Booneytoonz IX - Under The Sea -- Game Over!

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4243 (isolation #200) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Jingle »

FWIW, I agree that this game was poorly modded, but not for the same reason as Fire.

First of all, I wouldn't have accepted the kill. I have specific deadlines when I mod, and any actions submitted post deadline timestamp aren't counted. I also always remind people that they haven't submitted actions, because the game is designed for people to actually take their action.

The lack of mod participation was intensely frustrating, however. I was very much counting on being able to rush through the day phase and kill Nancy before no deadlines ended, and the fact that night lasted 4 days definitely didn't help with that plan. In fact, I think that was exceptionally egregious given she offered an accelerated night and it took twice as long as a normal night.

Additionally, I think it's worth mentioning that the thread lock was because I PM'd Gamma to make sure she had been online before faking a conversation with her.

Krazy did a great job modding this game. The fact that a backup mod had to be as involved as he was means it was not modded well.

As far as the setup goes it wasn't terribly balanced.

Yeah, town had a bit more power than they should have, but that likely arose from a misunderstanding of the effect lolmillers would have on the setup. It probably would have been just fine if scum had had a roleblocker instead of a willbooster.

And if it matters I have no problem with releasing the scum PT.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4244 (isolation #201) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4242, Pink Ball wrote:Jingle, I understand that it was mechanically correct, I really do. But with how the gamestate was, with a claimed back up rolecop and an IC, do you still think it was a good idea to no lynch for town? If there were 2 scum left, of course.
Yes. Actually, even if there was only one.

See, No lynch there doesn't advance scum's win condition at all. Scum has the choice of killing Creature, who was technically still mislynchable, or killing Nero. If I killed Creature, I had one fewer player that I could maybe mislynch. If I killed Nero, Creature could investigate Nancy and conftown her. Either way, there is a player who theoretically could have been lynched that was no longer lynchable.

You're removing the potential of being wrong from the scenario. In this case, if you or Nancy had been incredibly strong deepwolves you could have pulled off the win. If we had no lynched, Creature had the potential of getting a guilty on someone who was lying.

This is a case of trust, yet verify. You never turn down mod confirmation of a player's alignment, because there's ALWAYS the chance that the person is fooling you.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4246 (isolation #202) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:15 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4245, Pink Ball wrote:As I said, well played Jingle, you did pretty good for what you had. You not giving reads was the scummiest thing you did, but you had no choice.
Nah, being willing to lynch Kaito was the scummiest thing I did. Town me never goes for that lynch over partner hunting.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4263 (isolation #203) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

You failed to redact post 120.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”