained how much he loved the US and Five Guys burgers and his dream has come true. Touching stuff. Truly a purely good moment in a wrestling show.

Wait.. What's this? A masked figure?! Oh no! What's going to happen!

A guy.. whose name is Sawyer Fulton according to people around me attacked poor young "Boa" Wang.

Buddy Murphy is up next. And he turned out to be my son's favorite. Because his grandmother has a dog named Murphy. Yup.

Against Brendan Williams. Who was pretty talented. He dominated most of the match with Murphy playing the face-in-peril.

Next up was a 6-man tag match.
Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Noam Dar against Rich Swann, Gran Metalik & Mustafa Ali (the other team was on the other side and I never really got a clear shot). We on by the heel corner and Nese, Gulak, and Dar are awesome heels. Constantly turning to us to tell us that we are horrible, the other team is horrible, and that they are so great and fantastic. My son was really getting into the fun of it.

Next was an intermission. I was gonna stay put, and then Brody wanted a drink, so by the time I got back the next match was in swing.

A women's tag match. With people. (According to the internet Liv Morgan & Sarah Bridges versus Mandy Rose & Bianca Blair). I couldn't tell you who was which, but one of them had a super long braid which she used as an offensive weapon. Kinda silly.

Next up is.. Kona Reeves who has some sort of hook thingy.

Babatunga! Who I gathered was a debut. And holy shit is this guy big. Overall something that TV wrestling doesn't convey (or the back arena seats I've had in the past) is how big these guys generally are and how loud the mat slams and chops are. It was really amazing to see it in person. Babatunga was enormous. Green, but enormous.

Main Event time..
Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli who are rich. You could tell because they pretended to throw money. Actually Tino (on left) was really muscular, but was drenched in sweat by the end of the match which lots of people noted. Riddick was pretty generic.

The Street Prophets (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford). Holy shit were these guys entertaining. Excessive posing and posturing before the match. I can see them working well on TV.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #622  (isolation #41)  » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:48 pm

In post 621, Panzerjager wrote:That's looks like house show lighting. Notes from your notes: I fucking hate Angelo Dawkins and his gimmick seems to gone back to being a caricature of black people...great. Riddick broke Hideo's neck so booo riddick. I like Tino. Kimberly is not unknown: Google Kimber Lee. Sawyer Fulton is back and not back in Sanity? Wild. I think that Boa guy is Tian Bang or w/e his name is...the big time chinese guy that came over after the China tv deal. Heavy Machinery are my favorite tag team in the world right now I think.

Yeah, I admit I had that same thought about Angelo Dawkins' team but I pushed it aside with the hope that it's not intended that way.

Re: Kimberly - Fair enough. She just didn't get a reaction though. Barely anyone cheered.

Boa is Yanbo Wang (https://twitter.com/Bigboawwe). Apparently WWE hired 7 Chinese wrestlers.

Heavy Machinery are pretty fucking awesome.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #651  (isolation #42)  » Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 pm

And efeds are the fakiest of fake. I haven't been in one since i was a teenager.

I might join if kuribo & panzer do.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #656  (isolation #43)  » Fri May 19, 2017 8:48 pm

In post 652, Panzerjager wrote:Idk what an e-fed is but it sounds like something really really nerdy. Reputation ruinily so. KK, correct me if I'm wrong. Also I want hippo to be my manager if I do this.

Eh, if you care about internet reputation, then maybe it's not for you. :lol:

I e-fedded when I was younger and it was pretty fun depending on participation. Generally you just roleplay some promos and maybe match spots then the guy running the e-fed decides who wins and you go from there. It can be pretty creative and fun.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #1444  (isolation #44)  » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:59 pm

In post 1440, Panzerjager wrote:Not much? I honestly thought the storyline was better. From Shibata getting mount early then giving it up and toy with Okada by being the experienced "shoot fighter" while Okada was the young inexperienced champion. How Okada immediately started with the extra aggression and not breaking on rope counts, trying to even the gap to Shibata finally getting sick of it and abandon his submission game and starts walking through strikes and slapping the piss out of Okada to the slap each other from the ground spot then of course the headbutt into the finish with multiple rainmakers. The headbutt is important but I think it's not why that match is burned into my mind. A lot of Okada matches blend together on my mind (not to take away anything from him) but that one was just so different.

The headbutt cements it though. It's rare for matches to have actual consequences.

