Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 971, BuJaber wrote:Like what makes you think it's a town!overkill gambit, not a scum!overkill gambit.
Why is it a scum gambit and not a town one? Going "oh he lied about his role, so he must be scum!" seems incredibly shallow. If both alignments gambit isn't it just null behavior? I do agree with you on the "horribly LAMIST" but eh, sometimes ppl are just full of themselves.

What would help you sort me and RCE?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:30 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Gambits as a general concept can be null. You're ignoring context though. And also avoiding the question. Your read on overkill isn't dependent on his claim Gambit is it?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:33 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 974, BuJaber wrote:Correct, it wasn't directed at you.

Could you explain how it's objectively scummy?
I understand you think it was a safe wagon to sit on, what is not clear is why you've decided that scum would not join the wagon later. There is an obvious motivation for you to do that as scum because then you wouldn't be included in your scum pool.
Basically this. What you presented was like saying, I'm town. I'm on the end of the wagon therefore the end of the wagon is town. Which doesn't compute with me and Bujaber as well it seems.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What context am I avoiding? I'm answering his question with a question if you want to call that avoiding then fin but he's asking me whether I think its a scum gambit or a town gambit and my judgement call is that its more likely to be a town gambit than a scum one just like he's making the same judgment call and calling it a scum gambit.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why aren't you voting anyone?

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Fmpov

Amor, enigma, eyes, Joges is the off wagon pool.
Creature, Profii, Stanley, overkill, sashaddin would be the on wagon pool.

I townlean sashaddin but that isn't strong enough to put him outside of my Poe

Don't want to sidetrack myself and lose my thoughts so I'll probably jump back and forth from here.

Someone asked why I thought Profii makes the Vedith kill. I feel he has a nose for catching crumbs and softs, that's literally it. Don't know what to think of him from the small sample size.

Nero/overkill is never s/s but I've already forgotten why that came to me in the first place.

Nero I don't think it helps read me but I want to see what you think since you were the one to bring Vedith's claim up. I have a theory but I want to know what you think about the way slots interacted with Vedith before and after the post he claimed in. You can get back to tunneling me after that.
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:27 am

Post by stan1ey »

Buj, why on earth would someone EVER include themself in their scum pool??!?!
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:30 am

Post by stan1ey »

In post 977, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 974, BuJaber wrote:Correct, it wasn't directed at you.

Could you explain how it's objectively scummy?
I understand you think it was a safe wagon to sit on, what is not clear is why you've decided that scum would not join the wagon later. There is an obvious motivation for you to do that as scum because then you wouldn't be included in your scum pool.
Basically this. What you presented was like saying, I'm town. I'm on the end of the wagon therefore the end of the wagon is town. Which doesn't compute with me and Bujaber as well it seems.
I did no such thing, this is a total misrepresentation
VOTE: RCEnigma
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:41 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 975, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 971, BuJaber wrote:Like what makes you think it's a town!overkill gambit, not a scum!overkill gambit.
Why is it a scum gambit and not a town one? Going "oh he lied about his role, so he must be scum!" seems incredibly shallow. If both alignments gambit isn't it just null behavior? I do agree with you on the "horribly LAMIST" but eh, sometimes ppl are just full of themselves.

What would help you sort me and RCE?

Because the gambit helps scum more than town I'm inclined to believe it comes from scum.

I think if he were PR you'd agree with me that he committed suicide, so let's say he's either VT or scum.

If VT, the obvious advantage is to bait the NK. No other advantage. You could say him trying to take himself out of the lynch pool helps increase the odds of lynching scum, but at the same time it increases the odds of lynching or exposing an actual TPR.

If scum, he is trying to avoid getting lynched, distracts the game thread by making the players discuss his claim, could potentially expose PRs who are less likely to believe him, or even try to lynch players who call him out on it.

As for the sorting, this engagement between us 3 is a good start, and also seeing your reactions to other wagons etc. I am less sure of my original assumption that one of you has to be scum. Without a joges flip that was a premature assumption to make.
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:45 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 981, stan1ey wrote:Buj, why on earth would someone EVER include themself in their scum pool??!?!
You're missing the point.

