mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2135 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by mastina »

Yo.
I will be making FULL use of the lack of deadline.
I can only read AT MOST 20 pages a day and may not be able to read every single day (for instance, today), but I WILL be able to play at a decent rate, given the requisite time.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2240 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 am

Post by mastina »

So my plan is to keep reading stuff after my replacement but to reread it with context as I go through my readthrough, so if you feel like I'm skipping something important, it's probably because I lack the context to properly evaluate it but I promise that I'll come back to it my second time through said content.
In post 2153, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ll be scrutinizing your read on me because you like to allege that you can read me.
And then I got that really really wrong and proved I could not.
In post 2184, TheBrie wrote:Yay, Mastina. (Do I know how to read Mastina from experience? Nope. Do I feel confident that Mastina couldn't trick me? Nope) But I like Mastina, liked the entrance, and I already had Theta as a town read.
(Do I feel confindent that no one could trick me? No, that would be stupid.)
:neutral: What'd you like about the fluffiest of fluffy entrances? My entrance was so full of fluff that it'd trigger animal allergies from all the excess mixing with air particles.
In post 2226, Xtoxm wrote:like i told you the ic is bullshit
hes done the exact same thing before, right down to claiming it can be roleblocked
could be a scum fakeclaim or a town fakeclaim
either way he'll need to be lynched
Which worked out so well the last time he was lynched. :roll:
My stance is actually the opposite--it is indeed most likely a fakeclaim, regardless of town or scum. But either way, he
shouldn't
be lynched.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2241 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:49 am

Post by mastina »

Spoiler: Junk-tier VCA
I'll be doing real VCA after a real readthrough but doesn't hurt to do this before then.
In post 450, xyzzy wrote:7 players voting for
Leodanny
(Purrcocet,
profii
, hebichan, Gamma Emerald, Wisdom,
CheekyTeeky
, Kokichi Oma)
2 players voting for Varsoon (sheepsaysmeep, Jaylow7)
2 players voting for Jaylow7 (Party Boat, Nancy Drew 39)
2 players voting for Gamma Emerald (TheBrie, Ausuka)
2 players voting for sheepsaysmeep (Vaxkiller, Varsoon)
1 player voting for Vaxkiller (Wagonomics)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (
Leodanny
)
7 players not voting (0verki11, singletonking,
Theta Alpine
, light_ganski, Xtoxm, Edosurist, vonflare)
If we're going by my old-school rule, that'd be a 14-player wagon and a 8-player counterwagon, with a much smaller 2-player other wagon.

In a 24-player game, with what I assume is a PR-heavy game, we can safely assume six scum.

I'd wager that the division would probably be about 4 split between the two 7s, and 2 split between the 2s. 'Course, that doesn't do me much good without a better ability to narrow it down.
In post 683, xyzzy wrote:7 players voting for
Leodanny
(
profii
, Wisdom,
CheekyTeeky
, Kokichi Oma, Party Boat, TheBrie, sheepsaysmeep)
3 players voting for sheepsaysmeep (Vaxkiller, Varsoon, Purrcocet)
2 players voting for Jaylow7 (hebichan, Nancy Drew 39)
2 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Ausuka,
Leodanny
)
1 player voting for Varsoon (Jaylow7)
8 players not voting (0verki11, singletonking,
Theta Alpine
, light_ganski, Xtoxm, Edosurist, vonflare, Gamma Emerald)
Since scum knew Leo was a mislynch, they could take whatever stance they wanted and were in no hurry to lynch him. I'd say the consistent pusher of him still alive--similarly to both the dead consistent pushers--would be more likely to be town. The people hopping off aren't necessarily scum, and neither are the people who hopped on, but I wouldn't call any of them town, either.
In post 868, xyzzy wrote:13 players voting for
Leodanny
(Wisdom, Kokichi Oma, TheBrie,
Theta Alpine
, sheepsaysmeep, Party Boat, Gamma Emerald,
CheekyTeeky
, Wagonomics, singletonking, hebichan, Nancy Drew 39, Varsoon)
Leodanny
)
2 players voting for Varsoon (Jaylow7, Vaxkiller)
1 player voting for sheepsaysmeep (Purrcocet)
6 players not voting (0verki11, light_ganski, Xtoxm, Edosurist, vonflare,
profii
)
I'd be flabbergasted if Not Voting had no scum; there's definitely at least one. I'd be a little surprised if it were three, though; my bet is on two.

Which would leave four scum elsewhere. In the 2/2/1 voters, I'd expect another scum, but probably not two.

On-wagon, then, you could have as many as 4 but more likely have 3.
Still doesn't really do me much good at this point, though. Garbage-tier VCA is garbage-tier. I don't have a frame of reference to significantly narrow down the pool of suspects from the VCA alone. The closest I have to an idea is basically an idea of where not to push, in the form of Wisdom being probtown.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2242 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2241, mastina wrote:
Spoiler: Junk-tier VCA
I'll be doing real VCA after a real readthrough but doesn't hurt to do this before then.
In post 450, xyzzy wrote:7 players voting for
Leodanny
(Purrcocet,
profii
, hebichan, Gamma Emerald, Wisdom,
CheekyTeeky
, Kokichi Oma)
2 players voting for Varsoon (sheepsaysmeep, Jaylow7)
2 players voting for Jaylow7 (Party Boat, Nancy Drew 39)
2 players voting for Gamma Emerald (TheBrie, Ausuka)
2 players voting for sheepsaysmeep (Vaxkiller, Varsoon)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (
Leodanny
)
7 players not voting (0verki11, singletonking,
Theta Alpine
, light_ganski, Xtoxm, Edosurist, vonflare)
If we're going by my old-school rule, that'd be a 14-player wagon and a 8-player counterwagon, with a much smaller 2-player other wagon.

In a 24-player game, with what I assume is a PR-heavy game, we can safely assume six scum.

I'd wager that the division would probably be about 4 split between the two 7s, and 2 split between the 2s. 'Course, that doesn't do me much good without a better ability to narrow it down.
In post 683, xyzzy wrote:7 players voting for
Leodanny
(
profii
, Wisdom,
CheekyTeeky
, Kokichi Oma, Party Boat, TheBrie, sheepsaysmeep)
3 players voting for sheepsaysmeep (Vaxkiller, Varsoon, Purrcocet)
2 players voting for Jaylow7 (hebichan, Nancy Drew 39)
Leodanny
)
1 player voting for Varsoon (Jaylow7)
8 players not voting (0verki11, singletonking,
Theta Alpine
, light_ganski, Xtoxm, Edosurist, vonflare, Gamma Emerald)
Since scum knew Leo was a mislynch, they could take whatever stance they wanted and were in no hurry to lynch him. I'd say the consistent pusher of him still alive--similarly to both the dead consistent pushers--would be more likely to be town. The people hopping off aren't necessarily scum, and neither are the people who hopped on, but I wouldn't call any of them town, either.
In post 868, xyzzy wrote:13 players voting for
Leodanny
(Wisdom, Kokichi Oma, TheBrie,
Theta Alpine
, sheepsaysmeep, Party Boat, Gamma Emerald,
CheekyTeeky
, Wagonomics, singletonking, hebichan, Nancy Drew 39, Varsoon)
Leodanny
)
2 players voting for Varsoon (Jaylow7, Vaxkiller)
1 player voting for sheepsaysmeep (Purrcocet)
6 players not voting (0verki11, light_ganski, Xtoxm, Edosurist, vonflare,
profii
)
I'd be flabbergasted if Not Voting had no scum; there's definitely at least one. I'd be a little surprised if it were three, though; my bet is on two.

