Computational Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9, yessiree wrote:the main issue with trying to automate anything on mafiascum is the lack of an API. (it's in development?) It's FeelsBadMan to work with <document> response types, which means an addition layer of reading/parsing XML/HTML content which makes the whole process more time-consuming and error prone

It would be much much better if you could do something like query "[b]API[/b]/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78755" and get back JSON instead
Omg so much this.

Like that’s the reason my VoteCount scrubber is slower than I would like.

Getting all that html and crunching it for hundreds of pages is a pita.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

Hypothetically I may be doing just that. :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

100% agree

And people willing to test stuff once done.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 24, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 14, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9, yessiree wrote:the main issue with trying to automate anything on mafiascum is the lack of an API. (it's in development?) It's FeelsBadMan to work with <document> response types, which means an addition layer of reading/parsing XML/HTML content which makes the whole process more time-consuming and error prone

It would be much much better if you could do something like query "[b]API[/b]/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78755" and get back JSON instead
Omg so much this.

Like that’s the reason my VoteCount scrubber is slower than I would like.

Getting all that html and crunching it for hundreds of pages is a pita.
The average game should be around 15 light-weight pages if you use &view=print&ppp=200, of which only the last three pages are probably relevant for a vc

A twenty-line artoo.js game scraper: https://bitbucket.org/bopjesvla/thesis/ ... ew-default
Lightweight is a myth when using c#

Even threading it takes a while as it has to node parse.

Plus all the features requested add more lookups.

Mainly glad I looking at doing it in php and potentially removing said bloat.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Mafia Discussion”