Newbie Queue Changes: The IC Role

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Newbie Queue Changes: The IC Role

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:25 am

Post by PenguinPower »

After review of newbie feedback from a large sample of games and internal discussion with the team, I have made the decision to remove the Inexperienced-Challenged (IC) role from the Newbie queue. An additional SE role will take it's place, meaning that Newbie games will now have a minimum of 3 SE roles. Typically, the first post of an IC is an informative post explaining terms used on site and helpful tips (see here). This will be standardized and included by the moderator of the game in addition to the Newbie Setup post.

We do have a core group of ICs that dedicate their time to play in Newbie games for the benefit of the site. I appreciate their dedication, and hope they continue to play as SEs. At the end of the day, the best way for newbies to learn to play the game is to play, and our SEs already create a good environment for newbies to learn.

This change will take effect with Newbie 1917.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 9, Plotinus wrote:Will moderator feedback replace IC feedback or will more SEs do it postgame or just people do it if they feel like it?
Postgame feedback wasn't a consistent thing to begin with. If mods/SEs want to provide feedback to newbies they are more than able to, but it won't be compulsory.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 10, mhsmith0 wrote:Will there be increased accountability and consequences for SEs who are toxic, chronically replace out, refuse to be helpful, or do any number of other things we don’t want to see in newbie games?
SEs (or any player) who are creating a toxic environment/violating site rules should be reported via the site's report function so that it can be reviewed by the Listmod team. This will help ensure accountability. Likewise, SEs who consistently replace out/flat out refuse to be helpful should be reported directly to me for review. SEs are not under the same obligations as an IC, but they are still site representatives for newer players.

I'm not sure what the other number of things are, so I can't comment.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

As I said in the first post, there is a core group of ICs that have made it a point to play Newbies and focus on a good introduction to the site and provide an explanation of the play here. My hope is that they continue to do so as an SE.

I don't see the ability to contribute to the site as diminished by the removal of the role. Provide your feedback on play and site meta, provide end of game reviews - these are things you can still do. If an SE is going against site rules, is constantly flaking, or otherwise setting a bad example - report the post(s) or PM me directly.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »