Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:57 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 3172, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:There were NUMEROUS people who said they would be targeting toogeloo to ensure they died. It's a fair assumption that scum, if they had a targeting ability, would have targeted Toog; it's also a fair assumption that town also targeted Toog; it's ALSO possible that scum just didn't bother because they knew Mastina/others who said they'd target Toog were town and they could trust them to do it for them.

If someone has a watcher result on Toog last night, it's likely worth sharing to give us another pool to look at, but I wouldn't view it as particularly conclusive.

-Yukiteru
Why would town want him dead? Was he on a lot of scumdars?
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Torque »

@RP

mastina and myself aren't touching you, I think
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:00 am

Also, can someone please make the case against my slot? Do you have anything other than activity level which is IMO a very poor metric of scumminess? I tend to think that scum is always very eager to jump on the low activity slots as easy pickings. I don’t at all underestimate anyone’s ability to play a strong scum game and fool everyone, enough so that it’s too obvious to simply pick on slots like mine.
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Reasonably Psychotic »

In post 3177, SuperfluousNinja wrote:Also, can someone please make the case against my slot? Do you have anything other than activity level which is IMO a very poor metric of scumminess? I tend to think that scum is always very eager to jump on the low activity slots as easy pickings. I don’t at all underestimate anyone’s ability to play a strong scum game and fool everyone, enough so that it’s too obvious to simply pick on slots like mine.
I don't think there really is one(likely the only reason why S&J was lynched over you, once people started moving away from Severa/the FL slot(other than Severa's own push, of course)); I believe there was some concern about your predecessors entrance(the person you immediately replaced, not the person they replaced), but beyond that...nope.

At least, not anything compelling enough that I bothered keeping it in mind.

-Yukiteru
Hydra of Amzela(Yuno) and Cerberus v666(Yukiteru)
Couple extraordinaire. What do
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Near x Mello »

I had made some points against robert (original holder of your slot) but its not something you can address so its not relevant

~Near
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:29 am

Post by Near x Mello »

Toog claimed n2 pgo in ch5 so he was probably going for wifoming the scum or something

its not really important. Its better that he died as many people scumread him.

~Near
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3176, Torque wrote:@RP

mastina and myself aren't touching you, I think
Why is RP town?

~Near
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:36 am

I'm pretty sure you've given less reason for why I'm scum than anyone else has given for why I'm town.

JS.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Near x Mello »

i dont give reasons and you know it

~Near
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:42 am

In post 3183, Near x Mello wrote:i dont give reasons and you know it

~Near
I do.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of requiring reasons from others for their positions, while giving none for your own.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Near x Mello »

your just trying to discredit me, thats what youre doing

~Near
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:48 am

In post 3185, Near x Mello wrote:your just trying to discredit me, thats what youre doing

~Near
I don't need to discredit you, you are perfectly capable of doing that yourself.

Also...historically, I don't discredit people in thread as scum.

I discredit them by letting them mislynch people.

Self-meta is meaningless, but yeah.

Anyways.

Back to work.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Near x Mello »

^subtly saying "this guy was wrong on severa, you shouldn't listen"

~Near
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:08 am

I want to go back to this whole Toog thing. I need to read up on how this went down, but if I understand this correctly, at some point he freely told everyone that his role is such that if he gets targeted N2, he will die.

I legitimately do not understand why any townie would use a night action on him to kill him. Consider the two scenarios:

If a town player thinks he really is town, then why would this player want to kill town? Furthermore, why would this player want to waste his ability which is almost certainly much more than “Target a player so you can trigger some effect he may have”?

If a town player had any suspicions at all and thought he might NOT be town, then you would have to believe that a scum player, whose primary goal in this game is to stay alive, openly told everyone exactly how to kill him without even needing to lynch him. Furthermore, you would have to trust that there was no twist in killing him by targeting him to kill him, and it ought to be obvious that the only reason a scum would want to be targeted by a night action would be if he had an ability that allowed him to mess up whoever targeted him. In short, if he’s scum, logic would dictate that it’s a trap.

So I am highly suspicious of anyone who claims to be town and targeted him last night, as well as highly suspicious of anyone who thought what happened here was NBD and not worth discussing. I.E. the guy I’m currently voting for.
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

I have words to say, words that won't be pleasant, so I think I will just meme for today.
Alt of Plumber
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:22 am

In post 3187, Near x Mello wrote:^subtly saying "this guy was wrong on severa, you shouldn't listen"

~Near
Naw. If it seemed likely that Severa was a scum kill, then that's a really good point, but otherwise...not so much. Of course, in that scenario you'd have to ignore the fact that scum!me is actually way better at this game than town me, and everything that implies.
In post 3188, SuperfluousNinja wrote:I want to go back to this whole Toog thing. I need to read up on how this went down, but if I understand this correctly, at some point he freely told everyone that his role is such that if he gets targeted N2, he will die.

I legitimately do not understand why any townie would use a night action on him to kill him. Consider the two scenarios:

If a town player thinks he really is town, then why would this player want to kill town? Furthermore, why would this player want to waste his ability which is almost certainly much more than “Target a player so you can trigger some effect he may have”?

