profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9725 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 am

Post by profii »

In post 9722, Nero Cain wrote:his gifts he gets some kinda of prize. Sorry
nah it goes to another contestant so not me, I've no idea what happened - some people are speculating it was the day vig ability but that doesn't fit with me distributing my 3x inventions - we can verify when Una got Ascetic (night 3) which was after the day vig went out (start of day 3)
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9726 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:13 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9721, profii wrote:Also just to note - my prize went to a contestant AFTER I gave out 3 inventions - so presumably on day 4 - the thing that the scum got to do DrewVa with appeared day 3.
Can you expand on this a bit more?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9727 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 am

Post by profii »

what do you want to know
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9728 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:16 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9722, Nero Cain wrote:How dare I ask questions about something I don't understand! Just follow the hive mind. Not like anything bad has ever happened when one blindly follows another.

Jingle is basically saying "we don't know how TLK got sticky fruit, so lets lynch Profii." but was doing a kinda shit job of explaining that.
In post 9675, Nev and Max wrote:Bro. This was a huge thing. Have you not been keeping up at all?
Yes, but I didn't remember that whole Profii claiming that once he uses his gifts he gets some kinda of prize. Sorry?
I'm not shitting on you for asking a question. I'm shitting on you for the questions you're asking. They are showing almost no knowledge of some pretty high level events in the game, which is something that is going to concern me.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9729 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:20 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9726, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9721, profii wrote:Also just to note - my prize went to a contestant AFTER I gave out 3 inventions - so presumably on day 4 - the thing that the scum got to do DrewVa with appeared day 3.
Can you expand on this a bit more?
In post 9727, profii wrote:what do you want to know
"The thing that the scum got to do Drewva with appeared on day 3."

I want you to use more words formed into sentences to further explain what you meant by the words you previously used to try and make a point.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9730 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9728, Nev and Max wrote:They are showing almost no knowledge of some pretty high level events in the game,
The only "event" that happened was that TLK got fruit. I'll admit to not knowing/remembering that he claimed to have sent it to PP and that I didn't remember the details of Proffi's claim. Why is it so important that I remember small details?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9731 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:57 am

Post by profii »

In post 4563, the worst wrote:
Hey Boon, I heard some rumours that those conspirators might have some kind of vigilante justice plan which could preemptively end a day phase.

After those bodies showed up, I called in that favour from your contact at the feds. He's gonna do some digging without kicking up too much fuss.

Let's not tell the rest of the contestants for now - maybe they haven't realised anything's wrong yet. I'd hate to scare them.
This happened on Day 3

I did not finish giving out my prizes until Night 3

ergo, I don't think this was to do with me.

also, this was quoted when DrewVa died, so as it appears to be some kind of day vig power that killed Drewva I draw back to : I don't think it was to do with my role PM.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9732 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:59 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I mean...mechanically solving the game SHOULD BE the way to achieve more accurate lynches.
Somehow we have managed to do the opposite. :lol:

I'm thinking that tonereading/associations+VCA is surprisingly the more accurate way.
This game not having much of a VCA-material to work with AND the last few gamedays being all about "trying" to solve the game based on results/claims/fakeclaims has landed us with very little to use for associations.

I'm thinking about doing a "last hurrah" in terms of reading the first two gamedays and trying to dig something up from there.
Something NOT related to claims or results.

I would very much appreciate if we didn't end the day with haste just because someone (again) thinks we have a conf.scum somewhere.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9733 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:01 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

^^and just to be clear: I'm not sassing/blaming anyone.
I'm not in any position to do so.
But I'm very much unmotivated by this game simply because we have devolved to a level of "nothing but mechanics"..which would be fine, mind you, if it hadn't landed us all these green flips in a row. :]
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9734 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9730, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9728, Nev and Max wrote:They are showing almost no knowledge of some pretty high level events in the game,
The only "event" that happened was that TLK got fruit. I'll admit to not knowing/remembering that he claimed to have sent it to PP and that I didn't remember the details of Proffi's claim. Why is it so important that I remember small details?
These aren't small details...
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9735 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 9731, profii wrote:
In post 4563, the worst wrote:
Hey Boon, I heard some rumours that those conspirators might have some kind of vigilante justice plan which could preemptively end a day phase.

