Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

I think you mean with 11 votes, it takes 6 to lynch, unless we are lynching Mastina in which case it takes 7 votes? If I understand the rules correctly?

Also, hi everyone!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

contentless bah post
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:45 am

Oh but there are 12 people, so 7 votes are needed. Nvm
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

I was targeted by something last night. Also, I targeted Gamma Emerald with an ability with an unknown, but likely negative, effect; the effect hinted at being worse if Gamma fit certain characteristics, which I'm not going to share, but I believed it could be fatal if they fit those characteristica.

With regards to the kills, I don't actually have any idea which one(s) would have been scum. Severa was likely getting lynched today, and there are two miller claims, and toog let everyone know they died if breathed upon...so yeah. I guess ank was largely townread and active, so most likely scum kill? Thoughts?

@mastina: reevaluate?

-Yukiteru
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:46 am

Post by Near x Mello »

toog died by getting targeted
single suicided
ank is the scum kill
severa is probably a vig shot

~Near
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:47 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 3150, SuperfluousNinja wrote:I think you mean with 11 votes, it takes 6 to lynch, unless we are lynching Mastina in which case it takes 7 votes? If I understand the rules correctly?

Also, hi everyone!
Typo! Your assumption is already correct. 11 votes, 6 to lynch (mastina gets +1 so it's 7 for her).
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:49 am

Post by Near x Mello »

scumpool continues being {SN, Elena, RP} though i might be tempted to consider mastina as well

Not likely to lynch anyone else

~Near
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 am

Post by singletonking »

bah
On indefinite hiatus from playing Mafia.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:53 am

Ok so anyway, let me give you more of an actual introduction....

The only player I know here is Almost50 who I played with a few months ago. Otherwise the rest of you probably don’t know me and I don’t know you. Personally I don’t view this as a problem because I give 0 shits about meta and any meta-analysis. My reads are always entirely based on the situation and the motivations behind them. In fact it always amuses me to no end when people freely hand out playbooks to the scum team when they openly discuss “behavior X is towny of him and behavior Y is scummy”. So don’t count on me participating in any meta analysis here.

I have a few gut reactions but keep in mind that I didn’t officially inherit this role until late-ish last night and have only had about 2 hours to read up on over 3000 posts. My reads will come eventually. It does also help simply to get involved so I’m hoping to poke my head in a lot during these first few real-life days to get a better sense of you all.

Finally, anime is just an excuse for adults to keep watching cartoons and I don’t know a damn thing about anime. Shoot me.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3158, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Finally, anime is just an excuse for adults to keep watching cartoons and I don’t know a damn thing about anime. Shoot me.
VOTE: sn

~Near
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:05 am

Post by Torque »

In post 3154, Near x Mello wrote:toog died by getting targeted
single suicided
ank is the scum kill
severa is probably a vig shot

~Near
uh probably true

I came into the day wanting to lynch the two no voters yesterday. maybe need to re-evaluate with flips

I flaked for two days to prep for a midterm and was pretty tilted by the lynch but i tilted in the channel so its ok
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:06 am

Post by Torque »

sn wrote:Finally, anime is just an excuse for adults to keep watching cartoons
Not wrong!
VOTE: SN
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:17 am

Can I ask a stupid question? In a game where our roles seem almost impossible to define by a single word, why are we taking a claim such as “miller” at face value?

Likewise, the name fails me, but Andy Samberg guy pretty awkwardly jumped onto this roleclaim at the start also. The facts that 1) he did it at all 2) that he did it very awkwardly seems...suspicious. With such diverse roles, they’re just millers and that’s pretty much it? Maybe there is more discussion on this?

It makes me slightly scumread the first roleclaim and even moreso scumspect the second roleclaim.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:19 am

In post 9, BNL wrote:
I am a miller

VOTE: Dunnstral
In post 10, Clemency wrote:oh yeah same btw
In post 12, BNL wrote:Are you claiming miller?
In post 13, Clemency wrote:yis
Something here just doesn’t feel right.

YES IM GOING BACK LIKE THREE WEEKS IM CATCHING UP GDI
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:20 am

Post by Near x Mello »

Both of these slots just flipped town.

~Near
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:23 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

I still suspect RP, as it happens.
Alt of Plumber
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:23 am

Ugh fuck me
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Torque »

ah you know what
UNVOTE:
let this guy talk first
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:39 am

In post 3153, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:I was targeted by something last night. Also, I targeted Gamma Emerald with an ability with an unknown, but likely negative, effect; the effect hinted at being worse if Gamma fit certain characteristics, which I'm not going to share, but I believed it could be fatal if they fit those characteristica.

