TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I'd only seen up to #4167 when i wrote that.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Oh, and my Day 3 Vig is confirmed. I shot Jingle. Ausuka (Jester) fake claimed a guilty on him, so I had to take one of them out.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by the worst »

I feel more confident on Purrc scum holistically but vonflare actually has roleblocker equity but also like

if the scumteam is goon + vig + fv + rb and I was the roleblocker I don't think I'd open day one by hardclaiming death miller. it's a policy lynch/vig roleclaim and like scum roleblockers are insanely strong

it could be a crazy wifom play by all means and I frankly have no idea how vonflare plays scum but it doesn't like... sit comfortably in my gut

pedit: yeah the fact you haven't been cc'd on the nightkills is ---rb equity for you as well. like there's a nonzero chance kokichi could be a dayvig nightroleblocker but that would be pretty stupid
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by the worst »

could I ask for a quick summary of your reads? tiered would be great if you do tiered reads
--
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4176, TheBrie wrote:Oh, and my Day 3 Vig is confirmed. I shot Jingle. Ausuka (Jester) fake claimed a guilty on him, so I had to take one of them out.
Why would you shoot Jingle? He was triple voter obvtown.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4177, the worst wrote:I feel more confident on Purrc scum holistically but vonflare actually has roleblocker equity but also like

if the scumteam is goon + vig + fv + rb and I was the roleblocker I don't think I'd open day one by hardclaiming death miller. it's a policy lynch/vig roleclaim and like scum roleblockers are insanely strong

it could be a crazy wifom play by all means and I frankly have no idea how vonflare plays scum but it doesn't like... sit comfortably in my gut

pedit: yeah the fact you haven't been cc'd on the nightkills is ---rb equity for you as well. like there's a nonzero chance kokichi could be a dayvig nightroleblocker but that would be pretty stupid
How many town dayvigs do you think there are in this setup? Cheeky - dead town dayvig and Kokichi is doubly confirmed both town - for being on scum!Dann wagon and dayvig. Dann - dead scum dayvig. So do you think, town has 3 or 2 dayvigs altogether? I know Wisdom thought she was SK, so I’m not anywhere close to townlocking her. She also didn’t vote scum!Single, who Wisdom thought was her partner and her vigging town!Xtoxm isn’t really a clear.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by the worst »

xyzzy being xyzzy, nothing would surprise me. But it's also much more likely that she's {town, sk} as opposed to a second mafia dayvig. Considering groupscum likely still have the numbers, we absolutely can't kill her until groupscum are dead.

I'm not saying that we need to treat her as lock cleared town forever. Just that for the purposes of today's solve she's strictly outside of the PoE. we finish off the mafia first, and if the game isn't over we lynch her last.
--
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4181, the worst wrote:xyzzy being xyzzy, nothing would surprise me. But it's also much more likely that she's {town, sk} as opposed to a second mafia dayvig. Considering groupscum likely still have the numbers, we absolutely can't kill her until groupscum are dead.

I'm not saying that we need to treat her as lock cleared town forever. Just that for the purposes of today's solve she's strictly outside of the PoE. we finish off the mafia first, and if the game isn't over we lynch her last.
I’m fine with that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 4179, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4176, TheBrie wrote:Oh, and my Day 3 Vig is confirmed. I shot Jingle. Ausuka (Jester) fake claimed a guilty on him, so I had to take one of them out.
Why would you shoot Jingle? He was triple voter obvtown.
Cause I'm a idiot who doesn't trust herself. Hadn't we already established that. And at the time i thought the fakeclaim felt too bold to be from scum. It wasn't from group scum, but now I'm not sure why I trusted so easily.

I've given reads before and i honestly haven't the time to write them out, because I'll want to add comments, and I've got real life deadlines.
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by the worst »

[rant]WHY DID NOBODY THINK TO FUCKING VIG THE FUCKING DEATH MILLER[/rant]
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 10, vonflare wrote:^death miller btw. I flip scum too
In post 867, vonflare wrote:
In post 865, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 864, Xtoxm wrote:can someone explains why a duplicate role means something in a 24p game
It’s very uncommon outside of FakeGod games, to have 2 town JKs in the same game.

This is a bastard game remember
In post 4135, vonflare wrote:how bastard has this game been so far? I haven't been paying attention.

Is there a possibility that I might actually be scum, but told in my role that I'm town?

