Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4450 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4445, Taly wrote:Can you evaluate my back-and-forth with Vedith the past few pages and get back to me?
I'm not to sure what exactly you want me to evaluate.

It reads to me like clashing townies who just have different ways of approaching the game and don't necessarily have similar reads. It's best if you try to understand how/why Vedith is getting to his positions and reads (vice versa too), instead of arguing over methods.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Taly »

I don't know why
Dann
-scum would be content with having
Urist
as an IC.

That's essentially grounds to validate suspicion on
Dann
based off
Urists'
read, or an argument to make that happen.

It looks too easy.

Dannflor wrote:
In post 4445, Taly wrote:Can you evaluate my back-and-forth with Vedith the past few pages and get back to me?

It reads to me like clashing townies who just have different ways of approaching the game and don't necessarily have similar reads. It's best if you try to understand how/why Vedith is getting to his positions and reads (vice versa too), instead of arguing over methods.
I'm not arguing with him. :igmeou: I don't like how I've been portrayed as being forceful or aggressive.

I'm TRYING to understand him.

Why is
Vedith
town to you?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4451, Taly wrote:I don't know why Dann-scum would be content with having Urist as an IC.
I'm pretty sure Dann-scum would be more than content to IC the partner of the most scumread player in the game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4449, Something_Smart wrote:Honestly it's mostly due to that marathon game lol. You played pretty similarly there to here.
:lol: oh jesus I'd mentally repressed that

I guess that's fair? I don't really agree that I played similarly and i'd question using marathon meta in general, but that seems like a natural read progression to me so I'm fine with that explanation
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4452, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4451, Taly wrote:I don't know why Dann-scum would be content with having Urist as an IC.
I'm pretty sure Dann-scum would be more than content to IC the partner of the most scumread player in the game.
When was Gamm the most scumread player in the game? What?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Taly »

So are you suggesting
Gamma
is the most scumread player? If so, I don't agree.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4451, Taly wrote:I'm not arguing with him. I don't like how I've been portrayed as being forceful or aggressive.

Why is Vedith town to you?
I don't mean to portray you as that either, I just mean you guys have very different styles and they're clearly clashing.

I had Vedith as an early town-lean for his behavior and attitude towards the start of the game, but that kinda waned with time as he disappeared as soon as he got a match and refused to participate anymore.

He's reassured me by coming back now with reads and analysis. Also, I don't think he's joking about suiciding when he says he scum reads Fire and would leave him. Don't think scum backs themselves into that corner when trading 1 for 1 for FB of all players isn't worth.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:01 am

In post 4453, Dannflor wrote:
In post 4449, Something_Smart wrote:Honestly it's mostly due to that marathon game lol. You played pretty similarly there to here.
:lol: oh jesus I'd mentally repressed that

I guess that's fair? I don't really agree that I played similarly and i'd question using marathon meta in general, but that seems like a natural read progression to me so I'm fine with that explanation
I'm keeping it very general. It's mostly your tone, how comfortable you are talking about mechanics, how much you try to pocket townies and point out towny things for towncred, how incisive your points are. This is the kind of thing I was townreading you for but it seems like you are equally capable of it as scum.
In post 4454, Dannflor wrote:
When was Gamm the most scumread player in the game? What?
You don't think so? Who's more widely scumread?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:02 am

In post 4457, Something_Smart wrote:Who's more widely scumread?
Or who WAS at the end of pre-dance, I should say.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Taly »

Well, their flips would assuredly improve my perception of the game.

I'm not confident that both
Vedith/Fire
are town/town, and I'll be a bit annoyed if they are.

