UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9575 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:05 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

This game might be one of my worst performances in a Mafia game.
Like. Ever.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #9576 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9528, profii wrote:I'm just going to spew my thoughts as something fishy is happening and i want to try and work it out...

Obviously BEF flipped town and he shot us in the foot with the vengeful claim so scum used it to kill drewva - the thing that has got me thinking is some people were talking about me & BEF having to be TvS... I thought BEF was scum so i kinda just ignored it and was assuming i'd be basically lock town at this point but now it's got me thinking...

the sequence of events i think was

Day 1 -> I claimed and stated I saw a bread crumb so I knew what my plan was, infact I quoted S_S when i said this - so scum knew I had some kind of plan...
Night 1 -> BEF gave me a sticky fruit and I made PP loyal. We also know these 2 players were town.

Day 2 -> I declared I made a breadcrumb slot loyal and I'd give them the Sticky fruit that night...
Night 2 -> I gave the sticky fruit to PP and I made Creature Loud (I recall discussing with mcqueen he was obviously some kind of PR so i figured it may help verify him)

Day 3 -> TLK claimed to have a sticky fruit, PP claimed to have regular fruit'd him, much later Creature claimed not to be loud. I claim to have no idea why TLK has sticky fruit.

We then lynched TLK...

So in my mind, S_S put me in jail to knacker the stickyfruit plan.

That means, given EFN lynch, there are 4 scum alive, 1 jails another to... make a show for later? given the role was 1 shot, seems a weird waste - the counter argument is I'm sitting on a loud shot and i am just suggesting i was jailed...

So let's say I'm scum and I 'pretended' to loud creature and actually just gave TLK a sticky fruit - what is pro-scum here -> TLK became ascetic -> I guess the logic here is that scum!me assumed TLK would get investigated, so the fruit would mess it up and ensure the lynch -> seems like a valid stance BUT if that's the case why did me and my supposed scum buddies get involved in this plan and end up with S_S & Elsa saying they would hammer and neither of them did (yes I scum read you elsa for that, hi!) -> the net gain of this course of action is if I'm lucky and an investigation went to TLK, it tips that person into pushing a slot (because they aren't going to out a 'no result' that early) who was already likely to be lynched and if knew i was doing that i'd arrange for my buddies not to be involved in the hammer escapades

it just seems like a really bad risk/reward idea for scum that no way 4 people are going to go 'yeah thats the best idea lets do that' - when you could just go 'pass the fruit around the scum team and make us ascetic' -> surely as scum, you just kill BEF and dont mention the fruit ever again whilst keeping it within the team

So that still doesn't explain where the fruit came from - the best theory i've got is TLK either made a mistake in his claim or tried a weird claim gambit and scum are just using it to their advantage because obviously it was wrong...

and just to review why I think TLK made a mistake - TLK isn't fully open at first and says he got a fruit that was tacky - i think he got a regular fruit so knew of it's existence, but due to my claim, knew of the SF so tried to see where he could go
in 4631 PP makes it clear that he did not get anything from me and assumes TLK got the sticky fruit
then by 4633, TLK goes all in on the sticky fruit - i think he saw PPs posts and thought he could survive if i died first so just went for it (or something... i cant read his mind obviously)

The reason I'm thinking of this is that Scum Tracker thing Jingle mentioned just now - there was a point where people were saying BEF vs me is mechanically TvS because the claims and sequence as per above clashes...

now we unanimously voted BEF when drewva died so I kinda ignored the TvS discussion because I just assumed BEF would flip scum and I'd eat a bullet sooner or later as I became basically inno'd... but then he flipped town -> This reinforces my view of a TLK mistake because of the scum tracker idea from Jingle has only just come out after BEF flipped -> why wasn't it highlighted when we were talking about me vs BEF being TvS to give everyone the full facts of who we should lynch

I think if I flipped town first, then Jingle can't push the scum tracker idea because I am already proven to be acting exactly as i said i have been, which means it gives more credibility to what actually happened (TLK mistake) and BEF is less likely to be considered lock scum in the event of my town flip so he HAD to flip before me to set off a chain reaction

I think BEF vengeful was just a moment of madness / opportunity wrt the DrewVa thing and infact while i mention that DrewVa was strongly advocating me as a big town read of theirs, so if I am scum, why do i kill them when Bef is going to get mislynched anyway - i'll let someone else make sense of that.

so yea this tracker idea - it seems to have conveniently appeared today to try and act as a nail in my coffin i think - the actual thing going on is PP said he was going to target 1 of 3, one of whom was scum, so PP had to die in case he did target the scum in the 3 -> Jingle

So it's Jingle + Elsa + ? for me.
I honestly think this explanation makes a lot of sense.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #9577 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9572, RCEnigma wrote:I lost a fair bit of interest in this game but, here goes.

