Dangan Ronpa

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Dangan Ronpa

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Just purchased Dangan Ronpa 2 today. Any other fans of this series and/or people playing this game?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
1. Kyoko
2. Genocide Jack

3. Celeste
4. Junko
5. Sakura
6. Mondo
7. Hina
8. Hifumi
9. Sayaka
10. Toko
11. Chihiro
12. Byakuya
13. Leon
14. Makoto
15. Taka
16. Hiro
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Makoto is borestrocity, Hajime ismuch better, DR2 and in general and the characters are a lot better.

The next trial is pretty garbled but I think that's the only part of the game I'm not crazy on
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Trial rankings

Spoiler: DR1
Trial 6
Trial 4
Trial 2
Trial 1
Trial 3
Trial 5

Spoiler: DR2
Trial 5
Trial 4
Trial 1
Trial 6
Trial 2
Trial 3
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

If you don't think Hiro was the worst character then you're just wrong. Sorry, no offence, but it's true.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #126 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
Watching the anime now, on to episode 2 of the despair arc, why is Chiaki there? Do they answer that or did they just retcon her being an AI?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #137 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

So I'm watching the dub and can't find anything past ep8 of either arc, anyone have links to the further eps?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #144 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

DR2 is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better get on it now
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #150 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Just finished v3 yesterday, anyone else been playing?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
It was probably my favourite of the 3 main games, I might change my mind once the initial buzz wears off but I don't think so

Chapter ranking

Chapter 5 is probably my favourite across all 3 games, I loved Kokichi as the student pseudo-villain and the idea of outsmarting Monokuma.

Chapter 4 I really enjoyed the virtual world and the goofiness of the murder weapon.

Chapter 1, I literally went into the game expecting a protagonist as culprit twist cos it's exactly the kind of thing these games do but even though I was expecting it I still enjoyed it and thought it was good mystery overall.

Chapter 2 Another decent if easy enough to figure out mystery with a likeable victim and culprit

Chapter 6 I agree the ending dragged on, but I enjoyed the tongue in cheek meta twist

Chapter 3 Chapter 3 is pretty meh in every game, obvious villain who I had 0 attachment to with a dumb backstory, Tenko dying for literally no reason was annoying, should have been Himiko
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #156 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 155, xyzzy wrote:I still haven't beaten
Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
, and part of the reason for that is that I find the gameplay of it incredibly unenjoyable, and I bought
V3
since it's on sale. also, I still haven't gotten around to watching the anime sequel. is there any compelling reason for me to finish either of those tasks before I play this one?
No
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #157 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

And play v3 first, might as well finish a series before starting a new one
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #175 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I think she's a natural blonde and dyed both
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #379 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Me too thanks
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #389 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Yes
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #433 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 432, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 431, Parama wrote:Case 2 was interesting for me in this game because it's one of the few times I figured out basically everything during the investigation, including the killer
Spoiler:
How did you figure out the killer, the scrap of cloth? I thought it could be from the victim.
Spoiler:
Like Parama this is the case that stands out to me as having worked out every aspect of the case before the trial, for me it was the marks on the window frame at the gym and the tennis net wire, everything from there was a domino effect.

I think the only thing I hadn't worked out was the rope trick Gonta explained
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #474 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What is narmy?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #497 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Annadog is correct
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #504 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Can we all agree Makoto is by far the worst protagonist?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #532 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 528, Sudo_Nym wrote:I finished DR1, and Junko was a real trip.
Character rankings. Go!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #535 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 534, Kokichi Oma wrote:DR2 is the best game if i'm being unbiased.

DRV3 has the best character though.
Miu is indeed the series' best character
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #537 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Michelin star gourmet hot take*
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #541 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 539, Sudo_Nym wrote:The new version of Hangman's Gambit fucking sucks.
But it's improved
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #546 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 545, Sudo_Nym wrote:I just finished the Chapter 1 trial, yeah.
Chapter by chapter character rankings or death
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #558 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Do you like Nagito yet?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #563 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oh sorry Mr. I’m perfectly calm and collected whenever I find
my
friend’s dead bodies

Return to “The Arcade”