Which would leave four scum elsewhere. In the 2/2/1 voters, I'd expect another scum, but probably not two.

On-wagon, then, you could have as many as 4 but more likely have 3.
Still doesn't really do me much good at this point, though. Garbage-tier VCA is garbage-tier. I don't have a frame of reference to significantly narrow down the pool of suspects from the VCA alone. The closest I have to an idea is basically an idea of where not to push, in the form of Wisdom being probtown.
To give a frame of reference:
Two scum in sheep, Jay/Saudade, Party Boat, Nancy, TheBrie, Ausuka, Vaxkiller, Varsoon/Flavor Leaf
Four scum in {Purrcocet, hebichan/Enter, Gamma Emerald, Wisdom, Kokichi Oma}, {0verki11/Trekkie, singletonking, light_ganski, Xtoxm, Edosurist/Jingle, vonflare}

Two scum in 0verki11/Trekkie, light_ganski, Xtoxm, Edosurist/Jingle, vonflare
One scum in Ausuka, Jay/Saudade, Vaxkiller, Purrcocet
Three scum in TheBrie, sheepsaysmeep, Party Boat, Gamma Emerald, Wagonomics, singletonking, hebichan/Enter, Nancy Drew 39, Varsoon/Flavor Leaf

Not much to go off of.
I'd probably sheep people on the Saudade suspicion right now, could maybe lynch Xtoxm, have some :igmeou: for TheBrie, and then would have three more in the pool of Trekkie, Light (not sure I want to sheep there unlike Saudade), Jingle, vonflare, sheep, Gamma, Wagonomics, singletonking, and Enter.

Which isn't much. A lynchpool of 3 + 9 players in a game with 21 players alive?
It needs to be, quite literally, half that size; the largest acceptable pool would be 9 but there's nobody on that list I've reason to eliminate right now (if I did I'd have done so already).

Also a lot of this already relies on assumption piled on assumption so any assumption wrong collapses the whole thing.

So like I said, trash-tier analysis, but it's what I'm going off of right now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2248 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1400, xyzzy wrote:Varsoon (light_ganski, sheepsaysmeep, vonflare, TheBrie, Party Boat, Purrcocet, singletonking, Trekkie99)
3 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Wisdom, Ausuka, Varsoon)
3 players voting for Jaylow7 (Wagonomics, Nancy Drew 39, Vaxkiller)
2 players voting for sheepsaysmeep (Xtoxm, Gamma Emerald)
1 player voting for Vaxkiller (Kokichi Oma)
4 players not voting (hebichan, Theta Alpine, Edosurist, Jaylow7)
I will say though that here, we're looking at what's most likely half-on, half-off in terms of scum. Wouldn't be able to name exact distribution on the half-off, nor name the scum on Varsoon, but that is not a towndriven wagon whatsoever, not even remotely. There's three scum there guaranteed. Could even be four, but I somewhat doubt they put all their eggs into that single basket.
In post 1763, xyzzy wrote:8 players voting for Flavor Leaf (light_ganski, sheepsaysmeep, vonflare, Party Boat, Nancy Drew 39, Wisdom, Gamma Emerald, Vaxkiller)
2 players voting for sheepsaysmeep (Xtoxm, Purrcocet)
1 player voting for Jaylow7 (Wagonomics)
1 player voting for Vaxkiller (Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for Xtoxm (Ausuka)
1 player voting for Gamma Emerald (Flavor Leaf)
7 players not voting (hebichan, Theta Alpine, Jingle, Jaylow7, Trekkie99, singletonking, TheBrie)
Similarly to yesterday, I wouldn't call the people who left or joined later town or scum, but the people who kept pushing I'd be more inclined to call town: light, sheep, vonflare, Party Boat.

Which would narrow down the original wagon's scum to being within {TheBrie, Purrcocet, singletonking, Trekkie}.

I can see that. If my "one scum in Ausuka, Saudade, Vaxkiller, Purrcocet" is correct, and if it's Saudade, then that'd actually fit with other assumptions; Trekkie as the second scum Not Voting at end of d1, singletonking as scum moving around a bit.

For the record, the second wagon looks more town-driven than the first, to the point where I'd wager at most two scum on it.

So let's make my first scumteam guess off of literal hot steaming garbage tier analysis.

TheBrie, Xtoxm, Saudade, singletonking, Trekkie, Gamma Emerald.

If you wanna rip this to shreds, go ahead, it's not that hard to do. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2261 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2253, Kokichi Oma wrote:Has mastina always been in this game lol
If I were, I wouldn't have a need to read!

I also wouldn't be able to entertain you with stories.
Fun fact.
I considered replacing into this game much earlier.
Then I saw that the slot up for replacement was Xtoxm and went "fuck no, that's a scum slot, I've dealt with enough scum role PM shit".
VOTE: Xtoxm.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2313 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2307, Xtoxm wrote:I was never higher than 5th on the replacement list and rescinded under 24h.
Yeah well I stalk the replacement request thread, sooooo. (Well admittedly. Sometimes I do so more than others. If I'm playing, I fall behind; if I'm not intending to do something specific, I may fall behind; if real life is busy enough, I definitely fall behind; at all other times, though, I read it.)
In post 2295, Wagonomics wrote:I can't vig mastina until she announces that she is the greatest scum player of all time and that it is impossible to wagon her.
I am the greatest scum player of all time and it is impossible to wagon me. :cool:
In post 2305, Jingle wrote:She'll be readable soon. Also, probably dead.
Those tend to go hand-in-hand. :P
In post 2311, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think xtoxm is town. Or else he hardcore successfully pocketed both Varsoon and Myself beyond belief.
Funny, I somehow find this not at all a hard achievement.
In post 2262, Xtoxm wrote:so u replaced into scum mastina?
unlucky
Nope, but I sure would have if I had replaced into your slot!
In post 2271, Jingle wrote:What do you think about PB's townread there?
That would require me being aware of there being a townread there. I'd wager just wrong-town at a guess tho.
In post 2274, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2273, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh, that schadd game, okay
I guess I can follow that.
VOTE: Xtoxm
Weren’t you saying Theta slot was scum? Mastina replaced Theta, but now you’re sheeping the slot?
I mean wouldn't surprise me if Gamma's scum regardless of Xtoxm, so.
In post 2279, Purrcocet wrote:What is this ausuka wagon
you can change your life today by voting sheep
I approve of neither of those!
In post 2285, Wisdom wrote:^lets lynch this
Reading Ausuka's posts, I can understand why you want to lynch there. I really, really do. Ausuka's posts are, 100%, undeniably, scummy-as-fuck. I can see that just as well as you do. Problem is. I don't actually think Ausuka is scum.
In post 2301, Jingle wrote:Also supporting Saudade, sheep, light, Xtoxm, PB. Please choose one of those or convince me otherwise on your pet scumread, because I'm pretty much necessary for the lynch at this point. :D
I can tell you I don't support sheep, Party Boat, or probably light at this juncture, sooooo.
Saudade or Xtoxm for me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2314 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by mastina »

