callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #641 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:51 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 620, northsidegal wrote:nice game!

i'm happy with how the setup seemed to go, if anyone has any thoughts i'd love to hear them. i especially like how the early paroling of slaxx actually did end up being super relevant come the end of the game.

it also does actually look like the optimal strategy is to keep the parole list somewhat small. any thoughts on that / other strategy things? seems like implosion had some ideas
Scum performing the kill leaks information (about whether the killer was on the parole list or not), but it's not a lot of leaked information. Once scum is on the list, they should probably start using a killer who's on the list consistently starting from some random point in the game (to make it hard to work out when scum was added on the list).

The exception is when there's only one scum left, as you can pin down their parole status precisely. This is particularly harsh on scum if the last scum is off the parole list, as you can add players one at a time and catch the last scum when their kills start being paroled. As such, the game has some similar properties to White Flag (although smart scum can just stop killing when there's only one left to avoid confirming half the town as town).

There's some tension in the setup, because paroling townies is probably optimal earlier in the game, and lynching from the parole list is probably optimal later in the game, but you clearly don't want to do both of those things at the same time.

My guess is that this is townsided purely based on the endgame situation + the fact that town has useful power roles. White Flag is somewhat scumsided, but adding a vig and a tracker and an extra VT to it is going to swing it well to the townsided end of things, and the fact that parole isn't as useful as full White Flag probably doesn't outweigh that.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Completed Marathon Games”