Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3161, Torque wrote:
sn wrote:Finally, anime is just an excuse for adults to keep watching cartoons
Not wrong!
VOTE: SN
Yeah uh why are you voting there then?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3168, SuperfluousNinja wrote:
In post 3153, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:I was targeted by something last night. Also, I targeted Gamma Emerald with an ability with an unknown, but likely negative, effect; the effect hinted at being worse if Gamma fit certain characteristics, which I'm not going to share, but I believed it could be fatal if they fit those characteristica.

With regards to the kills, I don't actually have any idea which one(s) would have been scum. Severa was likely getting lynched today, and there are two miller claims, and toog let everyone know they died if breathed upon...so yeah. I guess ank was largely townread and active, so most likely scum kill? Thoughts?

@mastina: reevaluate?

-Yukiteru
I don’t know the context of Toog telling everyone this, but if it’s true then it must stand to reason that scum targeted him N2 to get an easy kill. It’s odd because this feels so obvious that I would have heavily suspected him to be scum for trying to say “if you target me, you’ll die!” If anything, my conclusion here would be that any actions happening to townies are more likely to be from town than from scum since a non-killing scum action was likely consumed in an effort to kill Toog.
That's not what Toog claimed, AT ALL.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like SN is getting so much shit wrong here
<Embrace The Void>

Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

page reminder that scumteam is mastina/rp/elena

everyone else is town

~Near
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3183, Near x Mello wrote:i dont give reasons and you know it

~Near
Weren't you being helpful and giving reasons earlier, and stk called you out about that?
<Embrace The Void>

Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

we're way past that

~Near
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3195, Near x Mello wrote:also spike & jet are also flipped and town

so far youve been 0/3

~Near
Do you think the constant lack of information on SN's part makes them town? I noticed they're not in your scumreads rn.
In fact your scumpool looks remarkably different than from yesterday, explain.
<Embrace The Void>

Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

yes sn posts and the fact both mastina and rp are pushing them for shit reasons have made rp a townread

My reads are the same as yesterday + mastina

~Near
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3307, Near x Mello wrote:have made rp a townread
sn*
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3228, mastina wrote:
In post 3196, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:It *IS* a pretty grievous failing on the part of everyone, including myself, to not conclude that Toog made more sense as town than scum because their action guaranteed their lynch on D3 if scum.
Yeah no.
Toogeloo regardless of alignment was going to claim he was going to die N2 if targeted.

With him having a role that died N2 if targeted.
As scum.
He would need to tell people this fact.

He would need to tell people this fact, because if he didn't want to die, he needed this information to be public. Because the chances he'd be targeted N2 were quite high.

Toogeloo fakeclaimed as town, possible but punishable by lynch.
Toogeloo fakeclaimed as scum, possible but punishable by lynch.
Toogeloo realclaimed as town, what happened, and deserving of being tested.
Toogeloo realclaimed as scum, possible, and deserving of being tested.

Those were the only four options.
Option #2 was less likely, sure.
But option #4 wasn't. Don't pretend it was just because Toogeloo did in fact flip town.
There's no universe where a scum Toogeloo WOULDN'T claim that role when possessing it.
So don't pretend there was.
This makes a lot of sense. It seems most people get something crucial N2, so that would have been a night you'd be likely targeted by something.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3307, Near x Mello wrote:yes sn posts and the fact both mastina and rp are pushing them for shit reasons have made rp a townread

My reads are the same as yesterday + mastina

~Near
Really? What happened to you suspecting me?
<Embrace The Void>

Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

i have long since changed my mind

it feels like you skipped a lot of posts yesterday

~Near
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3240, mastina wrote:
In post 3222, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:I was noting what NxM is, that part of your PoE pool has been established as town, and asking if you were going to reevaluate said pool/what changes you were making.
The POE pool was always comprised of more players than there were going to be scum.

That guaranteed that there were town within the poe pool.