Wisdom
Nancy Drew 39
vonflare
Party Boat
Flavor Leaf
Kokichi Oma

Enter
sheepsaysmeep
Wagonomics
Vaxkiller
Ausuka
light_ganski
Jingle
Purrcocet

Trekkie99
Gamma Emerald
TheBrie
singletonking
Saudade
Xtoxm

Okay so the names from pretty much Party Boat to light are highly flexible and in the bottom six the names there are largely interchangeable meaning this list is a rough of roughest drafts for a readslist but hey, it's here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2315 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 32, Gamma Emerald wrote:I would speculate he is rather inventive but Death Miller seems a bit outside his realm of possibility. Can someone who played TBD mafia 1 or 2 confirm or deny the honor of our mod?
If those games are what I remember, then suffice to say, anything's possible, since they included alignment changes (of a sort) among other shenanigans.
In post 4, Wagonomics wrote:VOTE: Vax
This is my IPO; INVEST in this wagon and see its VALUE skyrocket!
Minor townlean.
In post 5, TheBrie wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Wagonomics, why?
In post 25, Xtoxm wrote:O God, wisdoms in this game. We're gonna break 1000 pages
In post 28, TheBrie wrote:You know that hing where you look away before you see that someone has ninjaed you, and you need to click again to post, and you don't realize it happened until hours afterward? That happened. I was going to say this: "I would think this is exactly the type of game a death miller might show up in. Which means it's also the perfect game to fake-claim death-miller. But why would anyone fakeclaim that?
"Does donut invest lineup with flavour though?"
And now I'll read everything else since.
In post 29, TheBrie wrote:Nothing else to say, except I agree about the likelihood of the thread becoming long.
Deus homo factus est natura mirante, Mundus renovatus est a Christo regnante.
Oh yeah definitely scum.
In post 17, 0verki11 wrote:hey people.
In post 27, singletonking wrote:
V/LA until 15 Dec

Not that it matters lol
Very slight scumlean.
In post 18, Varsoon wrote:Also, I'm in a PT with Party Boat, Xtoxm, and Nancy Drew 39.
And now I know precisely how V/Flavor Leaf were 'pocketed beyond belief'. And why Party Boat is townreading the slot, for that matter. I need look no further than this post to instantly go "uh huh" and understand everything.

Yep, Xtoxm's scum.
Does strengthen my townreads on all of Party Boat, Nancy, and Flavor Leaf tho.
In post 22, Edosurist wrote:Who wants to see a magic trick?
Might actually be town.
In post 40, Edosurist wrote:I'm a triple voter. My vote counts as three votes. The VC will indicate so by listing my vote three times.
Glad it's Jingle and not me. :P
But, do think overall more likely to be town than not.
In post 31, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5, TheBrie wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Wagonomics, why?
Long time no see, dear warrior! I look forward to fighting alongside all my allies and exterminating our enemies. To battle!
VOTE: wagonomics
No room for logic on the battlefield!
Also pretty scum.
In post 54, Party Boat wrote:
In post 52, Leodanny wrote:Good job. Why are u vote the xtoxm?
his one post here and posts in the neighborhood are very boring and I think they are slightly more likely to be scum than average posts
Why'd you change from being right. :cry:
(But, townread there even furthered!)
In post 65, Porkens wrote:VOTE: thebrie
Automatically slot looks town.

is even more scum from TheBrie. In fact:
In post 96, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok let me put it this way. I was pinged by Brie's entrance. I continued to observe people to see if anyone else felt the same and it looks like Porkens did. What makes it towny coming from porkens is the simple naked vote - getting straight down to business and not trying to look overly towny. Brie's reaction escalated quickly from "it could be a personality thing" to "maybe they're both scum." Under little pressure and with missing logic.
This pretty much sums up what I saw, too!

5 down, pretty much 90 to go. (By the time I finish, anyway.)
But Imma take a break from this, since I have the luxury of taking as much time as I want to get caught up--I'm tired from working today, and hungry, and plan on fixing at least one of the two.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2343 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by mastina »

Sure.
VOTE: Saudade.
Lil' skeeved out that it has TheBrie and Trekkie making sketchy votes joining it, but it's a wagon I can support overall.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2398 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by mastina »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck we have dueling town wagons.

I know that if I leave, we won't get a wagon on scum.
I know that Saudade has a much better chance of being scum than Ausuka.
But goddammit, this is a situation where scum know that both wagons are on town and it's ridiculously obvious. Sec, lemme compile the posts showing what I mean.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2399 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2335, singletonking wrote:Hi I got prodded
In post 2339, singletonking wrote:Before (if) we lynch Saudade can we at least have him claim?
In post 2336, Trekkie99 wrote:
In post 2335, singletonking wrote:Hi I got prodded
Same lol.
This is so painful. I'll lynch anyone. FL, sheep, vax, gamma, whatever.
In post 2340, Trekkie99 wrote:
In post 2339, singletonking wrote:Before (if) we lynch Saudade can we at least have him claim?
By all means assuming he's still around lol.
These aren't the posts I was talking about, but are still scummy-as-fuck regardless.
In post 2346, singletonking wrote:I don't prefer lynching Saudade right now, actually. While that slot has done some scummy stuff like Jaylow's Varsoon vote and Saudade acting weird in general, I feel that the slot has a high chance of being lynchbait right now due to the general absence, plus there's a lack of resistance to the wagon. Plus he's getting replaced soon so I see no reason to lynch him for now.

I'd rather lynch Ausuka. Her recent posts and slight uptick in activity seems like scum trying but struggling to produce content in reaction to pressure, given how most of it is talking about scumreading Vax and Wisdom.

VOTE: Ausuka
In post 2355, singletonking wrote:OMG can we guys not
I get that the Day has been going on for too long already and apathy is taking over here but wagoning an empty slot at the verge of getting replaced is bad play
In post 2376, Purrcocet wrote:
In post 2372, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: saudade
i dislike an ausuka lynch because she has villagery content and saudade because he's just a null lurker but is in everyones poe anyway shrug
l-2
This is the vote that i want u to remeber when saudade flips town
ok? ok
In post 2379, Xtoxm wrote:xyzzy already covered himself from that by saying he may impose a deadline of any length if he wants to
also the saudade wagon stinks
pass
THESE are the posts I'm talking about. (I could find more examples by going further back, too.)

Plus these sorts:
In post 2354, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: saudade
It's me or him today, I have no reason to tr him, and the slot is absent anyway so...
In post 2352, vonflare wrote:
vote saudude

idk if this is hammer or what
In post 2367, Wisdom wrote:They will because ausuka is actually scum while saudade is just bait people are apathetically voting to end the day
In post 2368, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i fucking hate both of these wagons but i agree more than anyone else that we need a lynch asap wtf
Which contribute, but which I think are from town, not scum. (And this is far from a complete list.)

We're mislynching townnnnnnnnnnn.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2424 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:51 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2420, xyzzy wrote:
Spoiler: size
Is it bad that I read the top box thing as 'CHESSKID'?
In post 2403, TheBrie wrote:I don't really know Mastina's play
You and me both. :P
But I suppose I can clarify.
I am townreading Saudade not off of the slot's content--but general thread feelings about the slot compared to Ausuka. There's a term for that, but I can't quite remember it. Essentially, my sense of situational awareness screamed at me, "THE SCUM ARE DIVIDING THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE". And they wouldn't care only if both wagons were a mislynch.

This is why I haven't unvoted. I don't vote townreads that I am townreading off of play, but I'm not townreading Saudade on play. I could always be wrong. My analysis had Saudade as a decent candidate for being scum by play, and that's why I'm staying for now. I am hoping I am wrong. I am hoping that Saudade's slot is scum.

It's just that the circumstances surrounding Saudade vs. Ausuka scream, "the scum don't really care which of these two gets lynched".
In post 2401, Purrcocet wrote:That's a.. interesting post mastina but i guess it works for my purposes
Now help me bus sheep
You apparently misread.
sheep's town.
If as I suspect Saudade is town, you're scum.
In post 2408, Xtoxm wrote:your own role ccs her you really shouldnt be defending her.
I'm somewhat skeptical of this because my role's an already-revealed role. I picked up that Gamma's a roleblocker; I'm not a roleblocker. I'm one of VT/JK/JOAT/Vig.
In post 2416, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Gamma and Xtoxm are never w/w here.
Wrong, that exchange is something precisely up the alleyway of scum theater especially since both know it'll amount to nothing. The lynch today is guaranteed to be one of Saudade/Ausuka. That means the two of them could go on pages and pages of a 1v1 and it wouldn't matter; their words would ultimately be meaningless.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2461 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2427, TheBrie wrote:Why's Purr scum if Saudade is town? Do you think Purr is trying to line up a mislynch on sheep after this? I suppose that could be read out of what they said. But Purrocet at least is one of the people who is actually attempting to run wagons counter to Saudade and Ausuka.
It's not people's actions that make me townread some and scumread others.

It's the WAY that they are doing those things.

The players I'm townreading, it's hard to explain, but basically what they're pushing, it looks like they sincerely believe. Regardless of Saudade, Ausuka, or other, they genuinely feel what they appear to, even if it's resignation or desperation.

The people who I'm scumreading, on the other hand, are disingenuous. Their stances have an agenda attached to them, where there's a clear end goal in their actions.

Purrcocet reeks of knowing both wagons are town and is setting up a mislynch for when they flip town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2462 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2435, singletonking wrote:Eh I think triggering people is his playstyle
Absolutely not.

I literally JUST saw his townplay in StarCraft; this is not it. I know what his scumplay looks like; it's literally what he's doing this game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2463 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:49 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2436, singletonking wrote:Mastina, there was a question Brie asked you that I also wanted to ask but you didn't answer: Why is Trekkie scum? He said a lot of townie things upon replacing in, and while his activity has died down somewhat, I don't really see anything pointing to him being scum.
She answered her own question; poe. Plus, those mythical good posts? I sure as fuck don't see them. All I've seen from Trekkie is stuff that supports the poe scumread.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2464 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2441, Xtoxm wrote:daily reminder that mastina is confscum
Daily reminder that giving daily reminders is an excuse to active lurk and avoid giving real content.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2465 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2458, Wagonomics wrote:Cool, is singleton or vonflare a strong scumread?
singleton? Yes. Vonflare? No.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2499 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2498, Dannflor wrote:her VCA looks like a lot of productive townie stuff but does effectively nothing.
Um, yes? I was pretty explicit about this? How'd you miss all the labels of "trash-tier", "garbage VCA", and the like where I rather bluntly said it was shit?
In post 2473, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:If this is relevant, Purr sent me fruit, N1.
How obvtown have you been overall? I seem to recall one or two people pushing you, but have most been townreading you? Because actually, yeah, it kinda does.
In post 2493, Enter wrote:
In post 2424, mastina wrote:I am townreading Saudade not off of the slot's content--but general thread feelings about the slot compared to Ausuka. There's a term for that, but I can't quite remember it. Essentially, my sense of situational awareness screamed at me, "THE SCUM ARE DIVIDING THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE". And they wouldn't care only if both wagons were a mislynch.

This is why I haven't unvoted. I don't vote townreads that I am townreading off of play, but I'm not townreading Saudade on play. I could always be wrong. My analysis had Saudade as a decent candidate for being scum by play, and that's why I'm staying for now. I am hoping I am wrong. I am hoping that Saudade's slot is scum.
By "general thread feelings" are you saying your particular feelings are the cause of your failure to scumread the slot? Or are you reading the slot based on the feelings of the other players in the thread?

As far as your indications from situational awareness - if I understand correctly, the to be thinking things like this, you must have a relatively confident idea of how large the scum team is, and likely even an idea of it's composition, but I saw nothing in your ISO about these matters. Please talk more about this.
I stated how large a scumteam to expect in . The junk-tier VCA was self-admittedly junk-tier, but you can't do VCA without an estimate of scumteam size at all.

As for general thread feelings, it means precisely that: reading the entirety of players posting and general game atmosphere, everything points to the lynches both being a mislynch. There are players who look town that are pushing one as scum; there are players who look town that are pushing the other as scum; there are players who look town that are trying to push a third player as scum; there are players who look town that have given up on pushing scum; there are players that look scum that are pushing one as scum; there are players that look scum that are pushing the other as scum; there are players who look scum pushing a third as scum; there could be players that are scum who have "given up" on pushing scum (though if so this isn't as obvious); there are players who fit one of these categories that I can't get an alignment read one way or another on.

But all of it points to the same symptoms.

Of two mislynch candidates in the making.

By necessity, that would made the Saudade slot town, because the situation I'm describing wouldn't be the case if we were looking at scum being counterwagoned by town, or vice-versa.

Some of my reads
are
influenced by how others see them--that's my third axis of reading people which I've talked about a bit before (long story short, first axis is "generic behavioral tells"; second axis is "modified behavior SPECIFIC TO THAT PLAYER tells", third is "trust in others")--namely, reads like my sheep townread being in part trusting Nancy who I feel WOULD have the experience to get that read accurate, but most of what I've got here is just looking at what's going on and what "feels" right, and the idea of us lynching scum with our current wagons feels wrong.
In post 2468, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Do you have any links to an Xtoxm’s scumgame?
Sure I do, but I'll link them later. (I never make empty statements on meta and can always back them up, it's just that usually it requires :effort: that I tend to avoid.)
In post 2475, Purrcocet wrote:only problem with this post is i've been pushing the lynch i want before those two ever were a wagon but ty for claiming wolf
It doesn't matter how long you've been pushing the wagon; it's the way you've been pushing. I thought I made myself abundantly clear on this.

It doesn't matter if you've been tunneling for one page or 100 pages. It matters how the tunnel is done.

For instance, Wisdom's tunnel? Probably town, enough to be my largest townread.
Your tunnel?
Not so much!
In post 2485, Xtoxm wrote:so it was entirely different to the reason mastina is scum here
Yes because "mastina is scum because she's scumreading me" is entirely a valid argument. :roll:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2503 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2500, Dannflor wrote:oh yea I wanted to ask rlly quick
do I need to claim? my slot is at L-2? rnow but idk what the protocol is for games of this size
For the record.

The reason I am not unvoting Dannflor is because my read, disregarding my feelings of general game atmosphere, remains unchanged.

Dannflor's content is thoroughly "could be either alignment with a RIDICULOUS amount of ease", with ever so slightest the scumlean to it.

So while by feelings of general game atmosphere he should logically be town, when he posts I'm like, "yeah I'm okay lynching this".

It's not the
happiest
lynch (that'd probably be either Xtoxm or singletonking) I'd have, but it's one which I feel is
okay
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2507 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2502, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2499, mastina wrote:Um, yes? I was pretty explicit about this? How'd you miss all the labels of "trash-tier", "garbage VCA", and the like where I rather bluntly said it was shit?
I didn't miss it. Just because you lampshade something doesn't change what it is. It's still a lot of effort put into something that's not super helpful, but people might write off as a town tell anyway because of the effort put into it.
What.
The words you say are in a vacuum my own beliefs but in context are divorced from reality.
Effort != alignment. I am the strongest proponent of this on site. Literally THE strongest proponent, I know this better than anyone else, I fucking invented the expression for god's sake.
I know calling something as being what it is doesn't change it being that thing.
These two ideas separate are fine, but you're connecting them when there's no connection to be had.

Also as is the case with a lot of my stuff.
What I say is rarely if ever useful immediately, it becomes more useful for me to view as a frame of reference for future content, but I digress.
In post 2502, Dannflor wrote:You're continually calling out this situation as being two mislynches but not actually pushing a different lynch because ???
...Because of the reasons I fucking said already? Because:
In post 2502, Dannflor wrote:with no deadline it just doesn't make sense to be on a wagon you don't actually believe in unless you believe it'll be good for town
Who said I didn't believe it was? Quite the opposite...
In post 2424, mastina wrote:I am townreading Saudade not off of the slot's content--but general thread feelings about the slot compared to Ausuka. There's a term for that, but I can't quite remember it. Essentially, my sense of situational awareness screamed at me, "THE SCUM ARE DIVIDING THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE". And they wouldn't care only if both wagons were a mislynch.

It's just that the circumstances surrounding Saudade vs. Ausuka scream, "the scum don't really care which of these two gets lynched".
In post 2499, mastina wrote:As for general thread feelings, it means precisely that: reading the entirety of players posting and general game atmosphere, everything points to the lynches both being a mislynch. There are players who look town that are pushing one as scum; there are players who look town that are pushing the other as scum; there are players who look town that are trying to push a third player as scum; there are players who look town that have given up on pushing scum; there are players that look scum that are pushing one as scum; there are players that look scum that are pushing the other as scum; there are players who look scum pushing a third as scum; there could be players that are scum who have "given up" on pushing scum (though if so this isn't as obvious); there are players who fit one of these categories that I can't get an alignment read one way or another on.

But all of it points to the same symptoms.

Of two mislynch candidates in the making.

By necessity, that would made the Saudade slot town, because the situation I'm describing wouldn't be the case if we were looking at scum being counterwagoned by town, or vice-versa.

Some of my reads
are
influenced by how others see them--that's my third axis of reading people which I've talked about a bit before (long story short, first axis is "generic behavioral tells"; second axis is "modified behavior SPECIFIC TO THAT PLAYER tells", third is "trust in others")--namely, reads like my sheep townread being in part trusting Nancy who I feel WOULD have the experience to get that read accurate, but most of what I've got here is just looking at what's going on and what "feels" right, and the idea of us lynching scum with our current wagons feels wrong.
^Hint: one of those third axis reads? The scumread on the Saudade slot, now your slot. That read was half-formed almost entirely off of the suspicions of others that felt like it was plausibly correct.
In post 2503, mastina wrote:
In post 2500, Dannflor wrote:oh yea I wanted to ask rlly quick
do I need to claim? my slot is at L-2? rnow but idk what the protocol is for games of this size
For the record.

The reason I am not unvoting Dannflor is because my read, disregarding my feelings of general game atmosphere, remains unchanged.

Dannflor's content is thoroughly "could be either alignment with a RIDICULOUS amount of ease", with ever so slightest the scumlean to it.

So while by feelings of general game atmosphere he should logically be town, when he posts I'm like, "yeah I'm okay lynching this".

It's not the
happiest
lynch (that'd probably be either Xtoxm or singletonking) I'd have, but it's one which I feel is
okay
Basically my stance couldn't be more clear here.
I have a few compelling reasons to be on the wagon.
I have just as many compelling reasons to be off the wagon.
Every post I make I weigh the two, and at this moment, the two are exactly a 50/50 split--the reason for no unvote is due to inertia, carrying through the prior action by default rather than the new action.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2516 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2511, Wagonomics wrote:For the record, if mastina continues quoting her own posts to comment on them, I will compromise on an investment on her.
Hmm have I made that post yet in this game or will I need to make it and then quote it? Lesse here...
In post 2135, mastina wrote:I will be making FULL use of the lack of deadline. I can only read AT MOST 20 pages a day and may not be able to read every single day (for instance, today), but I WILL be able to play at a decent rate, given the requisite time.
No, not it.
In post 2313, mastina wrote:
In post 2295, Wagonomics wrote:I can't vig mastina until she announces that she is the greatest scum player of all time and that it is impossible to wagon her.
I am the greatest scum player of all time and it is impossible to wagon me. :cool:
No, no, wrong thing I'm going for. That IS a stock phrase to use/quote, but not the one I'm after. Uhh...