The Okada/Shibata probably was a touch better, but I think the Okada/Omega match was one of the best I've seen.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2323  (isolation #45)  » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:28 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2331  (isolation #46)  » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:30 pm

In post 2324, xRECKONERx wrote:so do people wanna do a WWWRPG group or nah

I'm in. What is this?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2365  (isolation #47)  » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:49 pm

I happen to see Matt Cappotelli died. he was a Tough Enough winner.

Then I found out Vader died a few weeks ago. Pretty bummed out about that. Vader was a great big man heel.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2371  (isolation #48)  » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:11 am

That's because Lashley has always been bad.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2382  (isolation #49)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:42 pm

Finally got to watching Dominion 6.9.18 with the Jericho/Naito and Okada/Omega. Excellent show.

Jericho is showing his age though.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2400  (isolation #50)  » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:20 pm

Pick Benoit.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2407  (isolation #51)  » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:14 pm

I love Omega mocking EVIL in the background..

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2429  (isolation #52)  » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 pm

RIP Brian Lawler aka Brian Christopher aka Grandmaster Sexay.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2438  (isolation #53)  » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:15 am

In post 2431, kuribo wrote:Now, if you wanted to make the case that the head booker for ROH, Delirious, may or may not be a complete piece of shit, I'd say there's plenty of evidence that he is. Or at least accusations that he covered up sexual misconduct.

And before Sinclair bought them, ROH was founded by Rob "I'll pretend you said you're eighteen" Feinstein. (Also a fun fact, I'm pretty sure he still gets royalties for everything people buy off RFVideo, and RF is the exclusive forever-and-ever authorized distributor of unedited original ECW footage)

Yeah, I was going to post this.

Man, wrestling is such a shitty business.

Nobody tell me shitty things about CMLL.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2479  (isolation #54)  » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 pm

In post 2478, hiplop wrote:Please keep politics firmly out of my wrestling

They're all bad people let me forget that in peace plz

Then keep your wrestling out of politics... :giggle:

https://people.com/sports/wwe-wrestler- ... -tennesse/

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2520  (isolation #55)  » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:20 pm

In post 2517, Sudo_Nym wrote:Punk isn't coming back. He hasn't wrestled in like 5 years now, and he's been very clear that he hates wrestling and has no interest in ever coming back ever. Why are people so obsessed with wanting to see a wrestling match featuring a guy who hasn't wrestled in 5 years and hates wrestling?

C'mon.. Whoever heard of a wrestler actually retiring?

Punk's young. The MMA thing isn't working out. He's not an actor and his celebrity star is fading the longer he's off TV. He'll need to make a living somehow.

He'll eventually wrestle again. Probably even in WWE. Vince loves booking unlikely returns for an easy pop (i.e. Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior). Especially people that swore him off and eventually come back crawling for a job.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2523  (isolation #56)  » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:44 pm

In post 2522, kuribo wrote:Him and AJ are filming a movie, so he's not off TV yet

I tracked down the press release. A remake of a old David Cronenberg body horror movie starring two tv actors? Oof. That sounds like a straight-to-video shlockfest.

Edit: Wait, I jsut realized that I've seen Rabid (the movie being remade). It's basically just a zombie movie. Low-budget zombie movies are dime-a-dozen. It was only kinda interesting because it was set in Montreal.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2540  (isolation #57)  » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:24 am

Part of me wonders if I should be checking out old DDT events. Apparently they are very weird (and a little bit gay).

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2544  (isolation #58)  » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:28 am

In post 2542, Porkens wrote:
In post 2540, Kublai Khan wrote:Part of me wonders if I should be checking out old DDT events. Apparently they are very weird (and a little bit gay).

How would I check that out?

Eh.. I made that post after finding out that they once had a GAY World Anal Championship belt (Link that was later absorbed into an 8-title belt. Plus they put on that infamous Omega v 9 year old girl match. Plus I remember Colt Cabana talking it up on his podcast. And a little googling pulled up this NSFW poster (male nudity/no genitalia).

It just made me realize that there is a level of Japanese humor that I'm missing out on. It certainly is more daring that anything the US is putting out comedy wise (with the exception of Joey Ryan's penis).

The post was to remind me to keep an eye out for it (and maybe see if anyone was familiar). It doesn't seem like they put out english versions of their shows (like NJPW does) and I hope older shows aren't as heavily edited as FMW American releases were. (Introductions/high spot/high spot/high spot/finish - next match..)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2572  (isolation #59)  » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Ouch.

(Apparently JR missed a step and faceplanted at a friend's house)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2591  (isolation #60)  » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:14 pm

In post 2587, Kmd4390 wrote:First PPV I've ever watched and I thought it was awesome.