After those bodies showed up, I called in that favour from your contact at the feds. He's gonna do some digging without kicking up too much fuss.

Let's not tell the rest of the contestants for now - maybe they haven't realised anything's wrong yet. I'd hate to scare them.
This happened on Day 3

I did not finish giving out my prizes until Night 3

ergo, I don't think this was to do with me.

also, this was quoted when DrewVa died, so as it appears to be some kind of day vig power that killed Drewva I draw back to : I don't think it was to do with my role PM.
I'm saying that I don't believe your claimed role as an inventor. The fact that your prizes are the exact prizes given in the boonus round is my biggest arrow towards that.

I think that you used the boonus round prizes you and the other scum members gained from your rounds to make up a role that would obfuscate what you really are.

If the vig didn't come from you then where is your extra prize? Why would you push to have that be released when there were antitown modifiers you would have to give out and there was no guarantee that town would get that extra prize?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9736 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:57 am

Post by davesaz »

Ditto
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9737 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:02 am

Post by profii »

oic.

I know I did claim to be awesome and Nostradamus but how exactly did I claim my role and the exact inventions I can give @ the end of day 1, before we even knew what a boonus round would entail

then somehow managed to orchestrate me/my scum buddies into various boonus rounds and manage to give out prizes without being caught out via mass claim?

I guess I like a gamble - I think I had balanced modifiers - loyal obviously was pro town, ascetic is rubbish and loud helps us verify a power role if it worked but could also out them so that one is in the middle. I figured the prize would be good if I had to wait at least 3 days.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9738 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:03 am

Post by profii »

and I don't know what the extra prize is so I have no idea where it is - maybe someone didn't claim it yet idk.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #9739 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Jingle »

FWIW, I explicitly believe profii is an inventor.

This is Jingle, waiting for ya'll to be ready.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #9740 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9720, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 9716, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't recall where I've done it earlier and I apologize for any past instances. This time however I'm actually trying to figure shit out so you not getting things that I feel are pretty clear kinda frustrates me.
Maybe take a step back and realize you aren't being as clear as you think. I've been referring to the extra prize given by profii as an extra prize, when you called it the good thing in a post by itself I didn't know what you meant. I didn't get the question about creature and I asked. Your posts didn't explain anything of what you were saying. And I could post where you've done this prior, but I'm not sure it matters yet.

I wasnt being nasty to you, so I'm not sure why you react to someone asking you to clarify something the way you did.
I know you weren't being nasty but I hate having to repeat myself. I do it enough irl. As for how clear I'm being I need to review what I said again but I think you just aren't grasping my aims here.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9741 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also I got my response from Boon and he mentioned that the big could be factional and he was kinda adamant about it I think? So I'm rolling with that.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9742 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9721, profii wrote:Just to clarify - the SF specifically says it was allowed to be moved on at the same time as your role, bit like a mini multi tasking ability

Also just to note - my prize went to a contestant AFTER I gave out 3 inventions - so presumably on day 4 - the thing that the scum got to do DrewVa with appeared day 3.
And this changes everything. I thought profii got to keep the good thing. Now I'm very lost.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9743 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 9725, profii wrote:
nah it goes to another contestant so not me, I've no idea what happened - some people are speculating it was the day vig ability but that doesn't fit with me distributing my 3x inventions - we can verify when Una got Ascetic (night 3) which was after the day vig went out (start of day 3)
How do you KNOW when the dayvig went out?
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9744 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What all did you ask Boon?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9745 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I asked what would allow scum to have a vig power
<Embrace The Void>

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9746 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Post by profii »

In post 9743, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 9725, profii wrote:
How do you KNOW when the dayvig went out?
I am basing it on the timing of TW's post.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9747 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:14 pm

Post by profii »

Going Germany until Sunday, VLA.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #9748 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

that is wild and unhelpful speculation
either its a factional ability like gamma says
or a scum has a dayvig ability
which could only be profii
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #9749 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Xtoxm »

the flipped town boon bank and variant role are reasons to suspect profiis variant role is scum aligned
altho this is weak reasoning

i'll make an open request to town
or scum that wants to lamist
i could use a charge
i'll reiterate that my only action this game has been on elsa n3
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”