I don't think
Vedith
was necessarily clashing with me, I interpreted it as him deflecting attention from his analysis. - - -
*sigh*

I thought I made myself extremely clear in but I don't think that's been acknowledged.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think you and DT had good amounts of suspicion. Maybe you less so towards the end. I just don't remember Gamma be singled out as top scum read, I should go back and reread some stuff.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3809, RadiantCowbells wrote:i think i'm back to thinking brie is town
In post 3917, RadiantCowbells wrote:moment/brie and nd/dannflor
In post 3921, RadiantCowbells wrote:all 4 of those ppl are near 100%
NVM to what I said earlier about Brie

Just double checked and RC had gone back to thinking she was town
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 4393, Taly wrote:Vedith only has 4 individual townreads in a game of 16 players left alive and we are nearing 5000 posts in, and the only town/town pair to him consists of the person who just got IC'ed.

The only scum/scum pair he has consists of who the IC pushed the most Pre-Dance. (Urist on Dann)

His townread on me is least understated or understood out of the entire playerlist since the strongest townreads on me are meta based and we haven't played before to my memory.
I mean Vedith should try to explain his reads, and I think he said he'd address them once he got to a computer, so we can wait for that.

I do think you're both being tripped up a bit because Vedith's play style is much more focused on find scum than find town
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Taly »

:igmeou: He could've waited to get on his computer and reply to my initial post in the first place.

whatever, I'm going to take a break from the thread.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4443, Taly wrote:Fire isn't in your readslist either, so I can't evaluate how your pair has communicated outside of that you both are (jokingly?) wanting to suicide....I just don't understand your view of this game. You're not elaborating on the reads, and it feels artificial when you think I'm intimidating you into expanding on them.
As my friend told me in the PT.

You are being a dick. Stop it.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Taly »

:( I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone, I just wanted answers.

I'll be back tomorrow or Monday pending on my schedule this coming week.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4447, Something_Smart wrote:Just realized I left you out of the reorganization, lol.
[PvtUrist]
[Dr Worm, Moment]
[Pink Ball, Vedith, Firebringer, Taly]
[TheBrie, DoubtingThomas, Gamma Emerald, Dannflor] < null line
[Nancy Drew 39]
[Krazy]
Dude, those reads are whack. How do you have Dann, me and Krazy as your bottom three?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4451, Taly wrote:I don't know why
Dann
-scum would be content with having
Urist
as an IC.

That's essentially grounds to validate suspicion on
Dann
based off
Urists'
read, or an argument to make that happen.

It looks too easy.

Dannflor wrote:

I'm not arguing with him. :igmeou: I don't like how I've been portrayed as being forceful or aggressive.

Why is
Vedith
town to you?
+1
Urist had Dann as his top scumread, like this makes no sense to me.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 4443, Taly wrote:I see more than 3 colors here. You didn't label or specify what each color meant.
Common sense would suggest that orange isn't null like yellow though.
Im sure you have been in enough games where people use the term town lean and Scum lean.
In post 4443, Taly wrote:1) So what does orange and yellow mean in terms of your read? Dr. W is the same color as Krazy, so is he null too?
2) I don't follow your townread on me because a big portion of the stated reason behind it in this game is on meta, and we haven't played before.
3) Nancy/Dann are scum for you I'm guessing since they're red? But you're not pushing that? Nor the DT/TheBrie scumread?
1 - I already stated this
2 - when do I say because of meta? Why are you making up reasons here?
3 - I've already said about this.
I am unsure to why you are acting dumb in this situation?
In post 4443, Taly wrote:I also don't follow because the last time you gave reads - Nancy was at the top. 489. I know this was awhile ago, but you gave no indication on how this changed... aside from maybe RC/Ank's NK?
Given that I requested Nancy dances with Krazy or Dann would be the indication that my opinion changed? I also said that my reads had changed more than once pre dance.
I didn't even have any other content during this point how did you miss It?
In post 4443, Taly wrote:Fire isn't in your readslist either, so I can't evaluate how your pair has communicated outside of that you both are (jokingly?) wanting to suicide.
This is no joke. I had him as null but now Scum.
In post 4443, Taly wrote:Also this, why ask Nancy for where she wants you to vote when you're not townreading them?
Again you are refusing to read what I am saying and I feel its intentional.
I have made it clear this was pre dance reads and that I am unsure on Nancy now.
However, if I think Scum I want to discuss with her opinions to learn the motives and see if I'm wrong.
People who don't interact with their Scum reads aren't trying to sort Scum in my opinion.
And I proved I do this with my interaction with Ank when I Scum read her.

