RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9075 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 9070, Elsa Jay wrote:I want it to go on record I claimed Traitor day 1 this game and am still alive by some miracle.

What the hell are you doing guys. Atleast a vigi should have shot me or something.
I'm still waiting to be gifted a vig shot.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9076 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by DrewVa »

RCE how important are profii's reads before EoD? Have you voted yet?

-d
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9077 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9074, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 9045, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9024, RCEnigma wrote:Profii as scum doesn't have a nightly impact but Bef scum does.
How do you know that profii has no ability at night? If he is scum then he could have easily lied.

Look. I get that we are lynching BEF today. What I don't like is bringing up what I feel are valid points that show a better lynch somewhere else, imo, and getting shit on because of it. I get that I can be wrong, but to handwave me away because I see things differently is disgusting.
Is Drewva your better Lynch? Discounting some fucked mechanic there's one between Bef or profii. We're guaranteed to hit scum tonday or tomorrow.
No I was for doing profii first since its his action thats in question. We know BEF told the truth about sending his fruit to profii, profii is the stop in the chain thats in question. All the rest is just fluff made up to explain how a certain situation could have happened. Its all predicated upon certain ideas that no one knows even exist for sure.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9078 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9064, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9063, PenguinPower wrote:Umm...I missed a post that didn't really mean much...you missed entire concepts. Same thing...

If you're town, stop playing the "woe is me" card. It's scummy.

If I find out you're town, I'll do what I always do when I'm wrong. Reassess.
Ok fine. Can you point me in the direction of that conversation so I can look at it for myself? I'm not even sure who to iso to find it.
Hey PP, you must be on mobile again, so heres a repost.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9079 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I don't understand what you are looking for...
<(") | (")>
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9080 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

You said that there was a conversation about profii being site wide absent. Could you point me in the direction of where that happened so I can look at it myself?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9081 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 9039, DrewVa wrote:I know, sadly profii randomly vanishing from threads isn't strongly AI given he's been way less active in the last month sitewide to my knowledge
In post 9047, Nev and Max wrote:As opposed to profii who has been mostly absent from the thread...
these posts were 8 apart fyi, and they are within the last three pages, so I don't know why you thought it was more productive to ask PP twice to find it instead of just reading the thread

-d

pedit: guess it was better to ask 3 times
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9082 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

I didnt see it and I had no idea where it would be. PP seemed to know so I asked him. Whats the issue?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9083 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

Hey Drew. Is that the only place where profiis activity was talked about, or are there more posts that I missed about it?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9084 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by DrewVa »

Do you know BEF's alignment FF?

-d
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9085 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9084, DrewVa wrote:Do you know BEF's alignment FF?

-d
I dont.

Were there more references to profiis activity?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9086 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by DrewVa »

I'm just wondering because it seems like right now you're trying to bait the lynch away from him to yourself right now.

So either you know he is scum and he has a more valuable role than yours, or you know he is town and you want to give everyone shit before the flip.

Either way I don't really see how your play at this moment is uninformed.

But if you think that complaining to other people about how you're too lazy to reread the thread will advance your wincon, you might want to reflect on why you play mafia. Is your play right now fun for you? Do you think other people are enjoying interacting with you? How important is your wincon to you and why do you think this strategy is helping advance it?

-d
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9087 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9086, DrewVa wrote:I'm just wondering because it seems like right now you're trying to bait the lynch away from him to yourself right now.

So either you know he is scum and he has a more valuable role than yours, or you know he is town and you want to give everyone shit before the flip.

Either way I don't really see how your play at this moment is uninformed.

But if you think that complaining to other people about how you're too lazy to reread the thread will advance your wincon, you might want to reflect on why you play mafia. Is your play right now fun for you? Do you think other people are enjoying interacting with you? How important is your wincon to you and why do you think this strategy is helping advance it?

-d
There are 350+ pages. I didnt know where a particular thing that happened would be located in the over 9000 posts. Its not that im lazy, its that I would be looking for a needle in a hay stack. And I would have imagined the way PP talked about how silly I was to miss a whole concept that it would have been much larger than the line in that one post you quoted.

So how about you answer an easy question instead of word vomitting on me.

Do you know of any other posts talking about profiis activity?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9088 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

RCE asked me a question and I was able to calmly answer him. I would like to play here, but it seems like most of my time is spent with you, PP and elsa up my ass.

Even when I try to reach out and work with you guys you just shit on me. So sorry, not sorry, but whatever.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9089 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

And call this AtE if you want. But put yourself in my shoes for a second. I know we are town. Think about how you as town in my position would be acting. If its different cool. But literally nothing I do is going to be good enough for you or PP so what are we doing here?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9090 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

Like theres 16 people alive and I feel like the thread has just been the 4 of us for a couple days. I keep wondering if this is because theres scum in you guys and youre trying to push town in a certain direction and dont like that im here as a thron in your sides.

Or are we all town and scum is just sitting the fuck back watching as we implode.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9091 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by DrewVa »

Yes, I have mentioned it as one of the reasons he could possibly be scum here. It was mentioned in my wallpost as one of the strongest points in favor of profii being scum.

I literally don't even disagree with you that it's a point of consideration, but I don't think it is strongly AI for profii (he can post quite a bit as scum when he wants to) and it matches a decrease in his posting recently across the site (which suggests a real life change rather than a strategic shift).

