Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #0) » Tue May 03, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

This game is addictive

help

EDIT:
wtf is with the second floor of the dormitory? I'm in chapter 5 and it's STILL blocked off
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #1) » Tue May 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yeah just completed the game. It makes sense now.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Tue May 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I guess I'll follow the trend and make one of these while I'm here:

Spoiler: character rankings/DR1
S Tier:
Celeste
Kyoko
Sayaka
Sakura

A Tier:
Aoi
Mondo
Chihiro

B Tier:
Byakuya
Kiyotaka
Mukuro
Junko
Makoto

C Tier:
Toko/Genocide Jack
Yasuhiro
Leon
Hifumi
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Tue May 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Ok, finished Dangan Ronpa 2
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Ankamius »

Where even is the spinoff game?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Mon May 30, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

In case anyone wants another story like the two games. It's one of the better fanfics I've ever read in my life.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nope.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: Future First Episode
That first kill was actually really smart. There's going to be a lot of discord starting out this killing game and the one person who is the most likely to mute the effects of it being out of the way before people are aware of what's going on is only going to make it worse.

I expect the next few kills will be people not directly involved in the tension that is about to happen or people who are keeping it from getting worse. I don't really expect the people most likely to be able to figure it out are high priority targets for a while since they'll all be distracted with each other.

The death reveal scene was fantastic, too. I have very high hopes for this arc after seeing this.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Likely so from what I can tell. I'm going in without knowing anything about it, though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: Future Second Episode
I like the idea of the forbidden actions; I think the farmer's action was incredibly bullshit, though. If I was him, I would've booked it after finding out what it was.

Makoto's makes sense. It's probably designed to make it easier for people to off him early since he's one of the easiest to suspect early on, but I have a feeling it'll be extremely inconvenient for another reason later on in the arc.

I don't expect the traitor is Makoto, Gozu, or Miaya, but the fact that Asahina was the one killed will break up that group all the same.

Juzo's time alive is going to be short. Kyoko is probably going to live to about halfway, but will be killed to further the conflict between Makoto and Munakata later on. I wouldn't be surprised if her forbidden action heavily neutered her ability to effectively investigate what's going on, either. :/
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: Despair Third Episode
I'm liking the odds of Nanami Chiaki resisting Junko's influence rather than dying to avoid becoming one of the remnants of despair after this episode.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
Yep. Sayaka became S because she was a complex character who's entire arc was compelling; her motivations, her feelings, and what was suspected to be the direct reasons for her actions.

Toko was just an annoying kid who became really interesting right after her secret became known, only to become even less interesting than before after she became nothing but memes. Fangirling over another character and doing very little beyond that is not a compelling character.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 95, Accountant wrote:
In post 93, Ankamius wrote:
Spoiler:
Yep. Sayaka became S because she was a complex character who's entire arc was compelling; her motivations, her feelings, and what was suspected to be the direct reasons for her actions.

Toko was just an annoying kid who became really interesting right after her secret became known, only to become even less interesting than before after she became nothing but memes. Fangirling over another character and doing very little beyond that is not a compelling character.
Spoiler:
I didn't feel that Sayaka was a complex character. She only had one motive, which was to secure the future of her pop group. That she decided to throw a bone to Makoto when she was dying doesn't change that. Her plan was also not very smart.
Spoiler:
She had a goal, which was to get out of the school to see whether her group really had fallen apart and to try to see if her dream was salvageable.

She saw an opportunity in Makoto as she had already wrapped him around her little finger. She also saw an opportunity in Leon, who would be very easy to manipulate into her own ends (which is very easy to see once you have even one event in his free time events).

It's very difficult to tell when she started thinking of the plot to kill Leon in Makoto's room, but it's clear that she's much more clever than she lets on since it was being put into motion very shortly after she watched her own DVD (which is evidenced by the fact that she specifically asked Makoto to be on her side no matter what).

However, the fact that she was so deeply affected by the DVD made her execution of the plan more spotty than it otherwise would have. It's very likely in my eyes that she rushed her plan to kill Leon once he was inside Makoto's room due to that mental stress, which allowed him enough time to turn the tables on her. This is pure speculation based on what ended up happening and Kyoko's words to Makoto about her likely motivations, but I also believe that she goaded Leon into killing her sometime after her wrist got broken; likely both because of guilt for betraying Makoto taking over and because of regret for the betrayal (even if only because if Leon had simply left, everyone would know her true colors and never trust her again). If this is the case, then her being killed and leaving the conclusive clue leading to Leon's demise would have been premeditated before Leon ever got into the bathroom.

So tl;dr, the main reason I think Sayaka is a strong character is because she was intelligent enough to be able to manipulate two people she had acquired good reads on already (and she HAS proven she can read Makoto; I strongly doubt Leon is much more difficult to read), but her motivations damaged her mental state enough that it turned out in a way that she didn't anticipate. My interpretation of how the incident progressed follows the same pattern based on how her personality showed through, but even without it, there's enough evidence here to show her complexity in this situation.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: DRF9 spoilers
I think Mitarai knew Kirigiri's forbidden action all along.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
He doesn't have a bracelet, so it would be really weird to count him.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:08 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: DR3 Future 11
Interesting.

I'm really glad we got a whole bunch of explanations in this episode. I would've tilted off the face of the planet if we got a fuckton of fluff.

I still really want to know what Mitarai's forbidden action was, though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: Future 11
My guess for what's 'going on' with the text message is that Mitarai's NG code was turning on his phone; Tengan had sent whatever is within that text during the first lights out and is still legitimately dead.

It would explain quite a lot if it's assumed that he figured out how the deaths happened fairly early on and had a way of combating it on his phone. He's been feeling a lot of guilt throughout the series and it would make a lot of sense if it was a situation of he could prevent others from dying at the cost of his own life, but he's allowing those deaths to happen needlessly.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler:
The fact that Kirigiri actually survived in the end is one of the biggest copouts I've ever seen.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Ankamius »

That question is answered, NM.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

Spoiler: dr3
The problem with Kirigiri surviving is less that she survived in of itself and more that they just shoehorned it into the last two minutes of the entire show. It doesn't really help that Mikan specifically 'revived' her. Just the entire way it was portrayed made it really difficult to believe and there were definitely much more elegant ways to go about it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Everything is explained soon.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

The second game has the best character bar none, though.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Ankamius »

idk whether this is scary or hilarious
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

DR2 and V3 had higher quality mysteries but the way they tied into each other and the main story was done the best in the first game imo

And yes, holy shit DR1 was beyond handholdy, it was outright insulting at times.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I actually forgot Mahiru was a character before she died...

The early parts of DR2 are definitely harder to deal with character wise lol

DR2 spoiler

Return to “The Arcade”