Im not sure what this matters because I'm leaving the dance shortly.

Nice one trying to twist everything I said though and ignoring the main comments I'm making.
I claim scum \o/
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4333, Gamma Emerald wrote:Thanks
Btw I wrote this out in my PT with Pvt expecting to have some work to do on it and not wanting to post too much in the main thread with my ramblings but I think this is a good base so my reads rn are

Locktown
Pvt
Taly

Townreads
Krazy
Vedith

Weaker townreads
Nancy
Dann

Shades of null
Pink Ball
Something_Smart
Firebringer

Suspicious person
Moment

My top scumreads
Dr. Worm
DoubtingThomas
TheBrie

FYI each set IS ordered by towniest at the top except weaker townreads, which is ordered by recency because recency affects my confidence there.
@Vedith
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4468, Vedith wrote:
In post 4443, Taly wrote:I see more than 3 colors here. You didn't label or specify what each color meant.
Common sense would suggest that orange isn't null like yellow though.
Im sure you have been in enough games where people use the term town lean and Scum lean.
In post 4443, Taly wrote:1) So what does orange and yellow mean in terms of your read? Dr. W is the same color as Krazy, so is he null too?
2) I don't follow your townread on me because a big portion of the stated reason behind it in this game is on meta, and we haven't played before.
3) Nancy/Dann are scum for you I'm guessing since they're red? But you're not pushing that? Nor the DT/TheBrie scumread?
1 - I already stated this
2 - when do I say because of meta? Why are you making up reasons here?
3 - I've already said about this.
I am unsure to why you are acting dumb in this situation?
In post 4443, Taly wrote:I also don't follow because the last time you gave reads - Nancy was at the top. 489. I know this was awhile ago, but you gave no indication on how this changed... aside from maybe RC/Ank's NK?
Given that I requested Nancy dances with Krazy or Dann would be the indication that my opinion changed? I also said that my reads had changed more than once pre dance.
I didn't even have any other content during this point how did you miss It?
In post 4443, Taly wrote:Fire isn't in your readslist either, so I can't evaluate how your pair has communicated outside of that you both are (jokingly?) wanting to suicide.
This is no joke. I had him as null but now Scum.
In post 4443, Taly wrote:Also this, why ask Nancy for where she wants you to vote when you're not townreading them?
Again you are refusing to read what I am saying and I feel its intentional.
I have made it clear this was pre dance reads and that I am unsure on Nancy now.
However, if I think Scum I want to discuss with her opinions to learn the motives and see if I'm wrong.
People who don't interact with their Scum reads aren't trying to sort Scum in my opinion.
And I proved I do this with my interaction with Ank when I Scum read her.

Im not sure what this matters because I'm leaving the dance shortly.

Nice one trying to twist everything I said though and ignoring the main comments I'm making.
I can’t advise you on who to vote for, when I am still trying to decide that myself. I’m probably going to sheep my strongest townreads that I seem to be mindmelding the most with, on reads.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4471 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 4469, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Vedith
Overall I think we're onto some sort of same page. just I'm left handed and you're right handed.
I claim scum \o/
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4472 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4471, Vedith wrote:
In post 4469, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Vedith
Overall I think we're onto some sort of same page. just I'm left handed and you're right handed.
Okay, Vedith, Gamma, why is Worm scum?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4473 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Vedith »

In post 4472, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Okay, Vedith, Gamma, why is Worm scum?
Again, worm is null.
I didn't say we have the exact reads. But Worm should be considered a lynch to anyone not town reading PB because worm is playing in character and character only.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4474 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Vedith »

I just got in and going to write my post.
Anything people want to add?
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”