False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3546, Near x Mello wrote:Youve proven shit, youre playing exactly like you play as scum
To the contrary.
I've linked to every prior scumgame.
Within which is records of my play.
Strong, confident pushes on scumbuddies when bussing, compared and contrasted to my Vedith push.
The push on SuperfluousNinja after being down a scumbuddy on D1, when I have a proven track record of being adverse to bussing.

Pretending these things aren't valid doesn't make them so.

This is not how I play as scum and every player who has experience with me knows for it.
Yes, I can do anything as scum--so yes, this COULD be me as scum, because yes just because I haven't done it before as scum doesn't mean I couldn't do it as scum, but again. Just because I can do it doesn't mean I would. And all the evidence is there that I'm not.

I don't take direct control of the game as scum--I've been pushing for that alpha position since the start of D2. As scum, I can sometimes be handed the alpha position...in which case, I will then promptly fake reluctance for it (when my real emotion is, "SCORE!" at the :easywin:). As scum my modus operandi is to let the town destroy itself while I lurk in the shadows, garnering support by way of having proven myself to not be responsible for the moronic mislynches and to carve out the image that I couldn't be responsible for the town's failings because I wasn't in the midst of it.

Yet this game I have been going hard-out since D2. I have been pushing as hard as I can, as much as I can--yes, I push people hard as scum, but when I push people hard as scum, I do so more in the veins of vanity; I target people I know I won't actually lynch, because the people who I target can then continue to be targeted, to be tunneled, by me for days and days. No need to readjust my reads when my pushed scumreads are all alive days later because my pushes failed to get them lynched.

But here I have adjusted my reads many times, switching them. Yes, I can and have done this as scum, but it is a trend I tend not to.
Here I have pushed players hard and continuously, vying for the spot as town leader--not sure I've done this as scum, but yes, I could do it as scum...yet the very fact that I can't be sure I've done it is proof that there's a trend where I tend not to.
Here I have been trying to coordinate with big-name town players and to establish a rock-solid townbloc, a town core, from which to POE the scum and lynch them--I'm pretty sure I don't do this as scum.
Here I have been trying to rally people behind my banner--something I avoid doing as scum, because the more I try to be a town leader, the more eyes are actively paying attention to every move I make, every "misplay" that I then have to write off.
I don't often bus my scumbuddies--and when I do, it's usually just one. I know that I need scumbuddies to survive, and have gone on record multiple times to say that in about every single instance where I've been the last scum member of my team alive, I've lost. I run risk-reward analysis and the risk of being fucked over by not having the extra scum is almost never worth the reward of cheap towncred.

This is, absolutely, the polar opposite of my scumgame.
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Joan of Arc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Joan of Arc »

And you know why? Cos you have all the charisma of a mule and your reads are like a man repeatedly bashing his head against a block of concrete.
Alt of Plumber
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 3551, Joan of Arc wrote:repeatedly bashing his head against a block of concrete
Isn't this just a metaphor for forum mafia in general?

-Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Chito and Yuuri »

In post 3552, Akarin wrote:
In post 3551, Joan of Arc wrote:repeatedly bashing his head against a block of concrete
Isn't this just a metaphor for forum mafia in general?

-Yuuri
This is like the toughest part of hydraing
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Good work Chito, it took you like 30 pages but you finally cased gamma
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:30 am

Chito: What the fuck is your problem Dunn?
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

After reading all that I'm at the belief that Almost50 is the best lynch today. NxM is saying nonsense, but I feel like it's nonsense they believe
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

surprise surprise

both scum trying to lynch almost
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

also i find it hilarious that both mastina and elena are magically these grand depth scumhunters who see I am town here. I promise you that both of them would be scumreading me if they were town. But no, they portray me as a town clown here because that's what works best for them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3558, Near x Mello wrote:also i find it hilarious that both mastina and elena are magically these grand depth scumhunters who see I am town here. I promise you that both of them would be scumreading me if they were town. But no, they portray me as a town clown here because that's what works best for them.
You're in the POE pool.

The only two reasons I think you're town are:
-I think Almost50 and Gamma Emerald are scum, thus, everyone else is town including you, and...
-You have Robert interactions indicating you're not scum.

That's it. It's enough where I'm not pushing you as the lynch because I think you're more likely than not to be town, but push come to shove? You're in the POE pool; I absolutely would lynch you in a heartbeat, no hesitation--with no regrets, either.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

VOTE: mastina
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

im never changing this vote even with a cop inno

have fun throwing
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:53 pm

Chito: So anyway, me and Near have been having a side argument in channel 5 about Gamma. I get where he's coming from a bit better. He apparently thinks that there are tonal similarities to No Deadlines mafia, where Gamma was town--and simply put, I disagree.

If you're really reliant on meta for Gamma, then I did find a scum game that I think is a decent enough fit for the things that but me about the slot in this game:

viewtopic.php?t=77657&f=53&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

If you look at Gamma's read development in mini normal 2041, then you can see that he just randomly flip flops on certain key reads -- like PenguinPower -- when the wagon suits him.