If a town player had any suspicions at all and thought he might NOT be town, then you would have to believe that a scum player, whose primary goal in this game is to stay alive, openly told everyone exactly how to kill him without even needing to lynch him. Furthermore, you would have to trust that there was no twist in killing him by targeting him to kill him, and it ought to be obvious that the only reason a scum would want to be targeted by a night action would be if he had an ability that allowed him to mess up whoever targeted him. In short, if he’s scum, logic would dictate that it’s a trap.

So I am highly suspicious of anyone who claims to be town and targeted him last night, as well as highly suspicious of anyone who thought what happened here was NBD and not worth discussing. I.E. the guy I’m currently voting for.
Check Mastina's ISO on the reasoning for targeting Toog; essentially in her PoE(and others) they had a decent chance of being scum, and were likely to be lynched, so more efficient to target them and remove them at night if they were a mislynch just waiting ot happen; if they were scum and lying, then caught scum. It was basically viewed as any action on them was a shot that would confirm them as scum or kill them, with killing them being something that would happen via lynch at some point.

It is, however, a bit weird that nobody(including myself, but I give myself a pass for not really paying attention) actually questioned why scum would make a statement that guaranteed their lynch on D3 if still alive. Nobody even really mentioned that it could be a wifom thing...so yeah.

You are welcome to, in the course of reading the game, find the people who were planning on targeting Toog.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:31 am

In post 3180, Near x Mello wrote:Toog claimed n2 pgo in ch5 so he was probably going for wifoming the scum or something

~Near
Also..

The guy who thought it was 'NBD' is the one I just quoted, not me? I laid out the background for the situation, and took no position on other than not viewing a watcher pool as conclusive given the many people who had said they were suspicious of toog and would be targeting him.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:33 am

In post 1025, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1024, mastina wrote:Actually, that'd be N3
I meant more in the sense that N2 is a bit of a drastic night.

For example, on Night 2 for me, if anyone targets me for any reason, I die. But only on Night 2.
So here is that post.

There were initial reactions of “he must be town if he’s doing this” from Dunnstral, Severa, and ugh I forgot name but she died N2 and is confirmed town. The scenario of him being scum seems much more preposterous so I give credit to Dunnstral for making the right conclusion. He slides up as townie in my book.

Spike / Jet’s reaction was pretty blasé and skeptical which doesn’t feel like a genuine reaction to me. It’s a really awful gambit for scum. Especially on day 2, of a large game! This ought to be obvious for any townie...
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:35 am

In post 3191, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 3180, Near x Mello wrote:Toog claimed n2 pgo in ch5 so he was probably going for wifoming the scum or something

~Near
Also..

The guy who thought it was 'NBD' is the one I just quoted, not me? I laid out the background for the situation, and took no position on other than not viewing a watcher pool as conclusive given the many people who had said they were suspicious of toog and would be targeting him.

-Yukiteru
If Mastina is the one that promoted this idea, then yes, that makes me very suspicious of Mastina.

I just think the logic clearly demonstrates that anyone who targeted him would have to be scum and that there is clearly quite a bit to learn here. I didn’t get the impression that you wanted this closer look.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Near x Mello »

i dont agree with you. Town could have easily targeted toog

Scum most likely didnt because they wouldn't risk toog being a pgo

~Near
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Near x Mello »

also spike & jet are also flipped and town

so far youve been 0/3

~Near
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:42 am

In post 3193, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3191, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:

~Near
Also..

-Yukiteru
If Mastina is the one that promoted this idea, then yes, that makes me very suspicious of Mastina.

I just think the logic clearly demonstrates that anyone who targeted him would have to be scum and that there is clearly quite a bit to learn here. I didn’t get the impression that you wanted this closer look.
SN, you don't know me.

I want a closer look at everything, all the time, regardless of alignment.

At some point, when points have been discussed forever, I might tell people that they should move their focus to another thing, but that's like...after days and hundreds of posts. The entire way I play and scumhunt is based on taking closer looks at things and finding tiny details that don't fit in with the narratives people are weaving, and pushing those things.

It *IS* a pretty grievous failing on the part of everyone, including myself, to not conclude that Toog made more sense as town than scum because their action guaranteed their lynch on D3 if scum. However, you don't like meta; that makes me unsure how you're going to use this information to scumhunt. Without essential BoP arguments against people, what are you looking for, and how are you determining what's scum motivated play versus dumb town...given that almost nobody actually concluded that Toog was probtown due to their claim/pressured people who disagreed with that conclusion.

Most of those people who didn't act are town, by definition. What differentiates the scum from the town?

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Reasonably Psychotic
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Reasonably Psychotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:42 am

In post 3195, Near x Mello wrote:also spike & jet are also flipped and town

so far youve been 0/3

~Near
AND YET YOU'RE VOTING THE SAME PERSON AS THEM.

-Yukiteru
you
do for pillow talk?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3196, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:almost nobody actually concluded that Toog was probtown
speak for yourself

how many times did i say toog is town?

~Near
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3197, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 3195, Near x Mello wrote:also spike & jet are also flipped and town

so far youve been 0/3

~Near
AND YET YOU'RE VOTING THE SAME PERSON AS THEM.

-Yukiteru
wtf is your point?

~Near

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”