I think Elsa jumped up a fair bit in my list based on the boonus round, sure it could have been an act to play me but she seemed to genuinely believe Bef was scum as did I with the dayvig.

Profii has to flip at this point so eh. Still think he could be town.

Jingle probably isn't scum, I'll trust drewva on this read. For now.

Xtoxm just town. Dave town.

Don't remember what made Thanos mechanically town, I missed that class.

Una being upfront with his claim and theta sorting duck before that looks town with my screwed claim.

Who does that leave? Gamma, Nero, nev?

Gamma and Nero voting together as scum would have been the only pair to do so day 1?

Also Profii and Elsa were both present eod day 1 while no one else at the bottom of that votecount was around. 4 votes doesn't seem like enough to push a Lynch through but is probably worth trying for so it's interesting why Profii is solo voting Elsa EoD and scum isn't countering the flippy wagon at all.
Btw if I die before Jingle lynch him.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #9578 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:50 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 9574, UnaBombaH wrote:If I had ANY motivation in me, I'd check how we ever got sidetracked from lynching Elsa (way back then), or N&M (not sure when).
There's likely something there.
Also, as stupid as it is, Elsa should just be scum at this point.

Which would actually fit with scum!Jingle considering how they were spewing something like "mechanically not correct lynch" on them. :yawn:
I should just be scum at this point? Nani?! I can't choose to be scum here, Una. Icky. Still particularly when you made me weak.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9579 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9500, Jingle wrote:didn't want to have to fight Nancy on that anyway. It's exhausting trying to convince her her townreads are wrong.
Preach.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9580 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9532, Thanos wrote:
In post 9525, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9499, Elsa Jay wrote:So I guess Nev is legitimately the only Town Protective in this basically role madness. Sigh.
You're looking more and more like scum the more people flip green .
What's the case on EJ?
Like other than she is a claimed traitor/Miller and has been doing shit all to help us figure the game out?

How is what she has done all game protown? The lies, the confusion, the play all points to her being scum and the rest of you being too snowed over to realize that she's played you all.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9581 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9533, Thanos wrote:
In post 9528, profii wrote:the actual thing going on is PP said he was going to target 1 of 3, one of whom was scum, so PP had to die in case he did target the scum in the 3 -> Jingle
Why not N&M? You're town on them because they're the only claimed protective so far?
I feel like the is the post when you started to realize that your mislynching are starting to dry up.

Do you scum read us still?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9582 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9543, Jingle wrote:
In post 9534, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9526, davesaz wrote:
In post 9524, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9479, davesaz wrote:Nev & Max, I don't remember if you have any modifiers?
Ok.
That was a request to say what modifiers you have.
Ok.
So you're an OK doctor? farseinating.
Yeah, our rating on Google is a solid 3 stars
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9583 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9545, Thanos wrote:Who's townreading N&M and why?
D3 they were all up for lynching TLK, but when town wanted Smart to hammer they flail-attacked Dave and tried to shift a lynch towards that at the end.
Also in D4 they were heavily arguing for an EJ lynch.
Back on this shit again? Man you guys must be getting g desperate to keep us a viable mislynch.
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9584 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Thanos »

Did you get fruit from PP?
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9585 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:46 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9550, Thanos wrote:
In post 9545, Thanos wrote: D3 they were all up for lynching TLK, but when town wanted Smart to hammer they flail-attacked Dave and tried to shift a lynch towards that at the end.
Also in D4 they were heavily arguing for an EJ lynch.
You see them doing all this as town? Towncase their recent day play?
You assertion is based on a faulty premise that you keep pushing.

We were for lynching both Elsa and S_S.

We said that at the time.

