Are endgamed players dead

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 20, BNL wrote:The game ends when the Mafia can inevitably kill everyone else. This does not mean that the Mafia have actually killed everyone else.
Honestly, the only reason mods stop the game with and endgame announcement is because mafia usually can't be trusted to majority vote themselves to victory. Even if they have 50%+ of the vote, some idiot will still be trying to bus their teammates or submit a NK on themselves for the lulz. Maybe we should let it run to conclusion and have the mafia kill the townfolk.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 59, BNL wrote:I don't think anything anyone says here is going to convince me.

I just really want people to understand my perspective: I see that once an outcome is determined, the game is permanently paused and called, without being actually played out.

I see the end of game as the state the game was in when the game was called, not what the game would have been if it was played out.

Do you, or anyone in the thread, even understand what I'm saying here, and my perspective on what the end of the game is?

Because I don't see myself being convinced that endgamed players are dead, ever, without the assurance that people know what I see as the end of the game.

Maybe it'll be a bit clearer if there was a distinction between "end of the game" and "endgame"
I don't think you ever explained why any of this matters. You only mentioned your wiki and which "category" you'd put what in. But that's it.

Nobody understands why you feel strongly about this distinction or why it's a hill you're trying to die on. After the game ends, it's just semantics.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Mafia Discussion”