With regards to the kills, I don't actually have any idea which one(s) would have been scum. Severa was likely getting lynched today, and there are two miller claims, and toog let everyone know they died if breathed upon...so yeah. I guess ank was largely townread and active, so most likely scum kill? Thoughts?

-Yukiteru
I don’t know the context of Toog telling everyone this, but if it’s true then it must stand to reason that scum targeted him N2 to get an easy kill. It’s odd because this feels so obvious that I would have heavily suspected him to be scum for trying to say “if you target me, you’ll die!” If anything, my conclusion here would be that any actions happening to townies are more likely to be from town than from scum since a non-killing scum action was likely consumed in an effort to kill Toog.
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:41 am

Also

VOTE: Reasonably Psychotic

Mostly because my gut reaction to everything he has said has been that he’s making an effort to take control of the conversation and dictate what ought to be discussed. His approach doesn’t feel as inquisitive and open-minded as I’d expect a town to have.
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:44 am

In post 3169, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Also

VOTE: Reasonably Psychotic

Mostly because my gut reaction to everything he has said has been that he’s making an effort to take control of the conversation and dictate what ought to be discussed. His approach doesn’t feel as inquisitive and open-minded as I’d expect a town to have.
O.o

Maybe you should go read the rest of the game to figure out how much work I'm doing to "take control" of the conversation. :P (Hint: This is my laziest game in quite some time)

Interesting that the first vote placed by someone who claims to have no idea about the game state is on a slot that has a decent chance of being the alternative to their own wagon.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Near x Mello »

VOTE: rp

~Near
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:48 am

In post 3168, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3153, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:I was targeted by something last night. Also, I targeted Gamma Emerald with an ability with an unknown, but likely negative, effect; the effect hinted at being worse if Gamma fit certain characteristics, which I'm not going to share, but I believed it could be fatal if they fit those characteristica.

-Yukiteru
I don’t know the context of Toog telling everyone this, but if it’s true then it must stand to reason that scum targeted him N2 to get an easy kill. It’s odd because this feels so obvious that I would have heavily suspected him to be scum for trying to say “if you target me, you’ll die!” If anything, my conclusion here would be that any actions happening to townies are more likely to be from town than from scum since a non-killing scum action was likely consumed in an effort to kill Toog.
There were NUMEROUS people who said they would be targeting toogeloo to ensure they died. It's a fair assumption that scum, if they had a targeting ability, would have targeted Toog; it's also a fair assumption that town also targeted Toog; it's ALSO possible that scum just didn't bother because they knew Mastina/others who said they'd target Toog were town and they could trust them to do it for them.

If someone has a watcher result on Toog last night, it's likely worth sharing to give us another pool to look at, but I wouldn't view it as particularly conclusive.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:53 am

In post 3168, SuperfluousNinja wrote:

-Yukiteru
I don’t know the context of Toog telling everyone this, but if it’s true then it must stand to reason that scum targeted him N2 to get an easy kill. It’s odd because this feels so obvious that I would have heavily suspected him to be scum for trying to say “if you target me,
I’LL
die!” If anything, my conclusion here would be that any actions happening to townies are more likely to be from town than from scum since a non-killing scum action was likely consumed in an effort to kill Toog.
Fixed.

If you’re wondering why I am analyzing what a confirmed town said, it’s because I feel like I’m missing something here. His claim makes no sense without context, so I have to believe that he was trying to possibly bait someone or make some sort of play. Plus I’m curious to know who else had similar thoughts I had....

I guess I will ISO and figure this out, but can someone talk to me about this? What was his reason for revealing something that was clearly just going to get him killed? I tend to think that anyone who was indifferent to his claim could in fact be quite scummy...
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:56 am

Actually, I think I'm currently problynched today, if Mastina hasn't raised me out of her PoE by this time.

NxM
SN
Gamma
Mastina
Torque
+any scum that might be outside of this pool of people

+almost nobody who I can think of who actually has been stating much of a townread on me.

FYI, don't be expecting anything resembling defense or tryhard scumhunting for the next...36 hours? Tomorrow night after work I'll be able to actually focus on this game.
-Yukiteru

pedit: Unless someone claimed something to Toog in a PT(people who were in a PT with them, anything?), my only thought is they were hoping to be watched and generate a PoE pool for us to work off us. I see literally no other possible town benefit to their play.
you
do for pillow talk?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”