What I don't get is:
-Why you are focusing on giving other players shit for not finding quotes for you instead of rereading the thread yourself, given you could just ctrl+f profii
-Why you are not pushing profii on his activity or giving the sense that you are trying to actually convincingly sort his slot but instead shading other players over non-existent inconsistencies
-Why you are not addressing the main issues with this concern -- most of the town concedes that profii can conceivably be scum here. My argument, which Jingle has stated more succinctly, is that BEF's role is more dangerous for scum, and BEF's play has throughout the game seemed more AI toward scum, even if there are moments (such as his roleclaim today) that seem to possibly come from a town POV. So BEF seems like he can be scum, he's a solid POE lynch outside of the 1v1, even resolving the 1v1 would not lock him as town, and confirming that he is town confirms the number of sticky fruit in the game as 0 which increases the reliability and plausiblity of future and current night action results. All of which. I described. In the wallposts. Which have been quoted. Multiple. Times.

So right now I feel like you are just circling back on talking points that I myself brought up, and giving people shit for not talking about them which tells me:
a) you're not seriously reading the thread
b) you're not seriously reading my posts in particular
and
c) you're acting distracting and toxic

Like, mechanically, BEF is the best lynch in the game hands down. But you may literally be turning yourself into the better lynch for the gamestate and town WIM if you keep this up.

Stop harassing people, and either read the thread or take a break for the day or something man.

-d
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9092 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by DrewVa »

Right now I am literally considering the possibility that you are being deliberately aggressive just to goad me into ending the day. I have no idea what it says about BEF's flip but it certainly makes me suspicious of yours. It's like you don't even want profii to respond.

Like, if profii's activity bothers you... why are you so uninterested in profii? That's certainly not where your posts seem directly lately

-d
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9093 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

Listen. I was talking to PP. He said something happened. I asked him where that was because he remembered it and I didnt. I am not going to search through this thread by ctrl fing each page for a keyword that I would be guessing at.

I was giving him a little shit because he missed that post while posting about newer things. Why are you bothered by this whole thing with him and I is beyond me.

PP is the one who tried to shit on me for not remembering a concept, while it looks like it was one line in a large post from you. Why is he making one line into a mountain?

I have conceeded that I was looking at BEF in a different way, that we could use his ability, others have told me that is a bad idea. So our vote is on BEF. If someone asks why I think that someone else is a better lynch than I am going to answer them. I can have opinions too.

How am I acting toxic right now? I am trying to work out issues that we are having with the game and trying to talk to other players about my ideas. Show me where im being toxic without being provoked.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9094 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9092, DrewVa wrote:Right now I am literally considering the possibility that you are being deliberately aggressive just to goad me into ending the day. I have no idea what it says about BEF's flip but it certainly makes me suspicious of yours. It's like you don't even want profii to respond.

Like, if profii's activity bothers you... why are you so uninterested in profii? That's certainly not where your posts seem directly lately

-d
You think BEF is lying scum. You are the one who seems uninterested because you the one who said you were voting BEF but wanted to hear from profii on questions, but said that it didnt really matter what he responded with, you were still voting BEF.

I think that profii is a better lynch, you dont agree, cool. We are voting BEF.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9095 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 9078, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9064, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9063, PenguinPower wrote:Umm...I missed a post that didn't really mean much...you missed entire concepts. Same thing...

If you're town, stop playing the "woe is me" card. It's scummy.

If I find out you're town, I'll do what I always do when I'm wrong. Reassess.
Ok fine. Can you point me in the direction of that conversation so I can look at it for myself? I'm not even sure who to iso to find it.
Hey PP, you must be on mobile again, so heres a repost.
It's workload related idk an exact post.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9096 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 9094, Nev and Max wrote:You think BEF is lying scum. You are the one who seems uninterested because you the one who said you were voting BEF but wanted to hear from profii on questions, but said that it didnt really matter what he responded with, you were still voting BEF.

I think that profii is a better lynch, you dont agree, cool. We are voting BEF.
I didn't say it didn't matter. I said I thought it was likely his answers would not change my vote, although they were nonetheless important for my understanding of the game. Moreover, I didn't want to rush the day because I wanted to make sure that RCE and everyone in this town had time to process the merits of the case and offer refutation.

Right now you seem to want to offer an argument that profii isn't being that talkative. Okay. So you tell me, is activity alignment indicative for profii? Instead of spamming the same question to PP three times in a row, why don't you go read some of profii's games and provide some meaningful argument on why you think his activity is scum indicative.

Like... how can you sit here and complain about being unable to process the thread when you are the second top poster? Maybe slow down, post less, and read more?

-d
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9097 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 9095, RCEnigma wrote:It's workload related idk an exact post.
that was my theory, but idk if profii has actually said as much

-d
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9098 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 9076, DrewVa wrote:RCE how important are profii's reads before EoD? Have you voted yet?

-d
@RCE
-- basically, do you feel like we are at a place where we can end the day?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9099 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9096, DrewVa wrote:Instead of spamming the same question to PP three times in a row
With lines like this I dont see why I would listen to anything you tell me to do. It is very apparent how you feel about me and this slot. I asked a question to someone who knew the answer. He didnt understand so I asked again. Its not like I just wrote the same thing and triple posted it so he would see.

I posted once, and he responded to posts after it.

I reposted and then he said he didnt understand. You were quick to come to his aid though...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”