Nope, haven't made it this game.

Time to remedy that!

The generic stock rant I was aiming to quote here is:
I am not aiming to look town; I am aiming to lynch scum. Let my actions do the speaking there.

I forget the full ramble, I know it's more than a line long, but oh well that's good enough!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2517 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2511, Wagonomics wrote:For the record, if mastina continues quoting her own posts to comment on them, I will compromise on an investment on her.
NOW we're in business.
In post 2516, mastina wrote:I am not aiming to look town; I am aiming to lynch scum. Let my actions do the speaking there.
There we go. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2532 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:45 am

Post by mastina »

I[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10675338#p10675338]post 2518[/url], Wagonomics wrote:I do think there's a chance Xtoxm is wrong about you because I feel like you were not very much into lulzy shitposting as scum before.
Used to not be, but then I got so sick of scum roles I threw up my hands in a "I no longer give a fuhttps://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution/Normal_Gameck" way, so alas, the towntell no longer holds. Nothing I've done this game, I haven't done in a recent scumgame, so really, the closest to a towntell for me this game is that this game's a conglomeration of prior scumgames in style. :P (Since I only use the same trick once, using the past tricks of all recent prior scumgames would be violating my standards.)

Err fuck phoneposting, I just broke my post and don't know how to fix it, posting as is and will fix it when I get home tonight.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2533 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:55 am

Post by mastina »

Nancy I appreciate you but your reading comprehension continues to be absolute shit.

You are one of my strongest townreads. I wasn't asking how obvtown I should treat you; I was asking how obvtown OTHERS have treated you, which should be stupidly self evident as to why I it makes a difference.

A player targeting someone who they know will live due to not being a likely night kill is more likely town; a player targeting someone who's obvtown enough where their target could eat the nightkill is likely scum, who knew that their target would live, making it a pocketing attempt. Thus my stupidly self-obvious question; the answer makes a difference in his alignment. Since it sounds like you are indeed that obvtown to others, it makes Purrcocet more likely scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2534 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:59 am

Post by mastina »

Also stop being hypocritical. You ranted about people who didn't sheep your strong read that game (the worst as town), but now are complaining about the fact that I AM sheeping the read.

You've been in the game, I haven't. You've seen all his posts, I've seen only the ones since I replaced in: too few to accurately pin him down. Why WOULDN'T I sheep you on sheep? You'd be the expert there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2536 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:39 am

Post by mastina »

BTW I do have an undisclosed potential scumread on a certain player, outside of the players I've called town/scum (so, in the middle section of my reads).

Sec, lemme illustrate.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2537 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2314, mastina wrote:Wisdom
Nancy Drew 39
vonflare
Party Boat
Flavor Leaf
Kokichi Oma

Enter
sheepsaysmeep
Wagonomics
Vaxkiller
Ausuka
light_ganski
Jingle
Purrcocet

Trekkie99
Gamma Emerald
TheBrie
singletonking
Saudade
Xtoxm

Okay so the names from pretty much Party Boat to light are highly flexible and in the bottom six the names there are largely interchangeable meaning this list is a rough of roughest drafts for a readslist but hey, it's here.
So Kokichi should be a tier below the top, but NOT the middle tier, in a new second tier. I'm not sure if anyone joins him there or not; candidates are Enter, sheep, and Wagonomics. If any of them aren't joining Kokichi in the new second tier, they instead form a third tier, leaving a mostly unchanged former middle tier as fourth tier/second from bottom tier. This pile contains the secret scumread.

Purrcocet and Dannflor are an either/or now. I don't think that they're both scum, but I DO think one IS scum.

Xtoxm and singleton are strong enough scumreads to almost warrant their own tier. Plus the scum in Dann/Purr. The remaining 3, Gamma/Brie/Trekkie, are interchangeable.

I'd give the list properly if not phoneposting and pressed for time.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2638 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2574, Flavor Leaf wrote:Like having stances on things just for the sake of having stances
No fucking shit?
I'm a replacement who has read the first five pages, the mod's iso, and the content since I replaced in--with most of the immediate content since I replaced in not having been useful to me as it made use of content prior to my replace-in that I have no context for.

When have I implied my stances are anything other than having stances for the sake of stances?
Because that's precisely what they are, and you shouldn't expect anything else.

(Also. There's two VERY specific things I am waiting for--two entirely different, entirely unrelated things, with no relationship to one another but both contribute to what I'm doing now. When one thing I'm waiting for happens, you'll see an IMMEDIATE jump in my content and push; when the other thing happens, similarly so. And with both, I'll be at full capacity but with neither yet having happened, this is like half capacity.)
In post 2571, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2570, Purrcocet wrote:TheBrie is town
About that.

TheBrie is a player whose stances largely overlap with mine, calling many of the same people town/scum that I do.
So by that metric I should be agreeing.
Except.

Literally everything she posts other than the people she's pushing just looks scummy as fuck.
It's like the people she's pushing comes from a town mindset but everything she does is coming from a scum mindset.
In post 2562, Dannflor wrote:Isn't it kinda suboptimal to lynch a claimed PR when players like Sheep and Vax exist?
Since it's publicly known I'm a jailkeeper, can I just chime in with my expectation that almost every player in the game is going to be a PR?

Like, we're not talking by-the-book, literal, role madness where there is no VT--but where the VTs in the game are token additions, paltry padding in an otherwise PR-centric game?

As in.

This game had 24 players; I'd expect about 4 total VTs, PR heavy?
In post 2568, Flavor Leaf wrote:Yeah, I’m basing my Sheep stuff off of other people right now.
If people give me shit for my third axis stuff, they better also be looking squarely at content like this.
In post 2568, Flavor Leaf wrote:ScumXtoxm has zero reason to give up the sheep push like that to push for a Mastina lynch here as scum. That’s just incredibly inefficient and not worth the mislynch objective, tbh.
Why?

What's the loss in switching from one mislynch to a different mislynch? It's still a mislynch, just a different one. He switched from one wagon that definitely wasn't going through to a different wagon that's probably not going through. There's nothing town about that.
In post 2572, Purrcocet wrote:mastina's read of xtoxm is..........................unnatural to say the least
Nope! I have DAMN fucking good reason for this Xtoxm read and if you have some fucking patience I can fucking prove it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2639 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2581, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:No offense but your posts are far from the clearest, most easy to understand
Except yes they are.
I am verbose SPECIFICALLY SO THAT I COMMUNICATE
MY
EXACT
MEANING.
There are NEVER two ways to interpret statements of mine. (Well, except for when I'm being a cheeky scumfuck. Or I guess when I'm town fakeclaiming/half-claiming which is the same cheekiness applied to the opposite alignment. BUT I DIGRESS.)

