Unpopular mafia opinions

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 0, RadiantCowbells wrote:from least unpopular to most unpopular

5) anyone who says that they don't bus unless they need to or not at all is essentially claiming that they are a scum player with a narrow range of games that they are able to play
4) fluffposting contains just as much alignment indicative information as walls and cases and is more difficult for most players to fake
3) looking towny as scum is either the least or the second least important scum skill next to imitating your towngame despite the heavy value most assign to it
2) energy, charisma, and time to post in thread are in most cases the factors that determine whether a player is lynched or not, not towniness of posts.
1) MS's high replace rate is a blessing in disguise, except when it gets to the point where games are bleeding people faster than they can replace
5) probably true :shifty:

4) somewhat disagree; I think that cases and pushes are unreadable when dealing w people who lack the skills to understand anything about AI behavior, and shitposting is unreadable for anyone who’s able to post comfortably while scum (but is probably quite readable for newer players and/or those who are in like severe wolf burnout). TLDR: really depends on the players

3) Imitating your actual towngame is backseat to looking town; if yiur towngame is lynchbait then it’s actively counterproductive to imitate it usually, for instance. For looking town... I think it really depends on quality of player list. If the game quality is really low, it’s probably enough by itself to win a high % of the time. If the game quality is really high, then FAILING to do so just makes you dead scum and the rest of the stuff you do isn’t very important because you’re just dead scum. In between is where I agree with you. In a game where you can take some liberties but can’t just be blatant scum, then stuff like effectively pushing fake cases, making thread environment proscum, etc. can all have much higher value (also I’m thinking the sort of board where just looking town means you’re just the last wolf lynched which is little consolation)

2) tend to agree

1) tend to disagree. I think it’s damaging to game state where people can hop in and out just because they feel like it or game x isn’t fun, much less where they can RWSTFO (rand wolf sub the fuck out) as part of meta with no real consequence.
Which is what Numbers does every time they roll scum.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

This isn’t unpopular but reading anyone based on activity levels is bs. More mislynches come from that than anything else.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

No, I should have clarified. I mean wrt meta. People’s posting activity can be affected by a lot of things and every game, I’ve seen this used as a scumtell, it’s been wrong.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 21, Wisdom wrote:Investigations targeting people who are harder to read is not a bad thing
Or anyone you scumread who town is probably never going to lynch.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

OMGUSsing is more likely to come from town than scum, since scum are all about how they look and are in generally, less likely to do that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Fri May 03, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 30, the worst wrote:would you like me to teach you to charisma dr. worm?
I need it badly, apparently. :roll:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:33 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 35, tn5421 wrote:Here's an unpopular opinion.

Games that don't carry the Geriatric ruleset are unplayable.
Hard disagree with that. The only thing I hate more than reading wallposts is making them.

And geriatric games practically force you to make them.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”