Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9600 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Jingle »

Profii, I get it. It sucks to get lynched this way. Basically tho, a cop claimed a guilty on you and we lynched the cop first. The cop was faking the guilty is technically a possible explanation, but it's not one I'm going to entertain until I've satisfied every other potential avenue of inquiry.
This is a Parachute.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #9601 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 9595, Jingle wrote:The only real viable lynch is profii.
Penguin wanted profii today. Maybe scum killed him to throw shade at me and prevent him from pushing the lynch on profii.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9602 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:59 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9601, Formerfish wrote:
Penguin wanted profii today. Maybe scum killed him to throw shade at me and prevent him from pushing the lynch on profii.
Yup.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9603 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9597, Thanos wrote:
In post 7525, Jingle wrote:EJ is a scum traitor with no special modifiers, meaning Creat/dave/drewva/xtoxm were all stopped by an independent source or are lying AND has been claimed to have received the Weak modifier.

EJ is town who lies compulsively and plays like a survivor regardless of role PM.
@Jingle: What's the deal with Jay? I think the universe where Jay is lying and is scum Ascetic/Commuter is more probable than an independent source stopping all of them, no?
So you agree with me here?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9604 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Jingle »

Scum killed Penguin because he was the most reliable investigative role we had.
This is a Parachute.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9605 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9604, Jingle wrote:Scum killed Penguin because he was the most reliable investigative role we had.
I'm just replaying the conversation PP and I had about where we go when BEF flips town. PP was very clear that profiis head will be in the noose today.

And this might be a stupid question, but why not Dave or RCE? Are you just saying that because we "knew" PP still had a shot while we don't know about the other 2?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9606 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:35 am

Post by Jingle »

RCE's role is very limited use post massclaim. Even before massclaim it was mediocre.

Dave's role is unclaimed, but at best it is equivalent usefulness to PP. More likely, PP's role could be used to some effect the day after he was killed (like the result on Xtox) AND was fairly publically provable in the case of an innocent. Dave, on the other hand, could simply be roleblocked if he is in fact telling the truth. Creature is actually a more likely nightkill than dave.

Furthermore, PP was a fairly universal townread, meaning not only was he getting results, his results had more weight than the other two. There remains doubt that the other two are scum, so their results are due more scrutiny.

And yeah, PP was clear profii dies today given BEF flip. But he was hardly the only one saying so. The scum team killing to protect profii would be trying to bail out a battleship with a bucket full of holes. Cute, but ultimately completely worthless. If that was the goal they'd honestly have better luck killing me, because PP is far more likely than me to put reads over mechanics. If anyone thinks killing me was an even remotely viable choice last night, I've got this bridge I've been meaning to sell. Super cheap, I'll hand deliver the documentation.
This is a Parachute.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9607 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:23 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I'm not useful without modifiers, especially with every slot claiming a role unless I pulled like a vanilla result on someone. We lynched the vts so yea.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9608 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Jingle »

Actually the best use of RCE's role in this setup was to confirm that there were in fact probably several VTs, and thus VT claims had >rand town equity.

And also it's a targeting role.
This is a Parachute.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9609 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:03 am

Post by profii »

VOTE: end of day

I think we might as well get this done
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #9610 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9596, Xtoxm wrote:yeah
im worried hes going to flip town too
but if tlk was mistaken/fucking around then thats on him, not us for following it
I will have no part in lynching profii
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9611 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 9610, Gamma Emerald wrote:I will have no part in lynching profii
Explain why the result isn't incriminating or you believe TLK was actively gamethrowing.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #9612 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I believe that TLK was not "actively gamethrowing", just being an idiot. I've seen people screw up claiming stuff, hell I JUST DID IT IN A GAME RECENTLY. So that + profii's wall of explanation actually making sense turned me away from lynching profii.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9613 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:32 am

Post by profii »

In post 9600, Jingle wrote:Profii, I get it. It sucks to get lynched this way. Basically tho, a cop claimed a guilty on you and we lynched the cop first. The cop was faking the guilty is technically a possible explanation, but it's not one I'm going to entertain until I've satisfied every other potential avenue of inquiry.
That’s not quite right or I don’t get it