There is only the one.

Because there's only one interpretation of what my words mean.
Now, what that interpretation is, you can subdivide to mean a town thing or mean a scum thing, but you can never interpret it to mean one thing when it means something else.

Admittedly, I CAN misspeak.

But.
YOU.

Are literally.

YOU, not others.

YOU.

Are literally.

The ONLY player.

I have EVER encountered.

In the LAST YEAR.

Who hasn't.
Understood.

What I am saying.

So I feel damn fucking in my right to say that the problem's not on my end.

Literally every other fucking person understands; literally every other fucking person doesn't ask the questions you do, because they got it the first time.

So why don't you?
In post 2581, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I could argue that really smart scum only sr the more mislynchable players and pocket obvtown.
What do you suppose Purrcocet's locktownread of you would be then?
In post 2581, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:She obviously does or else she wouldn’t have given me fruit N1.
The problem with Purrcocet is the following.
Follow along with this.
Okay.
So do you agree:
A town player with a fruit vendor role wants to not fruit vend to the nightkill.
You agree with that, right?

Okay, so a town player wants to not fruit vend to the nightkill.

Purrcocet sent fruit to you.
You obviously know that, right?

Okay, so Purrcocet sent fruit to you.

Purrcocet was townreading you as obvtown, right?
Okay, so Purrcocet sent fruit to you, when you were obvtown.

...Why weren't you a nightkill possibility to Purrcocet?

That
is the point I am raising. If Purrcocet thought you were obvtown, then Purrcocet as town would want to avoid fruit vending to you for fear of you eating the nightkill.

In contrast, if Purrcocet is scum who sent fruit to you, knowing who the scum are nightkilling, Purrcocet would know you weren't the one who would die, thus, Purrcocet would know you'd be alive to receive the fruit.
In post 2582, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Sheep was your partner in that game and you voice no opinion on his play here wrt to that game.
How could I?

I.
Am.
A.
Fucking.
Replacement.

Who.
Hasn't.
Read.
The.
Game.

Is that not clear enough?

How can I voice my opinion on someone I haven't even really fucking gotten the chance to read the content on?

So of course my answer is to sheep someone who
has
--and who I trust to be
just as recently informed
. It's not like sheep and I talked at all in the scum PT, it's not like we had some sort of scum strategy we discussed; we submitted actions in there, and that was it. The only thing I have from that game is the same thing you do; his posts in the game thread itself.

Except now,
you have
more
than I do
, because you have the WHOLE of this game; I only have a PART of this game.
In post 2582, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I dunno about you but if I replaced into a game with my former scumbuddy, the very first thing I’d do would be to ISO them, since based on that, they’d be a relatively easy sort.
Newsflash: I'm NOT you.

I
did
do something similar, but using a vastly different method.
No isos involved.
But reading your posts past my point of replacing in.
I went through a process.
"Town player I just played with--are their posts here almost identical to that towngame we just played?"
The answer was yes.
Given that, "Do I trust this player to be knowledgeable about who they are talking about?" Not for most players, but for your sheepsaysmeep read? Absolutely, yes.
In post 2588, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I don’t understand. How are Purr and Dann remotely linked?
I have strong reasons to scumread Purrcocet; I have strong reasons to scumread Dann. However, the scumreads are mutually exclusive, because they simply don't work as scumbuddies given the myriad of interactions I've picked up across the game.

Obviously they could both be town, but that'd mean my scumread on both is wrong and I don't think it is. Well, I think one scumread is and the other isn't. The reasons they don't work as scumbuddies is basically all the stuff I've been talking about. The way votes have unfolded, the general aura of the game, they just don't work as partners but they both, separately, individually, work as scum in spite of me knowing only one of them can be.
In post 2595, Jingle wrote:I'm pretty clearly outside of my scum range though.
This must've happened before I replaced in because it sure as fuck isn't after I did.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2641 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2604, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’ve actually felt like Mastina is hoping I kind of just trail off onto someone else.
Frankly I don't give a shit about you and I don't see why I should.
In post 2604, Flavor Leaf wrote:Mastina brought up that on her reads list Party Boat to Light Gandhi is pretty flexible.
A stance which has since changed and is now far more grounded and with only a small pool of four players whose positions are flexible. (Well, approximately four players, anyway.)

For instance you are a hard townread and have been since the get-go.
In post 2620, Flavor Leaf wrote:she’s actively choosing where she wants every player on her reads list.
No shit sherlock. That's literally the fucking point of making a readslist in the first place? It's to visualize where players stand in relationship to one another, and making active deliberate choices on where people are gives active, deliberate thoughts.
In post 2601, TheBrie wrote:I promise (as if people believe promises) I didn't jump here just because Purr says I'm town.
But can you promise that literally any of your read changes aren't because general thread consensus was moving that way?

Purrcocet to town, Flavor Leaf to town, Xtoxm out of scum, Dannflor to town-enough, me from town to mixed, literally every single one of those changed reads is a read that is a thread consensus read.
In post 2601, TheBrie wrote:Kinda feel like i was getting pocketed here
Pot.
Kettle.
Black.

Remind me what your first post about me was?
In post 2609, Jingle wrote:I'm pretty sure she's ignoring my presence in the game, because I'm ignoring hers. Mastina is easiest to sort when I ignore her.
Oh I am absolutely NOT ignoring you. The polar opposite of it, in fact. Just because I'm not quoting your posts (because there's nothing in them for me to quote) doesn't mean I'm not paying attention to you.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2642 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by mastina »

Also, as promised:
In post 2518, Wagonomics wrote:I do think there's a chance Xtoxm is wrong about you because I feel like you were not very much into lulzy shitposting as scum before.
Used to not be, but then I got so sick of scum roles I threw up my hands in a "I no longer give a fuck" way, so alas, the towntell no longer holds.

Nothing I've done this game, I haven't done in a recent scumgame, so really, the closest to a towntell for me this game is that this game's a conglomeration of prior scumgames in style. :P
(Since I only use the same trick once, using the past tricks of all recent prior scumgames would be violating my standards.)

Plus:
Wisdom
Nancy Drew 39
vonflare
Party Boat
Flavor Leaf

Kokichi Oma
Enter
sheepsaysmeep
Wagonomics

Purrcocet/Dannflor

Ausuka
Vaxkiller
light_ganski
Jingle

Trekkie99
Gamma Emerald
TheBrie

singletonking
Dannflor/Purrcocet
Xtoxm

This is pretty much where I'm at. The Ausuka-Jingle pile is the null-pile. Below is scum, above is town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2646 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2644, Wagonomics wrote:Does mastina want people to invest in her coin?
To near a lynch, but not reaching a lynch, yes, actually.