I don't expect you to literally put yourself in the lynch pool. What I'm saying is your wagon analysis happens to townread everyone who falls under the same category as you. If you're town that's just wrong. No reason for scum NOT to join the wagon later. If you're scum though it is a good way to make your own vote look townier.

"
"- Pine
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:57 am

Post by stan1ey »

Not true. I listed who I town read before I did the VCA. I never said I'm town reading those in the same category as me - Profli came after creature, and I even said I was starting to reconsider roster.. I never said there is no reason for scum to join later either, nor did I insinuate it.
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 am

Post by stan1ey »

All I said was there is scum on this wagon, i townread X therefore I think Y probably includes scum - theres nothing wrong with that
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:26 am

Post by BuJaber »

Okay you made me second guess myself and I looked back and I can't find it anymore. I could have sworn you said scum joined the wagon early not late or something to that effect.

"
"- Pine
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:27 am

Post by stan1ey »

I said because of the nature of jibril's play it was a SAFE person for Flippy to vote early
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:28 am

Post by stan1ey »

And I'm right about that - he lurked pretty much all throughout day 1, giving little reasoning on the vote and nobody questioned it
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:29 am

Post by stan1ey »

Ok maybe someone did, i didnt check and i dont remember it ever being a big part of the conversation so my point still stands
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:19 am

Post by RCEnigma »

796-800 was you fos'ing the first three voters, and Profii so 4 of the first 5. Townreading the last 4 voters including yourself. Creature wasn't mention but that's not the point here. 797 was something like 2 scum in the wagon possible 3. I'm assuming you think 2 scum are within the first 3 voters and Profii may be the 3rd.

The only real justification or clarification is that it would have been easy to throw a vote down early in post 800.
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:22 am

Post by stan1ey »

What's your point
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:24 am

Post by stan1ey »

You're basically caught scum rn lmao, you latched onto what Bujaber was saying now he's admitted he made a mistake you're forced to double down since it's too improbable that you both made the same mistake
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:27 am

Post by BuJaber »

Nah stanley is right I read it wrong. He did say he townread x,y,z and scumread a,b,c before he mentioned anything about early voting vs late voting.

He might be at fault for confirmation bias (looking for reasons to solidify his scumread of emperor), but his VCA is not nearly as scummy as I thought it was.

"
"- Pine
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:28 am

Post by stan1ey »

Lmao RCE is caught scum
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:05 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 821, RCEnigma wrote:I'll get around to isoing and reading up after my shift. Initial thoughts are that Stanley is the most suspicious. Immediately points to the early voters without much to base it on. Calling out the number of scum on the wagon pings as weird too, possibly tmi. If Stanley is scum here I think it's probable there's a partner on the back end of the wagon.
This was well before Bujaber prodded further
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:15 am

Post by RCEnigma »

The idea that a hypothetical team of myself, emporer, sashaddin or any combination of the first 4 of 5 voters bulldoze a Lynch on Jibril is just beyond me maybe.

Even if you flip me today, take my reads into consideration and pay attention to the pushes on my slot. 1 between Nero/overkill/Stanley but I doubt it's Nero. If Neros town her hopefully he gets it together.

Incidentally both are also in the wagon Poe so maybe 1 of the 2 with creature or profii.

If Nero flips scum at some point he is never scum with overkill/roster/ or eyes I think. The rest is up for debate.
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:37 am

Post by stan1ey »

In post 996, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 821, RCEnigma wrote:I'll get around to isoing and reading up after my shift. Initial thoughts are that Stanley is the most suspicious. Immediately points to the early voters without much to base it on. Calling out the number of scum on the wagon pings as weird too, possibly tmi. If Stanley is scum here I think it's probable there's a partner on the back end of the wagon.
Alright fair enough
VOTE: flippy
I still think youre mafia
joges
joges
Goon
joges
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 am

Post by joges »

In post 998, stan1ey wrote:
In post 996, RCEnigma wrote:
Alright fair enough
VOTE: flippy
I still think youre mafia
Then why are you unvoting?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”