Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4312, Gamma Emerald wrote:And I think it was SS and a few others saying I was the first lynch unless something changed.
Congratulations, something changed.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Tfw you write a sonnet about a mafia game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4323, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4311, Krazy wrote:

i.e., the IC selection could be to cast doubt onto Gamma, if she is town, for the wifom involved
It's simpler than that. Scum picked an IC that can never live to endgame.
They could have also IC’d Taly, because it would also accomplish nothing, because is there anyone here, who would be shocked by Taly being confitown’d? Next to Ank, Taly, is the most obvious townie in the entire game.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Krazy is also a town powerhouse. Given that someone with experience in that department might be scum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Krazy were you strong town before you left the site for a while? I want to know if that might be worth searching.
<Embrace The Void>

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by Krazy »

I think I was starting to get better right before I left. I had a game of fire and ice that ended in a draw, and a large theme that ended in a gamethrow/mod error which seemed like a really zen way to break things off for a while. But no, I don't think I had any sort of reputation for having a strong towngame until I came back in Ircher's Large Normal.

True story, my first scum game on site was against Hiraki, and my first scum game when coming back to the site was against Hiraki, and like those are the only two games I've ever seen him in. Sorry that's kinda off topic just something I noticed that I thought was funny
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4327, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Taly, is the most obvious townie in the entire game.
stop triggering me Nancy :P

I don't necessarily disagree but you've said that many times and I'm just wondering how much recent experience you have with Taly's scum game
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4314, Dannflor wrote:I'm slightly more inclined to think the IC was put on a scum pair if only to force town to get rid of it early.
there are arguments to be made for leaving the IC'd pair in final 3 pairings even if Gamma was widely scumread, given that dramatically decreases the likelihood of a loss in the entry into final 3 pairs. That being said I'd still rather not warp the reads of Gamma at this point and I don't want to get into a mech discussion of final pairings right now
vote conspiracy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Thanks
Btw I wrote this out in my PT with Pvt expecting to have some work to do on it and not wanting to post too much in the main thread with my ramblings but I think this is a good base so my reads rn are

Locktown
Pvt
Taly

Townreads
Krazy
Vedith

Weaker townreads
Nancy
Dann

Shades of null
Pink Ball
Something_Smart
Firebringer

Suspicious person
Moment

My top scumreads
Dr. Worm
DoubtingThomas
TheBrie

FYI each set IS ordered by towniest at the top except weaker townreads, which is ordered by recency because recency affects my confidence there.
<Embrace The Void>

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4331, Krazy wrote:
In post 4327, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Taly, is the most obvious townie in the entire game.
stop triggering me Nancy :P

I don't necessarily disagree but you've said that many times and I'm just wondering how much recent experience you have with Taly's scum game
I played with scum!Taly in Labrynth and I locktowned him in SC 2 or have you forgotten about that?

My point is, do you disagree that he is the most widely read obvtown player in this game, if town?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 4334, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I played with scum!Taly in Labrynth and I locktowned him in SC 2 or have you forgotten about that?

My point is, do you disagree that he is the most widely read obvtown player in this game, if town?
I'm thinking about my Taly read, if Labyrinth Mafia is the most significant scum game for her that you're basing your read on I'll bear that in mind when I do a meta dive later this week
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4333, Gamma Emerald wrote:Thanks
Btw I wrote this out in my PT with Pvt expecting to have some work to do on it and not wanting to post too much in the main thread with my ramblings but I think this is a good base so my reads rn are

Locktown
Pvt
Taly

Townreads
Krazy
Vedith

Weaker townreads
Nancy
Dann

Shades of null
Pink Ball
Something_Smart
Firebringer

Suspicious person
Moment

My top scumreads
Dr. Worm
DoubtingThomas
TheBrie

FYI each set IS ordered by towniest at the top except weaker townreads, which is ordered by recency because recency affects my confidence there.
Why is Fire so low and why is Vedith that high? Why is moment “suspicious”? Also, I’m trusting RC read on her. He seemed pretty confident on moment, town.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Fire is low because I had the thought that maybe he was careless with pairing because he's scum and doesn't need to worry as much. Vedith is high because I feel like this posting style trends more towards town for him. Krazy and Vedith also share a tier which I feel is a sign I might be onto something. As for Moment it's pretty much "where the fuck is town motivation in dodging my question?"
<Embrace The Void>

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4335, Krazy wrote:
In post 4334, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I played with scum!Taly in Labrynth and I locktowned him in SC 2 or have you forgotten about that?

I'm thinking about my Taly read, if Labyrinth Mafia is the most significant scum game for her that you're basing your read on I'll bear that in mind when I do a meta dive later this week
Didn’t someone also say, a scumtell for Taly, was to be town leader or something?

But he is nothing here, like he was in Labrynth. He was super aggressive in that, as in “how can you be townreading X” and I’m hard townreading Y with the negative utility role that can fuck town over. :lol:

Like if you disagreed with his reads, he hardpushed you. And there was also not an iota of the genuineness we see here. I don’t care how good someone is at scum, there’s just some things are not easily fakable. Like no offense to Taly but I just don’t believe he’s that good. I don’t even believe RC is that good.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4337, Gamma Emerald wrote:Fire is low because I had the thought that maybe he was careless with pairing because he's scum and doesn't need to worry as much. Vedith is high because I feel like this posting style trends more towards town for him. Krazy and Vedith also share a tier which I feel is a sign I might be onto something. As for Moment it's pretty much "where the fuck is town motivation in dodging my question?"
Am I missing something, how are Krazy and Vedith connected?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Vedith »

Gamma doesn't say connected.
I claim scum \o/
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Interesting.

I was hoping to discuss reads and try to make some with Moment, but he's not talking to me.

Gamma, why are you sus of Doubting Thomas and Dr Worm?
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Post by Vedith »

So I was trying to discuss reads and other things with Fire. Although I was distracted half way through Fire stopped responding when I was talking about reads and asking questions / making suggestions.
I'm not sure why Town!Fire does this unless he was really busy in life of course.
I claim scum \o/
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Post by Krazy »

You're saying Fire didn't use your PT for shitposting at all?
vote conspiracy
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

wait why am I the IC

why not Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4340, Vedith wrote:Gamma doesn't say connected.
In post 4337, Gamma Emerald wrote:Krazy and Vedith also share a tier which I feel is a sign I might be onto something.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:11 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Vedith - Firebringer
Dr Worm
-
Pink Ball

Krazy
- Taly
Dancefloor
-
Nancy Drew 39

Moment - TheBrie
DoubtingThomas - Something_Smart
PvtUrist
-
Gamma Emerald

Current town-reads. Dark greens are conf/strong town, light greens are lean town.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 4345, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4340, Vedith wrote:Gamma doesn't say connected.
In post 4337, Gamma Emerald wrote:Krazy and Vedith also share a tier which I feel is a sign I might be onto something.
I guess I read that differently to you.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 4343, Krazy wrote:You're saying Fire didn't use your PT for shitposting at all?
None at all.
Asked me why on a read and disagreed with 2 of my reads but other than that nothing from fire.
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

I am uninvested in game rn.
no strong scumreads to push.

I am probably going to go back through RCs ISO and sheep his reads when I decide to do something here.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”