Wait, do you mean live or, like, ever?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2593  (isolation #61)  » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:37 pm

Wow. I didn't realize Kmd was so new to wrestling.

@Kmd - What were your favorite parts?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2611  (isolation #62)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:01 pm

In post 2608, xRECKONERx wrote:I personally can't get into NJPW because the production values are ass

oh noeess,, this steak has too much meat and not enuff sizzle.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2613  (isolation #63)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Dude.. Go and watch some youtube indie fed shows for a bit. Then you'll appreciate how good NJPW production values are.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2614  (isolation #64)  » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:46 pm

There is a Kaiju Big Battel show coming to Tampa at the end of the month. I'm kinda tempted to go see it. Has anyone ever see one?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2617  (isolation #65)  » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:00 pm

In post 2615, T-Bone wrote:Kenny Omega headed to WWE (maybe), NJPW is dead!

T-Bone getting worked?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2622  (isolation #66)  » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:55 pm

In post 2614, Kublai Khan wrote:There is a Kaiju Big Battel show coming to Tampa at the end of the month. I'm kinda tempted to go see it. Has anyone ever see one?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2628  (isolation #67)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Gronk is Mongo v2.0

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2644  (isolation #68)  » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Get drunk and fight the Tongan.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2646  (isolation #69)  » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Which you'll need to fight The Barbarian, who will hunt you down.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2664  (isolation #70)  » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:47 pm

What's a "rumble"? I'm heading out to a Big Battel.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2682  (isolation #71)  » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:36 pm

I went to the Kaiju Big Battel show (will have some picks up later). What am I involved in now?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2689  (isolation #72)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:25 pm

I can't believe I was included in this contest, on the grounds that I did not enter.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2703  (isolation #73)  » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Ludwig Borga 2.0

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2725  (isolation #74)  » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:20 am

To be honest, Kofi had a much longer WWE career then I initially anticipated.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2730  (isolation #75)  » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:36 pm

In post 2726, Panzerjager wrote:No faith in those vignettes?

Yeah, they were up there with the Kizarny ones. PLus it was the WWE ECW, it just seemed all wrong.

Happily wrong, though.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2733  (isolation #76)  » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:29 pm

Hey, WrestleMania 2020 is local to me. I might try to get tickets.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2734  (isolation #77)  » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Woah. best tickets are about 2 grand and the "cheap seats" are $200 each. That's ridiculous. Guess I'll be checking out all the cool alternative stuff around town.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2738  (isolation #78)  » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:17 am

I've seen an NXT show (though just a house show). I'll probably do an ROH show because that'd be awesome. WrestleCircus could be interesting as well. I guess I'll wait until 4-5 months out and see who is announcing shows.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2745  (isolation #79)  » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:32 am

Man, that's a pretty small ring.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2747  (isolation #80)  » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:17 am

Eh.. Pretty sure that WWE and NJPW are 20 by 20. And AAA and CMLL are as well.

ROH and TNA and most American indies are usually 18 by 18. That one looks probably 16 by 16.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2753  (isolation #81)  » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2754  (isolation #82)  » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Also... An asshole attacks Bret hart during his hall of Fame moment? WTF?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2755  (isolation #83)  » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Another angle:

smh, attacking a legend in an arena full of wrestlers with the night off..

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2765  (isolation #84)  » Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2766  (isolation #85)  » Thu May 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2768  (isolation #86)  » Thu May 09, 2019 11:51 pm

It's badass. What other reason do I need?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2782  (isolation #87)  » Sat May 18, 2019 11:24 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2783  (isolation #88)  » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:35 pm

I'm finally getting around to watching AEW Double or Nothing.

I really don't like the Young Bucks. I mean, I get that wrestling has evolved to every big match needing 3-4 major finishers to win. But every Young Bucks match I see tends to have them pulling out 8-10 finisher level moves during the course of the match. Things that legitimately look like they should finish off a wrestler are just transitional moves that don't even get a pinfall attempt.

Like, Matt Jackson hits Pentagon Jr. with El Generico (Sami Zayn)'s old finisher "the Brainbustaahh!", which is a brainbuster delivered onto the top turnbuckle. An insane move that should be the end to any match. Hell, you could believably stretcher out the victim and kayfabe a whole injury. Crowd jumps to it's feet and chants "Holy shit". Most probably have never seen it anything like it before. But it's barely sold as Matt moves onto the next move.

I'd say 80% of their offense is other wrestler's finishing moves that they don't win the match with. It's dumb.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2794  (isolation #89)  » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Excalibur is a great announcer.

[ + ]

Return to General Discussion