False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2625, Ankamius wrote:I'm seeing Gamma and pink ball wagons be essentially stagnant at where they are from even before vedith-slot became a decently sized wagon.
If the solve of Flavor Leaf-ooba-Toogeloo is correct, then the Pink Ball counterwagon to Vedith had
three
scum on it--not shown in any single votecount, but when you look at it, Robert was on that wagon; Morality was on that wagon; Vedith was on that wagon. The only person in the solve not on that wagon was Toogeloo.

That seems like it counts as trying-yet-failing, because failure was inevitable.
In post 2626, Ankamius wrote:Plus what stops scum from pushing the pink ball or Gamma wagons?
What makes you think they didn't?

Both proven and suspected scum voted in those wagons.

The Vedith wagon had too much going for it to fall apart; the counterwagons were all self-evidently flawed and weak, off of superficial reasoning with the sole exception of the Pink Ball wagon--which DID rival Vedith's...until Pink Ball obvtowned himself. (In fact, Pink Ball makes a nice contrast with Morality/Flavor Leaf. Both had AtE-laden moments, riddled with laced words. The difference between the two is that Pink Ball doing so revealed a town mindset; Morality/Flavor Leaf doing so was out of manipulation. But I digress.)

Pink Ball was the closest to a viable counterwagon, which is shown to have contained scum, but he made that lynch not be viable with how he obvtowned himself. Vedith meanwhile became more and more an appealing lynch because he made misplay after misplay--none of those misplays looked intentional, so much as accidental, genuine, fuckups on his part that screwed him over.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by Chito and Yuuri »

In post 2645, Spike and Jet wrote:
In post 2578, Spike and Jet wrote:well if you guys dont think its a slip we can go back to ooba
Totally agree here, Jet

Chito: I know I just made a similar argument for Gamma, but considering Spike was clearly just reading the last two pages in reverse and posting on a few things, I'm really confused by why he would make this argument since I don't get the impression (could be wrong here) that he actually read the discussion surrounding the accused slip. (I actually kinda feel like the slip conversation was weak too, but I'm less certain this is an organic Spike response to that conversation)
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

In post 2621, mastina wrote:
In post 2533, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:There was something else I read from you mastina, that I wanted to reply to, but I don't recall what it was.
Probably me commenting on Drixx's read of me, where I said that while my word couldn't be trusted on the subject, your would and you'd vouch for what I said RE: him.
YEP!

Yeah, if Drixx were SOLIDLY scumreading mastina he would have absolutely pushed the fuck out of here on D1, particularly given the presence of a wagon on here and the distinct possibility that if he pushes her with a compelling case, I jump on that wagon, and she becomes the consensus.

He was CERTAINLY suspicious of you, because 1) he always is, and 2) you DID do some things that would have definitely pinged him...but yeah, it definitely wasn't a strong enough scum read for him to prioritize your slot in any way.

It *is* possible that in PT's he said something about certain things bothering him, and people could have interpreted that as him outright scumreading you, but he clearly wasn't scumreading you enough to attempt to get rid of someone who he views as a valuable asset if town.

-Yukiteru
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

Ank I am not sure if you read it or not, but Vedith scumclaimed by claiming a flavor character he couldnt have

there isnt much scum could do after that

~Near
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2651, mastina wrote:
In post 2625, Ankamius wrote:I'm seeing Gamma and pink ball wagons be essentially stagnant at where they are from even before vedith-slot became a decently sized wagon.
If the solve of Flavor Leaf-ooba-Toogeloo is correct, then the Pink Ball counterwagon to Vedith had
three
scum on it--not shown in any single votecount, but when you look at it, Robert was on that wagon; Morality was on that wagon; Vedith was on that wagon. The only person in the solve not on that wagon was Toogeloo.

That seems like it counts as trying-yet-failing, because failure was inevitable.
In post 2626, Ankamius wrote:Plus what stops scum from pushing the pink ball or Gamma wagons?
What makes you think they didn't?

Both proven and suspected scum voted in those wagons.

The Vedith wagon had too much going for it to fall apart; the counterwagons were all self-evidently flawed and weak, off of superficial reasoning with the sole exception of the Pink Ball wagon--which DID rival Vedith's...until Pink Ball obvtowned himself. (In fact, Pink Ball makes a nice contrast with Morality/Flavor Leaf. Both had AtE-laden moments, riddled with laced words. The difference between the two is that Pink Ball doing so revealed a town mindset; Morality/Flavor Leaf doing so was out of manipulation. But I digress.)

Pink Ball was the closest to a viable counterwagon, which is shown to have contained scum, but he made that lynch not be viable with how he obvtowned himself. Vedith meanwhile became more and more an appealing lynch because he made misplay after misplay--none of those misplays looked intentional, so much as accidental, genuine, fuckups on his part that screwed him over.
My problem with this is that it means 3 scum stayed on pink ball for most of the day while their scum partner was pushed up and the rest of the wagon stalled.

If pink ball obvtowned like you said they did, why did they not jump ship when the wagon was no longer viable?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2654, Near x Mello wrote:Ank I am not sure if you read it or not, but Vedith scumclaimed by claiming a flavor character he couldnt have

there isnt much scum could do after that

~Near
When was this exactly?
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Chito: To be clear, I'm not really sure if I'm accusing Spike of being scum here or not, but I feel like was Spike saying he was giving the OK to Jet to vote Ooba without using a hydra PT, and i'm not sure he actually cared that much about the vote or was really arguing it wasn't a slip. I mostly want Spike to stop being so apathetic so I can actually see some of his thought process post Vedith red flip.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2649, Ankamius wrote:...then what exactly were scum doing, mastina?
Trying to push the counterwagons--and failing.

