False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

Post by mastina »

Okay, so as I was driving home, I remembered a really, really important fact about Morality: Morality has described my scumplay as being similar to his own, a conclusion I don't disagree with. So when I tell you that Morality's scumplay is similar to my own, I say so with the understanding that those words aren't mine--they're HIS.

He described me as "untouchable scum"--the very thing he is trying to be this game. His play is incredibly political, pushing a scum agenda while hitting the right marks to come off as a townie. He is trying to get a mislynch that can keep the game open and flow with scum, when it was previously via Vedith's lynch closed off to them.

He's doing things which superficially
should
be town, but which are just that: superficial. He is a good scum player; looking good without actually being good. He is also relying on his role to survive--a tactic he proscribed to being something he'd think me (the player similar to him in his eyes) would do as scum. Specifically, having people write him off as "oh, he'll be nightkilled by the scum, so they'll sort it out" is the attitude he WANTS people to have of him.

He is waiting for people's reactions before he acts out--something he attributed to my scumgame, which he confessed was similar to his own. He is baiting people, but not in a town way. He does think himself as the team heavy, by the way, so he wouldn't be likely to be bussed, but that's not part of my case, really. What's indirectly linked to this is that he will aim, hard, to pocket people--particularly in neighborhoods.

He also doesn't bus often--guess what Morality WASN'T doing on D1? He wasn't voting Vedith. Quite the opposite, he voted Vedith's counterwagon.

Plus, there's another fact, not said by him but which is backed by the testament that we're similar: he is being a cheeky scumfuck, by telling us in plain sight what he is doing, but by hiding it and pretending he is doing something else--with the pretend being his narrative.

His internally consistent narrative, the thing he is pretending to be, is what he is trying to sell, even though he let it be known publicly what he is really doing. Because, again, internally consistent narrative != fact; internally consistent narrative != truth.
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Morality »

Yeah, but I’m town.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Near x Mello »

but wouldnt you say you are town even if you arent

~Near
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Morality »

In post 1655, Near x Mello wrote:but wouldnt you say you are town even if you arent

~Near
I mean, sure. But I don’t think I’m playing like ScumMastina at all right now or that i’m Very planned out. I was doing stuff, but I didn’t have plan.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Near x Mello »

also that last mastina post makes me once more pretty sure she is town

~Near
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:57 am

Post by Near x Mello »

but you said yourself that you baited me in order to make certain things happen

isnt that a plan

~Near
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 1652, Chito and Yuuri wrote:
In post 1650, Joan of Arc wrote:For the Homies

Chito: ... did you really just hardclaim homies-alignment

you do understand the meme right
No, I claimed being part of Channel 1, aka my Homies.
Alt of Plumber
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Clemency »

homie squad
rise up
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

is that the channel morality has taken over

~Near
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 1651, Near x Mello wrote:you should totally stick to marathons

~Near
Nice suggestion, here is my counter-offer

p=edit: We're all good masons together. In fact, you can call us......Crystal Gems.

Alt of Plumber
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

Well I'm going to get to this tomorrow. Have quite a bit to say, but my brain can't put it together
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

i expected to see a vote on me when i saw elena posted

~Near
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Torque »

Mastina, hold off on Morality. Let me check with my informant.

And I thought you didn't fully agree with my analysis
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1665, Torque wrote:And I thought you didn't fully agree with my analysis
I didn't, at the time.

Then the gamestate changed.

I looked at my scum pool and realized that there wasn't a probable scumteam including Near x Mello. (Heck even if you dip into names outside of my scum poe pool--there isn't a probable scumteam I can think of. Who are Near x Mello's scumbuddies? I can't think of a coherent team that makes sense.)

Morality showed his hand, when previously it was hidden, telling me he was scum.

The developing divide on the subject of Toogeloo along with posting around Reasonably Psychotic made me think that while one of those two was probably still scum, it was incredibly doubtful both were.

Realizing that Robert was in a more suspicious spot than I had previously assumed him to be.

A bunch of little things adding up told me that while I was in fact on the right track with my poe, I got the combo wrong when I had my three scum as Near/Mello, Reasonably Psychotic, and Toogeloo. That two of the scum were Morality and Robert, with the third in my original three scumreads, with the least likely as Near x Mello and most likely as Toogeloo.

