Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Morality »

@RP - it was just the fact he pushed me at all for basically one post I made that I pointed out that, like A50, I too had the thought of not posting in the channels I am in.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Spike and Jet »

@yuki
if drixx died for more than his counterclaim
why do you think thats for his flashwagon rather than his sr on mastina?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1298, Near x Mello wrote:mastina's reads are pretty good but far from flawless. She is prone to tunneling.
Yes to the first, no to the second. I firmly believe that I've got the right six as my poe pool, half being scum--but I do fully admit that the half I'm naming as scum may not exclusively be it.
In post 1278, Near x Mello wrote:My other disagreements with your readlist are Dunn, who should be way higher as this is town Dunn, and Joan, who is another spewed town by both her vote and the way SSBF pushed her
Joan's already high? Can't make her be too much higher than she is, because I hold enough respect for her effort to improve and talent as scum. (That said, her recent posts do look like town-her.)

Dunnstral is probably a little low, yes, and I know the meta just as well as you do, I'm just not putting much blind faith in it. I
want
to, but I can't.
In post 1286, Near x Mello wrote:its my weakest townread but i feel like hes trying to do things and also some interactions with vedith feel weird if scum/scum
Actually those same interactions contribute to my scumread. Plus "trying to do things" is far from a towntell from Cerb. If anything, the opposite.
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 108, Dunnstral wrote:Emperor's new groove is not an anime
Lol, I literally just saw this. I meant this account Dunn. :lol:

Speaking of Dunn, are people town reading him based on meta? I know for a fact Dunnstral can mimic the majority of his town game, and the part that I don’t feel he can mimic hasn’t come across this game.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by Spike and Jet »

there are a couple things ive given him minor town pts for, dont have him as a townread
other slots im more interested in atm
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1319, Toogeloo wrote:Lets not overlook the fact that mastina basically thinks the entirety of the scum team exists in Channel 5. Yep, that's good scum hunting right thar.
Neighborhoods are, explicitly, tied to character flavor--something picked prior to the game's start.
Alignments were rolled randomly.

If the players who rolled scum mostly/all had similar flavor, why wouldn't they be together in a neighborhood?
In post 1322, Toogeloo wrote:I mean, I just want to understand correctly here. She thinks that, I as scum Day 1 I outed the entire Channel 5 which consists mostly of scum. Seems smart.
As just discussed, neighborhood membership is not alignment indicative, and your neighborhood does contain at least one town player. (And realistically, yes, I realize, probably more than one.) Outing neighborhoods is a move that can be done for the towncred, as a move which seems like it would be townread for. Same, really, for you claiming your role as you have. Nothing about the move makes it town.

Also, if most of the scum are in one 'hood, and limited to others.

Who benefits more from claiming the 'hoods?

As a hypothetical here.

If scum are entirely out of at least one or two neighborhoods, they are in the dark about memberships and whatnot.

So they would want to...not be in the dark anymore. Claiming THEIR OWN hood is a way to facilitate the idea of OTHERS claiming their neighborhood, so there's some scum motivation there as well.
In post 1300, Near x Mello wrote:and you're talking to someone who was tunneled by town mastina for a whole game while town
Not the whole game; I came around to townreading your replacement.
In post 1303, Pink Ball wrote:She was wrong about me on D1, I know that for a fact. Why should I trust her
Because that push wasn't me pushing you as scum?

I pushed you to get a townread on you, more or less, and also to generate a more accurate view of the game--Vedith, for instance, took a nosedive towncred-wise when he insisted our bout was TvT in the way he did, as I pointed out in our neighborhood (Torque can confirm we debated this) and also in-thread. Can point to my hints if you'd like, which're there for you to see in hindsight. Aside from the message to the mod, I left subtle evidence of this fact present.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 1417, Morality wrote:In OK2, you did the same thing to me, where you had me in your scum pile, but low on it. You were scum there. I feel like you’re setting me up for something, not necessarily a mislynch, but that would be fine too. Hmm.
this feels like a weak excuse. comment on my actual play if you want to pretend youre scumreading me

~Near
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

mastina, what do YOU make of Joan's insistence you're "always right"?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 1430, mastina wrote:Not the whole game; I came around to townreading your replacement.
exactly, meaning you tunnel on people and I had to be replaced in order for you to come around. and you're doing it here too.

~Near
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1431, Near x Mello wrote:
In post 1417, Morality wrote:In OK2, you did the same thing to me, where you had me in your scum pile, but low on it. You were scum there. I feel like you’re setting me up for something, not necessarily a mislynch, but that would be fine too. Hmm.
this feels like a weak excuse. comment on my actual play if you want to pretend youre scumreading me

~Near
I clearly stated I didn’t have any strong scum reads. It was a bait. I wanted to see if you’d shade me for it. If I were actually Kira, I mean, if I were actually scum, there’d be no reason not to construct a much stronger case and call you scum for it. I only said that sentence because I wanted to make the Kira reference.

How is it an excuse? It’s merely an observation. You didn’t do it when you were town in YGM. None of the reasons I have on my bottom four were strong. That’s why i stated I didn’t have any strong scum reads. Why was it necessary for the amount of shade in the post you made?

