Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:25 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 3448, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2494, Ankamius wrote:I'm currently townreading both Almost50 and Gamma Emerald.
Can anybody point to where Ankamius expresses a scumread on Almost50?

Chito? Explain yourself? What are you talking about?
In our hood?
Alt of Plumber
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Votecount 3.3

Almost50(2)
~ (28), (34)

Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (4)
Elena Fisher(1)
~ (43)
Reasonably Psychotic(1)
~ (21)
Near x Mello(1)
~ (23)

Not Voting (5):
Joan of Arc
(17), Elena Fisher(8), Reasonably Psychotic(42), Almost50(0), (9)

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2019-03-13 22:00:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:23 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Heya @mastina, I have a question: did you read Booneytoonz IX - Under the sea? Or followed it at some point? It ended recently.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Chito and Yuuri »

In post 3382, mastina wrote:
In post 3268, Torque wrote:@Mastina
a townblock of Joan/Maybe Pink Ball/Dunn/RP/Chito & Yuuri/You/Me effective for today, yes/no
Maybe so--Pink Ball was hard-spewed-town by Vedith.
Reasonably Psychotic was hard-spewed-town by SuperfluousNinja.
Dunnstral was hard-spewed-town by his push on SuperfluousNinja.
Chito and Yuuri were hard-spewed-town for their push on Vedith.

The only name on there I'm not sure of being town is Joan, and even there I agree she's probably town. But I'd prefer to finish a reread of the game with full reevaluation. We've got two dead scum right now, and plenty of time to find the remaining two. I need to find the absolute best POE for the townbloc and make ABSOLUTELY sure there's no scum in it.
Chito: This is a pretty good sense of where your reads are now but can I see your full reads list atm mastina?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3435, Chito and Yuuri wrote:1469 is wrong in ways that are unlikely to come from scum, 73 is a level of early game solving that rarely comes from scum a50 and 1510 works against the way that a50 is more pockety as scum and less combative.
1469 is wrong in exactly the ways I've seen Almost50 be wrong as scum; 73 isn't really game solving; 1510 is responding to me literally the only way which he can; attempting to pocket me would only ensure his lynch and combating me is literally the only way he knows to fight me off.
In post 3447, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Considering that AP is A50's "jokey" account, I would say A50's play in this game has a comparable amount of jokiness and random setup speccy stuff compared to Ballroom Blitz, which is a more recent game: viewtopic.php?t=78486&f=23&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
That's the problem.

AP
is his
joke
account.
Almost50
is his
serious
account.

The level of
jokiness
/setup spec stuff in this game is comparable to his
joke
account...
...But he is playing on his
serious
account.

You see the issue with that, yes?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3452, Pink Ball wrote:Heya @mastina, I have a question: did you read Booneytoonz IX - Under the sea? Or followed it at some point? It ended recently.
My omnipresence only extends over Normals. (And even then I tend to slack on Larges unless I am involved in them.)

I don't see how it's relevant, tho.
The relevant players from there are Maki Harukawa (Elena's danganronpa alt), Clemency (who is dead this game so not that important), you, Vedith (who was scum there just like here), Kaito Momota (who if memory serves me is Dunnstral's danganronpa alt), Wisdom, and Creature (who is dead this game so not that important).

To which of them, from that game, are you referring?
In post 3453, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: This is a pretty good sense of where your reads are now but can I see your full reads list atm mastina?
Sure thing.

Torque
Asking for a friend/Pink Ball
Chito and Yuuri
Dunnstral

Reasonably Psychotic
Joan of Arc

Elena Fisher
Near x Mello

Gamma Emerald
Almost50

I want to put Reasonably Psychotic in the top tier, but healthy respect/paranoia for Cerb's talents as scum plus the unlikely chance SuperfluousNinja bussed keep me from HARD hard-clearing him, but he's close enough.

Elena Fisher's not in the clear, but she gets a pass for today.
Near x Mello, Robert voted them and they pushed him back; that COULD be scum theater but my instinct is that it isn't.