We said that the first time you started pushing this bullshit.

We are saying it again now that you have become a shitty skipping record going back to the same shitty read over and over again spouting nonsense that you think will sound good.

We were never against the S_S lynch, we just wanted Elsa first as we thought scum was most likely there.

The fact that you keep trying to fit our square peg into that round hole is telling.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9586 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9551, Jingle wrote:for clarification, they retracted the expected doc claim on PP to say they holstered and were gunna doc PP the next night. Logically that was attempt to make scum shoot not PP the next night. Why have PP doc claim if you know PP gonna die? Why kill PP if you claim youre gonna doc him? Seems bad, seems not scum.
We were on PP the night before, creature was killed instead.

Saying we holstered was a clear attempt to try and draw the nk away from PP.

This makes me think that they have some scum in the claimed roles.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9587 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9560, Thanos wrote:Nothing solid yet except I feel N&M is scum.

Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9588 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9584, Thanos wrote:Did you get fruit from PP?
We've already said we. We did not.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9589 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Jingle »

V/LA until the 28th.

Probably won't need that long, but better to er on the side of caution. RL is a bitch.
This is a Parachute.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #9590 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

my spirit to play mafia has been crushed by recent events so please bear with me while i try to recover
thanks
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #9591 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:44 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I guess the game is on hold for awhile then. Sigh.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9592 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Real sorry. Shoulda just went v/la this weekend but I thought I'd get a chance to post but I'll catch up when I get home.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9593 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Jingle »

Back but significantly distracted. Let me know if there's anything I need to talk about.
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #9594 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Mainly the 3 most viable lynches, really. And hopefully I'm not one if them, though with all the chatter, that's probably the case.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9595 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Jingle »

The only real viable lynch is profii. I explained how the whole thing was a mechanical 1v1 days ago. The whole TLK mistook sticky fruit and normal fruit was already addressed: both profii and pp clarified it with him. A scum tracker in no way helps resolve the whole thing so profii wouldn’t be scum.

The only explanation barring boon outright lies to us that doesn’t necessitate profii scum is active gamethrowing by town players, and if you play around active gamethrowing your win rate will approach 0.
This is a Parachute.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #9596 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

yeah
im worried hes going to flip town too
but if tlk was mistaken/fucking around then thats on him, not us for following it
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9597 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:00 am

Post by Thanos »

In post 7525, Jingle wrote:EJ is a scum traitor with no special modifiers, meaning Creat/dave/drewva/xtoxm were all stopped by an independent source or are lying AND has been claimed to have received the Weak modifier.

EJ is town who lies compulsively and plays like a survivor regardless of role PM.
@Jingle: What's the deal with Jay? I think the universe where Jay is lying and is scum Ascetic/Commuter is more probable than an independent source stopping all of them, no?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9598 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:15 am

Post by profii »

In post 9595, Jingle wrote:The only real viable lynch is profii. I explained how the whole thing was a mechanical 1v1 days ago. The whole TLK mistook sticky fruit and normal fruit was already addressed: both profii and pp clarified it with him. A scum tracker in no way helps resolve the whole thing so profii wouldn’t be scum.

The only explanation barring boon outright lies to us that doesn’t necessitate profii scum is active gamethrowing by town players, and if you play around active gamethrowing your win rate will approach 0.
I assume TLK didn’t do it on purpose he just made some kind of mistake - it’s just annoying as otherwise I’d be rightly innod and it’s all good

But I can understand where you are coming from - I just know it’s wrong so arghhhh
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9599 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 9597, Thanos wrote:@Jingle: What's the deal with Jay? I think the universe where Jay is lying and is scum Ascetic/Commuter is more probable than an independent source stopping all of them, no?
First, lying EJ isn't necessarily scum EJ. It's frustrating but true.
Second, DrewVa's vig shot should have succeeded if the EJ failed actions were asceticism.
Third, 2/3 of the failed actions on EJ that are explainable via ascetic are also explainable via town.
Fourth, I doubt there is a scum commuter and a town commuter.
Fifth, claimed rolecop traitor result implies traitor or town.

Now, admittedly all of this is explained for EJ scum in two assumptions (can explain if not obvious), but I'm not interested in sorting that out until we finish massclaim.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”