In this sense, unnatural read development thought processes *are scum indicative* for Gamma.

While there are a few nominal similarities to no deadlines, and I get where you're coming from, the *underlying thought processes* are much more in line here with Mini Normal 2041 in my view.

So if you're making a meta argument, I want it clear that I don't think this is the town Gamma that does occasionally sheep wagons with little explanation, as seen in No Deadlines mafia, and instead I think this is the Gamma from Mini Normal 2041 that flips underdeveloped reads when the game state suits her.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3562, Chito and Yuuri wrote:He apparently thinks that there are tonal similarities to No Deadlines mafia
that was just an example. This is another instance of you assigning your own reasons to my reads.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Chito: I guess we're kinda in a point where people want to be really snarky and condescending to each other and not solve though so maybe this isn't even the right time for me to continue casing Gamma.

Like I know people are confident in their reads and stuff, I don't really know why Wisdom is now giving ultimatums for mastina, but I think when we get down to it and look at the evidence that *Gamma is scum* and is the best lynch for solving the game.

I have yet to hear a rebuttal to any of my key arguments other than Near who I guess in pedit is now making a more expansive argument
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

In post 3558, Near x Mello wrote:also i find it hilarious that both mastina and elena are magically these grand depth scumhunters who see I am town here. I promise you that both of them would be scumreading me if they were town. But no, they portray me as a town clown here because that's what works best for them.
Go on. I've read you correctly recently. Why would I be scumreading you here? I'm not someone to OMGUS
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:57 pm

In post 3563, Near x Mello wrote:that was just an example. This is another instance of you assigning your own reasons to my reads.
Chito: Dude you said "read no deadlines and tell me this isn't the same gamma here" and then I read no deadlines and told you this *isn't the same Gamma here*

If there's another game you want to point to where Gamma has *this level of inconsistency in reads* then you are welcome to point to it but until then maybe you need to consider the possibility that you're the one who is making faulty assumptions about Gamma's meta.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

youre just disliking playstyles
earlier you were arguing dunn and even joan were scum
all of those are obvtown if youve played with them a little
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

NxM is in a tunnel that much is clear. The reads they've given (at least scum wise) have been proven wrong. They can't even give valid reasoning on why the 2 people they think are scum. When reasoning for why mastina trs me got shown up it got blatantly ignored. It's just annoying at this point because they're not doing anything.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

how fucking hard is it for people to detect manipulation
why am i constantly the only one who sees it
How can you read mastina claiming she pushed vedith and go "oh, ok, shes right" WHEN SHE DID NOT PUSH VEDITH ONE BIT?
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

In post 3568, Elena Fisher wrote:NxM is in a tunnel that much is clear. The reads they've given (at least scum wise) have been proven wrong. They can't even give valid reasoning on why the 2 people they think are scum. When reasoning for why mastina trs me got shown up it got blatantly ignored. It's just annoying at this point because they're not doing anything.
Or how fucking hard is to detect this is scum throwing mad at me? AS IF ELENA DOESNT KNOW I NEVER GIVE REASONING!
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Chito: Dude, neither of those slots are obvtown. They may be *lean town* for a variety of reasons but saying they are "obvtown from meta" is just unconvincing.

Joan's play this game, as I mentioned before, is not totally distinct from her play in Story Revisted, where she made a large part of her iso dedicated to having weird interactions with mastina -- not obvtown. If Joan is town she is town *despite* her weird interactions with mastina.

Frankly I think you saying that Dunn is obvtown based on meta is just... weaksauce, I don't even know what else to say, but he is not a simple player.
Chito and Yuuri
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Chito and Yuuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:06 pm

In post 3569, Near x Mello wrote:why am i constantly the only one who sees it
How can you read mastina claiming she pushed vedith and go "oh, ok, shes right" WHEN SHE DID NOT PUSH VEDITH ONE BIT?
Chito: I feel like you're getting really frustrated right now so maybe I should take a break from the thread because I'm not sure we're in a mood right now to solve.

But I do think saying "mastina is lying about her interactions with Vedith" will be a much more productive conversation than saying "I am never moving my vote from mastina and anyone who disagrees is throwing"

One of those two statements is much more likely to create an interesting conversation than the other.
Near x Mello
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Near x Mello
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Near x Mello »

im always this frustrated
i just added caps in case it helps blind people
i dont expect it will
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Post by Elena Fisher »

But you have given reasoning this game. So don't try and hide behind that defense. Wisdom serious question. Why are you even posting right now? You're in poe you're a very likely lynch target. Me and mastina aren't getting lynched anytime soon. Even when/if you get lynched no one is going to suddenly listen to your reads. So all this 'look at these 2!' Is pointless. If you want to be useful build a case on us do something. You've given reasons this game you can do it again. Otherwise, go be non productive in your hood. Because right now all you're doing is making useless noise.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”