Gamma's half-POE a scumread, half my current Vedith take, and half how she insists she can read Almost50 but has him as town when he's surefire scum.

Almost50 is scum on every account--by POE, by Ankamius scumreading him, by Severa scumreading him, by his interactions with flipped scum, sketchy posting throughout the game, by role speculation, and by the nightkills, among other factors.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Chito: The argument was being made that he was *not jokey enough* and now you are arguing he is *too jokey* -- which suggests to me that the "jokiness" quota for A50 is complete garbage.

When have you seen A50 be scum in the manner in which he is in 1469, arguing that both millers may be scum?

Your assertion that 73 isn't "real solving" also seems weak; for A50, that is a fairly organized list of initial gut reads. If you compare to his scum reads list here viewtopic.php?p=10520306#p10520306 then of course there will be some similarities, because it is still the same person writing an early reads list. But in that list, he goes out of his way to over-explain his early read on his partner (Creature) even though that wasn't one of the slots he was pushing. Whereas in this game is just saying "okay I get town vibes from this group so I'm still sorting these people" rather than pretending like he has a coherent lynch pool. It is much more town tonally here.

As for 1510, A50 certainly will do reactionary wallposts as scum, but he doesn't tend to go immediately for the AtE -- viewtopic.php?p=10553073#p10553073 is him doing a reactionary wallpost in response to a push as scum, but compared to 1510 it is quite calm in tone.

So I can see where you're coming from -- coming up with early game reads, pushing back on people pushing his slot, these are all things that CAN come from scum A50, but scum A50 has a very particular tone, where he is a little bit more stepped back. Town A50 is more emotive.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Chito: I guess I can see where you're coming from a bit better after writing 3456, I can see how at a glance this looks a lot like scum A50. Some of the things I thought he didn't tend to do as scum he actually sometimes does, but I'm still having a hard time seeing him as scum here anyway.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:42 pm

In post 3443, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ffs
Maybe I need to die so I'll stop being a moron all over the thread with my brain leakage
Chito: As an aside, this is kinda how I feel like Gamma would feel about the thread after reading that her scumbuddy got modkilled. I guess a big thing for me here is that this feels a lot like how Gamma would be feeling about the thread after a scum modkill flip, particularly if there was already one scum down. The POV flips in regard to N&M and Morality continue to bug me there. There are like, little things in Gamma's iso that make me second guess myself, but I still think Gamma is one of the better flips.

I think N&M probably is getting thrown off because your push on A50 feels scum-motivated if you're townreading A50, which I think it is reasonable to do -- and let's just accept that that is more up for debate than you may think. I'll concede that A50 is perhaps not has obvtown as I thought he was before starting this conversation, and I can see where you're coming from.

I guess I'll step back a bit but I feel like our reads are overlapping a lot other than A50 -- who I think I see where you're coming from and disagree -- and N&M, who I would put over Elena atm.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3457, Chito and Yuuri wrote:Chito: I guess I can see where you're coming from a bit better after writing 3456, I can see how at a glance this looks a lot like scum A50. Some of the things I thought he didn't tend to do as scum he actually sometimes does, but I'm still having a hard time seeing him as scum here anyway.
Well then look at all the other factors.

There are four scum in the game--even if Gamma's one of them (which yes I agree with you I think she likely is), she has a partner; who is it?

You agree with the POE of Torque/Pink Ball/Dunnstral/Reasonably Psychotic/Joan as being town...
...Which leaves you a grand total of four names for two scum slots.
If Gamma's scum.
That's still one scum in Elena/NearxMello/Almost50.

POE is HARSH against him.

Even if you ignore the POE pool.

Drixx had setup reasons for suspecting Almost50; do you think that in a ROLE MADNESS game, Drixx was killed exclusively for counterclaiming the scum role? (When there are, in fact, multiple town players--myself included--who have a role acting as a CC to Vedith's, and there are many town roles which CC one another.) We know at this point he wasn't killed to silence his voice in his neighborhood; that theory went debunk when Severa flipped town. Drixx had his eyes on Almost50, for good reason.