I don't have any targeted actions tho, so i couldn't have roleblocked anyone
this actually isn't as bad as I remember it being but on first read the "how bastard has this game been?" thing pinged me heavily as a "does my claim make sense?" kind of thing but in hindsight I guess it kinda makes sense

it does sit weirdly with me that like vonflare... plays xyzzy setups... and knows they tend to go for elegant bastardry at most... but this probably isn't as scumclaimy as I thought
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 4169, the worst wrote:Kokichi Oma - just checked, confvig
Enter - commuter (can anyone verify via night actions?)
TheBrie - un-cc'd vig
light_ganski - vt
Purrcocet - confirmed fv
vonflare - claimed death miller
the worst - vt
Nancy Drew 39 - neighbour
the issue I have rn is I don't feel like the rb is in our PoE. it could be Enter if he's fakeclaiming or LG and other than that I don't really know who it's meant to be.

I think Purrc has the highest chance of flipping scum bluntly. but the other plan is we lynch into the high rb equity pool and fucking pray that we hit them.

just a reminder if we don't hit the roleblocker TB doesn't have a kill like 90% of the time which might put us into 2v1v2 tomorrow which is a probable town loss

I'm not sure this is a great idea but it's an option because I feel like the gamestate is a little bit smothering atm
--
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by TheBrie »

By elegant bastardry, you mean that it's unlikely Xyzzy is messing with us so much as Vonflare was suggesting?

That post there does ring true to me, which worries me a lot.
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by the worst »

basically I feel like

option A: lynch Purrc who is wolfy and probscum but a confirmed fv => tb shoots vonflare (probably fails regardless) => we're in... assuming purrc is groupscum we're most likely in 1v1v4 / 2v4 tomorrow which is workable. if Purrc is green town loses.

option B: flip vonflare and purrc in the above and proceed as before. ditto if vonflare is town (he still probably flips red) we lose - I prefer this less because of the chance of jesterhood and and the purrc lynch Just Feels Right to me

option C: we no lynch, TheBrie holsters tonight, we place our trousers on our head and decide who is most likely to be the roleblocker in f7

@Nancy/TB/Enter/Kokichi/TB I'm coming around to thinking it's just best to just follow plan A until 3/4p and if the game hasn't ended we deal with the possibility of a serial killer then. I'll vote Purrc in a few hours if I don't hear any objections.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 4187, TheBrie wrote:By elegant bastardry, you mean that it's unlikely Xyzzy is messing with us so much as Vonflare was suggesting?

That post there does ring true to me, which worries me a lot.
Yes - usually if xyzzy uses bastardry they include it in the advertisements for the game.

I'm thinking of Mafia Month which had an abnormal mechanic of suddenly ending after 30 days

Echo Bay Grits SEO where everyone was a dayvig

This Blitz Has a Cult In It where the title includes the bastard mechanic

MAFIA MARATHON: APOCALYPSE where the game ended at the end of the weekend

they don't seem to include bastard mechanics for the sake of it? the month 3 cop is pretty intuitive given the central mechanic of this game where the death miller is just kinda.... lolbastard. it doesn't really add to or effect the public mechanic.

Sorry I know this is waffly and it's such a bizarre fakeclaim if vonflare is actually faking it, it just doesn't feel right and I'm so mad it hasn't been vigged
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 421, xyzzy wrote:
Is it possible your game has any of the following: cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game? (Yes/No)
- by definition this game has direct moderator influence, because there's nothing stopping me from doing something like setting a very short deadline if I want a particular outcome to happen. as for everything else on this list, I won't rule out the possibility.
hlep
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Purrcocet
L-2

If this randomly somehow loses the game I accept absolutely no responsibility
--
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by light_ganski »

Yeah

We lynch purrc cos it's our most likely shot at hitting scum today

And we've gotta presume hitting town = game lost
A work in progress

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by light_ganski »

I'm not gambling on trying to find the rb a day earlier
A work in progress

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by the worst »

It seemed like a good idea in a moment of hysteria but realistically it's more of a "it would have been nice if one of the flipped scum was the rb" kinda thing
--
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Post by TheBrie »

A bird in the hand is worth a bigger bird in the bush. Or something like that.

[humour] You've got to take at least a tiny bit of the responsibility Duck. You'll be one fifth of the voting power. Which isn't the only reason it's happening. We can chuck some of the responsibility back at Purr, and a good bit at Wisdom, and probably some at other dead people but you are involved Duck. You take no responsibility if it goes wrong, you get no credit if it goes right. [/humour]

VOTE: Purrcocet
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:49 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Don't anyone hammer yet though. Enter indicated he was busy and hoped we'd not do much for a bit, and I think we should let him say something.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:59 pm

Post by TheBrie »

@Mod I'm going V/LA about 24 hours from now for four days.
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:19 am

Post by the worst »

:lol: I'll take that. I might need to humbly request 3% of the credit if it goes well. :P
--
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:26 am

Post by xyzzy »

you have reached the bottom of page 168.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”