Because like I said.

It's
not
"scum could've pushed a counterwagon, and chose not to".
It's "scum
couldn't
push a counterwagon, but tried to".

The closest to viable was Pink Ball, but the disparity between Pink Ball and Vedith was too great.
The longer the day phase went on, the more and more abundantly clear it was that Pink Ball was town.
The longer the day phase went on, the more and more abundantly clear it was that Vedith was scum.

Yet Pink Ball remained the most viable of the wagons, simply because the reasons for the scumreads on other players were superficial and self-evidently so.
The reasons for scumreading Drixx were junk, easily shot down.
The reasons for scumreading me were more annoyance-votes than thinking I'd flip scum.
The reasons for scumreading Gamma were rather weak overall.

The scum didn't have any non-weak reasoning to push.
And because they didn't have any non-weak reasoning to push for a counterwagon.
And because Vedith had non-weak reasons to be lynched.

Vedith got lynched.

I realize the game as a whole may not be "it's just that simple".
But in terms of how D1 went?

It absolutely IS just. that. simple.

Scum had no viable counterwagons to Vedith--they tried, they failed.
It's that simple.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 1125, Vedith wrote:Okay I'm going to reveal and we can just get my lynch over with.

Personally I feel at a loss as all the wagons feel town and are just bad.

I am Fuko Ibuki

Unlocked from night 1 - each day
and
night I can target someone to give a wooden starfish to.
Unlocked from night 2 - if someone has 3 or more wooden starfish on them i can protect them but they will forget and lose all wooden starfish (message says about 'forgetting something important' to the player).
Unlocked from night 3 - when targeting a player to give a wooden starfish to, I can also target a second target that has no wooden starfish to also receive one.

So i confirmed the following.
My protect works for the day phase or the night phase and I can use this action instead of giving out starfish. The protection does not prevent a lynch.
Nothing happens if a player receives 4 or more starfish, all are still lost when protected.
If my second target has a starfish only the original player will receive a starfish.
There is no message for receiving a starfish to the player, only when protected.

I'm helping \o/
@Ank

~Near
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

Here Ank.
In post 1125, Vedith wrote:Okay I'm going to reveal and we can just get my lynch over with.

Personally I feel at a loss as all the wagons feel town and are just bad.

I am Fuko Ibuki

Unlocked from night 1 - each day
and
night I can target someone to give a wooden starfish to.
Unlocked from night 2 - if someone has 3 or more wooden starfish on them i can protect them but they will forget and lose all wooden starfish (message says about 'forgetting something important' to the player).
Unlocked from night 3 - when targeting a player to give a wooden starfish to, I can also target a second target that has no wooden starfish to also receive one.

So i confirmed the following.
My protect works for the day phase or the night phase and I can use this action instead of giving out starfish. The protection does not prevent a lynch.
Nothing happens if a player receives 4 or more starfish, all are still lost when protected.
If my second target has a starfish only the original player will receive a starfish.
There is no message for receiving a starfish to the player, only when protected.

I'm helping \o/
-Yukiteru
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by Ankamius »

So right before he got lynched, which is after all the other stuff I've been mentioning :V
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

im not quite sure what your issue is

you think scum have to have bussed?

~Near
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I think I'll just look myself, that sequence still feels off.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2662, Near x Mello wrote:im not quite sure what your issue is

you think scum have to have bussed?

~Near
I'm having my usual "Don't have the words to describe what I'm thinking" moment

I'll figure it out eventually
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2655, Ankamius wrote:If pink ball obvtowned like you said they did, why did they not jump ship when the wagon was no longer viable?
To an extent?

They did.

You have to keep in mind again that Vedith was condemned by three pillars, making him beyond saving--but there's still signs they tried. Toogeloo on Gamma Emerald; Toogeloo on me; etc.

You also have to keep in mind that there was deadline to account for.

Pink Ball obvtowned himself within the last week of the deadline--if memory serves, it was about 3-4 days (give or take a day) before deadline when Pink Ball was obvtowned to the point where his lynch was impossible.

That's not much time to try and find a replacement, especially not when that same timeframe was when Vedith made blunder after blunder.
Pink Ball obtowning coincided in may ways with Vedith obvscumming.

What could the scum do to counter that?
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Torque »

Hi wolfy pop in

What i saw in day 1 was that all the cases against the main wagons sucked
I dont even think vedith would be lynched if he didnt run it down mid by claiming
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm 5 pages into day 1 and I already miss alisaeduck

and they were never even here at the same time I was
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Stop posting so much

Just vote
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2613, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2600, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2537, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2508, Dunnstral wrote:Almost50 either can see into all neighborhoods, is hiding in my neighborhood but won't reveal, or had his scum mates in my hood relay my thoughts to him
Let's start with #3. Now that you know/suspect there's scum in there you need to decide whom it is. THAT is a good starting point.
First step is to lynch you
Now THAT is what drives me nuts about you. You wanna lynch me? DO IT! NOW ANSWER MY BLOODY QUESTION! WHO IS BLOODY SCUM IN YOUR CHANNEL?
I can't assume scum in the channel until I see if you flip scum

It's nonsensical to aim at other people in my channel over you in this situation

Tell me what the last thing I said in my channel is
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:28 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 2668, Dunnstral wrote:Stop posting so much

Just vote
youre not voting fl yet

~Near
Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Spike and Jet »

In post 2668, Dunnstral wrote:Stop posting so much

Just vote
ya pls this day has been way too fucking long
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:31 pm

In post 2650, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: So Spike are you going to read more than the last two pages? j/w
Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon
Spike and Jet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Spike and Jet »

spike already left
Spike and Jet
Spike and Jet
Goon