It's a given that players being town within the poe pool, then, wouldn't, in of itself, cause me to reevaluate the pool.

However, in tandem with the players who died, having died--I owe it to them to do so.

But that'll take time I don't have right now.

SuperfluousNinja stays in the poe pool regardless; I can tell you that now. Severa's townread there was dependent on Spike and Jet being scum; they were not. Ankamius prior to sheeping Severa supported the lynch on SuperfluousNinja, as far as I can tell. Unless the neighborhood with them tells me that one/both of them townread the slot during the night, I don't have reason off of faith-trusting them not to keep pursuing this read, because the read has a SOLID basis to it.

Robert's posting indicated scum; Robert's flake indicated scum; ooba's flake indicated scum; SuperfluousNinja's posting indicates scum.

I realize that there are more scum in the game than SuperfluousNinja--and I realize that I need to reevaluate the poe pool to narrow it down on who those would be. But I need time to go over things, in particular, reads like Almost50. Ankamius who I trust last I knew told me he wasn't scum, but Severa last I knew was saying he was scum; Almost50's Not Voting status I found incredibly suspect, in tandem with him having been in my POE pool, so what that read comes down to, basically, is whether I trust Ankamius or trust Severa plus myself.

As just one example of a read I need to investigate more. I don't have that kind of time today; I'll have it within half a week.
Last I remember I was town reading A50 and I feel like I'm better at that than the people you're referring to so...

@NxM: I have never skipped a post this game. I thought I'd skipped some during D1, but I hadn't. Nice try though.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And in that case when did you change your mind exactly? I recall you saying close to EoD2 I was scum. Any channels you can back up your statements through?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3247, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 3238, Torque wrote:
In post 3190, Reasonably Psychotic wrote:
In post 3187, Near x Mello wrote:^subtly saying "this guy was wrong on severa, you shouldn't listen"

~Near
Naw. If it seemed likely that Severa was a scum kill, then that's a really good point, but otherwise...not so much. Of course, in that scenario you'd have to ignore the fact that scum!me is actually way better at this game than town me, and everything that implies.
In post 3188, SuperfluousNinja wrote:I want to go back to this whole Toog thing. I need to read up on how this went down, but if I understand this correctly, at some point he freely told everyone that his role is such that if he gets targeted N2, he will die.

I legitimately do not understand why any townie would use a night action on him to kill him. Consider the two scenarios:

If a town player thinks he really is town, then why would this player want to kill town? Furthermore, why would this player want to waste his ability which is almost certainly much more than “Target a player so you can trigger some effect he may have”?

If a town player had any suspicions at all and thought he might NOT be town, then you would have to believe that a scum player, whose primary goal in this game is to stay alive, openly told everyone exactly how to kill him without even needing to lynch him. Furthermore, you would have to trust that there was no twist in killing him by targeting him to kill him, and it ought to be obvious that the only reason a scum would want to be targeted by a night action would be if he had an ability that allowed him to mess up whoever targeted him. In short, if he’s scum, logic would dictate that it’s a trap.

So I am highly suspicious of anyone who claims to be town and targeted him last night, as well as highly suspicious of anyone who thought what happened here was NBD and not worth discussing. I.E. the guy I’m currently voting for.
Check Mastina's ISO on the reasoning for targeting Toog; essentially in her PoE(and others) they had a decent chance of being scum, and were likely to be lynched, so more efficient to target them and remove them at night if they were a mislynch just waiting ot happen; if they were scum and lying, then caught scum. It was basically viewed as any action on them was a shot that would confirm them as scum or kill them, with killing them being something that would happen via lynch at some point.

It is, however, a bit weird that nobody(including myself, but I give myself a pass for not really paying attention) actually questioned why scum would make a statement that guaranteed their lynch on D3 if still alive. Nobody even really mentioned that it could be a wifom thing...so yeah.

You are welcome to, in the course of reading the game, find the people who were planning on targeting Toog.