Ankamius is one of the best players on mafiascum--dead serious. Well, as town, at least. She's literally one of the worst threats to go up against--while that does mean literally everyone would kill her, it also means she has reason to be respected on her reads...ESPECIALLY her Almost50 read. She is one of the best players at reading Almost50. I rate her ability to read him as better than mine, and according to Joan, she had a rather notable scumread on him.

Severa may have been wrong on Spike/Jet, but RC is also a strong town player; he has a damn good process. He had Almost50 as one of his suspects. While he was vigged, I wouldn't discount the possibility of a scum vig right now, which brings up the question of who as scum would want him dead like that; the answer is, those who were afraid he'd catch them. And Almost50 is in that pool.

There's so much for him being scum, and the most there is for him being town is "he can do this stuff as town; he doesn't have to do this stuff as scum", pretty much. He just makes the most sense as one of the remaining two.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3458, Chito and Yuuri wrote:I think N&M probably is getting thrown off because your push on A50 feels scum-motivated if you're townreading A50, which I think it is reasonable to do -- and let's just accept that that is more up for debate than you may think.
Yeah well I'll look forward to how Wisdom bullshits that his reads weren't absolute ass this game when it's shown I'm town and Almost50 was scum like I said so his resistance was working against the town wincon.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:56 pm

In post 3459, mastina wrote:o you think that in a ROLE MADNESS game, Drixx was killed exclusively for counterclaiming the scum role?
Chito: tbh kinda yeah? idk I think NK spec tends to be pretty shoddy about 90% of the time
In post 3459, mastina wrote:She is one of the best players at reading Almost50. I rate her ability to read him as better than mine, and according to Joan, she had a rather notable scumread on him.

Chito: Yeah still don't like this. Ank may be good but she was in the thread for like 5 days and was not privy to today's flips, including Toogeloo who might have adjusted her PoE. Already talked about this though.
In post 3459, mastina wrote:RC is also a strong town player; he has a damn good process
Chito: I mean, Severa also literally said he just did not read Elena, so it's not like Severa was arguing A50 was scummier than Elena (at least not in this thread, lmk if he posted some night time reads list before he died).

I mean, bottom line for me is that A50 still seems tonally town. Partly that's from stuff he's said in the PT, and partly that's from his thought process I've seen throughout the game. But I'll talk with Yuuri about it and think about your arguments.
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:15 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

Then who is scum?

As mastina pointed out, PoE makes him scum as well, so if he isn't scum, who is?
Alt of Plumber
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:01 am

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3458, Chito and Yuuri wrote:I think N&M probably is getting thrown off because your push on A50 feels scum-motivated if you're townreading A50, which I think it is reasonable to do
what even

my read on mastina and my read on almost had nothing to do with each other
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am

Post by Near x Mello »

this is boring

mastina and elena are scum

everyone else is town

stop going after town and delaying this
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:07 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 3464, Near x Mello wrote:this is boring

mastina and elena are scum

everyone else is town

stop going after town and delaying this
Why should I do as you say?
Alt of Plumber
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:08 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

Do you think you're some sort of scumhunting God?
Alt of Plumber
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:08 am

Post by Near x Mello »

nobody talked to you
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:09 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

Or do you think you are better scumhunter than the rest of us combined?
Alt of Plumber
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:10 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

In post 3467, Near x Mello wrote:nobody talked to you
I get it. Your ego is more important to you than winning the game.
Alt of Plumber
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:12 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

I really, really, really hope you'd lose, but not even that will do anything about your ego, so I give up. Go on pretending you're right even when you are not.
Alt of Plumber
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:14 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

And accusing other people of things you yourself are guilty of, while systematically ignoring any and all good arguments they make which don't fit with your pre-determined reads.
Alt of Plumber
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:14 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

Also, I am in this game, whether you'd like it or not.
Alt of Plumber
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:16 am

Post by Near x Mello »

if you have any arguments mastina or elena are town im listening
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc