Unpopular mafia opinions

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:34 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 0, RadiantCowbells wrote:from least unpopular to most unpopular

5) anyone who says that they don't bus unless they need to or not at all is essentially claiming that they are a scum player with a narrow range of games that they are able to play
Maybe this is mostly semantics and you're not really expressing your thoughts accurately, but: yeah, of course I don't bus unless I
need
to. The only reason to bus when you don't need to (i.e. in order to maximize your chance of winning the game) is for lulz or to try to win a scummy.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:39 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 15, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:This isn’t unpopular but reading anyone based on activity levels is bs. More mislynches come from that than anything else.
Unfortunately, people with investigations want the glory of catching scum and so they target players who are scummy. Investigations are better used to sort the low activity players. Or at times, a towny looking player who has so taken over that they'd never be lynched. But, investigations get wasted on people who could be lynched anyway.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Persivul »

Particularly in smaller games, where clearing an easy mislynch can make things very difficult for scum.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”