FL

Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

because i dislike how *you* are shading me

~Near
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Morality »

Just because a reasoning might not be correct, doesn’t mean it’s a bad or weak reasoning. I have literally just explained I don’t read people off of one action, and I only stated the one observation of mine for you. That seemed rather defensive of you.

FL

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You wanted to see if he'd shade you for acting scummy on purpose?
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1435, Near x Mello wrote:because i dislike how *you* are shading me

~Near
It was simply an observation. Wasn’t meant to be strong nor weak, just as is.

FL

Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Spike and Jet »

can we stop talking about the channels now, scum flipped a role that literally gets extra powers based on flavour
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1338, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:she was 1) wrong on vedith(not enough strength in her suspicion of the slot to give her any credit)
Funny story that, went into this in the neighborhood in great detail. I both was, and was not, wrong on Vedith.

I was not expecting him to flip scum; I was wrong.
I was expecting him to be the lynch candidate with the
highest chance
of flipping scum; I was right, he had a much higher chance of flipping scum than Drixx, Pink Ball, or Gamma (among others) did.

The full rambles on the subject is in the neighborhood and isn't really game relevant tho (if it was I'd have brought it up), so best not to focus on it since it'd be more of a distraction.

I will say, however, that I fully, genuinely, believe that the Vedith flip pretty much solves the game by giving us the amount of info it did.

I've already conceded that the three players I'm scumreading might not all be scum, but I still think we should lynch in the pool of six regardless with my scumreads as the preferred ones, because I think that my scumread pool has at least one scum minimum (even if it's not all three). Toogeloo has an easily-tested mortality claim (if he lives to see D3, he is auto-lynched), leaving five others for today. That is either a 2/5 chance of hitting scum or a 3/5 chance at hitting scum (depending on if Toogeloo is town or scum).

Who it is isn't actually that important; my Reasonably Psychotic vote is mostly just personal preference at this point off of my scumread there.
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1437, Dunnstral wrote:You wanted to see if he'd shade you for acting scummy on purpose?
Yes. I do well in direct interactions with people, and it helps me both get into games, and helps with my reads.

I’m doing the same with that entire tier list, as that’s my equivalent of the hot seat, and my priority for reading right now. “You saying that makes it pointless.” Nah, it’ll still do the trick.

FL

Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

yeah scumread on morality increases

he does these crazy stuff as scum.

~Near
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1431, Near x Mello wrote:

~Near
Piggybacking on this, what do you mean your actual play? That is part of your play this game. Everything else this far you could easily do as scum or town, and I feel you’d agree with that, so what about your play this game is there to comment on? It’s not like I’m afraid to push people when I’m scum; I’m an extremely bold scum player.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1442, Near x Mello wrote:yeah scumread on morality increases

~Near
What exactly “crazy” stuff have I done this game? I personally feel that I am incredibly tame.

Also, @Gamma - would you say I do crazier stuff as town or scum?

FL

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1444, Morality wrote:

~Near
What exactly “crazy” stuff have I done this game? I personally feel that I am incredibly tame.

I don't really have a perfect memory of which games you've been in with me rn or what you did in them tbh due to large sample size
Spur my brain along here?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1445, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1444, Morality wrote:

~Near

I don't really have a perfect memory of which games you've been in with me rn or what you did in them tbh due to large sample size
Spur my brain along here?
I was just asking relatively. I don’t personally know the answer to the question, but I’d say I play crazier as town than scum. The mason claim, the fake SK as weak vig, my countless fake watcher claim gambits.

For the most part, they’re all actually obviously gambits, and strictly for the reactions. :lol:

FL

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1351, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:mastina LITERALLY stated she would rather lose with Drixx and I than lose TO us, which is essentially the purest expression of ego over victory I've ever seen.
That was not ego, that was a gesture of respect, the opposite of ego. I said that because of how WELL you played, that I would deserve the blame if wrong and you wouldn't deserve the blame, basically. (Ego = "if I'm right, I get credit; if I'm wrong, not my fault", that was "If I'm wrong, it's my fault".)
In post 1366, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Are we allowed to agree with Mastina about things without sheeping her
Depends on the degree with which you're agreeing. :P

Not agreeing with the scumreads but agreeing with the general poe for instance, totally fine!
Not having those exact six but having an almost identical pool of similar players, also fine!

In fact, those are the types of conversations that are
best
to have. My poe pool I don't think has any flaws in it, but I'm not infallible so it could be; would be happy to discuss any of the reads in OR out of it. (The ones out are easier tho.) Thus my offer to challenge me on any of those reads and explain them. Took the offer up on Elena; more than happy to continue with anyone else.
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Morality »

Moral(ity) of the story is I’m just crazy by personality.

Sure, I do crazy things as scum, but I also do them as town.

But yeah, I don’t think I’ve done anything crazy this game.

FL

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1439, Spike and Jet wrote:can we stop talking about the channels now, scum flipped a role that literally gets extra powers based on flavour
My role gets extra powers based on flavor as well - I'm town

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”