Newbie 1917 - Game Over

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 pm

@CS and Chenn

Can you tell me, based on , what read Thespio has on Guilty Lion? Town or scum?

What about TTTT?
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:15 pm

In post 105, chennisden wrote:You're right, RVS is a bad way to scumread. I'll wait for more content before I can really say who scum is.

you should look at my completed newbie games. It's silly how many newbie scum give themselves away immediately.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:20 pm

In post 112, chennisden wrote:1912 was the only game I read after the 1917 thread started.

And iirc Thespio claimed somewhere it was his only scumgame

Thespio did not mention either having a scum game or game 1912 prior to you mentioning having read it.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Ayyy TTTT gj.
Got'em, coach

Spoiler: spoiled for space
In post 133, TTTT wrote:
In post 105, chennisden wrote:And my background in mafia games - I've read 2 or 3 games to completion, including one with Thespio and Loopdan (though I won't be able to meta well, two birds with one stone right?). However, this is my first time playing.

PEDIT:
@Guilty yes I am aware TTTT=Loopdan. I'm not sure if he wanted it to be kept secret-ish (though on second thought he literally reveals).

And I looked at 1912 because TTTT and Thespio were in the same game and it was recent. Considering that 1912 was the only time Thespio rolled scum, it was in my opinion the most informative to read.

TTTT wrote:@chennis
just curious how you knew I was Loopdan

TTTT wrote:like did you realize that before, after, or during the time you were reading through 1912?

chennisden wrote:I looked through a game including you before this one started. I checked your profile and was surprised to learn you are Loop.

after 1912

something doesn't add up here
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:25 pm

In post 146, TTTT wrote:I can buy town!chennisden backwards-justifying why he was reading that other game
it's a bit suspicious cuz he doesn't mention Muh (who was also in that game)
but it's possibly a town mistake
I wanna move on from that
particularly because is much worse than anything else he's written

Catch and Release only fishing today at the lake I guess??
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:28 pm

In post 167, CsBlastoise wrote:(I'm new-ish, remember)

I seem to remember someone mentioning this once or twice, yeah =) :shifty:
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:29 pm

In post 172, TTTT wrote:
In post 169, Micc wrote:muh316 has requested replacement.

requested
that's gonna fuck with my head

eww

don't let it.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Nothing from screaming pinged me until this. The read list here seems more likely from scum than town. That said, the post as a whole feels townie. Basically making this post as a bookmark

Spoiler: screaming post, spoiled for space
In post 181, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 164, CsBlastoise wrote:
Ninja Edits:
@Screaming RE : Mod said Saint already asked for replacement.

Ahh, I missed that. I see Muh requested replacement too. Regardless, I hope the spots are filled soon. Kind of annoying...

Thoughts:
I feel like some of you know this game TOO well to be newbs. It's showing and intimidating. Half my day is spent reading back and forth and we still have virtually no information to go on! I feel like a lynch is really need to start telling what is what and where is where.
I'm a little rusty but used to play forum Mafia/werewolf for several years. You guys are coming up to conclusions out of thin air. Which, such is usually the case for day 1. We really need more of a consensus on who the first lynch should be.

These are my thoughts so far:
Scum leaning: TTTT, GuiltyLion, and chennisden. In fact, the accusations going back and forth may actually be them working together to up front prove they are not scum and last in the game longer.
Null: Thespio and pretty much everyone else. I don't know why Thespio but... it's just a feeling... may not even been substantiated.

I'm going back to the town bar, having some town scotch, and dancing on town tables.
103-11 0-2

TTTT
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:32 pm

In post 229, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 146, TTTT wrote:I can buy town!chennisden backwards-justifying why he was reading that other game
it's a bit suspicious cuz he doesn't mention Muh (who was also in that game)
but it's possibly a town mistake
I wanna move on from that
particularly because is much worse than anything else he's written

Catch and Release only fishing today at the lake I guess??

is this gonna be like the scum!Salami thing
where I talked myself out of it
and then you made a great case and we lynched him?

...except I'm still SRing chennis
just not too much from that

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm

In post 185, TTTT wrote:@URAP
I mostly want to hear from you if you think any of these newer players are town-telling yet
usually I can pick up an early TR or two on newbies
but I got nothing rn

there is def some lynchbait in this game, mate lol =)

But you caught one scum so gj

p.edit yes, it is. It is exactly that.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:34 pm

In post 192, GuiltyLion wrote:omg URAP2! welcome, can we be town together?? TTTT/URAP2/GL townbloc but would wreck scum in this game I think

TTTT I entirely agree about how none of the newbies seem to be towntelling. If I had to pick one out of all of them it'd be CsBlastoise for town but even he is not without concern.

yes I am feeling this town bloc for sure
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:35 pm

In post 194, GuiltyLion wrote:like I don't know if newbscum!Chen thinks to post 134, that just kinda vibes fundamentally honest paranoia about me. and then 136 doesn't feel like scum lying either. I think what was pinging me earlier may be just kinda awkwardness and trying to play "correctly" in a sense

chen has been desperately trying to argue that other slots should be engaged/pressured ever since getting scum read Lots of other slots. Any other slot. I think it's just transparently scum.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:37 pm

In post 199, TTTT wrote:
In post 140, chennisden wrote:New read on TTTT: Scum.

He's making his stuff hard to understand to town. He has no real reason to scumread me.

Literally his only evidence is me forgetting something. Yet he's acting very scummy - posting stuff with little explanation, most of stuff he posts is sarcastic, etc.

But I think TTTT has a point with Muh. If others think this is TvT, I think we gotta go for Muh.

GL give your thoughts on this plz

i think it's entirely inconsistent with the tone and direction Chenn took starting immediately after this
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:39 pm

In post 203, CsBlastoise wrote:
In post 202, u r a person 2 wrote:oh NMSA is probably town, too. Let's call it town lean because he's a smart guy and could probably improve dramatically from game 1 to game 2. i'll look more into that idea later
Eh, I feel like NMSA hasn't posted enough content yet to get a read — again, 4 posts, all of them one-liners (not counting quotes), is basically nothing to go on.

I think you should read my completed newbie games and the PT's I kept if you want to see just how alignment indicative early posts can be.

NMSA is town here more often than not, but like I said before, could have improved since last game.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:47 pm

looks like chenn only has one vote on em ookay

VOTE: Chennisden
103-11 0-2

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He

Post Post #240  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:51 pm

In post 236, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 194, GuiltyLion wrote:like I don't know if newbscum!Chen thinks to post 134, that just kinda vibes fundamentally honest paranoia about me. and then 136 doesn't feel like scum lying either. I think what was pinging me earlier may be just kinda awkwardness and trying to play "correctly" in a sense

chen has been desperately trying to argue that other slots should be engaged/pressured ever since getting scum read Lots of other slots. Any other slot. I think it's just transparently scum.

What kind of logic is this? Of course we should pressure >1 person for D1!

@URAP I had two votes on me, TTTT and GL. I am now at L-2.

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:52 pm

"NSMA is more often town than scum"

Considering the probability of rolling town > the probability of rolling scum, I wonder why?

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:53 pm

In post 236, u r a person 2 wrote:

tbh this reading is undercut by just how non-existent the chenn wagon is rn.

But perhaps it felt different when the two people pushing it were TTTT and GL who both have an out-sized presence in this thread.

okay rip my reads to shred or ask me questions or build on what I've started.
103-11 0-2

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:54 pm

In post 197, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 196, Screamingnoodle wrote:(which I would hope not be the case in a newbie game)

eh okay maybe this is town

VOTE: Thespio

who is up for this lynch

nope you're at L-3
103-11 0-2

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:59 pm

oops yes i am at 2 votes, forgot GL changed to Thes.

About #88 - though I do agree Thespio should clarify his reads again, we lynch off of who feels most scummy so its not as bad.

I recalled wrong about Thespio then. I do know it is his only scumgame, perhaps someone else claimed it. Regardless a meta argument is bad

as for #226, im new but not stupid. lurking would make me in the bottom of the scumreads, but I want to actually help town (because I'm town).

And I really think we should pressure some people, because what if scum isn't newb? There's 8 of you guys who could be scum. Rn we only have reads on 2 people, which isn't good.

@GL I will try to develop my own playstyle over time, rn I'm just trying things and hoping they work.

Micc
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:01 pm

EchoVision replaces SaintAngelDFE.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" - Ninja Boy Hideo

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:05 pm

In post 244, chennisden wrote:as for #226, im new but not stupid. lurking would make me in the bottom of the scumreads, but I want to actually help town (because I'm town).

I'm not trying to imply that you're stupid. I don't think you are.

I'm not sure what the second part is referencing.
103-11 0-2

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 pm

I know you aren't implying I'm stupid. I'm just saying that as mafia, would I really go out and be the center of attention instead of lurking? No newbscum would pull such a gambit, especially w/ coaching

And are you asking about the @GL section? I remember he said that I shouldn't worry about playing to some "norm," it was in response to that

chennisden
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:17 pm

urap, do you have any townreads?

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:22 pm

In post 247, chennisden wrote:I know you aren't implying I'm stupid. I'm just saying that as mafia, would I really go out and be the center of attention instead of lurking? No newbscum would pull such a gambit, especially w/ coaching

And are you asking about the @GL section? I remember he said that I shouldn't worry about playing to some "norm," it was in response to that

why not? I would =P

I'm not asking about gl. I am confused by the question

yes my town reads are, as I've indicated, GL, TTTT, NMSA,

Thespo I'm still leaning town on but that read has waned a bit
103-11 0-2

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games