-Yukiteru
For what its worth, I warned people in my channel that if Toog is a wolf then he's a PGO
Did you also visit him? sorry if you mention it already
I did not. I considered it, but given that my action last night had an unknown but likely negative effect, with the possibility of being fatal, I did not want to mess with the process of determining if their death came about because of my ability or their own role, as well as still finding it reasonably likely that Gamma was scum. I also considered targeting the Robert slot, but given the mod's search for a replacement, if my role were to say block them instead of killing them, I wanted that effect to not be wasted on someone who may not have actually acted simply by virtue of not being a filled slot.

-Yukiteru
Why were you scumreading me?
<Embrace The Void>

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2455, Near x Mello wrote:i think mastina was maybe right on rp after all

I dont like their absence here

~Near
In post 2470, Near x Mello wrote:i think its actually fl/robert/rp

what are your thoughts on rp? @elena

~Near
In post 3096, Near x Mello wrote:
Severa
, single, Ank, Dunn, Gamma, NxM, Pink Ball,
Elena
, Toog

and these two are the bussing votes
In post 3097, Near x Mello wrote:nah scratch elena actually
i forgot shes not likely scum with flslot
In post 3114, Near x Mello wrote:if creature is town i was right the first time and its rc/ooba

but with all signs pointing to bussing im pretty sure this is rc/creature
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

oops there comes the hydra slip.

~Near
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3268, Torque wrote:@Mastina

a townblock of Joan/Maybe Pink Ball/Dunn/RP/Chito & Yuuri/You/Me effective for today, yes/no
>50% of the living players, what? Sounds like you're orchestrating a pre-emptive mob to crack down on whomever you like.
<Embrace The Void>

Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

eod2 was rc/ooba/rp

With rc flipping town that became ooba/rp/elena with mastina as a possibility but Elena+ooba didnt quite fit

and now im at mastina/rp/elena which fits perfectly

~Near
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3315, Wisdom wrote:
In post 2455, Near x Mello wrote:i think mastina was maybe right on rp after all

I dont like their absence here

~Near
In post 2470, Near x Mello wrote:i think its actually fl/robert/rp

what are your thoughts on rp? @elena

~Near
In post 3096, Near x Mello wrote:
Severa
, single, Ank, Dunn, Gamma, NxM, Pink Ball,
Elena
, Toog

and these two are the bussing votes
In post 3097, Near x Mello wrote:nah scratch elena actually
i forgot shes not likely scum with flslot
In post 3114, Near x Mello wrote:if creature is town i was right the first time and its rc/ooba

but with all signs pointing to bussing im pretty sure this is rc/creature
I see. And that actually seems to match what you're expounding currently, so points for consistency.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3318, Near x Mello wrote:eod2 was rc/ooba/rp

With rc flipping town that became ooba/rp/elena with mastina as a possibility but Elena+ooba didnt quite fit

and now im at mastina/rp/elena which fits perfectly

~Near
Yep already figured this out
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Tbh I want RP to explain what the hell sort of negative thing they targeted me with
<Embrace The Void>

Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Torque »

Gamma what does your scumpool look like
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by Torque »

In post 3317, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3268, Torque wrote:@Mastina

a townblock of Joan/Maybe Pink Ball/Dunn/RP/Chito & Yuuri/You/Me effective for today, yes/no
>50% of the living players, what? Sounds like you're orchestrating a pre-emptive mob to crack down on whomever you like.
I mean you aren't wrong lol I would love to somehow lead a mob and speed lynch wolves
But I'd rather have it be a democracy rather than what you make it sound like
(I told you I have an abnormally large amount of townreads this game)

Are you worried about the mob? I was actually starting to come around on you upon reading your ISO at night
Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by Torque »

Can we please just give the sn slot the death it deserves, please Wisdom

The more I see doubts there the more I just see deja vu of Spike and Jet's lynch

That slot is never going to not be a wagon

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”