PP tried to cop TLK not me
TLK claimed to get a SF from me which is, if anything, me somehow anticipating PPs move and nulling the effect of the cop target by means of the SF ascetic quality

Unless you are saying the cop element of this whole thing is my loud not getting to Creature but my SF being able to escape jail - thus making my claim of giving out a loud a lie and you are policy lynching me under “lynch all liars”

I get why I have to go under that policy but I don’t think I was copped per se ?!?!
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9614 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:34 am

Post by profii »

I started to wonder if someone has charged BEF n1 and BEF just “did a BEF” and didn’t tell us he issued a second fruit but I don’t think it mechanically fits even if you consider scum might lie about doing that

So literally the only answer left is TLK messed up (obviously from my POV)
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9615 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:40 am

Post by profii »

In post 9600, Jingle wrote:Profii, I get it. It sucks to get lynched this way..
Infact I was like giving you the benefit of the doubt that in a lynch all liars world the logical thing to do would be to lynch me and I kinda made peace with that because I’d do the same in sticky-gate

But the way this is phrased sounds like you know you have your mislynch on lock so you can just toy with your food for the rest of the day

Especially given my post about how I wasn’t exactly copped - I don’t like you again
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9616 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Jingle »

The cop is an analogy, and the "it sucks to be lynched this way" is true regardless of your alignment. Whether you're scum or town it sucks to be lynched because you mechanically have to.

As far as the cop analogy, the cop bit here is:

TLK claimed to receive Sticky Fruit. Mechanically, you're the only person who could have given him sticky fruit, but you say you didn't. In order for you to be town, TLK had to lie despite having multiple people confirm with him that he didn't, BEF had to lie despite having multiple day phases alive while lying was provably only going to force both of you to be lynched while he was nominally townreading you, or Boon lied and there are additional variant roles in the setup.

And this isn't about lynch all liars. If there wasn't a scum motivation to the lie I wouldn't give a shit at all.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9617 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TBH I was expecting to miss like 20 pages but its only like 7 so I'll be done here in a bit.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9618 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by profii »

I disagree

If you look it from a “TLK mistake” perspective - everything I’ve said through the whole game adds up perfectly

Calling this a cop analogy and not a lynch all liars scenario is odd to say the least - you are saying I’ve lied about what I did N2 - we did BEF first who was the flip side of things and it makes sense to lynch me today - it doesn’t suck it is just how the game works but for you to say it sucks and to call it a cop analgy is cause for concern I think
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9619 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9462, Elsa Jay wrote:Thinking about it, giving a commuter an extra charge wasn't the best plan but I didn't know which investigative scum would kill and I didn't trust Nev at the time.
:igmeou:
In post 9467, Nev and Max wrote:We could finish our mass claim since I think 2 people are still holding g out for some reason.
I'm not "holding out". I'm VT anyways *shrugz*
In post 9468, Elsa Jay wrote:Still a Miller. A weak one at that from Una.
Why does a town Una give a nonaction role the weak mod?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9620 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9516, Jingle wrote:Preferred claim order for tomorrow is Nero X dave, btw.
Why did you want this tomorrow and not today?
In post 9545, Thanos wrote:Who's townreading N&M and why?
I was/am. I remember liking their early game and then I started to sour when they were lurking. I was against flipping them the other day b/c I had forgotten about Gamma's claim but Jinglescum prob means they are town anyways.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9621 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9601, Formerfish wrote:
How would killing PP throw shade on you?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9622 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, there really wasn't much to catch up on so I longer feel bad about being busy this weekend.

I'm not really understanding why there's talk of lynching Pofii so someone needs to explain that to me real slow.

I don't really like how Jingle was trying hard as F to lynch N+M and now claiming he's town.

Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9623 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:56 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 9622, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not really understanding why there's talk of lynching Pofii so someone needs to explain that to me real slow.
Where were you when the mechanical 1v1 between Profii and BEF happened? Like it's right in this page, post - thoughts?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9624 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So, TLK had fruit but both Profii and BEF denied giving him fruit so Jingle is saying that he's lying at least that's how I read it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”