Players near a lynch, being in the spotlight, have a chance to show their reads off--people actually listen, even if they normally wouldn't.
The minute the lynch goes through, that same player's posts are never once again read by any other player in the game, beit replacement or original, and thus even if they nailed the scumteam because they got lynched nobody pays them so much as a second thought.

I'd be the first to admit my reads aren't as good as I want them to be--but in spite of them being based on what amounts to hot air risen from the steam from a pile of garbage, I'd like to think that despite where they started out and their self-evident flaws, they are
not
worthless to the point of justifying discarding them and have merit to them.

Particularly my top and bottom tiers.

I mean sure if people sheeped the top and bottom tiers of mine I'd eat the mislynch any ol' day but simply put the moment I die they never ever actually will, so. Near lynch, fine; actually lynched, a waste of your dime.
In post 2643, TheBrie wrote:What are you reason for SRing Dan now? I understand before the replacement, but now?
This hasn't changed in spite of Dannflor's posts since:
In post 2503, mastina wrote:The reason I am not unvoting Dannflor is because my read, disregarding my feelings of general game atmosphere, remains unchanged.
Dannflor's content is thoroughly "could be either alignment with a RIDICULOUS amount of ease", with
ever so slightest the scumlean to it

It's not the
happiest
okay
In post 2643, TheBrie wrote:Where's you Vonflare Town read come from?
A pocketing attempt. :shifty:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2647 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2645, Wagonomics wrote:Why is there Purr/Dann in the middle and then Dann/Purr at the bottom?
That represents this:
In post 2537, mastina wrote:Purrcocet and Dannflor are an either/or now. I don't think that they're both scum, but I DO think one IS scum.
In post 2639, mastina wrote:
In post 2588, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I don’t understand. How are Purr and Dann remotely linked?
I have strong reasons to scumread Purrcocet; I have strong reasons to scumread Dann. However, the scumreads are mutually exclusive, because they simply don't work as scumbuddies given the myriad of interactions I've picked up across the game.

Obviously they could both be town, but that'd mean my scumread on both is wrong and I don't think it is. Well, I think one scumread is and the other isn't. The reasons they don't work as scumbuddies is basically all the stuff I've been talking about. The way votes have unfolded, the general aura of the game, they just don't work as partners but they both, separately, individually, work as scum in spite of me knowing only one of them can be.
Name1/Name2
Name2/Name1 is literally the best way in a readslist to present an either/or dilemma. It represents "one of these is scum and the other is probably town", but makes it clear that I'm not sure which. (Sometimes the orders of the name give a lean, other times, they don't; in this case it goes back and forth enough to not.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2716 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:43 am

Post by mastina »

YES IT'S FUCKING OVER NOW SO I CAN TALK ABOUT THIS.
Hey, so like.
You know how Xtoxm this game is going.
"This game's probably multiball"?

GUESS WHAT HE WAS LIKE IN THIS SCUMGAME WHICH WAS "PROBABLY MULTIBALL".

Bad wording on my part.
But I told you I was waiting for this for damn fucking good reason.
Xtoxm was scum in a two-man scumteam in a 14 player game. The designed setup (which I made, btw) was designed to essentially be multiball in a mini, or the closest thing humanly possible thereto. The two-man mafia team, with their strong powers and knowledge that they were it, would know that the game had more scum than just them.

Xtoxm's play this game is literally identical to his play in that game.
And this is a game where he has several times professed his belief...that it is a multiball game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2717 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:46 am

Post by mastina »

So I meantioned Starcraft Mafia where he was different, but let's contrast the two.
SCUM IN A GAME WHICH WAS PSEUDO-MULTIBALL: what he looks like here.
TOWN IN A GAME WHICH WAS PSEUDO-MULTIBALL: what he looks like here.

Notice the difference between the two?
Where to even begin?
In the scumgame he was highly OMGUSy and a bit of a lurker--which is why I knew that when he needed replacement this game it was a scum slot--whereas in the towngame he was highly logical and while stubborn, put actual thought and reasons into his genuine cases.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2718 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 am

Post by mastina »

Note a trend in both games: he was dead before D3.
So he had only D1 and D2.
Note that in Starcraft mafia he had literally double the number of posts--actually more than double. A two-page, over-200 post iso.
In contrast, Xtoxm as scum had only a little over 70.

HEY.

GUESS HOW MANY POSTS XTOXM HAS THIS GAME.

When I said I had damn fucking good reason for the scumread.
I meant I had. damn. fucking. good. reason. For the scumread.

This is.
To a fucking T.
Xtoxm's scumgame.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2719 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:52 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2717, mastina wrote:which is why I knew that when he needed replacement this game it was a scum slot
To clarify this: I had seen Xtoxm's towngame in StarCraft.
I knew that Xtoxm was scum in that Large game, because at that time he had been guiltied by the tracker I knew was legit or already lynched.
When I saw xyzzy post that Xtoxm needed replacement in this game, in spite of knowing he was still active on site, I knew that meant it was from lurking--and thus. I knew the slot was scum since before I replaced in.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2720 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:58 am

Post by mastina »

Also, Gamma as his scumbuddy--not to mention literally any player from this game--should KNOW this and any of them not having pushed Xtoxm for similar reasons to why I am is automatically suspect.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2722 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:28 am

Post by mastina »

Incidentally?
The very same reasons I'm suspicious of Xtoxm contribute to the Trekkie scumread.

I know for a fact Overkill's still around on-site.
His flake looked like a scum lurkout, too--but the reason that is a much, much, MUCH weaker read in comparison is that I lack a strong baseline.
I have a handful of town games which loosely contrast with Overkill's play here, but nothing overwhelmingly damning; I have zero scumgames of Overkill's which would in any way correlate the scumread there.

However, it is still nonetheless something that I wanted to mention.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2723 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:40 am

Post by mastina »

And oh look.
Another Xtoxm scumgame where he had about 70-80 posts. (In his defense, was as a replacement. But counter to said defense: he lived longer.)
Xtoxm was scum here, and you know what happened?
He flaked from the game

He flaked from a scumgame.
And in a separate scumgame had a postcount comparable to what he had in the scumgame I referenced, which is comparable to his postcount in this game.

When said postcount.

Is absolutely nothing close to his postcount from Starcraft Mafia.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4444 (isolation #41) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by mastina »

General scum policy--until the mod announces the game's over, it's not over.
Doesn't matter if you think you've won, treat it as if the game's still going and you could lose.

Inverse is also true; doesn't matter if you think you've lost, treat it as if it's still winnable and fight to the bitter end.

Is one of the main reasons effort != alignment for me; provided real-life constraints don't get in the way (which they often do, especially since my timezone clashes with most scummers so I'm not around to defend myself against being hammered at crucial times), I never give up so I'll always put in the requisite effort--and then some.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”