And yes, I do think the solve is exactly that. Morality-Toogeloo-Robert.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1666, mastina wrote:(Heck even if you dip into names outside of my scum poe pool--there isn't a probable scumteam I can think of. Who are Near x Mello's scumbuddies? I can't think of a coherent team that makes sense.)
(Incidentally, Wisdom, if I recall correctly, THIS was the deciding factor in why I eventually townread your slot in the game you replaced out of; I couldn't find a single scumteam which made sense that included Mathblade. It is a ridiculously strong and effective tool.)
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

@mastina
In post 1649, Joan of Arc wrote: p=edit: We're all good masons together.
Alt of Plumber
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 1668, Joan of Arc wrote:@mastina
In post 1649, Joan of Arc wrote: p=edit: We're all good masons together.
Or we're as close to it as you can get - in a SU2 fashion. You get what I am saying?
Alt of Plumber
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1656, Morality wrote:I don’t think I’m playing like ScumMastina at all right now or that i’m Very planned out. I was doing stuff, but I didn’t have plan.
Also, to address this: similar != identical to. I've already begun to outline (if not in here then in the neighborhood if nowhere else) where our scumgames diverge from one another; there's critical points they DO overlap in, but they also diverge at specific key points.

And I am trying to outline not only where they are similar but also where they are different and what this means overall.

You have already shown you were very planned out, and by your own confession, doing stuff = scum from you whereas trying stuff = town from you.

The difference between the two is that trying things = throwing shit onto the wall to see what sticks. A common, but apt, metaphor; you try multiple things, from multiple angles, to see whatever might hold merit. That is your townplay; that has been utterly absent this entire game.

Doing things = maneuvering, more or less. Setting up a plan. Doing things is setting the groundwork for future moves. And what was this, pray tell, if not exactly that?
In post 1556, Morality wrote:The thing is, I literally have a role that can secure townies from living, take out scum in the process (starting night 2 anyways), and I have a Loud modifier, which eventually can be confirmed.

Mastina and Wisdom are two players who know mechanically what’s the correct play, and Mastina is going on a personal tone level without thinking, so their logic is incredibly flawed, and I’ve been baiting Wisdom for pages now.
In post 1571, Morality wrote:I’m confirmable through my Loud role as time goes on.

I’m okay with that not to be trusted, but I am not today’s lynch. You best be looking for who else you find scummy to try and mislynch.
In post 1545, Morality wrote:I made my Hokage Naruto reference because I’m a character like that, and I’ll show you when I become Hokage.

That’s not my role, but it’s a solid parallel. I’ve already claimed in my channel. If you still want to push me, this is going to be an extremely over the top game. My channel and I have already pretty much nearly full claimed to each other. I can protect my channel and take out scum in the process.

I’m not going to say how, but I will take out a scum alongside me when my demise eventually comes.
You set up your claim with the Hokage/Naruto reference. You claimed in your channel. You have the protection of your channel. You have set up a long-term plan. Manipulative. The hallmark of your scumgame.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1669, Joan of Arc wrote:
In post 1649, Joan of Arc wrote:p=edit: We're all good masons together.
Or we're as close to it as you can get - in a SU2 fashion. You get what I am saying?
Frankly, yes, I just don't believe it, sorry. There isn't a 3p claim in the world which can make me think Morality is anything other than scum this game. There isn't any information that was shared exclusively in that 'hood that could make me think Morality is anything other than scum this game. If you have people who are conftown to each other, who have information pointing out that someone is town, whatever, and it was shared with Morality and you think he's town because you shared that info and scum didn't react to it.

Well remember what Reasonably Rational did with the information you divulged in SU2? Did they immediately obliterate the crystal gem faction, or did they milk you for everything you were worth?

It was the latter; Morality's no different in this regard.
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 1671, mastina wrote:
In post 1669, Joan of Arc wrote:
In post 1649, Joan of Arc wrote:p=edit: We're all good masons together.
Frankly, yes, I just don't believe it, sorry. There isn't a 3p claim in the world which can make me think Morality is anything other than scum this game. There isn't any information that was shared exclusively in that 'hood that could make me think Morality is anything other than scum this game. If you have people who are conftown to each other, who have information pointing out that someone is town, whatever, and it was shared with Morality and you think he's town because you shared that info and scum didn't react to it.

Well remember what Reasonably Rational did with the information you divulged in SU2? Did they immediately obliterate the crystal gem faction, or did they milk you for everything you were worth?

It was the latter; Morality's no different in this regard.
They did immediately try to obliterate us by shooting Klingon, though?

And do you really think I don't know that? I have been staunchly doubting every hood I've been in since then. If I had any reason to doubt him, I wouldn't say what I've said.
Alt of Plumber
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Can I not vote for mastina 'cause I think she's town but at the same time be happy about her being wagoned? Is that a legit feeling?
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Joan of Arc »

If you look at all my games since SU2, you'll see that I doubted the hell out of my hood-mates, every single time.
Alt of Plumber

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”